What is the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B Basic
I Instruction
B Before
L Life
E Everlasting

Make sense?
Be
Instrumental
By
Loving
Everyone

Belief
Is
Basically
Loving
Elohiym (or Emmanuel)

By
Immanuel
Brought
Living (or Life)
Eden (or Everlasting)

Beloved
I
B
elieve
Lord
Elohiym (or Emmanuel)

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should not knowledge, true knowledge or knowledge from God, be revealed progressively to each of us if we growing as Jesus grew? Is not this to be us becoming more like Him during all of the time we have remaining to us? So then at what point do you suppose a person, or a group of persons, will be able, in his belief in Jesus, to do greater things even than Jesus?

The last days of all men? Perhaps they are, but for me is it not my own last days and what I do with them that will make the final difference to me in the eyes of God?

My personally determination alone has led me astray more than one time over the 79 years of my natural life. Along the way, I learned that I needed help. Help from the wrong person can be a disastrous thing. Jesus told us this:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me " John 14:6

And also this:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Yes... carefully examining the scriptures ourselves... while also leaning very heavily on God and asking for His help.

How does one prove that legitimacy?

I am listening my friend. Let us rejoice in the day that the Lord hath made. I hope to be here tomorrow.
Sorry that I have to break this up a bit Amad, I am very happy you have questions, so I am going to address them by categories sir.
The last days of all men?
Not really sir, the last days of satans world. The last days of this world is the time period spoken of in Mat 24 that would span from Jesus being enthroned as King in heaven, to the time he returned to remove the wicked from the earth. It would not exceed one generation's life span. Mat 24:32-34
Perhaps they are, but for me is it not my own last days and what I do with them that will make the final difference to me in the eyes of God?
Yes on an individual level, your salvation depends upon your listening to God's message, and what you do to support that message.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should not knowledge, true knowledge or knowledge from God, be revealed progressively to each of us if we growing as Jesus grew? Is not this to be us becoming more like Him during all of the time we have remaining to us? So then at what point do you suppose a person, or a group of persons, will be able, in his belief in Jesus, to do greater things even than Jesus?

The last days of all men? Perhaps they are, but for me is it not my own last days and what I do with them that will make the final difference to me in the eyes of God?

My personally determination alone has led me astray more than one time over the 79 years of my natural life. Along the way, I learned that I needed help. Help from the wrong person can be a disastrous thing. Jesus told us this:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me " John 14:6

And also this:

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Yes... carefully examining the scriptures ourselves... while also leaning very heavily on God and asking for His help.

I am listening my friend. Let us rejoice in the day that the Lord hath made. I hope to be here tomorrow.

And also this:

Yes sir, Jesus did in fact send that comforter, and it is recorded for us in Acts chapter 2. Keep in mind however, Jesus was speaking to his apostles, not to the entire assembly of God. Those apostles that receive and anointed by holy spirit, are bought from among mankind for a special purpose. They are:
(1 Peter 2:9, 10) . . .you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies” of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 For you were once not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not been shown mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And also this:

And also this:

You answered this question yourself Amad:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And also this:

I hope you are here as well sir, It is a pleasure to find someone who is truly interested. See you tomorrow my friend Amadeus. Bob

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole Bible is fascinating of course, but people should stay focussed on the gospels more than any other part of it because-
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)

That's why Paul had to warn people not to get bogged down in long-winded intense theology-
Paul said - "I am worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
They are certainly my favorite Drop. But remember the entire Bible was given to us by God, no doubt He had a reason for doing so. Our personal preferences shouldn't make us think that the rest is less important. We are currently studying 1 Chronicles, and although it if far from being enjoyable to me, I realize that God inspired it for a reason. If you are one of God's people, then it is your heritage, make sense?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus often quoted from the Old T, but if God wanted us to stick with the Old, he wouldn't have sent Jesus to give us the New..:)
Jesus said-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)
That is obviously fallacious and nothing more than a reflection of modern thinking against the Bible.

Have you ever read a NT writer saying that the OT is no longer useful for Christians? Jesus?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are certainly my favorite Drop. But remember the entire Bible was given to us by God, no doubt He had a reason for doing so..

Yes, the Old T certainly laid the groundwork for the New T-
"God spoke through the prophets, but in these last days through his son" (Heb 1:1/2)
And Jesus recognised the value of the Old-
Jesus said- "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matt 5:17)

And people quickly realised-
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"Through Jesus we are saved, and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"Jesus is worthy of more honour than Moses" (Heb 3:3)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"We serve in the new way of the spirit, not in the old way of the written code" (Rom 7:6)
"The veil covers the old covenant, but is removed by Jesus" (2 Cor 3:12)
"The first covenant had rules of worship, but Jesus's rules are not man-made" (Heb 9:1-15)
"Christ is the end of the law" (Rom 10:4)

"Jesus gives us all we need for life" (2 Pet 1:3)

So they knew they must stay Jesus-focussed-
School's out..:)
"The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster, but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)

Satan of course doesn't want people to stay Jesus-focussed, that's why he spreads the lie that people need to read the whole Bible to understand Jesus, a lie that must put many people off Christianity because they look at a big thick Bible and think "I'll never understand that lot", and I bet satan is chuckling.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a saying that says: "he who does not know his history is doomed to repeat it".

Did you know that Abraham's genetic descendants were chosen to be a separate nation from all nations and supposed to hold a special place for the Creator of the world?

Well, if you don't read the OT you will never know why the Creator rejected them.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously some people don't seem to know what is the real importance of the Word of God:

Heb. 4:12 For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart.

It is there where we can know the revealed truth coming from God and we can receive power from what we read there, because it was inspired by the holy spirit of God.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a saying that says: "he who does not know his history is doomed to repeat it".

Did you know that Abraham's genetic descendants were chosen to be a separate nation from all nations and supposed to hold a special place for the Creator of the world?

Well, if you don't read the OT you will never know why the Creator rejected them.
Rejected them in part until the full number of Gentiles has been brought into the kingdom then all Israel will be saved.

Romans 11:25-27, "I want you to understand this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not claim to be wiser than you are: a hardening has come upon part of Israel until the full number of the gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“Out of Zion will come the Deliverer;
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.”
“And this is my covenant with them,
when I take away their sins.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Obviously some people don't seem to know what is the real importance of the Word of God:

Heb. 4:12 For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart.
Logos is the Bible now, hmm

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, Jesus did in fact send that comforter, and it is recorded for us in Acts chapter 2. Keep in mind however, Jesus was speaking to his apostles, not to the entire assembly of God. Those apostles that receive and anointed by holy spirit, are bought from among mankind for a special purpose. They are:
(1 Peter 2:9, 10) . . .you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies” of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 For you were once not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not been shown mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Let us however keep our ears open to hear His voice when he speaks to us. He may do so through the very words originally spoken to those early apostles. Who are we to limit God/

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B........I......B......L.......E !
a........n.....e......e........a
s........s.....f.......a........r
i.........t......o......v........t
c........r......e.......i........h
..........u..............n
..........c..............g
..........t
..........I
..........o
..........n
..........s

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus !
I have studied and prayed and feasted @ your word !
I'M READY FOR
YOUR RETURN AND I
LOOK TO YOUR COMING!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the full on** ARCHAIC** King James Version better, Screenshot_20230114-223126~2.png

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do like your acronym. :) How do you like this one. All men will know you are My disciples by your love and the 2 great commandments to love God and your neighbor. Love never fails.

B Believers
I Inspired
B Book
L Loving
E Everyone

:)
I do my utmost to live them Chris, although I admit it is hard, and can be difficult to observe brothers and sisters living it as well at times. But you definitely picked prime Scriptures to post sir.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B........I......B......L.......E !
a........n.....e......e........a
s........s.....f.......a........r
i.........t......o......v........t
c........r......e.......i........h
..........u..............n
..........c..............g
..........t
..........I
..........o
..........n
..........s

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus !
I have studied and prayed and feasted @ your word !
I'M READY FOR
YOUR RETURN AND I
LOOK TO YOUR COMING!
Are you among the few who are leaving the earth Ket? Fantastic! Give us a little heads up on what you will do there.

• Love
Reactions: ChristisGod

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be
Instrumental
By
Loving
Everyone

Belief
Is
Basically
Loving
Elohiym (or Emmanuel)

By
Immanuel
Brought
Living (or Life)
Eden (or Everlasting)

Beloved
I
B
elieve
Lord
Elohiym (or Emmanuel)
I might point out that Elohim is not Emmanuel, but is however part of it. Elohim is rendered God in English and Emmanuel is rendered God with us.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Old T certainly laid the groundwork for the New T-
"God spoke through the prophets, but in these last days through his son" (Heb 1:1/2)
And Jesus recognised the value of the Old-
Jesus said- "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them" (Matt 5:17)

And people quickly realised-
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"Through Jesus we are saved, and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"Jesus is worthy of more honour than Moses" (Heb 3:3)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"We serve in the new way of the spirit, not in the old way of the written code" (Rom 7:6)
"The veil covers the old covenant, but is removed by Jesus" (2 Cor 3:12)
"The first covenant had rules of worship, but Jesus's rules are not man-made" (Heb 9:1-15)

"Christ is the end of the law" (Rom 10:4)
"Jesus gives us all we need for life" (2 Pet 1:3)

So they knew they must stay Jesus-focussed-
School's out..:)
"The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster, but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)

Satan of course doesn't want people to stay Jesus-focussed, that's why he spreads the lie that people need to read the whole Bible to understand Jesus, a lie that must put many people off Christianity because they look at a big thick Bible and think "I'll never understand that lot", and I bet satan is chuckling.
Satan says read only part of the Bible? I think that statement speaks for itself sir. When Jesus said to Jehovah, your word is truth, what words do you think he was talking about Drop? There is no old and new testament, the Bible is complete. Man chose to give those titles to designate the Hebrew, and Greek written passages. It is just a name.

Reactions: Jim B