What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. I have no problem with studying things out, I often look up the Greek or Hebrew words and definitions and check biblical usage of words to try and get a sense of what is being conveyed. I only meant that sometimes my brain isn't always up to certain tasks, especially post-change-of-life. Without scholarship believers wouldn't have any translations at all in our own languages.
Without GOD we would not have had true translations .
GOD knows how to convey the truth through all languages . now to the trenches its all out war for the souls of men .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats nice but I'm not a Jew in the OT. I'm a gentile under the New Covenant. Thanks for the verses.
***** IMPORTANT = i did not watch the video and am not commenting on it.

Holy Spirit revival is unique and is seen in Acts.

It begins inside us, as you stated - God is in us if we are in Christ.

This is only the beginning of revival = being Born Again.

Holy Spirit Revival is all about the move of the Holy Spirit of Truth that only bears witness to Truth.

Acts 4:25-31
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Religion counterfeits the Holy Spirit and always resists the Holy Spirit = Acts 7:48-51

“However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
Has My hand not made all these things?’
You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit;

We all need Holy Spirit Revival for what lies ahead of us and is about to be unleashed upon the world = Revelation ch12

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen. I have no problem with studying things out, I often look up the Greek or Hebrew words and definitions and check biblical usage of words to try and get a sense of what is being conveyed. I only meant that sometimes my brain isn't always up to certain tasks, especially post-change-of-life. Without scholarship believers wouldn't have any translations at all in our own languages.
That is why I have diverse hermeneutical commentaries--entering the works of others labors and not to be sneezed at, which some are doing and we have been given discernment to discern error from truth.
Thank you for your contribution and keep up the good work.
Shalom
J.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I have diverse hermeneutical commentaries--entering the works of others labors and not to be sneezed at, which some are doing and we have been given discernment to discern error from truth.
Thank you for your contribution and keep up the good work.
Shalom
J.
Nothing to sneeze at for it is a great blessing and God watches over it.

Truth and Understanding in the Scriptures requires thorough study but is not limited to intellectual achievement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lizbeth and Johann

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How so? How did it shift? How did the outer man get his cravings met? How could it have been done better? Real prophets???!
From my observation, a lot of it the benefit of hindsight which they say is 20/20, in a nutshell uncrucified flesh and immaturity got in the way. I'm going to ask and wait on the Lord to see what details I should get into or not.

I don't know about prophets per se, but certainly the more mature the leadership is anywhere the better. It's not just about gifting, but there needs to be maturity as well as sound doctrine to go along with the gifting.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5
Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV
10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 KJV
12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Reward, or ashes.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
Agreed, this is nothing to make light of, regardless of our views on other things.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV
10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 KJV
12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Reward, or ashes.

Much love!
Yep

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, this is nothing to make light of, regardless of our views on other things.

Much love!
He is claiming the unbeliever does not face judgement or wrath , no consequence in the afterlife . I challenged him and he ignored it as usual . Every question I ask is avoided .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother.
We love Truth and will Dig for it as for Gold or as for a only Cure or as for when a young man seeks after a wife.

Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We love Truth and will Dig for it as for Gold or as for a only Cure or as for when a young man seeks after a wife.

Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself
Lewis believed that an education must be rooted in holiness. Lewis warns us, “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man into a clever devil.” I believe a child will have more success by submitting to Jesus, than seeking entrance to the most prestigious schools.

I believe Lewis said it well @David in NJ
J.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From my observation, a lot of it the benefit of hindsight which they say is 20/20, in a nutshell uncrucified flesh and immaturity got in the way.

Amen! That's always what happens. And there is spiritual tomfoolery at work as demons come in to molly-coddle the flesh....as in...."thus saith the Lord to the Bride...I love you I love you.+ etc etc... God is love but He is not love-starved. People are loved starved. So the evil forces use clever words to seduce people...seducing spirits that cement in uncrucified people into a firmer self-love.

Self-love destroys the gospel. God is self-less.
I'm going to ask and wait on the Lord to see what details I should get into or not.

That's fine. Look for self affirmation...from false prophecies to visions from the netherworld.
I don't know about prophets per se, but certainly the more mature the leadership is anywhere the better.

The problem is that what KIND of maturity are we talking about? A "mature" Cessationist? We had better stick with the gifts of the Spirit. Only God has the kind of "maturity" to see through what can fool even the very elect.
It's not just about gifting, but there needs to be maturity as well as sound doctrine to go along with the gifting.
A maturity IN the gifting. We will never get to the full stature of Christ by just maturing in whatever. We need the gifts to grow into a SPIRITUAL and eternal character like Jesus has.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival is unbelievers being converted. Stop diverting with your unbiblical ideas.
You seem blissfully ignorant of the genesis of true mass revivals. They all begin with extraordinary prayer vigils. To fully grasp what that means, there is no substitute for studying the lives of the agents of true revival, revival more spectacular in scope than anything experienced in the early church, including the day of Pentecost. That means you must study the lives of the central figures of the greatest revivals. Evan Roberts for the Welsh revival, William Seymour for the Azusa Street revival, and the small band of intercessors that sparked the great Hebrides revival (especially the octogenarian elderly Smith sisters. But then why am I confident that you and your ilk don't want more of God enough to learn from God's most effective intercessors?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival is unbelievers being converted. Stop diverting with your unbiblical ideas.
TRUE and MORE

Revival is God pouring out His Spirit upon believers First so that they are filled/empowered by the Holy Spirit to preach Living Words.

These Living Words coming from the Holy Spirit thru the Beliver and goes out into the world.

Acts shows us the clear picture of God's Revival.

Scripture i have posted below could only of occured by Revival thru the Holy Spirit which God poured out on Pentecost.

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, lifted up his voice, and addressed the crowd: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen carefully to my words. These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It is only the third hour of the day!
No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out My Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on My menservants and maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness,
and the moon to blood,
before the coming of the great and glorious Day of the Lord.
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These lectures on the Welsh and Hebrides revivals will change your life, if indeed you want more of God in your life.
But alas, most posters hear don't want spiritual transformation; they just want to talk about transformation.

The first lecture discusses the thrilling life of Evan Roberts, the prayer warrior whose life sparked the Welsh revival of 1904-06, which soon expanded into a global revival:

In the second video you hear Rev. Duncan Campbell's awesome testimony to the outbreak of the Hebrides revival of 1949-54:

Both revivals were more spectacular than anything we read about in the Book of Acts.