What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such religiosity. Are you not just putting us on with all the psycho-babble you have learned to repeat from your indoctrination?

You are taking real things and then adding on (or putting on) your carnal layer of interpretation to name and claim what you have no idea about.

Your "mind of Christ" is to pretend you are something you are not. Is that what Jesus did? Did He pretend as you do?

....or is the gospel about real power to become as Jesus. As He is so are we in this world. There is no pretend with God.
Specifically the helmet? This is laughable...you mean getting "saved". Your obsession of the carnal outer man with surviving the judgment to come. It's all a mockery of the truth of the bible. And it is popular because it is easy...and people have an innate ability to pretend when it is self-serving.

God is self-less. The mind of Christ is self-less....fully other than what you are espousing.
What is the gospel ?

Could you tell us what it is in your realm ?

Reactions: Behold

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, not at all.

The OT is about The Law of God showing the lawlessness of humanity.

The NT is about the Cross of Christ rescuing Humanity from their sin,

2 Corinthians 5:19

= by forgiving it all so that God will give them the Righteousness that He requires us to have so that by this "gift of righteousness" that is the "gift of Salvation", God can accept us as Sons/Daughters, of God......for Eternity.

Welcome To : SALVATiON

Its a "Gift".
When a person thinks he is righteous or holy. The law can not help them. Not can Jesus. Jesus said the righteous will not seek him. He came for the sinner.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your religiously bent mind you have thrown out both righteousness and holiness. Those are the things that God is looking for. Instead you focus on what you want to hear.
You reject holiness and righteousness by attempting to establish you own.

The way you talk to people shows your true self. You’re like the Pharisee pumping your chest. Telling everyone how holy you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the reader see that epi responded to behold on Saturday. Something that behold said on the 4th which was 4 days earlier. And now as usual he is denying it.
here is the reality if you tell the truth its easy to remember what you say and can stand on that but when you do not tell the truth its difficult to remember what you have said.

moral of the story tell the truth and don't lie.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 4:24 and to put on the new man, which, according to God, was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.

--which begs the question marks--AS holy as God is, presently, the new man--or as a pattern/likeness?
Young's use of "kindness" of the truth, that touches on something I've been looking at with "hosiotes". As I've been studying that word, and being honest, I don't remember all my research, but it seemed to me that it means "holiness with intent", that we are "dedicated use" (holy), and that the use is that we are a benefit to others. Any thoughts on that?

I think another translator used "beneficience".

I think the new man is holy and righteous, but like a seed that grows, or,

Proverbs 4:18 KJV
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

2 Peter 1:19 KJV
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2 Corinthians 4:6 KJV
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Rom 8:29 because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren;

--which begs the question marks--AS holy as God is, presently, the new man--or as a pattern/likeness?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really good questions.

first.

"conformed into the Image of God".....

This is the final conforming......its after death.... its not the walk of faith, the "course", the "present your body a living Sacrifice." we do on earth.

(Pauline Theology) = The ON EARTH conforming that is the walk of taith, that is the working out your salvation, is this end result.

1.) as many as be PERFECT
2.) The fullness of the Stature of Christ.

So, what is pre-destined to happen to a believer in the Rapture or after you die?
They are predestined to be conformed into the image of Christ.

Being born again begins our eternal life as a Son of God......so that's finished.
But..
There is some earthly dynamics related to personal sanctification that has a end result when you do it right, = "perfection" and the "fullness of the Stature of Christ"....... that is the finished earthly believer.
See that?

(Pauline Theology) = But there is another conforming that is also going to happen ,as the "conformed into the IMAGE of Christ'. not the likeness, or the "i no longer live but its Christ that lives in me"...... not that.
But this conforming is after death or during the Rapture, into the IMAGE of Christ and that is a final and heavenly reveal of the born again, when you get your new Body.

What Calvin did was jam all this together, as one (predestined) , while also denying that its available to everyone as : John 3:16 and John 12:32.

