What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you making a confession...I mean with all the disagreement you are bringing? ;)
No. That someone is bringing disagreement is presumed. It’s just linguistic.

When thought activity is allowed to come to rest, clarity & fullness or fulfillment feeling (what’s sought in the first place) wise remains. Listening to someone else re-engages the activity of thinking, which obscures clarity & the fullness of feeling.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not Jerusalem, but in the church, and look and see what History shows and it clearly shows how it entered and from where.. Here is a good explanation...'
The book of Revelation portrays a great conflict between truth and error. It graphically describes two systems of worship in collision. Truth, opposed by error, triumphs.

A pure, chaste woman represents the true church, while a harlot represents the fallen church. The bride of Christ, the true church, radiates the glory of God, revealing His truth to the world. The apostate church, pictured as a harlot, offers her wine of false doctrines, confusing the mind and leading multitudes to destruction.

In this study we will notice especially the characteristics of this false system of worship so we can flee from it. At the same time we will discover the characteristics of true worship so we can embrace it.

1. How does God describe the true church? Revelation 12:1.

MY BIBLE SAYS: ". . . a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars."

In each of the following texts God describes His people as His bride: Isaiah 54:5,6; Hosea 2:19;11 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:22-26. The woman in white represents the bride of Christ.

2. What does the Lord call His church? 1 Timothy 3:15.

MY BIBLE SAYS: ". . . I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."

3. How is the false church pictured? Revelation 17:1 - 5.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "Come, I will show you . . . the great harlot . . . the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication . . . And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy . . . The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet . . . having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations . . . And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Wine affects the forebrain where conscience, reason, and judgment are situated. As such, it signifies the confusion of false doctrines. Psalm 116:13 speaks of the "cup of salvation." The wine cup of Babylon full of lies may be called the cup of death.
Revelation's Babylon represents a false religious system which carries over the principles of Old Testament Babylon into religious worship in the Christian era. An understanding of Old Testament Babylon enables us to positively identify New Testament Babylon and flee its errors.

4. Who is the author of all false doctrine? John 8:44.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "You are of your father the devil, . . . He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him . . . he is a liar and the father of it."

Satan, the father of lies, counterfeits truth. He attempts to deceive us. Through religious deceit he desires to capture the minds of thousands.

Characteristic # 1 —Rebellion

5. What is the origin of Old Testament Babylon? Genesis 11:5-9.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the Lord said, 'they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language.; So the Lord scattered them abroad . . . Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language . . . and scattered them abroad . . ."

6. Was the Old Testament Babylon centered in God's way or man's way? Daniel 4:30.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "The king spoke, saying, `Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?"'

Old Testament Babylon was established in direct opposition to the plain commands of God. It was a human system of religion based on the traditions and authority of men rather than God. It was man-centered rather than God-centered.

Characteristic #2—Idolatry

7. How was Babylon's rebellion against the true God revealed? Ezekiel 6:4.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "Then your altars shall be desolate, your incense altars shall be broken, and I will cast down your slain men before your idols."

Dr. Alexander Hislop stated it clearly when he said, "Babylon is the prime source through which all idolatry flowed."

Modern Babylon is a system of religion which uses idols in its worship. Its statues, images and religious icons revive the idolatry of Ancient Babylon.

8. What clear, obvious command had God given His people? Exodus 20.4,5.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "You shall not make for yourself any carved image, . . . you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Characteristic #3-Immortality/ Ancestor Worship

9. What was the ancient Babylonian concept of death? In Ezekiel 8:14 who were the Jewish women weeping for?

MY BIBLE SAYS: "So He brought me to the door . . . and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz."

Tammuz, the god of vegetation, was one of the many deities of Babylon. The Babylonians believed that in the hot weather with no rain, Tammuz died, but in the season of fertile crops, he was revived again. This is just a sample of the Babylonian thought pattern that the dead do not die but live on.

