What is New Testament Holiness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The world might well be indifferent to righteousness. But the church in our time is indifferent to holiness. The wrath of God is meant for those who are indifferent to Jesus Christ....both in the world and the church. Each bears a responsibility according to the level of their calling.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

The Wrath of God is and was only for the nation of Israel.

When God divorced them, in 70AD.

People have the choice to walk and live a holy life that pure and full of life, and some people may not be so close to God but they have faith and they live the way they choose.

God is just and can not be mocked
(Galatians 6:6Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word must share in all good things with his instructor. 7 Do not be deceived: God is not to be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.)

What we reap here now spiritually will be a blessing in the afterlife, but if you build on the fleshly here it will just die and it amounts to nothing.

Everything is done in an through the Spirit of Christ, and the Holy Spirit with credit to them for giving us the ability to have attributes that come by the Spirit given.

Reactions: ChristisGod

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world might well be indifferent to righteousness. But the church in our time is indifferent to holiness. The wrath of God is meant for those who are indifferent to Jesus Christ....both in the world and the church. Each bears a responsibility according to the level of their calling.
Actually, the wrath of God is for the sons and daughters of disobedience.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What is New Testament Holiness?​

I think it's like Swiss cheese; tastes alright but still got plenty of holes in it.

• Haha
Reactions: BarneyFife

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, the wrath of God is for the sons and daughters of disobedience.
It begs the question, is God wrathful towards the sons and daughters of disobedience or kindly disposed towards them?
I suppose God's wrath needs to be defined. Do we define it as we would our wrath? Isn't our wrath fundamentally payback?
Is that God's wrath also? If it is, does he switch from kindly disposed (loving sinners to the point of dying for them) to payback when they don't buy his bag of goods? .....and if it isn't, what is it?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrath is stored up anger.

Look up these words

“The last day”
“The great and dreadful day of the Lord”

And wrath was promised 400 tears before Christ came in the book of Malachi. A promise relating only to the jewish nation to become desolated.

Be encouraged to study … as the promise of this wrath would be on the sons and daughters of disobedience (who turned from God to idol worship) - even turning over Jesus to be killed with the crime committed against God.

You can even see in the story before Jesus is taken to be crucifed.

The Jewish people saying “let his blood be on our hands and our childrens hands”, just go and look it up.

Reactions: Lizbeth

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wrath is stored up anger.

Look up these words

“The last day”
“The great and dreadful day of the Lord”

And wrath was promised 400 tears before Christ came in the book of Malachi. A promise relating only to the jewish nation to become desolated.

Be encouraged to study … as the promise of this wrath would be on the sons and daughters of disobedience (who turned from God to idol worship) - even turning over Jesus to be killed with the crime committed against God.

You can even see in the story before Jesus is taken to be crucifed.

The Jewish people saying “let his blood be on our hands and our childrens hands”, just go and look it up.
Have you read how Paul defines God's wrath in Romans 1?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only made it halfway through your video so far. because it is so much to take in at one time. I took notes to comment on, and there are several. The comments and what i was thinking along with your video mostly all come from one passage which to me lays out and answers the question for me (imo) pertaining to "what is New Testament Holiness". 2 Corinthians 13:3-11

Since you are seeking for proof of the Christ who speaks in me, (Stands out that they are seeking for proof of Christ who speaks)
and (the Christ who speaks in me) who is not weak toward you, but mighty in (towards)you. (Active to me. Christ speaking through Paul towards them. Along with the warnings also to not ignore Him (the Christ)who speaks not from earth only: but from heaven and earth. An example: the verse on converting of the hearers. They are asking for proof of Him (the Christ) who speaks in Paul. They are the hearers asking for the proof of Him who speaks toward them.)

For indeed He was crucified because of weakness (for what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh), yet He lives by the Power of God. (God sending His son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh. THAT the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit, Christ.) ...it goes on in Romans to speak of they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh, but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Great with your topic of "peace with men" ...for to be carnally minded is death. But to be Spiritually minded is 'Life and peace".

Paul...to me...is going to be an example to them that seek proof of the Christ who speaks in him. Paul does not claim anything of himself in saying he is weak ...but to me Paul is going to show what "New Testament Holiness." In “they that are Spiritual mind the things of the Spirit”; this is shown also in another passage “if you reap the Spiritual things through us.”which is Christ is strong in Paul (who is weak and crucified in Christ) towards them(Christ LIVES), the Power of God mighty(He LIVES) towards them.

