What is the burned over district?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea or nay? Why when more according to your response is needed so that you understand? Below was my response:

So, then who is both head and foundation of the Body of Christ... that is to say, the Church?

"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." Eph 5:23

"According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:10-11

Where and what then is the Church of which according to Paul, Jesus is the Head? Where is the Body? How are the various parts prepared and connected?

"But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And if they were all one member, where were the body?" I Cor 12:18-19

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." I Cor 12:27

Yes Christ is the head and we adore the body!

now why did he found the church?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Christ is the head and we adore the body!

now why did he found the church?
Did you still not understand what I have been saying with those verses I quoted?

Where was it that Jesus had to lay his head when he walked around planet Earth 2000 years ago as the son of man? There was then no Body of Christ!

Until believers could be properly prepared and fitted into the places, which God had for them, Jesus had no Body on which to rest. Jesus was the Head. We have the opportunity to be part of the Body. What does it take to become a part? Then again has not God made it a two-way street?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
we are the body!
All believers committed to a personal relationship with Jesus are the body of Christ, it's not the privilege of any particular denomination.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All believers committed to a personal relationship with Jesus are the body of Christ, it's not the privilege of any particular denomination.

no that would be a pan-Christian
Lacking the unity of the spirit in the faith

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
no that would be a pan-Christian
Lacking the unity of the spirit in the faith
We have the unity of the spirit because it is the same Spirit who is in us all.
You really need to find some websites which tell it like it is without the Catholic slant. But I think you daren't.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have the unity of the spirit because it is the same Spirit who is in us all.
You really need to find some websites which tell it like it is without the Catholic slant. But I think you daren't.

only those in Christ, have you put on Christ?