What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, at least i have a mind that you would consider "bent".
I can't say the same for you, one way or the other, Episkopos.

Now realize...

God is looking for Faith, so that He can give "the Gift of Righteousness" to "all who have sinned"., as "The Gift of Salvation".
This is God, taking a. "all have sinned".... Sinner and INSTANTLY making them as Righteous as "Christ Righteousness", based on the "imputed righteousness of God". = Born again.
There is no other righteousness, and there is no other way for a person to become righteous.
Exactly. When we believe with all our hearts...God comes to us and translates us into a kingdom realm to walk as Jesus walked. This is realer than real. The best kept secret in the world. That is my personal testimony...not just something I read about.
The CROSS of Christ is the only WAY there.

Yes. As WE are crucified in the outer man the inner man is freed to join Him WHERE He is. He came to set the captives free.
You dont have any righteousness, unless God gives you His = "The Gift of Righteousness".

This is false. God loves the righteous. What He hates are those who throw away the righteousness of the righteous. You better watch out.

For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance
For you, episkopos.........To continue to teach that your silly self effort to be good, is "righteousness" = continues to Insult the Cross of Christ, which is God's righteousness, who is Christ on The Cross.

Wrong again. I teach a supernatural walk in Zion by grace through faith. Everything you speak of is make believe...imagination...based on your outer man wanting to be "saved."
If you ever understand this, then you'll see the LIGHT..... and i dont think that is going to happen, as your devout Calvinism carnally rots the understanding of Jesus's Truth, .. that IS>....= "the finished work of JESUS on the Cross " as "The Gift of Righteousness.
...given to those who have the faith to walk in the kingdom realm of the Spirit. Read the bible...but take your religious blinders off. Go to the cross.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is false. God loves the righteous.

God loves the righteous, but because "God is Love" He "Gave Jesus to the WORLD".... John 3:16

The world is not righteous, the world is the people who are "all have sinned", But God so loved them, that He Gave His Son to them On The Cross.

Why?
Because God loves us all, equally, and we are all equally unrighteous.

So, that is the problem that God had to solve.
The problem was...."How can I, Holy God, have Eternally restored Spiritual relationship with fallen sinful man". "How"?

God became one of us to save all of us.... 1 Timothy 3:16. by dying for our sins, and giving us His own Righteousness. "The Gift of Righteousness". "The Gift of Salvation".

Here is how He did it.
-

King James Bible
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

New King James Version
that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

American Standard Version
to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Berean Study Bible
that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For God indeed was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not imputing to them their sins; and he hath placed in us the word of reconciliation.

English Revised Version
to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

World English Bible
namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses, and having committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Young's Literal Translation
how that God was in Christ -- a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God loves the righteous, but because "God is Love" He "Gave Jesus to the WORLD".... John 3:16

The world is not righteous, the world is the people who are "all have sinned", But God so loved them, that He Gave His Son to them On The Cross.

Why?
Because God loves us all, equally, and we are all equally unrighteous.

So, that is the problem that God had to solve.
The problem was...."How can I, Holy God, have Eternally restored Spiritual relationship with fallen sinful man". "How"?

God became one of us to save all of us.... 1 Timothy 3:16. by dying for our sins, and giving us His own Righteousness. "The Gift of Righteousness". "The Gift of Salvation".

Here is how He did it.
-

King James Bible
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

New King James Version
that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

American Standard Version

Berean Study Bible
that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For God indeed was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not imputing to them their sins; and he hath placed in us the word of reconciliation.

English Revised Version

World English Bible
namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses, and having committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Young's Literal Translation
how that God was in Christ -- a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,
This thread is NOT meant for propping up religious mantras...it's about revival. Maybe you have read about one?

I invite people to share their experience with the living God. Not interested in religious bents here. :backtop:

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This thread is NOT meant for propping up religious mantras...it's about revival. Maybe you have read about one?I invite people to share their experience with the living God. Not interested in religious bents here. :backtop:

You contacted me today, Episkopos.

You wrote falsely, that.. i "threw out righteousness".....ect.
So, i simply responded to your inability to understand the difference between self righteousness, and God's "Gift of Righteousness".

Salvation is not Calvinism.
Christianity is not Calvinism.
Calvinism is not "revival".
God , nor Jesus, is a Calvinist.

Revival: is "revive us oh Lord".
Revival: is " If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven""""
Revival : is a powerful heavenly "riches in Glory" = move of God in the heart of a few, that/which inspires the heart of many into a spiritual revival.

Every read about : St Francis. ?