"We also are weak in Him, YET we will Live with Him. (Through His Resurrection from the dead in YOU. Another verse; God will present us WITH YOU in His presence. Because of the Power of God directed at you." (to me this is active, the curse was to bring forth sorrow and thorns and Thistle. Paul is "trusting" having "Faith" in the Power of God that THEY bear to do what is right and not what is wrong"

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith. examine yourselves.
Or do you not recognize this about yourselves,
that Jesus Christ is in you--unless you fail the test?
BUT i TRUST you will realize that we do NOT FAIL the test.
Now we pray to GOD that you DO NO WRONG
Not that we may appear approved (BUT that HE Who works Mightily towards you HE may appear Approved; the Power of God.)
For we can do nothing against the truth, but ONLY for The Truth.
For we rejoice when we ourselves are weak (for the Power of God rest upon us)
When you are Strong (Made Strong) in Him.
This we pray also that You be Made Complete in Him.

a few things that stand out is what Paul demonstrates is not an "in vain" faith, or "weak" faith but the Power of God towards them.
how many would sign up if told The Power of God works mighty towards another and that IS to LIVE in and by and through Him. How many would stand before their accusers and being called a reprobate and as one who fails, patiently taking it by and through Faith in the Power of God towards them, towards another? Another thing that stands out is it cannot be something that is faked, because it is by THE Power of God there is Increase given...GOD gives the increase. by and through grace and Faith in Christ, of what is sown. Man can't fake it. He can't bully it. He can't seize or steal it, but it is by patience in God. HIS power works mighty towards another. Whereby and through Christ..."that you bear fruit".

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It begs the question, is God wrathful towards the sons and daughters of disobedience or kindly disposed towards them?
I suppose God's wrath needs to be defined. Do we define it as we would our wrath? Isn't our wrath fundamentally payback?
Is that God's wrath also? If it is, does he switch from kindly disposed (loving sinners to the point of dying for them) to payback when they don't buy his bag of goods? .....and if it isn't, what is it?
Blessings quietthinker. For me personally, I have no wrath or ill will toward others, and this is The Lord's doing. Only He can see both sides of the coin. But I know His wrath is coming, coming on the sons and daughters of disobedience. It is part of my calling to ask Him for mercy in the mist of His wrath. The Lord has said, "vengence is Mine, I will repay" and yet with us, we are to forgive, forgive them all. This is the heart He gives us, but only He is worthy to judge.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings quietthinker. For me personally, I have no wrath or ill will toward others, and this is The Lord's doing. Only He can see both sides of the coin. But I know His wrath is coming, coming on the sons and daughters of disobedience. It is part of my calling to ask Him for mercy in the mist of His wrath. The Lord has said, "vengence is Mine, I will repay" and yet with us, we are to forgive, forgive them all. This is the heart He gives us, but only He is worthy to judge.
Amen!!

"Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy."

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read how Paul defines God's wrath in Romans 1?
Whats the context of the whole letter, Paul wrote to those believing Christians?

Chapter 1 and the last chapter all need to be looked at…

Itherwise you got lost information about transformation.

Again the great and dreadful day of the Lord was coming to jerusalem; it was not meant for gentiles ; they where never Gods chosen nation…

But no i havent read in awhile nor do i believe God takes his wrath out on people today.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You claim to know. I suppose then that's just another broadbrush smear of Christian and non-Christian alike.

Praying for you!

Much love!
A humble person doesn't try to avoid the instructions given to those whom God is trying to warn. God warns ALL people. The humble listen and turn away from unrighteousness. But people will be people. It takes many kinds of people to make up a creation. God will judge people and sort them out.

It is a given that a gift from God doesn't make people exempt from judgment...rather it makes judgment all the more poignant.

Religion causes people to hide away from truth and reality. For now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A humble person doesn't try to avoid the instructions given to those whom God is trying to warn. God warns ALL people. The humble listen and turn away from unrighteousness. But people will be people. It takes many kinds of people to make up a creation. God will judge people and sort them out.

It is a given that a gift from God doesn't make people exempt from judgment...rather it makes judgment all the more poignant.

Religion causes people to hide away from truth and reality. For now.
For the most part I agree with you here, though there needs to be greater clarity. God will judge all for their works, however, those who are made alive in Christ, all the redeemed, these will be spared the final judgment of the lake of fire. Being made alive in Christ IS a gift.

Our lives show the fruit of that gift when we speak fairly and accurately of others.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For the most part I agree with you here, though there needs to be greater clarity. God will judge all for their works, however, those who are made alive in Christ, all the redeemed, these will be spared the final judgment of the lake of fire. Being made alive in Christ IS a gift.

Our lives show the fruit of that gift when we speak fairly and accurately of others.

Much love!
Being spared the fate of the lake of fire...being saved from death...in no way ensures that we will not be rejected by Christ, or else suffer loss on judgment day. There is the destiny of outer darkness to consider. Without holiness we will not live in God's presence. If we also are not humble and God-fearing, then even a place among the saved nations will be barred from us.

Wisdom exceeds folly.