What is New Testament Holiness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Round and round and round and round, repeating the same stuff again and again and again yet I have learned little of Jesus from all of the babble.
Do you really think a theology test will be given us before entrance into the heavenly realms?

I read Jesus says to many who figured they had it figured, 'I never knew you'

Here is how you go to Heaven..

Jesus said..."you must be born again"..

And water can't do that for you.
And confessing sin can't do that for you.
And trying to be like Christ can't do that for you.
And taking sacraments can't do that for you.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me show you something.

If a person is not born again.....and they keep the 10 Commandments, and Jesus's Commandments.. and are water baptized, and take the sacraments, and try to endure to the end, and also, dress up like the Pope.
If they do all this.......and If they keep them....ALL.. those commandments.........why are they still not abiding in Christ, and will go to Hell, EVEN THO, they are doing what you said to do?

Its because we "abide in Christ", by being born Again INTO HIM, = Spiritually.

Look at you verse, and notice this...

Abide "IN CHRIST".....

And that is not by works, or commandment keeping.... or by self effort.
Didn't you read the verse? It is confirmed by the Spirit. We must have the indwelling Spirit or we don't belong to Christ. I've had the Spirit since 1977, but kept the commandments all my life till then when I wasn't saved. I know the difference.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lukewarm Christians do. Its more a family thing. They KNOW ABOUT Jesus, but they haven't learned they must be Jesus' servant, and Jesus their Lord! They need to love Jesus and one another and keep his commandments in order to ABIDE IN CHRIST. 1 John 3:24. They probably haven't even heard that verse, let alone read it.
Some have been doing surveys on churches as of late .
They are quickly finding something has went big time AWRY within the churches .
They were shocked to find this out .
Any guesses on what it is . Most folks dont even know what the gospel itself IS .
Most , over seventy percent of christains even believe GOD is fine with ALL paths , all religions .
They asked basic simple questions to church goes , pastors too .
THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE GOSPEL anymore .
And they were pondering HOW on earth can this be possible .
THERE is something else they noted . IF you go in one church they pretty much all the same now .
Mostly about community works , feeding the poor . BUT THEY GOT ZERO knowlege about CHRIST and the gosple
let alone hardly any BIBLICAL DOCTRINE .
HOW DO YOU THINK this happened . CAUSE I KNOW HOW IT DID .
Seeker friendly tatcis did this , rick warren and the new way of evangelizing did this .
THIS FINDING COMMON GROUND STUFF DID THIS .
ALL you hear in most churches is the word LOVE non stop and yet if you examine what they call love
YOU GONNA FIND OUT IT CONTRADICTS THE LOVE OF GOD HIMSELF .
WE GOT PROBLEMS . most follow another jesus , another gospel , THEY DO NOT KNOW THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST AT ALL .
they learned another version of GOD ,of CHRIST and of the apostels . GUESS what that means .
THEY NEVER CAME TO JESUS CHRIST at all . THEY ARE STILL Dead in their sins , still dead in unbelief .
This shocked them . BUT IT DIDNT suprise me one bit . CAUSE I seen this coming moons ago , years ago .
WHEN churches take off from heeding biblical doctrine , they FALL . THEY FALL . repeat , THEY FALL .
Till now most of christanity has no IDEA what it has lost and scarier they know not THEY ARE STILL LOST .
The devil sure can appear as an angel of light , AND I PROMISE HIS MINSITIRS sure
can come in and even lead the churches . Folks need to get IN THE BIBLE and fast .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some have been doing surveys on churches as of late .
They are quickly finding something has went big time AWRY within the churches .
They were shocked to find this out .
Any guesses on what it is . Most folks dont even know what the gospel itself IS .
Most , over seventy percent of christains even believe GOD is fine with ALL paths , all religions .
They asked basic simple questions to church goes , pastors too .
THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE GOSPEL anymore .
And they were pondering HOW on earth can this be possible .
THERE is something else they noted . IF you go in one church they pretty much all the same now .
Mostly about community works , feeding the poor . BUT THEY GOT ZERO knowlege about CHRIST and the gosple
let alone hardly any BIBLICAL DOCTRINE .
HOW DO YOU THINK this happened . CAUSE I KNOW HOW IT DID .
Seeker friendly tatcis did this , rick warren and the new way of evangelizing did this .
THIS FINDING COMMON GROUND STUFF DID THIS .
ALL you hear in most churches is the word LOVE non stop and yet if you examine what they call love
YOU GONNA FIND OUT IT CONTRADICTS THE LOVE OF GOD HIMSELF .
WE GOT PROBLEMS . most follow another jesus , another gospel , THEY DO NOT KNOW THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST AT ALL .
they learned another version of GOD ,of CHRIST and of the apostels . GUESS what that means .
THEY NEVER CAME TO JESUS CHRIST at all . THEY ARE STILL Dead in their sins , still dead in unbelief .
This shocked them . BUT IT DIDNT suprise me one bit . CAUSE I seen this coming moons ago , years ago .
WHEN churches take off from heeding biblical doctrine , they FALL . THEY FALL . repeat , THEY FALL .
Till now most of christanity has no IDEA what it has lost and scarier they know not THEY ARE STILL LOST .
The devil sure can appear as an angel of light , AND I PROMISE HIS MINSITIRS sure
can come in and even lead the churches . Folks need to get IN THE BIBLE and fast .