The concept of the immortal soul was at the heart of Babylonian worship. The thought that the soul leaves the body at death comes directly from paganism.

10. What does the Bible teach regarding death? Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalm 115:17; Psalms 146:4.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "But the dead know nothing, . ." "The dead do not praise the Lord, . . . " "In that very day his plans perish.,"

Characteristic #4—Pagan Sun Worship

11. What Babylonian worship practice mingled with the worship of Israel for a time? Ezekiel 8:16.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "So He brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house; and there, . . . about twenty-five men . . . were worshiping the sun toward the east."

12. What sign had God given His people? Ezekiel 20:12,20.

MY BIBLE SAYS: "Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. . ." "Hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, . . ."....
Rather interesting . notice GOD saw the tower they were building , the tower they beleived would reach to heaven
NOTICE the PEOPLE were AS ONE .
now go to and behold ..........
FOR THEY NOW BUILD a TEMPLE , a RELIGION , and cliam it is the way to GOD
as they preach this incluisie many path and sin accepting tower .
AND the motto is WE ARE ONE . THAT TOWER of many diverse stones WILL NEVER REACH GOD .
FAITH IN JESUS DOES , but that tower will never do so . AND ON THE DAY OF THE LORD
ITS all coming DOWN . yet many now build in it . THIS IS NOT looking good at all .
As they preach abraham accords , as they preach the muslims and others serve the same GOD we do .
As they embrace sins and even try and make JESUS , GOD , INTO A MINISITIR OF SINS
and DENY also the DIRE NEED TO HAVE TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST . this love most are now being affected
and infected by , IT CAME OF THE WORLD , NOT GOD

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And so you have justified yourself before men.

You are interpreting what I say through your religious ego. You yourself have a huge bent in self-justification. From that mindset you see all through that self-justification.

You are simply judging by what is in you. We judge from what we are.
And once again you make it sound as though we all have a disagreement with holiness and a holy walk....

You don't believe, by your own admission, in a repentance into holiness. You have said many times that you believe that holiness is progressive...like God's Spirit can get progressively holy. If you had any understanding of God you would realize the folly of such a pursuit. People don't get more holy over time.

And because you HATE the idea that seeking God's face is necessary to cross into the kingdom realm...you speak against me...actually the words of God.
when that is not what we here are objecting to.

Go back over your posts. See how your ego reacts to this....We must seek God's face for a translation into His holy presence in the kingdom realm of the Spirit. In Him is NO sin.
It's those other things you believe that is the problem......which essentially means your higher walk talk is just the bait leading to a snare.
God's snare...not mine. God has a net that he catches people in...the snare of unbelief. Unless you are converted and become as a child you will never see God's kingdom...whether you are twice born or thrice born...

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I am talking about has nothing to do with what you in your own arrogance call "the inclusive judge not lovey do generation" or "this inclusive diversity spell."
Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade in order that others might see what it is. I sometimes refer to the deception that Amigo is talking about, as "kumbaya"....because it's pie-in-the-sky self righteousness, not the righteousness of Christ.

And what it does essentially is accuse God's way of being unrighteous. Lucifer setting his throne ABOVE the stars of God. It seeks to exceed the righteousness of Christ, which of course is a deception. Serpent in the Garden....."it's not fair for God to choose what you can and can't do, Eve." It is man playing God, as if he can do it better than God. Which is what that wrong Tree is all about.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ye shall know WHO is who by the version of love they follow .
the love that is of the world and the LOVE that cometh of GOD .
now both have a mention of good works and doing good to others
but the love of the world IS ENMITY with GOD .
its love will hate bibical truths that expose its love .
THE LOVE OF GOD would ONLY REJOICE IN THE TRUTH
the love of the world will rejoice in a lie .
THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD REJOICE IN THE TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
but the love of the world will call that hate
and judgmental , saying how dare you say things like other religoins do not know GOD
how dare you say they are in danger of eternal damnation
AS IT HOLLERS A LIE TO THE WORLD which says All religoins are a way to GOD so long as they love .
and worse many peoples JUST REJOICE IN THIS LIE .
CHARITY dont rejoice in INQUITY and to DENY ONE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST , IS THE ULTIMATE INQUITY
for all who deny HIM , all who believe not but rather reject HIM , WILL DIE IN THEIR SINS .
watch out . cause the the devil can wear more than prada my friends, HE CAN WEAR WOOL .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade in order that others might see what it is. I sometimes refer to the deception that Amigo is talking about, as "kumbaya"....because it's pie-in-the-sky self righteousness, not the righteousness of Christ.

