What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is revival mentioned in the Bible ?

BTW- God is Omnipresent everywhere at all times not localized on a street corner or in someones house. He dwells in believers not in part but the fullness of the Holy Spirit is in all believers.

I just finished watching the video and where do I begin with all of the myriads of false teachings I heard. Nothing but subjectivism and experiences not from the Bible and the Spirit but from self. Downplaying the truth of the Bible- Thy word is truth was denied and replaced with feelings and experiences contrary to the bible.

Gods presence is indwelling in every believer and God is Omnipresent. God is there whether or not you realize it or acknowledge it.

Persecution proof lol ? Jesus promises all those who live godly will suffer persecution and if they persecuted Him they will persecute believers.

Bring down fire ? Thats judgement in Scripture or consuming a sacrifice on an alter and not some anointing from God

Then you mock Luther for his view on sin and condemn him yet promote Frisbee who was a practicing homosexual his whole life.

Once again denying the sanctification process in the video all the while claiming/implying you are a "prophet" that God speaks directly to yet everything in the video is contrary to Gods revealed word.

And you said we don't need preachers. Yikes.

And there are probably another dozen I could add to the list.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

BTW- God is Omnipresent everywhere at all times not localized on a street corner or in someones house. He dwells in believers not in part but the fullness of the Holy Spirit is in all believers.

hope this helps !!!
Neh_4:2 And he spake before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, What do these feeble Jews? will they fortify themselves? will they sacrifice? will they make an end in a day? will they revive the stones out of the heaps of the rubbish which are burned?
Psa_85:6 Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
Psa_138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
Isa_57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Hos_6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos_14:7 They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
Hab_3:2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

hope this helps!!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neh_4:2 And he spake before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, What do these feeble Jews? will they fortify themselves? will they sacrifice? will they make an end in a day? will they revive the stones out of the heaps of the rubbish which are burned?
Psa_138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
Isa_57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Hos_6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos_14:7 They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
Hab_3:2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

hope this helps!!!
Thats nice but I'm not a Jew in the OT. I'm a gentile under the New Covenant. Thanks for the verses.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

hope this helps!!!
Some people don't consider the OT to be part of the bible. It's part of selecting what one wants from God while ignoring the vast majority of the instruction.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people don't consider the OT to be part of the bible. It's part of selecting what one wants from God while ignoring the vast majority of the instruction.
Its good to know you are a Jew bound to the OT. I'm a Gentile under the NT Covenant. The OT is obsolete and superceded by the N.T. Try reading your N.T. where it states those facts sometime.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end to the OT law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You've got it wrong again. All GENUINE Christians accept the OT as an integral part of the Bible. Indeed it is "Holy Scripture". But since Christ has established the New Testament (Covenant) with His own precious blood, it is God who has "abolished" the application of the Old Covenant (the Law of Moses) to all. The OT is definitely for "our learning" but the bulk of the Law of Moses is null and void.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've got it wrong again. All GENUINE Christians accept the OT as an integral part of the Bible. Indeed it is "Holy Scripture". But since Christ has established the New Testament (Covenant) with His own precious blood, it is God who has "abolished" the application of the Old Covenant (the Law of Moses) to all. The OT is definitely for "our learning" but the bulk of the Law of Moses is null and void.
Amen he is under the yoke of the law its his schoolmaster. There are no more Prophets, Priests or Kings since Jesus is our only Prophet, Priest and King according to the book of Hebrews. Yet someone wants to convince people they are a prophet. Well a false one but not of God.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival is the second move of The Spirit in the Life of the Believer. When we are Born again we receive the "earnest" of the Spirit which is literally a down payment, as we grow In faith we receive the fulness of the Spirit. Revival is a time when That happens to either an individual who is hungering and thirsting for righteousness, or a local body that is seeking Holiness with a repentant heart, or even a larger community that has had enough of the lawlessness of the day.

The scriptural proof for this second move of the Spirit is all over the New Testament, from the "Higher calling of God in Christ, to the receiving of the Spirit By breath in John 20:22, when the Apostles were Born again, Which could not happen till after the death of the testator, to them receiving the fulness of the Spirit at Pentecost..... When Stephen and the other deacons were chosen, they were said to be full of the Spirit.... This is the result of revival. It is easy to deny something when you have never experienced revival, and it is futile to argue the viability to someone who does not see the need for More of Christ in their life. It is the Laodicean delusion that has gripped the modern church.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival is the second move of The Spirit in the Life of the Believer. When we are Born again we receive the "earnest" of the Spirit which is literally a down payment, as we grow In faith we receive the fulness of the Spirit. Revival is a time when That happens to either an individual who is hungering and thirsting for righteousness, or a local body that is seeking Holiness with a repentant heart, or even a larger community that has had enough of the lawlessness of the day.