Most of the Church has taken the path that scratches their itching ears. We must be a Philadelphian Christian to be a true Christian, but few have found it.

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Igorwxi

Aug 12, 2023
Cyprus
Faith
Christian
Country
Uruguay
Доброго времени суток.
Ваш форум мне показался очень привлекательным и перспективным.
Хочу заказать рекламное место для баннера в верхней части сайта, за $400 в месяц.
Оплачивать буду через WebMoney, 50% сразу, а 50% через 2 недели. И еще, адрес моей страницы Ukr-Life News - он не будет противоречить тематике? Спасибо!
Напишите о Вашем решении мне в ПМ или на почту [email protected]

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Didn't you read the verse? It is confirmed by the Spirit. We must have the indwelling Spirit or we don't belong to Christ. I've had the Spirit since 1977, but kept the commandments all my life till then when I wasn't saved. I know the difference.

You changed the discussion from "abiding in Christ", and how to so that, to your testimony.

Here is one of the things that separate the student of the word from the student of self saving.

The real student, will understand that Their Discipleship, is not God's Salvation.

Some never understand this, and keep trying to perform to stay saved., and perform trying to be righteous.... having literally never understood that The Cross of Christ, is the only thing that God offers to accept us.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You changed the discussion from "abiding in Christ", and how to so that, to your testimony.

Here is one of the things that separate the student of the word from the student of self saving.

The real student, will understand that Their Discipleship, is not God's Salvation.

Some never understand this, and keep trying to perform to stay saved., and perform trying to be righteous.... having literally never understood that The Cross of Christ, is the only thing that God offers to accept us.
Paul calls them fools, having begun in the spirit. now trying to perfect in the flesh (works)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
human works...or human beliefs...all tricks that the canal mind plays on a potential disciple that short-circuit an actual connection to the living God..
Its because they start in faith. But through lack of faith in the cross. they think they have to do works to make sure they stay saved.

They are fools because they state they have faith. but their lack of faith faith in the cross and faith in their works proves their faith was in self. not God

Remember what these people were doing..

1. They added works of the law to the gospel
2. They added the fact that a human adult was forced to get circumcised, or as paul calls, the mutilation in Phil 3.
3. they did not admit the law made them guilty. they thought they were righteous according to the law. andf just had to keep obeying

they rejected the words of Jesus on how to be born again.. and ignored the warning of John the baptist in the same chapter.

35 The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. 36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

They taught it was belief plus works.. and again, Paul called them fools. and as he said in Gal 1. they are anathema for believing in a different gospel.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
human works...or human beliefs...all tricks that the canal mind plays on a potential disciple that short-circuit an actual connection to the living God..

The only true connection a human can have to the Living God is to be "BORN AGAIN", by the Spirit of God.
This is the restoration of spiritual union with God.

Or as Jesus told you... "you must be born again".......and that's not by water.

Go here :

For us to be accepted by God we have to become as righteous as God.

Q.) How can that happen when "all have sinned"< and "all our works are as a filthy rag", and all the Law and commandments can do is DEMAND from us righteousness that we don't have ???

A.). God became one of us to fulfill the LAW which does this.... "Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness for/to everyone who believes".

And then He shed His blood and dies for our sin on The Cross....=""God has made Jesus to BE SIN for Us"", ... as """"the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for Sin""".

End result?

Our sin is forgiven, and the LAW has no more dominion over Us, so it can't ever again define us as a sinner.

God then gives us the New Birth, and we become : "The Righteousness of God, in Christ", as a "New Creation"....= BORN Again, and this is our Eternal Life "in Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul calls them fools, having begun in the spirit. now trying to perfect in the flesh (works)

These are born again Christians = "Galatian Christians"

They were deceived by a Theological Deceiver who caused them to lose faith in Christ and begin to try to perform and work, to be accepted by God..........they are "fallen from Grace" and "in the Flesh".