The fact that you can't discern Amigo for what he is shows how you are covered in the very same deception...blame the unbelievers..God would never judge someone that would believe ON Jesus? Such foolishness and childish deception. Who would fall for that? MANY unfortunately. It's the sign of the times.
And what it does essentially is accuse God's way of being unrighteous.

The opposite is true. You would accuse God of being RELIGIOUS like you are. But God is not religious. He is righteous. He is merciful towards the merciful, the weak, the poor and the fatherless. You religious types HATE that. You want to be justified so bad for your religious beliefs you condemn those on whom God shows mercy...to your own rejection. Calling that "Inclusive" is good. To make mercy to be something that goes against Jesus Christ...is the very height of folly.
Lucifer setting his throne ABOVE the stars of God. It seeks to exceed the righteousness of Christ, which of course is a deception. Serpent in the Garden....."it's not fair for God to choose what you can and can't do, Eve." It is man playing God, as if he can do it better than God. Which is what that wrong Tree is all about.
Obscurantism. Dissimulation. A false comparison.

• Sad

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that you can't discern Amigo for what he is shows how you are covered in the very same deception...blame the unbelievers..God would never judge someone that would believe ON Jesus? Such foolishness and childish deception. Who would fall for that? MANY unfortunately. It's the sign of the times.

The opposite is true. You would accuse God of being RELIGIOUS like you are. But God is not religious. He is righteous. He is merciful towards the merciful, the weak, the poor and the fatherless. You religious types HATE that. You want to be justified so bad for your religious beliefs you condemn those on whom God shows mercy...to your own rejection. Calling that "Inclusive" is good. To make mercy to be something that goes against Jesus Christ...is the very height of folly.