The scriptural proof for this second move of the Spirit is all over the New Testament, from the "Higher calling of God in Christ, to the receiving of the Spirit By breath in John 20:22, when the Apostles were Born again, Which could not happen till after the death of the testator, to them receiving the fulness of the Spirit at Pentecost..... When Stephen and the other deacons were chosen, they were said to be full of the Spirit.... This is the result of revival. It is easy to deny something when you have never experienced revival, and it is futile to argue the viability to someone who does not see the need for More of Christ in their life. It is the Laodicean delusion that has gripped the modern church.
Every Born Again believer has the fullness of the Holy Spirit in them. One doesn't get a part of the Holy Spirit now and more later. That false teaching. One either has the Spirit indwelling them or they don't. We are commanded to be filled with the Spirit and not to quench or grieve the spirit. That has to do with obedience, submission to Christ, denying ourselves and being humble before the Lord. We are told and commanded to walk in the spirit and the deeds of the flesh will not be carried out. Sanctification and Holiness is synergistic not monergistic.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings John. I did watch your video. At the 2.38 mark of this video, you mentioned a Bible. Do you still have this Bible? The reason I ask, is at the beginning of my journey, I had a paperback New Testament, easy to read Bible. I read it all the time as I hungered back then. I can see that you want that back, you called it walking in Zion. And yes in 1980 The Lord was there, on that street. That was The Presence of The Lord. And yes you were convicted in your heart because sin in us makes unclean before The Presence of the Lord. I have had that happen long ago, but not because of a revival it is because of calling. Back then you walked into The Presence because He was already there. This you can not duplicate. This you can not teach how to. I see where the mistake was made since that time. And if I tell you, you know you won't receive it. It is really simple, a simple truth in The New Testament. Actually I have already given it to you in one of the threads. You have studied, studied, studied, and even learned Greek. It is found in these simple words by Jesus, "you can not put New Wine in old wine skins. You see there is advantage to The New Testament prophet over The Old testament prophet. In the old The Holy Spirit came upon the prophet and The Word of The Lord came to the prophet. In the New testament, the prophet always has the Word of The Lord as The Holy Spirit(The Lord) is always with them. And so is The Holy Spirit always with those that are truly born from above, I guarantee you, the old testament prophet was mighty grumpy during his downtime because of the original sin. When one mixes the old testament(Covenant) with New Testament(Covenant) It is like pouring New Wine into old wine skins, it all leaks out. If The New Wine leaks out, what is left. Where ever the law(old) is the devil is not far behind, It is wiser to be under the New covenant alone, where there is no searching or looking to get back as now The Kingdom of God is within you. So if per chance you find that old new Testament easy to read Bible, pick it up try that only for a while. Or you can continue trying to mix the two in word and deed, yeh I see it, plus the staff that you picked up. I have one too, it is a walking stick, for this is the year I will walk. And as for Asbury, The Lords was there fore filling His promise, "For where two or more are gathered in My Name, there I Am in the mist of them. Bring His teachings John, bring His words just as they are, For in Them is Power and life.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet someone wants to convince people they are a prophet. Well a false one but not of God.
Every person claiming to be either a messiah, an apostle, or a prophet since the close of the canon of Scripture (with Revelation as the final book) has turned out to be a false prophet. So you are absolutely correct. There are no more apostles and prophets since they are now all embedded in Scripture. The apostle John was the last apostle-prophet.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every person claiming to be either a messiah, an apostle, or a prophet since the close of the canon of Scripture (with Revelation as the final book) has turned out to be a false prophet. So you are absolutely correct. There are no more apostles and prophets since they are now all embedded in Scripture. The apostle John was the last apostle-prophet.
Exactly.

Reactions: shortangel

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Born Again believer has the fullness of the Holy Spirit in them.
False: We are sealed with the Earnest of the Spirit, which literally means down payment (2 Corinthians 1:22, 5:5) Look it up, the word literally means down payment

1. an earnest
    1. money which in purchases is given as a pledge or downpayment that the full amount will subsequently be paid

Fulness of God/Christ is an altogether different thing

Again what is the qualification that made Stephen and the Other decans "Full of the Holy Ghost" ? Would you even know what to look for in that person? If every believer is "full of the Holy Ghost, this does not make this a unique requirement for the office of Deacon.