He was a walking revival.
He would go walking into the next "country side" some little village, and get there in the morning when people were getting up.
He'd go to the center of the Village, and start singing praise songs to God.
2 hrs later, the entire Village is doing it, and the animals are all flocked around St Francis, ......ALL are "caught up" in the Wonder of God.

That's REVIVAL.

Its a REAL "move of God" among us, that moves us to want more of God.= most of all.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contacted me today, Episkopos.

You wrote falsely, that.. i "threw out righteousness".....ect.
So, i simply responded to your inability to understand the difference between self righteousness, and God's "Gift of Righteousness".

Salvation is not Calvinism.
Christianity is not Calvinism.
Calvinism is not "revival".
God , nor Jesus, is a Calvinist.

Revival: is "revive us oh Lord".
Revival: is " If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven""""
Revival : is a powerful heavenly "riches in Glory" = move of God in the heart of a few, that/which inspires the heart of many into a spiritual revival.

Every read about : St Francis. ?

He was a walking revival.
He would go walking into the next "country side" some little village, and get there in the morning when people were getting up.
He'd go to the center of the Village, and start singing praise songs to God.
2 hrs later, the entire Village is doing it, and the animals are all flocked around St Francis, ......ALL are "caught up" in the Wonder of God.

That's REVIVAL.

Its a REAL "move of God" among us, that moves us to want more of God.= most of all.
We believe you and not him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No I didn't. You came here to troll my thread.

Yes you did.
You came here TODAY, and contacted me, concerning a post that i wrote to you 5 days ago, fella, because you wanted me to bump your Thread and see if it will get some action

Let the readers see if that is true, as if they listen to you, you'll just not tell them the truth again.

Check out St. Francis. He's quite a Trophy of God's Grace.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes you did.
You came here TODAY, and contacted me, concerning a post that i wrote to you 5 days ago, fella.

Let the readers see if that is true, as if they listen to you, you'll just not tell them the truth again.

You are the last person I want to talk to. I am responding to posts on this thread which is about revival. I have to clean up the thread when people post religious nonsense. You coming here to troll is not my idea of a mature conversation... by any means.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you did.
You came here TODAY, and contacted me, concerning a post that i wrote to you 5 days ago, fella.

and we know that liars will not inherit the kingdom/eternal life.

Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Proverbs 6
These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Reactions: Behold

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the last person I want to talk to. I am responding to posts on this thread which is about revival. I have to clean up the thread when people post religious nonsense. You coming here to troll is not my idea of a mature conversation... by any means.
You have lost all credibility, no one believes your false accusations. REPENT with sackcloth and ashes.!

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are the last person I want to talk to.

If i am that person, then why did you post to me TODAY, regarding a 5 day old post of mine?
One thing i can say about you, is that you are remarkably inconsistent, as your post just described.

Listen, im fine if you dont post to me. Im good.
But, if you post to the members, something else that isn't sound doctrine, as defined by Paul's Doctrine... and i see it, then, for their sake, i'll post to you......As you've noted, and as they realize.

So, if you want to post to me again, that's fine, or you can do what you say, instead.... which, could be your best way out.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares what you think. You are flooding my threads with nonsense to get the last word. Repent and GO to the cross,
NEWSFLASH ALERT !

these are not your threads, they are christian forums threads- you are nothing but a guest and participant- the threads are theirs, not yours. You are letting your EGO/PRIDE get in the way. The threads are not your property.

I run a Christian forum as well so I know how this works.

next.........

hope this helps !!!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello Episkopos, Great post, And how are you all? Good question,

What Is Revival?​

When God’s power is unleashed in and through ordinary people, it awakens the hunger for God in others. This stems from a heart so filled with love for Christ, we’re able to respond with ever-progressing honesty, “For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain” Philippians 1:21

What did Jesus say about Revival?

In His parable of the mustard seed, Jesus demonstrated that the most powerful revivals begin not in a sanctuary or tented pavilion but in a quietly bowed heart that yields completely to God within. Our role is to seek, listen, and respond. The Holy Spirit’s role is to ignite, guide, teach, strengthen, and to grow. Just as Jesus had predicted in Matthew 13.

Love, Walter and Debbie
We "miss" the scale?--meaning guitar scale? Pentatonic--high resolution, low resolution--guitar scales?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have expected the Genitive Case here--as holy as God--so why the Dative?
Would the Dative be towards the result of the creation of the new man?

I told you I'd have a question eventially!

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Would the Dative be towards the result of the creation of the new man?

I told you I'd have a question eventially!

Much love!
having been created ἐν en|G1722|Prep|in δικαιοσύνῃ dikaiosynē--when did this "having been created occur?"