speaking without understanding . WHO ON EARTH ever once said GOD will NOT JUDGE believers . I never did .
Often is a believer chastened in this life .
And as far as believer goes , THERE is a huge difference between LIP ONLY , verses LIP AND HEART .
Yet you give the unbelievers a false gospel that wont save one of them .
INCLUSIVSIM is A LIE masked as though it be true . BUT IT DENIES the DIRE NEED FOR the peoples
to REPENT and BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . rather selling an idea
that if one just has this lovey instruction given by this false social gospel that they will be fine
WHAT a lie that one is .
A lie that in part many within christendom now believe . as they actually believe GOD is fine with other religoins
that all we need is love and to do good . What a whopper epi .
EVEN CORNELIOUS , who DID DO MUCH GOOD and with WHOM his works came up as a memorial before GOD
had to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
AND Notice what GOD TOLD cornelious . HE said you NEED to call for peter
AND HE WILL TELL YOU what YOU MUST DO .
Now when peter came , he didnt come preaching COMMON GROUND AND FINDING UNITY WITH ALL RELIGOINS
PETER did not come and say HEY CORNELIOUS GET UP and preach GOOD WORKS to the peoples now .
NO HE PREACHED BELEIVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST EPI .
And later we read where peter rehearses the matter before the other apostels in jersualem .
WHEN they went after him for going into the house of a gentile .
NOTICE what PETER says , WHAT GOD told peter . WORDS whereby YOU and YOUR HOUSE MAY BE SAVED .
THEY PREACHED JESUS CHRIST EPI . NOT this socially engineered gospel that will save none .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
speaking without understanding . WHO ON EARTH ever once said GOD will NOT JUDGE believers . I never did .
Often is a believer chastened in this life .
And as far as believer goes , THERE is a huge difference between LIP ONLY , verses LIP AND HEART .
Yet you give the unbelievers a false gospel that wont save one of them .
INCLUSIVSIM is A LIE masked as though it be true . BUT IT DENIES the DIRE NEED FOR the peoples
to REPENT and BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . rather selling an idea
that if one just has this lovey instruction given by this false social gospel that they will be fine
WHAT a lie that one is .
A lie that in part many within christendom now believe . as they actually believe GOD is fine with other religoins
that all we need is love and to do good . What a whopper epi .
EVEN CORNELIOUS , who DID DO MUCH GOOD and with WHOM his works came up as a memorial before GOD
had to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
AND Notice what GOD TOLD cornelious . HE said you NEED to call for peter
AND HE WILL TELL YOU what YOU MUST DO .
Now when peter came , he didnt come preaching COMMON GROUND AND FINDING UNITY WITH ALL RELIGOINS
PETER did not come and say HEY CORNELIOUS GET UP and preach GOOD WORKS to the peoples now .
NO HE PREACHED BELEIVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST EPI .
And later we read where peter rehearses the matter before the other apostels in jersualem .
WHEN they went after him for going into the house of a gentile .
NOTICE what PETER says , WHAT GOD told peter . WORDS whereby YOU and YOUR HOUSE MAY BE SAVED .
THEY PREACHED JESUS CHRIST EPI . NOT this socially engineered gospel that will save none .
Have you even read the bible? Your ignorance of God's will shows that you have understood nothing of the gospel. In fact you have gone the opposite way. You are championing iniquity.

Look what Peter actually says.

Acts 10: 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God doesn't care what your religious opinions are. Righteous is as righteous DOES.

35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.

Now if you were honest you would criticize Peter and tell him he needs to be as religiously "correct" as you are. Peter never once says here to believe ON Jesus. Are you cringing yet?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Unfortunately, not everyone will receive eternal life Epi. Only those who God has foreknown. Those who are elect according to His foreknowledge....He will have mercy on who He has mercy, who He has already decided before the world was. We don't get to decide that. We don't get to judge, only God does. He is the only one who knows what anyone truly is, on the inside...while we can only see outward appearance of things and circumstances. He has already given everyone the gift of life while on earth. But not everyone will go on into eternity....and He doesn't owe that to anyone......and He has chosen His Son to be the Way to eternal life. Bible says there is no other name/way by which man can be saved. There is nothing murky or grey or unclear about that....it's clear and unambiguous. If you are looking for humility, I would think it is humility to submit ourselves to His rule on the matter....His choice as to how man may be saved. It's not my druthers, because my flesh wants to exalt all flesh....but God's.

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you even read the bible? Your ignorance of God's will shows that you have understood nothing of the gospel. In fact you have gone the opposite way. You are championing iniquity.

Acts 10: 34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God doesn't care what your religious opinions are. Righteous is as righteous DOES.

35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.

Now if you were honest you would criticize Peter and tell him he needs to be as religiously "correct" as you are. Peter never once says here to believe ON Jesus. Are you cringing yet?
No He is no respecter of persons......the same gospel applies to all....the same way to salvation. No different ways for different people.

And how can anyone fear God without FAITH...believing by FAITH that He is. Salvation is by FAITH....which is not of our own....there's no other way.

Everyone who works righteousness is accepted by Him......their own righteousness or the righteousness of Christ? Didn't Jesus say the religious Jews failed to receive the kingdom because they sought it by their own righteousness rather than SUBMITTING to the righteousness of Christ?

