What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! That's always what happens. And there is spiritual tomfoolery at work as demons come in to molly-coddle the flesh....as in...."thus saith the Lord to the Bride...I love you I love you.+ etc etc... God is love but He is not love-starved. People are loved starved. So the evil forces use clever words to seduce people...seducing spirits that cement in uncrucified people into a firmer self-love.

Self-love destroys the gospel. God is self-less.

That's fine. Look for self affirmation...from false prophecies to visions from the netherworld.

The problem is that what KIND of maturity are we talking about? A "mature" Cessationist? We had better stick with the gifts of the Spirit. Only God has the kind of "maturity" to see through what can fool even the very elect.

A maturity IN the gifting. We will never get to the full stature of Christ by just maturing in whatever. We need the gifts to grow into a SPIRITUAL and eternal character like Jesus has.
Really, you are so off the wall sometimes. I actually had typed out a reply then thought it might come across as being too gossipy and rambling...my mind gets tired, and I'm learning that when I'm tired I had better wait on the Lord, to double check what is appropriate to say or how to word things, or to know what is helpful and necessary to say and what is not, etc. Thought you said you weren't curious anyhow. If you had gone yourself you wouldn't need to be asking me about it.

Maturity in gifting, yes, but also maturity in Godliness is necessary as concerns one's own character. I believe there is a need for maturity in both things to be able to handle a revival properly, or anything for that matter. But also I'm sure just inexperience played a role, since it was something very new to everyone.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
***** IMPORTANT = i did not watch the video and am not commenting on it.

Holy Spirit revival is unique and is seen in Acts.

It begins inside us, as you stated - God is in us if we are in Christ.

This is only the beginning of revival = being Born Again.

Holy Spirit Revival is all about the move of the Holy Spirit of Truth that only bears witness to Truth.

Acts 4:25-31
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Religion counterfeits the Holy Spirit and always resists the Holy Spirit = Acts 7:48-51

“However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
Has My hand not made all these things?’
You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit;

We all need Holy Spirit Revival for what lies ahead of us and is about to be unleashed upon the world = Revelation ch12

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
Acts no one was born again so it was the beginning of the church and outpouring of the Spirit of promise . Pentecost was a one time event that was the fulfillment of prophesy.

hope this helps !!!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts no one was born again so it was the beginning of the church and outpouring of the Spirit of promise . Pentecost was a one time event that was the fulfillment of prophesy.

hope this helps !!!
the word 'church' is not accurate translation.

the correct word is ekklesia which mean assembly/congregation which God established a long time ago.

They absolutely were Born-Again before they were Baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Circumcision of the heart is only done by the Holy Spirit and HE began His Work in Genesis.

Have you read, in depth, Genesis and forward???

Here is something for you to dwell on tonight = Psalm 51 , this was David's prayer after he sinned with Bathsheba

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

i am checking out now - Good Night

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They absolutely were Born-Again before they were Baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Circumcision of the heart is only done by the Holy Spirit and HE began His Work in Genesis.

Have you read, in depth, Genesis and forward???

Here is something for you to dwell on tonight = Psalm 51 , this was David's prayer after he sinned with Bathsheba

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

i am checking out now - Good Night
No one was born again until Pentecost.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one was born again until Pentecost.
That is a complete falsehood established by religion about 1,700 years ago.

You need to read and study Genesis and forward.

Jesus even told Nicodemus that being Born-Again by the Spirit was par for the course = for the People of God.....

Read John 3:1-10 and pay special attention to verse 10.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus even told Nicodemus that being Born-Again by the Spirit was par for the course = for the People of God.....

I’ll deal with your errors tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: David in NJ

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes what you teach is falsehood. I stand on Christs words alone. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, your opinions are not the truth, Jesus words and teaching are the truth. And Paul confirms Jesus teachings below and so does Peter.

Joel 2:28-32- The future promise of the Holy Spirit in them.

The Day of the Lord

28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30 I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

The prophecy in Joel 2 was fulfilled in Acts 2 when the Holy Spirit came to indwell believers. Christ in you the hope of Glory which was a mystery hidden from the OT and revealed in the N.T. Colossians 1:26-27- the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Christ in you see Philippians 1:21, and also Galatians 2:20; see Romans 8:10; 2Corinthians 13:5; Galatians 4:19

Acts 2

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 “‘In the last days, God says,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Jesus teaching on Pentecost. The Holy Spirit in them was future.

Acts 1

After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

John 14- still future

the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

“All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 still future- “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

John 16- still future

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

John 17:26 still future-I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.”

hope this helps !!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes what you teach is falsehood. I stand on Christs words alone. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, your opinions are not the truth, Jesus words and teaching are the truth. And Paul confirms Jesus teachings below and so does Peter.

The Day of the Lord

28 “And afterward,
and on the earth,
and the moon to blood
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

The prophecy in Joel 2 was fulfilled in Acts 2 when the Holy Spirit came to indwell believers. Christ in you the hope of Glory which was a mystery hidden from the OT and revealed in the N.T. Colossians 1:26-27- the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Christ in you see Philippians 1:21, and also Galatians 2:20; see Romans 8:10; 2Corinthians 13:5; Galatians 4:19

Acts 2

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

and they will prophesy.
and the moon to blood

22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.

