What is the…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
only one has authority from Christ thru the valid successors of the apostles
To teach and rule the nations
Matt 28:19-20 Matt 16:18-19 Same authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23
broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record......

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record, broken record......
That is Scripture. A broken record. It just keeps repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again. It drives Protestants like you CRAZY....to here the same truth over and over and over and over again ;)

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you got that one (question #3) wrong......According to Scripture the church is the pillar and ground of truth. You have read Scripture, haven't you?

would you care to try again kiddo........

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only one has authority from Christ thru the valid successors of the apostles
To teach and rule the nations
Matt 28:19-20 Matt 16:18-19 Same authority as Christ Jn 20:21-23

Same old dry arguments again.

Since you're pounding away at this stuff again, Thee faith, let me repost what I just sent you on another thread since it applies here as well, if you think Popes are somehow the successors of the apostles:

This operates under the assumption that the Catholic Church has operated exactly as the early church did for the last 2,000 years now, yet nothing could be farther from the truth. Then they raised the dead, today the Catholic Church just prays for them. Then they went about poorly clothed and wore no ecclesiastical garb, yet today Priests, Bishops and Popes are decked out like Christmas trees. Then services were unscripted, and governed by the gifts of the Spirit in operation, especially tongues, prophecy, and interpretation. Today, Catholic services are as scripted in the flesh as they could be, usually with a total absence of the operation of the supernatural gifts; just sit down, stand up, recite something, sit back down, kneel, sit back up. Pure liturgical exercise, at the expense of truly Spirit-filled, Spirit-led meetings where the Spirit of God Himself is speaking and directing the service.

The claim that the leaders of the modern Catholic Church are somehow the spiritual successors of the New Testament apostles is very clearly little more than a fraudulent religious lie.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since you're pounding away at this stuff again, Thee faith, let me repost what I just sent you on another thread since it applies here as well, if you think Popes are somehow the successors of the apostles:

This operates under the assumption that the Catholic Church has operated exactly as the early church did for the last 2,000 years now, yet nothing could be farther from the truth. Then they raised the dead, today the Catholic Church just prays for them. Then they went about poorly clothed and wore no ecclesiastical garb, yet today Priests, Bishops and Popes are decked out like Christmas trees. Then services were unscripted, and governed by the gifts of the Spirit in operation, especially tongues, prophecy, and interpretation. Today, Catholic services are as scripted in the flesh as they could be, usually with a total absence of the operation of the supernatural gifts; just sit down, stand up, recite something, sit back down, kneel, sit back up. Pure liturgical exercise, at the expense of truly Spirit-filled, Spirit-led meetings where the Spirit of God Himself is speaking and directing the service.

The claim that the leaders of the modern Catholic Church are somehow the spiritual successors of the New Testament apostles is very clearly little more than a fraudulent religious lie.
Unfortunately, many [most?] Protestant services are not any better.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the church founded by Christ on Peter is eternal and cannot change or be reformed
Truth is revealed by God and therefore is immutable! So is the church of Jesus Christ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

what is the source of truth for Christians?
Word of God.

What is the rule of faith for Christians?
Confess Heartful Belief.

What is the pillar and ground of truth?
Jesus is the Christ the Son of the living God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Word of God.

Confess Heartful Belief.

Glory to God,
Taken

the rule of faith is Christ and his church!

Truth must be revealed by Christ to his church. Jude 1:3 the holy church teaches all nations. Matt 28:19 without error. Jn 16:13

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

1 Tim 3:15 pillar and ground of truth is the church
Matt 18:17 listen to the church

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the rule of faith is Christ and his church!

Truth must be revealed by Christ to his church. Jude 1:3 the holy church teaches all nations. Matt 28:19 without error. Jn 16:13

Covered that with stating WORD OF GOD!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a person love the Truth without knowing it completely and perfectly? Is not Jesus, the Truth?

How well do we "know" our spouses? After nearly 50 years I do love my wife, but she still often surprises me. Consider how Peter loved Jesus:

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep." John 21:15-17

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Word of God.

Confess Heartful Belief.

Glory to God,
Taken
Reminds me of 1 Timothy 3.15...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Covered that with stating WORD OF GOD!

without the teaching authority of Christ and his church how can you know what is and what is not scripture?

is the word of God limited to scripture?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
without the teaching authority of Christ and his church how can you know what is and what is not scripture?

is the word of God limited to scripture?

Today, yes. The Holy Bible is available for us to have, borrow, own, read, reference and verify what others say.

In the Apostles Day, oops, they did not carry the Scrolls, they did not have an OT complied Book, They did not have a NT compiled Book.
THEY were SENT out to Teach and Preach without Scriptures in hand ...
and assured...—->

John 14:
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
1 Timothy 3:15 is what believe you are going for here, correct?
This text indicates that Paul proposed the idea that the members of the Lord's Called Out Assembly (church) were to be the heralds of the their foundational doctrine that Jesus of Nazareth was the God of Israel's anointed one who appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was proclaimed among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, and was taken up in glory.
In other words, Paul claimed the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus was to be held up by the church as true.

It should be the same for everyone no matter what doctrine they subscribe to and that source is reality and what is actual.

To run what endurance the Christian race as the believer looks unto Jesus who is purported to be the author and finisher of their faith. (Hebrews 12:1-2)