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And what it does essentially is accuse God's way of being unrighteous. Lucifer setting his throne ABOVE the stars of God. It seeks to exceed the righteousness of Christ, which of course is a deception. Serpent in the Garden....."it's not fair for God to choose what you can and can't do, Eve." It is man playing God, as if he can do it better than God. Which is what that wrong Tree is all about.
Sure, but my point was simply that this isn't what I was seeing in @Episkopos' posts. What I was referring to was an arrogance that "only I" have the correct understanding and a dismissive attitude toward those who disagree. I was struck by this because I sensed the exact opposite spirit in the videos to which Episkopos had referred me.

I was thinking that if I ran a forum, I might have some weird rule that prohibited anyone from quoting anyone else's posts or perhaps even using the term "you." Virtually every thread descends into "me" versus "you" and "why I am right" and "you are wrong." My little rule would force people to just say what they have to say and let others decide who is right (if anyone) and who is wrong (if anyone).

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wrong again epi . You take peter out of text in order to try and justify the social gospel .
Notice that STILL cornelious HAD to hear the gospel and believe .
But social pope francis inclusive gospel , which was preached even before pope francis , sayeth
GO and preach to do GOOD to the people . NOT TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
as you all call that RELIGOUS stuff . You have no idea what spirit you are truly of my friend .
THE apostels preached BELIEVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST to the world
but the social one preaches , JUST teach good works and certain aspects .......
THAT gospel wont save anyone . The god of all other religoins , AINT GOD EPI .
and their religious beliefs and good works WONT save one of them .
ONLY satan would invent a lovey do gospel that wont focus on the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST
but rather the idea its not necessary so long as one has this socially engineered love of the world
WHY would satan preach such a social diversity inclusive gospel , CAUSE HE KNOWS IT WONT SAVE THEM .
He desires lots of souls in perditoin with HIM epi .
what better way to do that , than to give the idea , WHILE USING THE WORDS GOD IS LOVE ,
that makes the road to GOD VERY BROAD as it offers up false hope in what they believe WILL SAVE THEM .
GOD already chose HOW , PREDETERMINDED HOW , to save the world
and it sure as heck was not by the preaching of this socially engineered gospel
but RATHER TO PREACH THE GOSPEL that one must BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
THE TRUE GOSPEL saves epi , the socially engieneered one GRAVES .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He is no respecter of persons......the same gospel applies to all....the same way to salvation. No different ways for different people.

And how can anyone fear God without FAITH...believing by FAITH that He is. Salvation is by FAITH....which is not of our own....there's no other way
EPI is a twister of words sister . trying to imply the justification of this social gospel by using peters words out of text .
YET WHAT DID PETER PREACH TO CORNELIOIUS . THE SOCIAL GOSPEL or THE GOSPEL OF BELIEVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Exactly . This socially engineered gospel SAVES NONE .
What it really does and why its being pumped unto the world , IS TO CREATE A SINGEL RELIGION
which will serve ELITES and their global agenda . OR in simplier terms
REALLY what this is all about
is What was foretold would come to pass . The world and its tribes , its religoins
are merging as one , UNDER WHO and AGAINST WHO is the question .
UNDER the dragon and AGAINST GOD AND HIS CHRIST . LOOK at its core . THIS IS WHAT IS OCCURING
and their motto WE HAVE OUR OWN TOWER TO GOD
WE ARE ONE , WE ARE ONE .................WE CAN ATTAIN UNTO GOD our own way , WE can reach TO HEAVEN our own way.
THIS is not looking good at all.
THIS so called love they preach ,this so called social gospel they do preach
this so called solution they believe will bring in PEACE N SAFTEY
will only BRING THIS upon them ....................SUDDEN DESTRUCTION and they will not escape .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sure, but my point was simply that this isn't what I was seeing in @Episkopos' posts. What I was referring to was an arrogance that "only I" have the correct understanding and a dismissive attitude toward those who disagree. I was struck by this because I sensed the exact opposite spirit in the videos to which Episkopos had referred me.