Much of contemporary theology neither understands this nor knows this because they lack this qualification themselves and cannot see nor have they experienced this need in their faith. They are in the delusion of saying I am rich and in need of nothing all the while they are Blind naked and poor and wretched. This is the direct result of textualism which arose in fundamentalism which denies Spiritual revelation from God. May I suggest instead of berating those of us here who are starting to see this need for the riches of His Grace That you pray for Understanding instead..... Paul has a Great Prayer for this In Ephesians 1:17-23. Be a Berrean and not a scribe.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessings John. I did watch your video. At the 2.38 mark of this video, you mentioned a Bible. Do you still have this Bible? The reason I ask, is at the beginning of my journey, I had a paperback New Testament, easy to read Bible. I read it all the time as I hungered back then.
That bible was a "reach out" NT that is long gone.

I can see that you want that back, you called it walking in Zion. And yes in 1980 The Lord was there, on that street. That was The Presence of The Lord. And yes you were convicted in your heart because sin in us makes unclean before The Presence of the Lord. I have had that happen long ago, but not because of a revival it is because of calling. Back then you walked into The Presence because He was already there. This you can not duplicate. This you can not teach how to.

I was relating how God used His presence in a place to convict me of sin. God worked me into moving where and when I did. Even the street name "traverse" means to cross over. So it was God moving and guiding. There's no way I would have sought the Lord unless so deeply convicted of my sins.
I see where the mistake was made since that time. And if I tell you, you know you won't receive it. It is really simple, a simple truth in The New Testament. Actually I have already given it to you in one of the threads. You have studied, studied, studied, and even learned Greek. It is found in these simple words by Jesus, "you can not put New Wine in old wine skins. You see there is advantage to The New Testament prophet over The Old testament prophet. In the old The Holy Spirit came upon the prophet and The Word of The Lord came to the prophet. In the New testament, the prophet always has the Word of The Lord as The Holy Spirit(The Lord) is always with them. And so is The Holy Spirit always with those that are truly born from above, I guarantee you, the old testament prophet was mighty grumpy during his downtime because of the original sin. When one mixes the old testament(Covenant) with New Testament(Covenant) It is like pouring New Wine into old wine skins, it all leaks out. If The New Wine leaks out, what is left. Where ever the law(old) is the devil is not far behind, It is wiser to be under the New covenant alone, where there is no searching or looking to get back as now The Kingdom of God is within you. So if per chance you find that old new Testament easy to read Bible, pick it up try that only for a while. Or you can continue trying to mix the two in word and deed, yeh I see it, plus the staff that you picked up. I have one too, it is a walking stick, for this is the year I will walk. And as for Asbury, The Lords was there fore filling His promise, "For where two or more are gathered in My Name, there I Am in the mist of them. Bring His teachings John, bring His words just as they are, For in Them is Power and life.
I don't really see what you are getting at. The Old Testament is about righteousness, and the New Testament is about holiness. But unless you learn what righteousness is and pursue it...there can be no lasting holiness.

The OT was the bible for the early believers.

Even the motivation to study the scriptures more deeply came from the Lord telling me "Learn Hebrew". From that moment I was hungry to learn.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the big awakening movement occuring . I notice it seems to be led of the social all inclusive movement .
IN quite a few places i have noticed unrepentant sinners that even led or lead in it .
The last time i checked the HOLY SPIRIT would have convicted folks of sin , not allowed them to remain in SIN
while hollering about safe places and inclusivity. Something aint right at all .
Not to mention in quite a few places i heard these two crys the loudest . FIRE FROM HEAVEN and HEALING THE WOUND .
Do those words sound familiar .
And he shall cause fire to come down from heaven , he will decieve them through the means of the miracles .
And in another place it reads , WHOSE DEADLY WOUND WAS HEALED . I smell a huge set up .
And in a lot of them places , BUT NOT ALL , they even have rainbow flags . Or at least let some of them lead
in these movements . I Did my homwork .
BIG difference between repentant ones leading verses UNREPENTANT ones who still support certain sins LEADING the group .
THIS aint looking good . I didnt watch the video epi sent , but i can say i have seen this throughout a lot
of this movement they call the great awakening . Sounds like to me
Christinaity has been infiltrated to lead us into THEIR IDEA OF WHAT A GREAT AWAKENING SHOULD BE
an ALL INCLUSIVE SOCIAL gospel church . We better be on gaurd and always test the spirits .
And also make sure to research well WHO IS LEADING these revivals .
ITS just not looking good . PLUS , IF we want souls saved , GET UP and preach the gospel .
Paul never said WAIT ON REVIVAL , HE got up and PREACHED what SAVES . THE TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST .
BELIEVE YE IN HIM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more thing . a lot of these revivals so called , call for unity big time . Unity not with true believers
but just unity for unity sake . Even calling for unity with pope francis and that place.
Last time i checked they made the road to GOD real , REAL BROAD . Saying and Believing
that all religoins have their way to GOD . THIS just aint looking good .
In a lot of these places they will often speak of we have an inclusive SAFE PLACE for all .
I recognize THAT langauge too . This is not lookin good .
We were all warned about a FALLING away . A huge end time we are one gathering
under the dark one who gathers the world as one right unto the very day of armegeddon .
We need to remain viligent and diligent in our walk . AND if we want folks saved
then cease with the inclusivity preaching and start rather PREACHING REPENT YE AND BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That bible was a "reach out" NT that is long gone.

