What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was saved in a revival, didn't have a clue about the Bible but only knew I had been redeemed from sin. I was 21 yrs old. I really didn't establish a close RELATIONSHIP with Christ until the whole world came crashing around me. That was 13 years ago. It is so important to gather with the Church to read and understand God's word, ask questions to learn about our gracious Lord.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets,with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Ephesians 3:5
which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.

The church has been ( PAST ) built upon the FOUNDATION of both the Apostles and Prophets. The foundation has been laid and completed. There are no more Apostles and Prophets bringing new Revelations from God by Miracles, signs and wonders predicting the future and speaking for God today. Those functions have ceased with the passing of John the last Prophet and Apostle who gave us the book of prophecy- the Revelations.

Are there true prophets today? If the purpose of a prophet was to reveal truth from God, why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible? If prophets were the “foundation” of the early church, are we still building the “foundation” today? Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely! But is this the biblical gift of prophecy? No.

Do not be fooled by anyone claiming to be an Apostle or Prophet sent by God. You know immediately they are false prophets and apostles. Paul, Peter, Jude and John warn us about all of the false apostles and prophets who would come after them to deceive many.

hope this helps !!!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets,with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.

The church has been ( PAST ) built upon the FOUNDATION of both the Apostles and Prophets. The foundation has been laid and completed. There are no more Apostles and Prophets bringing new Revelations from God by Miracles, signs and wonders predicting the future and speaking for God today. Those functions have ceased with the passing of John the last Prophet and Apostle who gave us the book of prophecy- the Revelations.

Are there true prophets today? If the purpose of a prophet was to reveal truth from God, why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible? If prophets were the “foundation” of the early church, are we still building the “foundation” today? Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely! But is this the biblical gift of prophecy? No.

Do not be fooled by anyone claiming to be an Apostle or Prophet sent by God. You know immediately they are false prophets and apostles. Paul, Peter, Jude and John warn us about all of the false apostles and prophets who would come after them to deceive many.

hope this helps !!!
*** NOTE *** - i am not commenting on the video and i did not watch the video

Study Acts and 1 Corinthians

There is a difference between the OT Prophets and the "gift of prophecy" that was poured out on Pentecost.

You are correct in this = the Scripture was completed with Revelation = there is no more 'new' revelation to be written/spoken

Keep in mind that the Holy Spirit directed and Authored the Scriptures = 2 Peter 1:16-21

Today, anyone who proclaims that Jesus came in the flesh, walked sinless, died for our sins, rose from the dead and is Coming Again is prophesying.

New Testament preaching is prophesying. 1 Corinthians denotes that the gift of prophecy in the Body of Christ is for encouragment

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."

"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification."

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*** NOTE *** - i am not commenting on the video and i did not watch the video

Study Acts and 1 Corinthians

There is a difference between the OT Prophets and the "gift of prophecy" that was poured out on Pentecost.

You are correct in this = the Scripture was completed with Revelation = there is no more 'new' revelation to be written/spoken

Keep in mind that the Holy Spirit directed and Authored the Scriptures = 2 Peter 1:16-21

Today, anyone who proclaims that Jesus came in the flesh, walked sinless, died for our sins, rose from the dead and is Coming Again is prophesying.

New Testament preaching is prophesying. 1 Corinthians denotes that the gift of prophecy in the Body of Christ is for encouragment

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."

"Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification."
I’m talking about the office of a prophet just like the office of an Apostle. Those offices in the church no longer exist . They ended with the death of John on he island of Patmos. Prophecy in the way you are explaining it I agree but it’s not new revelation.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m talking about the office of a prophet just like the office of an Apostle. Those offices in the church no longer exist . They ended with the death of John on he island of Patmos. Prophecy in the way you are explaining it I agree but it’s not new revelation.
Correct

Reactions: ChristisGod

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I’m glad we talked our way through this, Amen. This medium sometimes takes several exchanges to understand a person unlike a real life face to face conversation.
The BEST medium is FISHING

"JESUS says = I will make you fishers of men"

Salmon/Trout fishing remains a GIFT for Today as well..........

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

hope this helps !!!
Complete unbelief. The church is built (not, WAS built) on the foundation of the apostles and prophets...and continues to be built that way.

You are relegating a living church to the past so you can live in a dead church today. That's because you don't believe what God is doing. You don't believe the bible. And you are reprobate for every good work. So you are indeed mentioned in the bible...but not as a good example. Stop using unbelief to manufacture a man-made doctrine that rejects Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In your humanly manufactured church they don't exist because you are collectively spiritually dead. But in a place where God is honoured and the bible is taken as fact...there are indeed apostles and prophets who have known the Lord in the same way as we read in the bible.
A living connection with God...and not just a human connection to a bible...brings church life...a living church. When there is the faith OF Christ we see constant miracles as God moves through His people. It looks like constant revival. A revival cannot be sustained unless there is a flow of life from heaven THROUGH the conduits of apostles and prophets.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany @Episkopos @David in NJ

ALL WE need to do here is submit ourselves to the WORD and put away from ourselves the 'pointing of the finger'.

With the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, as our Guide we can and will agree on "It is written" for our benefit and for His Glory to REST upon us.

As Brother Christophany said: "we are not face to face" in conversation, therefore we must take time to express without grumbling

"Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! "

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your humanly manufactured church they don't exist because you are collectively spiritually dead. But in a place where God is honoured and the bible is taken as fact...there are indeed apostles and prophets who have known the Lord in the same way as we read in the bible.
A living connection with God...and not just a human connection to a bible...brings church life...a living church. When there is the faith OF Christ we see constant miracles as God moves through His people. It looks like constant revival. A revival cannot be sustained unless there is a flow of life from heaven THROUGH the conduits of apostles and prophets.
The Apostles/Prophets died when John died. He was the last of the Apostles/Prophets. There are no ore office's called Apostles/Prophets.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Keturah

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christophany @Episkopos @David in NJ

ALL WE need to do here is submit ourselves to the WORD and put away from ourselves the 'pointing of the finger'.

With the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, as our Guide we can and will agree on "It is written" for our benefit and for His Glory to REST upon us.

As Brother Christophany said: "we are not face to face" in conversation, therefore we must take time to express without grumbling

"Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! "
Amen !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Complete unbelief. The church is built (not, WAS built) on the foundation of the apostles and prophets...and continues to be built that way.

You are relegating a living church to the past so you can live in a dead church today. That's because you don't believe what God is doing. You don't believe the bible. And you are reprobate for every good work. So you are indeed mentioned in the bible...but not as a good example. Stop using unbelief to manufacture a man-made doctrine that rejects Christ.
PAST TENSE- the churches foundation has been laid as in the past by the Apostles and Prophets.

You would have us believing the foundation of the church is still being laid.

Do you understand construction ?

Do you know what a foundation is for a building ?

Do you know what comes first ?

Do you know what comes after ?

Do you know what the purpose and function is for a foundation ?

You would have us believe Christ below is not our foundation for believers and that the foundation is still being built.

1 Corinthians 3:10-11
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

This is a reference to the prophecy in Isaiah 28:16, which is quoted and applied to Christ in 1 Peter 2:6. See also Ephesians 2:20, and Psalm 118:22, quoted and applied to Himself by Christ in Matthew 21:42.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PAST TENSE- the churches foundation has been laid as in the past by the Apostles and Prophets.

You would have us believing the foundation of the church is still being laid.

Do you understand construction ?

Do you know what a foundation is for a building ?

Do you know what comes first ?

Do you know what comes after ?

Do you know what the purpose and function is for a foundation ?

You would have us believe Christ below is not our foundation for believers and that the foundation is still being built.

1 Corinthians 3:10-11
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

This is a reference to the prophecy in Isaiah 28:16, which is quoted and applied to Christ in 1 Peter 2:6. See also Ephesians 2:20, and Psalm 118:22, quoted and applied to Himself by Christ in Matthew 21:42.

hope this helps !!!
1 Corinthians is the perfect Scripture and Application for us on this very subject.

"And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?" - 1Cor 3:1-4

Let us RISE above being mere men!

Reactions: ChristisGod

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles/Prophets died when John died. He was the last of the Apostles/Prophets. There are no ore office's called Apostles/Prophets.

hope this helps !!!
The Apostles and Prophets have gone on to be with the LORD but the Holy Spirit never left.

“It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Are the Apostles here on earth to preach the Gospel to the end of the earth???

They are not here but the we have even BETTER = the Holy Spirit

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you."

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Apostles and Prophets have gone on to be with the LORD but the Holy Spirit never left.

Those servants have...but God is still here and the Spirit still speaks through His servants the prophets. Don't be like the seccesionist dividers who think the Holy Spirit is trapped in a book.
“It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Are the Apostles here on earth to preach the Gospel to the end of the earth???

They are not here but the we have even BETTER = the Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit speaks through flesh and blood people. Read the bible.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Old Testament is about righteousness, and the New Testament is about holiness.

Actually, not at all.

The OT is about The Law of God showing the lawlessness of humanity.

The NT is about the Cross of Christ rescuing Humanity from their sin,

2 Corinthians 5:19

= by forgiving it all so that God will give them the Righteousness that He requires us to have so that by this "gift of righteousness" that is the "gift of Salvation", God can accept us as Sons/Daughters, of God......for Eternity.

Welcome To : SALVATiON

Its a "Gift".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, not at all.

The OT is about The Law of God showing the lawlessness of humanity.

The NT is about the Cross of Christ rescuing Humanity from their sin,

2 Corinthians 5:19

= by forgiving it all so that God will give them the Righteousness that He requires us to have so that by this "gift of righteousness" that is the "gift of Salvation", God can accept us as Sons/Daughters, of God......for Eternity.

Welcome To : SALVATiON

Its a "Gift".
In your religiously bent mind you have thrown out both righteousness and holiness. Those are the things that God is looking for. Instead you focus on what you want to hear.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In your religiously bent mind you have thrown out both righteousness and holiness. Those are the things that God is looking for. Instead you focus on what you want to hear.

Well, at least i have a mind that you would consider "bent".
I can't say the same for you, one way or the other, Episkopos.

Now realize...

God is looking for Faith, so that He can give "the Gift of Righteousness" to "all who have sinned"., as "The Gift of Salvation".
This is God, taking a. "all have sinned".... Sinner and INSTANTLY making them as Righteous as "Christ Righteousness", based on the "imputed righteousness of God". = Born again.
There is no other righteousness, and there is no other way for a person to become righteous.

The CROSS of Christ is the only WAY there.

You dont have any righteousness, unless God gives you His = "The Gift of Righteousness".

For you, episkopos.........To continue to teach that your silly self effort to be good, is "righteousness" = continues to Insult the Cross of Christ, which is God's righteousness, who is Christ on The Cross.

If you ever understand this, then you'll see the LIGHT..... and i dont think that is going to happen, as your devout Calvinism carnally rots the understanding of Jesus's Truth, .. that IS>....= "the finished work of JESUS on the Cross " as "The Gift of Righteousness."""