What is the book of Revelation really about?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because so far the regional ripples in history that bear similarities to the prophecied catastrophic events of Revelation have been mere fractals that prefigure the fullscale global dynamic prior to the destruction of the old universe and the creation of the new one.

Rev 21:1-4 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. (2) Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (3) And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. (4) And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

It could of been symbolic descriptions of judgement

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So the exhortation not to be deceived still stands because the man of sin/son of perdition as described has not been revealed, although many Popes have come and gone.
2Th 2:1-4 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, (2) not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. (3) Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, (4) who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

I think that it was Nero

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation isn't written in chronological order where the later chapters can be placed in time later than the earlier chapters. For example, Revelation 12 covers the entire time period of the last 2000 years in that one chapter. As does Revelation 13. Revelation 11 on the other hand focuses on what many scholars believe is the French revolution which have birth to atheism, which then he into one of the global beasts of the last days. Revelation 14 focuses on just the last couple hundred years, chapter 15 and 16 the very last days, while 17 cubers Shaun the whole last 2000 years.

Yes I know that it’s not written in chronological order

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why was it written to seven literal past churches?
The Revelation was written to the 7 churches chapters 2-4 (The Things Which Are) and to the future Church Chapters 5-22 (The Things Which Shall Be Hereafter) it's that simple

Revelation 1:19KJV
19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Revelation was written to the 7 churches chapters 2-4 (The Things Which Are) and to the future Church Chapters 5-22 (The Things Which Shall Be Hereafter) it's that simple

Revelation 1:19KJV
19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

But Jesus states that the whole message was for the seven church’s in the very last chapter

Revelation 22:16
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that it was Nero

Preterism in 1st century fulfillment (Wrong)

The (Man Of Sin) seen in 2 Thessalonians 2 couldn't be Nero, he died by suicide having his private secretary kill him 68AD

The scripture clearly teaches the (Man Of Sin) will be destroyed by the Lord at his second coming (Future), seen in verse 8 below, clear, simple, easy to understand, will you continue to promote Preterist 1st century fulfillment?

2 Thessalonians 2:3-8KJV
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation isn't written in chronological order where the later chapters can be placed in time later than the earlier chapters.
That is simply not the case. While there may be parenthetical sections, Revelation flows in chronological order from start to finish. God does not indulge in confusing people nor in confusion. The confusion arises when people misinterpret this book.

The Bible itself is written in chronological order. And Revelation shows its chronology on the face of it.
Seven Seals--->1 2 3 4 5 6 7
7th Seal--->Seven Trumpets 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
7th Trumpet---> Seven Vials 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Do we see this mishmash anywhere? 2 5 4 6 3 7 1

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Jesus states that the whole message was for the seven church’s in the very last chapter

Revelation 22:16
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”
Awesome!

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Preterism in 1st century fulfillment (Wrong)

The (Man Of Sin) seen in 2 Thessalonians 2 couldn't be Nero, he died by suicide having his private secretary kill him 68AD

The scripture clearly teaches the (Man Of Sin) will be destroyed by the Lord at his second coming (Future), seen in verse 8 below, clear, simple, easy to understand, will you continue to promote Preterist 1st century fulfillment?

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Im not a preterist more of a partial one but Jesus came in judgement against him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the book of Revelation about to you?
The book of Revelation can be summed up in two words:
DIVINE JUDGMENTS FOLLOWED BY DIVINE GOVERNMENT.

Even the letters to the seven churches are judgments.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The book of Revelation can be summed up in two words:
DIVINE JUDGMENTS FOLLOWED BY DIVINE GOVERNMENT.

Even the letters to the seven churches are judgments.

It’s more than that it’s also warnings instructions and promises of hope

My point is that Jesus came to fulfill the law and put an end to the temple sacrificial age if revelation doesn’t show that then the bible misses the end of the temple age. Thus I believe that revelation is a transition from the old covenant to the new covenant and the earthly Jerusalem (Babylon the great) to the heavenly Jerusalem

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not a preterist more of a partial one but Jesus came in judgement against him
You promote the false teachings in Preterism, and 1st century fulfillment (Wrong)

Jesus Christ hasnt come and destroyed the (Man Of Sin), as you claim this happened to Nero in 68AD "False"

The (Man Of Sin) seen in 2 Thessalonians 2 couldn't be Nero, he died by suicide having his private secretary kill him in 68AD

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the book of Revelation really about?
It is letting us in on the various forces operating on the stage and behind it so we can track history's run and know where we are in the timeline....and identify the issues which make up the great controversy being played out.

Reactions: Brakelite

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is letting us in on the various forces operating on the stage and behind it so we can track history's run and know where we are in the timeline....and identify the issues which make up the great controversy being played out.
The Great Controversy?

Ssnet.org
All humanity is now involved in a great controversy between Christ and Satan regarding the character of God, His law, and His sovereignty over the universe.

The False Prophetess In Ellen G. White, 2,000+ Dreams And Visions?

The Author Of Revelation, John The Apostle Is Jealous At Those False Claims

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don't believe there is a controversy going on....even a great one?
Do you follow the teachings of 7th Day Adventist (Ellen G. White), In Her Self Proclaimed 2,000+ Dreams And Visions?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is simply not the case. While there may be parenthetical sections, Revelation flows in chronological order from start to finish. God does not indulge in confusing people nor in confusion. The confusion arises when people misinterpret this book.

The Bible itself is written in chronological order. And Revelation shows its chronology on the face of it.
Seven Seals--->1 2 3 4 5 6 7
7th Seal--->Seven Trumpets 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
7th Trumpet---> Seven Vials 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Do we see this mishmash anywhere? 2 5 4 6 3 7 1

Just to clarify, the books of the Bible as published by convention, are not all in chronological order, but their narratives are.

From memory, as per Greek tradition, the NT epistles were actually arranged by authors in order of length, from longest to shortest.

I agree with the cadence of the Book of Revelation based on consecutive sevens.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don't believe there is a controversy going on....even a great one?
No one recognizes the last 1991 years as the great tribulation. Not the time of greatest tribulation. Perhaps the controversy has always been if it is tribulation or not?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one recognizes the last 1991 years as the great tribulation. Not the time of greatest tribulation. Perhaps the controversy has always been if it is tribulation or not?
The Controversy started in Heaven with Lucifer who was thrown to the Earth and it continues with and amongst Earth's inhabitants