I was thinking that if I ran a forum, I might have some weird rule that prohibited anyone from quoting anyone else's posts or perhaps even using the term "you." Virtually every thread descends into "me" versus "you" and "why I am right" and "you are wrong." My little rule would force people to just say what they have to say and let others decide who is right (if anyone) and who is wrong (if anyone).
Contending for the FAITH brother. Raising the banner of God's word against what is so deceptively wrong. And when the dust settles, we hope God is glorified and that the truth gets through to some, even if not necessarily to the person we're contending with.

We need to discern spirits, whether someone is of the Lord or another spirit. Have you ever met any Buddhists....? I have, and it taught me to discern between that kind of spirit and the spirit of Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

An interesting idea. But being people we tend to address each other...above and beyond simple ideas. Also, there are many spirits here. There is NO consensus. Many spirits have gone into the world. So there's that too.

I think correction, as uncomfortable as it may be, is fully biblical...in Hebrew a DAVAR MOUSAR is a rebuke, correction, instruction. And that is how the gospel was first published in the synagogues.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Tim. 3;16,17

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
EPI is a twister of words sister . trying to imply the justification of this social gospel by using peters words out of text .
YET WHAT DID PETER PREACH TO CORNELIOIUS . THE SOCIAL GOSPEL or THE GOSPEL OF BELIEVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Exactly . This socially engineered gospel SAVES NONE .
What it really does and why its being pumped unto the world , IS TO CREATE A SINGEL RELIGION
which will serve ELITES and their global agenda . OR in simplier terms
REALLY what this is all about
is What was foretold would come to pass . The world and its tribes , its religoins
are merging as one , UNDER WHO and AGAINST WHO is the question .
UNDER the dragon and AGAINST GOD AND HIS CHRIST . LOOK at its core . THIS IS WHAT IS OCCURING
and their motto WE HAVE OUR OWN TOWER TO GOD
WE ARE ONE , WE ARE ONE .................WE CAN ATTAIN UNTO GOD our own way , WE can reach TO HEAVEN our own way.
THIS is not looking good at all.
THIS so called love they preach ,this so called social gospel they do preach
this so called solution they believe will bring in PEACE N SAFTEY
will only BRING THIS upon them ....................SUDDEN DESTRUCTION and they will not escape .
Amen...and there is a lot that he isn't rightly dividing.

• Love

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No confusion at my end....I certainly affirm what Jerusalem had become and was judged for. But she is our example.......and what has been will be again, there is nothing new under the sun. We need to understand that mystery Babylon, the mystery of iniquity is a spirit at work. When one body is destroyed that it was operating through, it flees into another.........until when Jesus returns it will be dealt with permanently.
It's true that corruption inevitably keeps cropping up in the church body, since it is composed of erring humanity. We are a work in progress. And I agree that at the final return of Christ, all remaining human evil will be dealt with permanently.

But I disagree with using the title of "Mystery Babylon" or "the mystery of iniquity" as a sort of ongoing description for this continued process. Mystery Babylon was not defined by the angel as a "spirit". The interpreting messenger for John called Mystery Babylon a single city that was going to be destroyed - no more, and no less. Once the messenger defined what Mystery Babylon was, we are not at liberty to extend that simple definition of a literal city into something else metaphoric. Such would be to add to John's writing, which he forbad in Revelation 22:18.

When John heard the voice from heaven saying "come out of her my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues", this was a repetition of Christ's warning to his disciples in Luke 21:20-22. Christ told the disciples that when they saw the city of Jerusalem surrounded by armies, they were to immediately flee Judea for the mountains, and if they were in Jerusalem or the surrounding countries, they were not to re-enter the city Jerusalem, in order to avoid the "days of vengeance" coming on Judea and Jerusalem in the siege period from AD 66-70. This was a literal flight from a literal location on earth, with the literal mountains of Israel as their destination in AD 66.

