What is the enlightenment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
atheism reason without faith
Man independence from God
Really and what about these?

"For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness" Psalm 18:28

"The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints," Eph. 1:18

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes true enlightenment is from God!

the light of faith!

reason is defective, part of fallen human nature, cos of original sin

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another entertainer who just shut up and entertain!

A quintessential atheist enlightenment nut job!

steven fry!

ever notice these people are not just lacking knowledge of God or are agnostic, they hate God! With the seething energies of Lucifer the hate God, they hate the whole idea of God! They hate Jesus Christ and his holy church the kingdom of God on earth!

the philosophical enlightenment is the greatest dark ages ever!

The outer darkness and gnashing of teeth!

faithless barbarians!

who will pray for them?

precious blood of Jesus, save us!

Psalm 68
Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. ...

Psalm 84:9 9 Behold, O God our protector, and look upon the face of thine Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3
This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, ...

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The enlightenment that produced the Renaissance was a light that began the process that broke the bonds of of humility that comes with virtue and unleashed the ego and the light of darkness.

The forbidden fruit offered enlightenment in Eve but it is the light of darkness.
The light that God gives doesn't enlighten our mind to worldly fulfillment but enlightens our soul to knowledge of God and consequently knowledge of our hidden self.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The enlightenment that produced the Renaissance was a light that began the process that broke the bonds of of humility that comes with virtue and unleashed the ego and the light of darkness.

The forbidden fruit offered enlightenment in Eve but it is the light of darkness.
The light that God gives doesn't enlighten our mind to worldly fulfillment but enlightens our soul to knowledge of God and consequently knowledge of our hidden self.

yes there is no greater darkness than atheism!

And the enlightenment is fully responsible for the horrors of the Nazi party due to the errors of neitzche and the communists who killed a hundred million plus