Verb - Aorist Participle Passive - Accusative Masculine Singular, right?
is = was (Aor.)

created. Greek. ktizo. See Eph_2:10.
Eph 2:10 for of Him we are workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God did before prepare, that in them we may walk.

righteousness . . . holiness = true holiness and righteousness. Contrast Adam, Gen_1:27.

righteousness.

true. Literally of the truth. Greek. alstheia, as Eph_4:21.

holiness. Greek. hosiotes. Only here, and Luk_1:75.
Luk 1:72 So He shows mercy to our fathers and remembers His holy covenant,
Luk 1:73 the vow which He swore to Abraham our father, to grant us—
Luk 1:74 rescued fearlessly from the hand of our enemies—to serve Him,
Luk 1:75 in holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.

holiness. Toward God. righteousness. Toward men. Compare 1Th_2:10. Eph_4:24.

Put on (endusasthai). First aorist middle infinitive of enduō (̇nō), for which see note on Col_3:10.

Col 3:10 and having put on the new, which is renewed in regard to knowledge, after the image of Him who did create him;

Eph 2:15 the enmity in his flesh, the law of the commands in ordinances having done away, that the two he might create in himself into one new man, making peace,

The new man (ton kainon anthrōpon). “The brand-new (see note on Eph_2:15) man,” though ton neon in Col_3:10.

After God (kata theon). After the pattern God, the new birth, the new life in Christ, destined to be like God in the end (Rom_8:29).

Rom 8:29 because whom He did foreknow, He also did fore-appoint, conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be first-born among many brethren;
Rom 8:30 and whom He did fore-appoint, these also He did call; and whom He did call, these also He declared righteous; and whom He declared righteous, these also He did glorify.

I know you would understand the "gobly-gook"--interestingly--the YLT have this--

Eph 4:24 and to put on the new man, which, according to God, was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.

--which begs the question marks--AS holy as God is, presently, the new man--or as a pattern/likeness?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am no scholar and might disappoint you brother.
Shalom to you and family 6:10 PM

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Col 3:10 and having put on the new, which is renewed in regard to knowledge,

That "knowledge" is the Knowledge of God.
In other words its to PUT ON,.... "renew your mind" so that the revelation knowledge you have, is God's Knowledge.

This is the "mind of Christ".

In other words.....God sees the born again, according to how HE sees us. And we are to see ourselves, as God sees us.
This is the "right mind"" the "renewed mind", the "having put on the NEW"....... in "regards to Knowledge".

God looks at the born again SPIRITUALLY. = Born again.

That is who we are become to God...."born again". "made righteous"....."one with God'. "In Christ"

And that is the Knowledge we have to "put on". Why? Because its the Armor of God., specifically the HELMET.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That "knowledge" is the Knowledge of God.
In other words its to PUT ON,.... "renew your mind" so that the revelation knowledge you have, is God's Knowledge.

This is the "mind of Christ".

In other words.....God sees the born again, according to how HE sees us. And we are to see ourselves, as God sees us.
This is the "right mind"" the "renewed mind", the "having put on the NEW"....... in "regards to Knowledge".

God looks at the born again SPIRITUALLY. = Born again.

That is who we are become to God...."born again". "made righteous"....."one with God'. "In Christ"

And that is the Knowledge we have to "put on". Why? Because its the Armor of God., specifically the HELMET.
Such religiosity. Are you not just putting us on with all the psycho-babble you have learned to repeat from your indoctrination?

You are taking real things and then adding on (or putting on) your carnal layer of interpretation to name and claim what you have no idea about.

Your "mind of Christ" is to pretend you are something you are not. Is that what Jesus did? Did He pretend as you do?

....or is the gospel about real power to become as Jesus. As He is so are we in this world. There is no pretend with God.
Specifically the helmet? This is laughable...you mean getting "saved". Your obsession of the carnal outer man with surviving the judgment to come. It's all a mockery of the truth of the bible. And it is popular because it is easy...and people have an innate ability to pretend when it is self-serving.

God is self-less. The mind of Christ is self-less....fully other than what you are espousing.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Such religiosity. Are you not just putting us on with all the psycho-babble you have learned to repeat from your indoctrination?
Your "mind of Christ" is to pretend you are something you are not. Is that what Jesus did? Did He pretend as you do?

You told me you were not "Interested" in talking to me.

I dont mind if you talk to me.
In fact, You have my permission to change your mind as much as you need to do it.

Listen, Episkopos..

What real believers understand is..... that God came here, and died on the Cross, so that by this death, = we are "made righteous".
Had God not given us His "Gift of Righteousness" then we would not be righteous, and God could not have fellowship with us.

1st Adam lost our Righteousness, and 2nd Adam (Jesus) gained it back for us... "in Christ".

ALL The born again have become "The righteousness OF GOD......In Christ".

Last edited: