What is the…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, yes. The Holy Bible is available for us to have, borrow, own, read, reference and verify what others say.

In the Apostles Day, oops, they did not carry the Scrolls, they did not have an OT complied Book, They did not have a NT compiled Book.
THEY were SENT out to Teach and Preach without Scriptures in hand ...
and assured...—->

John 14:
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

the church is eternal and always the same as her founder is eternal
1 Tim 1:17

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the source of truth Jn 14:6 and must be proposed by the church Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by Christ to his church. Jude 1:3 the holy church teaches all nations. Matt 28:19 without error. Jn 16:13

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Methinks you are misapplying or better yet misunderstanding the message in this text. Paul was not saying that the corporate institution that we call the (insert denomination name here) church is the pillar and ground for what is true. What the writer was saying is that the called out assembly of individuals were to support, hold up, and be proponents of the tenets mentioned in the verse following 1 Timothy 3:15, verse 16. All Paul was saying was the the individuals that made up the church body were to taut and stand on the message of verse 16, not that the church had the power to declare what was or was not truth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Methinks you are misapplying or better yet misunderstanding the message in this text. Paul was not saying that the corporate institution that we call the (insert denomination name here) church is the pillar and ground for what is true. What the writer was saying is that the called out assembly of individuals were to support, hold up, and be proponents of the tenets mentioned in the verse following 1 Timothy 3:15, verse 16. All Paul was saying was the the individuals that made up the church body were to taut and stand on the message of verse 16, not that the church had the power to declare what was or was not truth.

apostolic authority
Matt 26:18-19 Matt 18:18

must hear the church Matt 18:17

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Truth must be revealed by Christ to his church. Jude 1:3 the holy church teaches all nations. Matt 28:19 without error. Jn 16:13

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
so, in a nutshell, your "church" is melting, but gee ya just cant help but come here to Christians and insist upon how cows eat cabbage?
You're not in Kansas anymore, see Dorothy?

not meaning to be rude ok, but there are Roman Catholic forums, and stuff?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said it was different in apostolic times
Even so the apostles continue till the return of Christ

Facts reveal:
the Apostles had first hand knowledge from the mouth of Jesus
were indwelt with the HS
did NOT have written Scripture in hand
the Apostles have all physically died.

The Apostles are bodily dead.
The Word of God continues to this day.
The Word of God is written, available, readable, for the World to read.
Read the Word of God, trust it, believe it, or not. Your freewill option.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
must hear the church Matt 18:17
This passage is about what can best be described as "church discipline" for handling matters of behavioral issues among the brethren within a local gathering of 1st century Christians.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Facts reveal:
the Apostles had first hand knowledge from the mouth of Jesus
were indwelt with the HS
did NOT have written Scripture in hand
the Apostles have all physically died.

The Apostles are bodily dead.
The Word of God continues to this day.
The Word of God is written, available, readable, for the World to read.
Read the Word of God, trust it, believe it, or not. Your freewill option.

matt 28:19-20 I am with you till the end

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage is about what can best be described as "church discipline" for handling matters of behavioral issues among the brethren within a local gathering of 1st century Christians.

the church teaches
Matt 28:19-20
With the authority of Christ
Apostolic tradition

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
matt 28:19-20 I am with you till the end
The end of the age passage you quote is AGAIN being lifted from context to promote the idea of a succession plan that is nonexistent in the writings. Actually, and I find this amusing I will admit, what it seems the NT teaches is that the age often referred to was within the generation of those who were living during the 1st century. There was an immediacy in the writing's tones whether Luke, Paul, or the unknown gospel writers were pinning the words.

Matthew 24:34 (Jesus)
1 Peter 4:7 (Peter)
1 Corinthians 10:11 (Paul)

Boy, failed predictions of the end sure does cause confusion and strife in Christian circle huh..........
Oh, let's not forget topics like:
- The one true church
- Baptism
- Once Saved Always Saved

Oh, yes, the Bible is CLEARLY divinely inspired and not confusing at all! (1 Corinthians 14:33) is pure comedy and evidence AGAINST the Bible being inspired by an all everything god-being.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The end of the age passage you quote is AGAIN being lifted from context to promote the idea of a succession plan that is nonexistent in the writings. Actually, and I find this amusing I will admit, what it seems the NT teaches is that the age often referred to was within the generation of those who were living during the 1st century. There was an immediacy in the writing's tones whether Luke, Paul, or the unknown gospel writers were pinning the words.

Matthew 24:34 (Jesus)
1 Peter 4:7 (Peter)
1 Corinthians 10:11 (Paul)

Boy, failed predictions of the end sure does cause confusion and strife in Christian circle huh..........
Oh, let's not forget topics like:
- The one true church
- Baptism
- Once Saved Always Saved

Oh, yes, the Bible is CLEARLY divinely inspired and not confusing at all! (1 Corinthians 14:33) is pure comedy and evidence AGAINST the Bible being inspired by an all everything god-being.

KJV says end of the world

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
have you ever read dan 13 the faith story of Susana?
Yep. I've read the Catholic version with 1 & 2 Maccabees, Bel and the Dragon, etc. as well. I was once a "spirit filled" believer myself you see.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. I've read the Catholic version with 1 & 2 Maccabees, Bel and the Dragon, etc. as well. I was once a "spirit filled" believer myself you see.

what that? Only a catechumen
Baptism is required to be a Christian