I was relating how God used His presence in a place to convict me of sin. God worked me into moving where and when I did. Even the street name "traverse" means to cross over. So it was God moving and guiding. There's no way I would have sought the Lord unless so deeply convicted of my sins.

I don't really see what you are getting at. The Old Testament is about righteousness, and the New Testament is about holiness. But unless you learn what righteousness is and pursue it...there can be no lasting holiness.

The OT was the bible for the early believers.

Even the motivation to study the scriptures more deeply came from the Lord telling me "Learn Hebrew". From that moment I was hungry to learn.
No the OT was for the Jews- Gods chosen people- the NT is about all people whom God chooses to save all the world, all peoples not just the Jews. The OT was about the Law, the N.T. is about the born again people of God. The OT was about God dwelling in a physical temple, the N.T. believers are the temple where God dwells. They OT God came on went from a few prophets, the NT God permanently dwells in all believers. The OT pointed to Christ, the NT points back to Christ. The OT predicts the future Messiah, the NT is reveals the Messiah. The OT gives the Law, the NT its fulfilled in Christ. The OT is about the Jews, the NT is about the church. The OT promises physical blessings the NT promises spiritual blessings. The OT Gods still revealing new revelation, the NT Gods revelation is complete. The OT was about the first adam the NT is about the 2nd Adam. Shall I go on with many more comparisons and contrasts ?

hope this help !!!

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No the OT was for the Jews- Gods chosen people- the NT is about all people whom God chooses to save all the world, all peoples not just the Jews.

Patently false. Only a radical fringe doctrine that negates the words of Jesus to favour a misrepresentation of Paul...called Dispensationalism...would have audacity to throw out the words of Jesus as "not for me" and still call itself Christian.

The OT was the only bible of the early Christians...and as Paul said, was good for rebuke and instruction in righteousness. Since none of these things has any effect whatsoever on people who lack wisdom, humility, and the fear of the lord....I will not waste my time.

The OT was about the Law, the N.T. is about the born again people of God. The OT was about God dwelling in a physical temple, the N.T. believers are the temple where God dwells. They OT God came on went from a few prophets, the NT God permanently dwells in all believers. Shall I go on with many more comparisons and contrasts ?

hope this help !!!
I hope not. Your rants are so off the mark as to elicit wonder at how the bible can be so misunderstood.

Instead of these vain claimings to understand what you clearly don't...seek God...go to the cross. Or else stick to fishing.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Patently false. Only a radical fringe doctrine that negates the words of Jesus to favour a misrepresentation of Paul...called Dispensationalism...would have audacity to throw out the words of Jesus as "not for me" and still call itself Christian.

The OT was the only bible of the early Christians...and as Paul said, was good for rebuke and instruction in righteousness. Since none of these things has any effect whatsoever on people who lack wisdom, humility, and the fear of the lord....I will not waste my time.

I hope not. Your rants are so off the mark as to elicit wonder at how the bible can be so misunderstood.

Instead of these vain claimings to understand what you clearly don't...seek God...go to the cross. Or else stick to fishing.
The only rants I see are in the videos you post. There is no truth in them. You promote a life long homosexual in the video as a man of God. Blasphemous. Stick to the Bible and not your experiences, feelings, subjectivity etc...

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo