What is that Sweet Scent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I decided to have my lunch outside today and talking with the Lord at the same time and just as I was finishing, out of nowhere but within the breezes, I smell this very sweet perfumey smell. I've smelled this before about a year ago when I was reading my Bible in my bedroom and it was only for a brief moment. It's not me, not my deodorant, lotion, hair stuff, fabric softener, none of that. The only flowers opened here are the lilac flowers which I know it was not that. It did not seem to be any scent that I have in this house.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to have my lunch outside today and talking with the Lord at the same time and just as I was finishing, out of nowhere but within the breezes, I smell this very sweet perfumey smell. I've smelled this before about a year ago when I was reading my Bible in my bedroom and it was only for a brief moment. It's not me, not my deodorant, lotion, hair stuff, fabric softener, none of that. The only flowers opened here are the lilac flowers which I know it was not that. It did not seem to be any scent that I have in this house.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?
I have @LILAC - just a couple of seconds of a beautiful fragrance with no apparent source. I always think of it as the fragrance of the presence of Jesus. Maybe fanciful but it makes me aware of him.

LILAC

May 18, 2021
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have @LILAC - just a couple of seconds of a beautiful fragrance with no apparent source. I always think of it as the fragrance of the presence of Jesus. Maybe fanciful but it makes me aware of him.
Yes! This came with breezes, too. I could not figure out that scent. The summer flowers are not in bloom here yet and the lilacs are about done already, losing their scent. If heaven smells like this, I would NOT be disappointed! :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! This came with breezes, too. I could not figure out that scent. The summer flowers are not in bloom here yet and the lilacs are about done already, losing their scent. If heaven smells like this, I would NOT be disappointed! :)
In a couple of months here in the UK, the privet will be in flower. Most people keep their hedges trimmed so they don't flower, but when they get overgrown and bear flowers their fragrance is so powerful and beautiful that it perfumes the whole area. I like to think that we Christians should be like that - to be a sweet fragrance in our neighbourhoods.