Paul said to them..

"WHO has Bewitched You, that you no longer follow the Truth" ??

So, its always a...... "doing works of righteousness","to be accepted" = type of carnal Legalist .....who ruins the faith of real believers.

The Christ rejecting Legalist always teaches, "you do righteousness to be righteous"..

Whereas The Christian understands that "we are made righteous by the Gift of Righteousness".. "Imputed righteousness of God", that is "THE GIFT of Righteousness".

A.) That's SALVATION

Its a "Gift".

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only true connection a human can have to the Living God is to be "BORN AGAIN", by the Spirit of God.
This is the restoration of spiritual union with God.

Or as Jesus told you... "you must be born again".......and that's not by water.

Go here :

For us to be accepted by God we have to become as righteous as God.

Q.) How can that happen when "all have sinned"< and "all our works are as a filthy rag", and all the Law and commandments can do is DEMAND from us righteousness that we don't have ???

A.). God became one of us to fulfill the LAW which does this.... "Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness for/to everyone who believes".

And then He shed His blood and dies for our sin on The Cross....=""God has made Jesus to BE SIN for Us"", ... as """"the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for Sin""".

End result?

Our sin is forgiven, and the LAW has no more dominion over Us, so it can't ever again define us as a sinner.

God then gives us the New Birth, and we become : "The Righteousness of God, in Christ", as a "New Creation"....= BORN Again, and this is our Eternal Life "in Christ".
It's so funny how dogmatic religionists only ever talk about the first step in a race. It's as if they know they are not running the race. So they defend their first step as if that was the whole race.

Imagine someone going for a job interview and they only fill out the date of birth. As if that was enough to get the job.

The problem with an ideological indoctrination is something called "idée fixe" whereby the human mind latches on to, or fixates, on an idea that throws out any kind of logic or reasoning. Sometimes this kind of obsessive behaviour is mistaken for faith. But it is a psychological disorder.

i·dée fixe
/ēˌdā ˈfēks/
an idea or desire that dominates the mind; an obsession.
"I believe we need to challenge the idée fixe that only the appearance of youth is valuable"

Similar:
obsession, fixation

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's so funny how dogmatic religionists

I just showed you Paul's Doctrine of Soteriology.

You believe it to be "dogmatic religionists".

Paul says this about your posted (Legalism) belief system.. @Episkopos
-
-

For the message (Preaching) of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

New Living Translation
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

English Standard Version
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Berean Standard Bible
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Berean Literal Bible
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those indeed perishing, but to us being saved it is the power of God.

King James Bible
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

New King James Version
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

New American Standard Bible
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

NASB 1995
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

NASB 1977
For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Legacy Standard Bible
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's so funny how dogmatic religionists only ever talk about the first step in a race. It's as if they know they are not running the race. So they defend their first step as if that was the whole race.

Imagine someone going for a job interview and they only fill out the date of birth. As if that was enough to get the job.

The problem with an ideological indoctrination is something called "idée fixe" whereby the human mind latches on to, or fixates, on an idea that throws out any kind of logic or reasoning. Sometimes this kind of obsessive behaviour is mistaken for faith. But it is a psychological disorder.

i·dée fixe
/ēˌdā ˈfēks/
an idea or desire that dominates the mind; an obsession.
"I believe we need to challenge the idée fixe that only the appearance of youth is valuable"

Similar:
obsession, fixation
Its not a race.

your DEAD

your MUST BE BORN AGAIN

if your not born again, YOUR STILL DEAD

if you die in this state, you will be DELIVERED to Christ at the great white throne judgment

if you go there. You will DIE AGAIN (the second death)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just showed you Paul's Doctrine of Soteriology.

You believe it to be "dogmatic religionists".

Paul says this about your posted (Legalism) belief system.. @Episkopos
-
-

For the message (Preaching) of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

New Living Translation
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

English Standard Version
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those indeed perishing, but to us being saved it is the power of God.

King James Bible
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

New King James Version

New American Standard Bible

NASB 1995

NASB 1977
For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Legacy Standard Bible
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Any other step beyond the first step in a race you call legalism. Obedience to God is not legalism. Faithfulness is not legalism. Spouting the same dogmatic mantra over and over IS legalism. Retreating into the recesses of your mind to obsess over religious ideology is not healthy.

The power of God that you know nothing of is the whole purpose of the gospel...being reconciled to God...not just in the religious mind...but in Spirit and truth. You call anything real and eternal...legalism. So you have the upside down disease...where up is down and down is up.

Please say that I am the one who is a :rolleyes: legalist.

