What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
2 Tim. 3;7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Same goes for you--

1) "Ever learning" (pantote manthanonta) "Always learning," professional intellectual learners, these false prophets, "pretty-boys," shall be, with novelties and fancies to suit their passions, even if they conflict with truth, Act_17:21; 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_2:10-16.

2) "And never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." (kai medepote eis epignosin aletheias eithein dunamena) "And not ever being able to come to a full knowledge of truth;" A perfect or mature knowledge of the truth is never comprehended or taught by an apostate religious deviate.
Gnosticism or doubt played heavily on the female sex. False prophets with "eyes full of adultery," 2Pe_2:14, will spot such and seek to "make flesh-merchandise" of them to the end time, 2Pe_2:13. Remember the admonition of 2Ti_3:1 : "This know also," that these things shall come among you with a crashing tempo.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same goes for you--

1) "Ever learning" (pantote manthanonta) "Always learning," professional intellectual learners, these false prophets, "pretty-boys," shall be, with novelties and fancies to suit their passions, even if they conflict with truth, Act_17:21; 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_2:10-16.

2) "And never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." (kai medepote eis epignosin aletheias eithein dunamena) "And not ever being able to come to a full knowledge of truth;" A perfect or mature knowledge of the truth is never comprehended or taught by an apostate religious deviate. Gnosticism or doubt played heavily on the female sex. False prophets with "eyes full of adultery," 2Pe_2:14, will spot such and seek to "make flesh-merchandise" of them to the end time, 2Pe_2:13. Remember the admonition of 2Ti_3:1 : "This know also," that these things shall come among you with a crashing tempo.
You left out Colossians 2:8-
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Another post filled with falsehoods. So " IF " you are a prophet that makes you a false prophet.

As a teen he became involved in the drug culture as part of his spiritual quest, and at fifteen he entered Laguna Beach's gay underground scene with a friend.

hope this helps !!!
I wonder, after the resurrection of Christ Jesus--if God will allow strong delusions via these self styled "apostles and prophets?"--apparently so.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You left out Colossians 2:8-
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
--absolutely--

1) "Beware lest any man spoil you" (Blepete me tis humas estai ho sulagogon) "Watch ye lest there shall be anyone robbing you;" making spoil through robbing one, Jer_29:8-9; Heb_13:9; 1Co_3:19; 2Jn_1:8.

2) "Through philosophy and vain deceit" (dia tes philosophias kai kenes apates) "through philosophy and empty deceit;"
a philosophy that is intrinsically vain and deceitful -- perhaps by a mixture of Jewish and oriental philosophy with Greek Gnosticism, Act_17:18-22.

3) "After the tradition of men" (kata ten paradosin ton anthropon) "according to the traditions of men," human tradition, as opposed to Divine revelation, and in conflict with the Word of God, Mat_15:1-9.

4) "After the rudiments of the world" (kata ta stoicheia tou kosmou) "according to the elements of the world," which are weak and beggarly in comparison with Jesus Christ, Gal_4:8-9. In vain
Israel rejected Jesus Christ for the traditions of Jewish philosophy, Mar_7:5-9.

5) "And not after Christ" (kai ou kata Christon) "and not according to Christ,"
traditions, or patterns of sanctioned conduct, though not named in the Scripture are yet in harmony with them, can be good traditions, with Divine sanction, Gal_1:14; 2Th_2:15; 2Th_3:6.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. They try and make it SEEM like someone who is living the homosexual lifestyle
IS still serving GOD .
My understanding has been that Lonnie Frisbee had stopped that lifestyle in coming to Christ, and later returned, and after, again repented. If there is something other than that, I don't know.

I understand the process of having our minds renewed can involve a lot of issues along the way, and isn't just a straight and shiny course, at least for some. Like me.

Here again, this is why we aren't to judge each other, we don't know all of it.

Much love!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
My understanding has been that Lonnie Frisbee had stopped that lifestyle in coming to Christ, and later returned, and after, again repented. If there is something other than that, I don't know.

I understand the process of having our minds renewed can involve a lot of issues along the way, and isn't just a straight and shiny course, at least for some. Like me.

Here again, this is why we aren't to judge each other, we don't know all of it.

Much love!
--if a person's teachings is not lining up with the Scriptures, are we to remain silent?

Would you say Epi is preaching gospel truth, as it stands written?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I preach a living God...not a man-made religious god. I preach a God of encounter, of empowerment. All you have is an idea of an afterlife... like all the pagan religions that have gone before. While you wait your Valhalla...there is a whole heaven to walk in right now. There is an abiding with Christ in a place prepared for those who love Him and wait for Him.
You preach what YE THINK is the living GOD . Yet that god ye preach seems to follow pope francis and this ever changing world .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--if a person's teachings is not lining up with the Scriptures, are we to remain silent?

Would you say Epi is preaching gospel truth, as it stands written?
and now for the answer to this question . The answer you already know .
No , we are not to remain silent we are to always correct any error that is contrary to the sound doctrine of the glorious Lord .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen again to the video clip--especially on the reborn part--almost as if it is not really important.
J.
They are always sneaky my friend . This is how the snares of death to begin .
They slowly start chipping away at the DIRE NEED to believe in Christ to be born again .
IN time it only gets worse till they all come to a dead false solution .
THAT ALL we need to do is just all join together hand in hand with all religions of the world and all secular .
FOR GOD is in and with us all . ITS A FAT LIE . they begin to slowly take away from the Dire necessity of Christ
But the lambs WILL NOT FALL for such a ruse as that . JESUS has the lambs and HE IS OURS and WE ARE HIS .
now march on my friend . The LORD is with the lambs .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
and now for the answer to this question . The answer you already know .
No , we are not to remain silent we are to always correct any error that is contrary to the sound doctrine of the glorious Lord .
Noticed @marks remains silent--not really interested in what I'm asking or saying.
Shalom amigo
J.

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pastor Chuck? Smith?

Chuck Smith was a Christian fundamentalist pastor whose appeal to disillusioned hippies of the Haight Ashbury era fuelled the rise of the “Jesus movement” of the 1970s and inspired the introduction of religious worship into pop culture.

I'm not into Pentecostalism or the charismatic movements/revivals--
Me neither, really. Something very real happened, and I'm thankful to God for that. I've been blessed through it.

Much love!