What is the…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TALK ABOUT A STRETCH!!!!! "water" in John 3 has nothing to do with "Baptism, and forcing it to do so does violence to the context of the passage!!!
Your Eph 2:1 fantasy is simply your FORCING of Catholic Paradigms on a verse that's totally unrelated. Like Catholic violence on Mat 12:32 to support Purgatorial sanctification.

What good is the “Bible alone”?
If you don’t believe it?

Jn 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

water! Water everywhere!

ez 36:25
Mk 16:16
Acts 22:16
Acts 2:38
Acts 8:36-38
Titus 3:5
1 cor 12:13
Gal 3:27
1 pet 3:21
Baptismal regeneration!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TALK ABOUT A STRETCH!!!!! "water" in John 3 has nothing to do with "Baptism, and forcing it to do so does violence to the context of the passage!!!
Your Eph 2:1 fantasy is simply your FORCING of Catholic Paradigms on a verse that's totally unrelated. Like Catholic violence on Mat 12:32 to support Purgatorial sanctification.

no stretch!

baptism is the initiation into the new covenant

without it there is no life!

Jn 14:6 Jesus is the life
Gal 3:27 we put on this life by baptism

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always stick your foot in your mouth by lying about something I allegedly said.
Show me the POST where I "taight" this nonsesne.

Post #
, please . . .

I already challenged you to show me the Chapter and Verse where the Son was a sperm cell.
You failed - and now your doing damage-control.

Good job, Einstein . . .
He had to be a sperm cell to be begotten of the Father.

Or...

God commanded Mary's egg to self fertilize.

Or...

He implanted Himself as a microscopic embryo God flesh thing.

Pick one or draw another blank.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely - the nature of God has been revealed aas the TRINITY (Gen. 1:26, Matt. 28:19, John 15:26, 1 Cor. 12:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14, 1 John 5:7, Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, Isa. 63:16, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13, Isa. 7:14, Isa. 9:6, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 15:9, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4, 2 Cor. 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Tit. 2:13, John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4).

HOW this revealed truth is possible is the mystery which requires faith - which YOU lack.
Which verse says "trinity"?

Since there are none, there are actually these 2 persons....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

God, which is a lone divine Spirit and man, which is human.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or...

Or...

mary concieved by the power of the Holy Spirit! Scripture don’t say how!

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lordappeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or...

Or...

An you don't see how asinine your question is - coming from a Sola Scripturist??
You're demanding that I prove something feom Scripture - that Scripture is completely SILENT about.

Can YOU show me where Infant Baptism is "forbidden" in Scripture, Sola Scripturist?
Let's see how your idiotic logic works . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tag team

Infant Baptism

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say accept infants!)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which verse says "trinity"?
Since there are none, there are actually these 2 persons....
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
God, which is a lone divine Spirit and man, which is human.
I think it's the verse right next to the one that says, "Sola Scriptura".
Or the one after the one that says, "Sola Fide".

MAYBE it's on the same page as the one that says "Bible" . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mary concieved by the power of the Holy Spirit! Scripture don’t say how!

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lordappeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Right, God made a virgin conceive with a sperm cell miraculously created by Himself as Jesus' divine paternal Father.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An you don't see how asinine your question is - coming from a Sola Scripturist??
You're demanding that I prove something feom Scripture - that Scripture is completely SILENT about.

Can YOU show me where Infant Baptism is "forbidden" in Scripture, Sola Scripturist?
Let's see how your idiotic logic works . . .
All you need to know are the Biblical words...begotten son.

Think, Catholic, think.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's the verse right next to the one that says, "Sola Scriptura".
Or the one after the one that says, "Sola Fide".

MAYBE it's on the same page as the one that says "Bible" . . .
Admission by the Catholic that he can post the entire Bible and not one word "trinity" pops up.

Must started in Babylonianism.

Yep, it sure did.

The pagans of Rome went and inserted multi-deities into Christianity.

Is used to be ...

Which was changed by the pagan RCC into this...

For there ARE 3 God's(separate and distinct divinities), and one mediator between God and men, the FLESH OF THE 2ND PERSON, Christ Jesus;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s does not have to be in scripture but the doctrine of the apostles is and must be believed and they teach the holy trinity!
Acts 2:42

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s does not have to be in scripture but the doctrine of the apostles is and must be believed and they teach the holy trinity!
Acts 2:42
No, they never mentioned a "trinity of God'.

Some pagans made that explanation of their religious beliefs up some centuries later.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they never mentioned a "trinity of God'.

Some pagans made that explanation of their religious beliefs up some centuries later.

still the teaching authority of the apostles

it remains till Christ returns

are all of the apostles teachings in scripture?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still the teaching authority of the apostles

it remains till Christ returns

are all of the apostles teachings in scripture?
The RCC does not represent the Acts of the Apostles, but the acts of pagans.