:oops:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any other step beyond the first step in a race you call legalism. Obedience to God is not legalism. Faithfulness is not legalism. Spouting the same dogmatic mantra over and over IS legalism. Retreating into the recesses of your mind to obsess over religious ideology is not healthy.

The power of God that you know nothing of is the whole purpose of the gospel...being reconciled to God...not just in the religious mind...but in Spirit and truth. You call anything real and eternal...legalism. So you have the upside down disease...where up is down and down is up.

Please say that I am the one who is a :rolleyes: legalist.

:oops:
Legalism is saying you are born again by your works. or through a "legal" system

that is exactly what those who say there are steps one must take (rules to obey) to be saved.

so yes. You are a legalist.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Any other step beyond the first step in a race you call legalism.

Christianity is not a step you do after you are saved., as in self effort that you wrongly define as "obedience to God"... @Episkopos

Paul says..>"i die daily", and you carnally remodel this teaching as.>"look at all im doing". "me, me, me me......>ME".

Listen, Christianity is to be Joined To God.

That's it.

However.....Discipleship, is what we do, because we have already received the Life of God, proven by being born again.
See, the only singular proof of being a Christian, is to be born again.

Christianity, regarding discipleship, is not you doing it......Its God doing it through us.

Here is what Jesus says to people who are a Christian, but are trying to DO Christianity, as if its a performance based religion.

"Apart from me, you can Do nothing"... Jesus says.

And to be "apart from Jesus", as a believer, is to be trying by self effort, to STRIVE to righteousness and Christ Likeness.

That is exactly the opposite of CHRISTianity. and the Opposite of Paul's Doctrine.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Legalism is saying you are born again by your works. or through a "legal" system

that is exactly what those who say there are steps one must take (rules to obey) to be saved.

so yes. You are a legalist.
Only to a religious ideologue like yourself. IF...big IF....you have in fact received a talent from the Lord, you need to dig it up from whence you buried it.

You don't understand the gospel...or the bible or even my words...

I never said that being born again is by works. I said it was a free sample of grace from the Lord...to see what we do with it.

In most cases people will take what is free and justify themselves with it...going from humility to hubris (I'll let you look up the meaning of those words) ...forgetting that God gives grace to the HUMBLE.

From that gift of initial grace we are to GO TO GOD by faith (not legalism but a relational connection, or reconciliation with God)

A real connection with God requires real faith.

You know deep inside yourself that I speak the truth...but you must lie about my teachings to defend your ego. I get it. You have no choice...or at least no choice that you can perceive...without faith.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only to a religious ideologue like yourself.
Your the one trying to force religion on everyone my friend, Not me..

You do not even know what the word means
IF...big IF....you have in fact received a talent from the Lord, you need to dig it up from whence you buried it.

You don't understand the gospel...or the bible or even my words...

I never said that being born again is by works. I said it was a free sample of grace from the Lord...to see what we do with it.

In most cases people will take what is free and justify themselves with it...going from humility to hubris (I'll let you look up the meaning of those words) ...forgetting that God gives grace to the HUMBLE.

From that gift of initial grace we are to GO TO GOD by faith (not legalism but a relational connection, or reconciliation with God)

A real connection with God requires real faith.

You know deep inside yourself that I speak the truth...but you must lie about my teachings to defend your ego. I get it. You have no choice...or at least no choice that you can perceive...without faith.
see, you can't respond to what I said, Because you know I am right. You just ramble on

Legalism is the name given to those who try to save themselves by their works.. a legalistic system.

the Jews did this and Paul called them fools. and fought them at every turn,, they ended up getting him killed

Jesus fought this,, and again, they had him killed.

If you could fight what we have shared with you, you would. but you can;t so you ramble like this because you have nothing.

Keep trying to earn your salvation.. But remember, God will hold you to a special account since you lead people.. You do not want to be in that position.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

You just taught that Jesus who died for the sin of the world ... John 3:16, .. and this is the GRACE of God..........

You just said that God does this to "see what we will do with it"..

That's theologically insane theology, in my opinion.

As the fact is, God saved us because God wants family, and God wants NOONE in Hell.

You dont seem to be very informed, regarding what is going on down here, @Episkopos.

Here is the Love of God...

God understood that Adam was going to exercise His free will, against God's Word.
And because God made Adam and Eve,... and now its multiplied billions of "fallen Adamic" later.......
God took responsibility, placed the responsibility upon Himself for the situation, and that is Why God came here as a Human, Virgin born, and went to The Cross.

This is God taking responsibility for us all by providing the means so that we can be rescued, redeemed, and restored back to God.

That is the Purpose of the Cross of Christ.