What is the…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you look....

1 In the beginning was the (SPOKEN)Word, and the (SPOKEN)Word was with God, and the (SPOKEN)Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him(HIS SPOKEN WORD-GEN 1); and without him was not any thing made that was made....

14 And the (SPOKEN WORD)Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And all this time you thought the word was 1/3rd of God.
Sooo - by YOUR logic, it stands to reason to say -
"The idiotic statements made by Truther are not simply idiotic statements - they are actually Truther in the flesh."

Would YOU dsy that this is a reasonable statement?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo - by YOUR logic, it stands to reason to say -
"The idiotic statements made by Truther are not simply idiotic statements - they are actually Truther in the flesh."

Would YOU dsy that this is a reasonable statement?
God's word creating the world per Gen 1 and creating Jesus per John 14 is idiotic?

I thought a Spirit God becoming a sperm cell mate for an egg cell was idiotic(incarnation).

Which "idiotic' idea do you prefer?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's word creating the world per Gen 1 and creating Jesus per John 14 is idiotic?
I thought a Spirit God becoming a sperm cell mate for an egg cell was idiotic(incarnation).
Which "idiotic' idea do you prefer?
No - I said YOUR statements are idiotic.

So, I proved my point. You make an asinine statement about God and His Word - and when the SAME grmmatoical criterion is applied to YOU - you collapse like a deck of cards.

Thanks, Einstein.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say read for yourself?

we must be taught Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31
SO now go ahead and rationalize away 1 John 2:27 which disagrees with your "interpretation".

We all know that Rome has a visceral FEAR of their people reading the Bible for themselves (since it might lead their victims away from Catholic "theological Paradigms").

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does Jn 3:5 mean?
SImple (and obvious according to the context which contrasts the NATURAL man with the Spiritually Born AGain Man).

Born of water= natural birth, and Born of the Spirit is when the natural man is infilled by the Holy Spirit and cleansed of all SIN.

Catholics (and some others) like to force "baptism" into the passage, but it simply doesn't fit the context.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SImple (and obvious according to the context which contrasts the NATURAL man with the Spiritually Born AGain Man).

Born of water= natural birth, and Born of the Spirit is when the natural man is infilled by the Holy Spirit and cleansed of all SIN.

Catholics (and some others) like to force "baptism" into the passage, but it simply doesn't fit the context.
While I don't think John 3:5 is referring to water baptism itself, I do think it is referring to John's baptism. Not the baptism itself, but the repentance associated with John's baptism. Approaching God in repentance isn't enough by itself to see and enter into the kingdom of God. You have to also be born again, from above, by the Spirit. Repentance births a natural man. One who doesn't inherit the kingdom of God. The Spirit births the spiritual man who does.

"6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit." John 3:6
Paul explains this difference between being born of flesh and being born of Spirit in Galatians:

"the son born by the flesh persecuted the son born by the Spirit." Galatians 4:29
The natural effort of repentance (represented in John's water baptism) births a natural person. That's the effort of flesh giving birth to flesh. The Spirit, on the other hand, births a spiritual person. That's Spirit giving birth to spirit. Jesus is telling Nicodemus that the repentance associated with John's baptism, though necessary, is not enough to see and enter into the kingdom.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO now go ahead and rationalize away 1 John 2:27 which disagrees with your "interpretation".

We all know that Rome has a visceral FEAR of their people reading the Bible for themselves (since it might lead their victims away from Catholic "theological Paradigms").
Another idiotic claiim from yet another cluless anti-Catholic.
Time for a History Lesson . . .

First of all - virtually the ENTIRE Bible is read aloud and discussed during the Liturgy of the Word at mass during any given 3-year cycle.

Secondly - it might interest you to know that aas much as 85% of the entire world was functionally illiterate prior to the 19th century. So, the idea that the Catholic Church kept the Bible "away" from the public is complete anti-historucal nonsense.

The printing press wasan't even invented until the 15th century. PRIOR to this - Bibles were HANDWRITTEN, took YEARS to complete and were very expensive to produce. For this reason, they were chaoined to pulpits. Since ONLY the rich had the means to have a Bible unofficially produced - they paid non-qualified people to transcribe them, resulting in MAY ERRORS.

The Church, at the Counciol of Toulouse put their foot down on this practice and issued a prohibition the copying and ownership of these spurious nersions of the Bible.
So, since the vast majority of the public could NOT afford a handwritten Bible - or had the abiliuty to READ it - this prohibition ONLY affected a select few.

This is a FAR cry for your moronic claim that the Church has a "visceral FEAR" of the people reading the Bible for themselves.

Next time - do your homework before you post.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, God, that brave men at the peril of life and limb bravely separated us from the falseness of the Catholic religion.
And yet, you can't substatiate your claim that Jesus had "siblings" - with the weight of Scripture against you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

away from truth and into error yes

the church has a duty from Christ to safeguard and teach the truth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

then why not go preaching accept Christ by faith alone?

they went to the river and baptized!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
away from truth and into error yes

the church has a duty from Christ to safeguard and teach the truth
SO when does the Roman Catholic religious system plan to start doing that??

I understand that your present Pope doesn't see Martin Luther as the enemy of the church any more. What's your rationalization for that???

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why not go preaching accept Christ by faith alone?

Which exactly what the Bible teaches Eph 2:8,9 in a nutshell.

they went to the river and baptized!
Just the same as We do. You get Born Again by FAITH, and then AS A CHRISTIAN, you get Baptized by Immersion as a visible testimony of what happened Spiritually.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
we must be instructed in the faith
Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31
That may be how your self experienced the rule of faith.

For me, the rule was demonstrated by Jesus Christ's truth, way, life and death on the cross. Christ was unconditional to the Truth, and became the embodiment of Faith. The real 'rule' of faith is unconditionality, a word which is the key between what is visible and invisible. Conditionality is the bondage of self. Unconditionality knows no bondage caused by fear (the source of conditionality).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO when does the Roman Catholic religious system plan to start doing that??

I understand that your present Pope doesn't see Martin Luther as the enemy of the church any more. What's your rationalization for that???

maybe he ain’t a valid pope?
I have my doubts

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which exactly what the Bible teaches Eph 2:8,9 in a nutshell.

Just the same as We do. You get Born Again by FAITH, and then AS A CHRISTIAN, you get Baptized by Immersion as a visible testimony of what happened Spiritually.

eph 2 refers to baptism

and Ephesians is a long way from Jn 3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For me, the rule was demonstrated by Jesus Christ's truth, way, life and death on the cross. Christ was unconditional to the Truth, and became the embodiment of Faith. The real 'rule' of faith is unconditionality, a word which is the key between what is visible and invisible. Conditionality is the bondage of self. Unconditionality knows no bondage caused by fear (the source of conditionality).

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

there are no personal “faith alone” covenants

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are no personal “faith alone” covenants
The proper phrase is "righteousness apart from works" (Romans 4:6).

The gospel of grace is all about a righteousness that comes from God, apart from what you do. Catholicism is all about the righteousness that comes from you in the satisfactory completion of various works.