This particular passage was not a specific directive applying to us today to flee from corrupt churches (although this is something that we should do).

As for Paul's "mystery of iniquity" in 2 Thess. 2, this was going to be the source for the "Lawless One" who was alive in Paul's days, and was then being restrained from being revealed openly. "Lawlessness" in scripture is defined as the Zealot cause prevalent in the first century, since Christ was prophesied to be "numbered with the lawless" in his death. This prophecy in Isaiah 53:12 was fulfilled when Christ was crucified between two Zealot thieves who had participated in an insurrection against Rome (Mark 15:7 & 28).

That "mystery of iniquity" which was "already working" was the Zealot cause which had been simmering for some time in Christ's days on earth, and would break out in full revolt against the Romans in AD 66. This is not to be confused with the ordinary wickedness of the human heart which has characterized all of humanity since the Fall.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many now do the work of the dark one .
preaching a universal wordly version of love which will indeed gather all to be as one .
But under WHO as one and against WHO.
EXAMINE ITS LOVE .
IT DENIES THE DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST AND IT WILL HONOR CERATAIN SINS .
it aint under GOD . BUT RATHER AGAINST HIM .
VERY WISE AND CLEVER THE SERPENT IS ..................
But the lambs wont heed its voice the voice of its men or its love .
POINT to CHRIST till the last breath . Preach n teach the ONE TRUE GOSPEL of the LORD JESUS CHRIST
for the time has come when many no longer heed sound doctrine
but rather are seduced and love to be seduced by a lie , a love of the world , a delusion .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Contending for the FAITH brother. Raising the banner of God's word against what is so deceptively wrong. And when the dust settles, we hope God is glorified and that the truth gets through to some, even if not necessarily to the person we're contending with.

We need to discern spirits, whether someone is of the Lord or another spirit. Have you ever met any Buddhists....? I have, and it taught me to discern between that kind of spirit and the spirit of Christ.
You also related how you were attracted by new age thinking. Knowing what is wrong doesn't give you much of a clue of what is right. Case in point.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's true that corruption inevitably keeps cropping up in the church body, since it is composed of erring humanity. We are a work in progress. And I agree that at the final return of Christ, all remaining human evil will be dealt with permanently.

But I disagree with using the title of "Mystery Babylon" or "the mystery of iniquity" as a sort of ongoing description of this continued process. Mystery Babylon was not defined by the angel as a "spirit". The interpreting messenger for John called Mystery Babylon a single city that was going to be destroyed - no more, and no less. Once the messenger defined what Mystery Babylon was, we are not at liberty to extend that simple definition of a literal city into something else metaphoric. Such would be to add to John's writing, which he forbad in Revelation 22:18.

Paul's "mystery of iniquity" in 2 Thess. 2 was going to be the source for the "Lawless One" who was alive in Paul's days, and was then being restrained from being revealed openly. "Lawlessness" in scripture is defined as the Zealot cause prevalent in the first century, since Christ was prophesied to be "numbered with the lawless" in his death. This prophecy in Isaiah 53:12 was fulfilled when Christ was crucified between two Zealot thieves who had participated in an insurrection against Rome (Mark 15:7 & 28).

That "mystery of iniquity" which was "already working" was the Zealot cause which had been simmering for some time in Christ's days on earth, and would break out in full revolt against the Romans in AD 66. This is not to be confused with the ordinary wickedness of the human heart which has characterized all of humanity since the Fall.
Watch and see what happens brother. I'm telling you as the Lord has been gracious to show me, that spirit is alive and well. Being released from the pit to deceive the nations (esp the church among the nations).....restrainer being taken away. And when the Temple gets re-built in Jerusalem........don't have anything to do with it. Flee it. When you see the abomination of desolation. Go my people, enter your rooms and lock the door until my wrath passes by....His wrath being a very strong seductive cult like delusion that they are being given over to. If it were possible it would deceive the very elect. Flee to the mountains, the high places of God.