Acts 1

After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

John 14- still future

the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

“All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 still future- “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

John 16- still future

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

John 17:26 still future-I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them.”

hope this helps !!!
More muddled thinking...confusing what is in, on, out, and upon...to be mere contrivances that make for a more lyrical style to bible reading.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More muddled thinking...confusing what is in, on, out, and upon...to be mere contrivances that make for a more lyrical style to bible reading.
Prove it wrong since I quoted Scripture as taught by Jesus Himself. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand. Face the facts your beliefs contradict Jesus teachings on the topic of the new birth and Pentecost.

next........

hope this helps !!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prove it wrong since I quoted Scripture as taught by Jesus Himself. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand. Face the facts your beliefs contradict Jesus teachings on the topic of the new birth and Pentecost.

next........

hope this helps !!!
In your opinion your words are Jesus' own. Speaking things that are way above your understanding. But posturing nonetheless.

Maybe take a picture of yourself holding a bible (with an OT included) to make people think you have caught anything in it.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your opinion your words are Jesus' own. Speaking things that are way above your understanding. But posturing nonetheless.

Maybe take a picture of yourself holding a bible (with an OT included) to make people think you have caught anything in it.
Thanks for admitting you cannot refute me with Scripture since I stand on Christs teaching which are irrefutable. You stand upon your subjective experiences and emotionalism.

hope this helps !!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for admitting you cannot refute me with Scripture since I stand on Christs teaching which are irrefutable. You stand upon your subjective experiences and emotionalism.

hope this helps !!!
What a mirror. I post scriptures in their proper context and you respond with lies and unbelief. That's your whole MO.

You are here to twist the meaning of the bible to suit your darkened understanding. Brainwashing is NOT enlightenment. Dogma is not truth. Religious conditioning is not spiritual advancement.

You have gone down a rabbit trail for so long you can't think straight.

Reactions: Laurina

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a mirror. I post scriptures in their proper context and you respond with lies and unbelief. That's your whole MO.

You are here to twist the meaning of the bible to suit your darkened understanding. Brainwashing is NOT enlightenment. Dogma is not truth. Religious conditioning is not spiritual advancement.

You have gone down a rabbit trail for so long you can't think straight.
You are equivocating once again and projecting. All your arguments are fallacious.

hope this helps !!!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Day of the Lord

28 “And afterward,
and on the earth,
and the moon to blood
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

Acts 2

and they will prophesy.
and the moon to blood

Acts 1

John 14- still future

John 16- still future

hope this helps !!!
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is an ADDITION to Salvation which the OT Believers walked in and received from God.

They could not receive the promises that were for us because the a MAN had to first fulfill Prophecy with His Sinless Blood.

Salvation comes FIRST and that was ALWAYS with the WORD that was GOD from the Beginning.

Todays christianity is in willful IGNORANCE of the Holy Scriptures beginning in Genesis.

Case in POINT = Listen to the WORD who was GOD from the Beginning
And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.

the FATHER sent TWO Separate PROMISES

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is an ADDITION to Salvation which the OT Believers walked in and received from God.

They could not receive the promises that were for us because the a MAN had to first fulfill Prophecy with His Sinless Blood.

Salvation comes FIRST and that was ALWAYS with the WORD that was GOD from the Beginning.

Todays christianity is in willful IGNORANCE of the Holy Scriptures beginning in Genesis.

Case in POINT = Listen to the WORD who was GOD from the Beginning
And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.

the FATHER sent TWO Separate PROMISES
wrong again there is only one baptism not 2 , one promise of the Spirit, not 2.

Ephesians 4:5-7
one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
i am now going to challenge your understanding of Scripture for your benefit so that you are BLESSED because we are:
BLOOD Washed Brothers in the Risen Messiah of Israel.

God made THREE separate Promises that pertain to Salvation.

Name the three.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i am now going to challenge your understanding of Scripture for your benefit so that you are BLESSED because we are:
BLOOD Washed Brothers in the Risen Messiah of Israel.

God made THREE separate Promises that pertain to Salvation.

Name the three.

You have 10 minutes and if you cannot name the THREE separate Promises, you owe me a Salmon Fishing Trip......

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
Precisely! And that's the point you don't get about authentic revival. The Holy Spirit falls primarily on unbelievers in the Welsh and Hebrides revivals! You would be greatly helped spiritually if you opened your mind and heart and actually watched Youtube videos on both revivals!
But as Jesus would say, "Your heart is hardened!"

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkpos,
I just watched your video testimony and consider it a prime example of what Paul meant by "experiencing a demonstration of the Spirit and of power (1 Cor. 2:4-5)." I was struck by your sense of "place" for the Spirit's anointing. During the Hebrides revival, passengers on passing ships reported powerfully sensing the Spirit's presence when their ships passed closed to the Hebrides.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkpos,
I just watched your video testimony and consider it a prime example of what Paul meant by "experiencing a demonstration of the Spirit and of power (1 Cor. 2:4-5)." I was struck by your sense of "place" for the Spirit's anointing. During the Hebrides revival, passengers on passing ships reported powerfully sensing the Spirit's presence when their ships passed closed to the Hebrides.
Nice to know you endorse a false prophet preaching a false gospel and false christ .

Reactions: Keturah