Calvin just as the Catholic Jerome.....were 2 incredibly bad "theologians".
Both of them read the Text like library books and both of them have harmed billions of believers, for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Young's use of "kindness" of the truth, that touches on something I've been looking at with "hosiotes". As I've been studying that word, and being honest, I don't remember all my research, but it seemed to me that it means "holiness with intent", that we are "dedicated use" (holy), and that the use is that we are a benefit to others. Any thoughts on that?
Holiness (3742)(hosiotes from hósios = devout, used for the careful discharge of one’s duties to God) is a noun that describes holiness of life, "a disposition that acts out of regard for the moral law of God" (Friberg), the "state of proper attitude toward God as exhibited in action" (BDAG), "piety toward God, fidelity in observing the obligations of piety." (Thayer), "Holiness manifesting itself in the discharge of pious duties in religious and social life. Hosiótēs is related more to the keeping of the ordinances than the character of life." (Zodhiates)

Ralph Earle on hosiotes - Olshausen writes: "Dikaiosune denotes the right relation inwardly between the powers of the soul, outwardly to men and circumstances." He further states: "On the other hand, hosiotes denotes ... integrity of the spiritual life, and the piety towards God which it sup-poses" (5:118-19). The word hosiotes occurs in only one other passage in the NT, Luke 1:75. There it is also connected with dikaiosune, only in the opposite order. The basic meaning of the word is "piety." (Word Meanings in the NT) Cremer describes hosiotes as "holiness manifesting itself in the discharge of pious duties...it denotes the spirit and conduct of one who is joined in fellowship with God."

The only other NT use of hosiotes is by Paul in Ephesians 4:24+ "and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth." This passage describes the new nature of all believers in Christ who have been re-created in righteousness and holiness for the same purpose - that they might walk daily (enabled by the Spirit) in a manner which is in keeping with holiness and righteousness. Stated another way, what we have be created to be on the inside (new character) should show itself on the outside (new conduct), something that is only possible as we are daily filled with and empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Hosiotes is used 4x in the Septuagint - Dt 9:5 ("uprightness of your heart), 1 Sa 14:41, 1 Ki 9:4 (describing Solomon - " if you will walk before Me as your father David walked, in integrity [Lxx = hosiotes] of heart and uprightness")

https://www.preceptaustin.org/luke-...ople of God.-,Holiness (3742,-)(hosiotes from

Give me some directives where to look @marks and you and I both can benefit from this study--here are some links and hosiotes from hósios is used only 2x

6:51 PM Johann.

• Love
Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Really good questions.

first.

"conformed into the Image of God".....

This is the final conforming......its after death.... its not the walk of faith, the "course", the "present your body a living Sacrifice." we do on earth.

(Pauline Theology) = The ON EARTH conforming that is the walk of taith, that is the working out your salvation, is this end result.

1.) as many as be PERFECT
2.) The fullness of the Stature of Christ.

So, what is pre-destined to happen to a believer in the Rapture or after you die?
They are predestined to be conformed into the image of Christ.

Being born again begins our eternal life as a Son of God......so that's finished.
But..
There is some earthly dynamics related to personal sanctification that has a end result when you do it right, = "perfection" and the "fullness of the Stature of Christ"....... that is the finished earthly believer.
See that?

(Pauline Theology) = But there is another conforming that is also going to happen ,as the "conformed into the IMAGE of Christ'. not the likeness, or the "i no longer live but its Christ that lives in me"...... not that.
But this conforming is after death or during the Rapture, into the IMAGE of Christ and that is a final and heavenly reveal of the born again, when you get your new Body.

What Calvin did was jam all this together, as one (predestined) , while also denying that its available to everyone as : John 3:16 and John 12:32.

Calvin just as the Catholic Jerome.....were 2 incredibly bad "theologians".
Both of them read the Text like library books and both of them have harmed billions of believers, for life.
I really appreciate your input @Behold and you make some good points.
J.

Reactions: ChristisGod