What is the High Calling in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like these verses that I believe are part of what is being talked about here:

Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

1Co 15:49

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

2Co 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Anyone have any thoughts on how we get there? I've long felt that I'm lacking and falling short. Follow/obey the Lord and stay on the narrow path is all I know to do. The Israelites were chastised by the Lord for not having faith to cross the Jordan, and this was long after they had crossed the Red Sea. So I believe faith is certainly involved. Is this the extra oil that the wise virgins had with them?

Hey Lizbeth! :)

Good post. The extra oil is the full measure of grace that must be purchased at the throne of grace. being born again is only a sample...or an aravon...downpayment...given to us in order to sample what costs us EVERYTHING to have. Think the parable of the pearl or the field. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anyone have any thoughts on how we get there?

et me show you where your discipleship is supposed to ARRIVE.

Paul Teaching..

1.) "As many as be perfect"...(in UNDERSTANDING) See that? That is the arrival place.

2.)"the fullness of the stature of Christ"..... See that, that is the arrival place.

3.) "Having the same mind"....... = arrival place

4.) "Christ always gives me the VICTORY".....= arrival place.

See those 4?
Those are where we are to MATURE INTO, regarding our Discipleship.
Now, that is not your SALVATiON....as your Salvation is Christ on the Cross, 2000 ago....dying for all you sin.
And when you trust in Christ....GOD imparts<>imputes, unto you, what Christ has FINISHED, on the Cross.....2000 yrs ago.
And what is that...?

1.) The GIFT of Salvation
2.) The Gift of Righteousness.

See those 2?
You have those if you are born again, and that does not mean water baptized...it means BORN AGAIN, Spiritually.
So, if you are born again, you have those 2 Gifts. You Have Salvation and you HAVE God's Righteousness that is to be "In Christ"

From there, now having SALVATION, you are to become those 1st 4 in the list.

How? = By working out your Salvation that you HAVE been GIVEN as a GIFT.

How do you work it out? Well, not by works.
Always understand that Salvation is CHRIST on the Cross, and Discipleship is your exiting in that Salvation .= "IN CHRIST"...> Learning how.
See, Salvation is SPIRITUAL and has to do with the Born again SPIRIT.....so, to work out your Salvation is first.... to understand that the "new creation in Christ" is not your body or your mind.. .Its your SPIRIT that is Born again.. As that is the SON/Daughter of God.

So, you have to understand that, perfectly, asap, as that is the first step towards, perfecting your Discipleship......

Your discipleship is perfected by you perfectly understanding who you have become as a "new creation IN Christ". as that is to have the "renewed mind".
95% of Christians never understand this, and die trying to be good, instead of allowing the understanding of God's Grace to empower them to exist right here... = "Christ always Gives me the VICTORY"... over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Most Christians are trying by self effort to do what only Christ in you can do, through you.
And when you live in that wrong mind of faith...Christ says..."apart from me, you can do NOTHING".

Notice this verse... Hebrews 13:9.... Its says you have to establish your HEART with Grace.
This means you have to understand who you have become as a new creation as Christ, which is the born again SPIRIT.
Then you have to settle it in your heart that God's GRACE, this gift of Salvation, is all that God offers you to get you into heaven.
You have to discipline your mind and thinking, so that you never lose that REAL FAITH, and become a person with broken faith who BELIEVES that you have to do things to go to heaven, VS, only BELIEVING that God's Grace, (Christ on the Cross). is why you are saved and stay saved.

So, work on that in your understanding, and you'll begin find yourself beyond the "trying to be good", mind, as that mind is not how you grow in Grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your church look like what we read in Acts 2? How many believers do you know who are...

1. walking as Jesus walked, holy and without sin?
2. killed for the Lord's sake?
We try to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. God makes us holy, we don't, nor can we.
Jesus washed away our sins.
AS in Acts 2, we are baptized by the Holy Spirit and are born again. He gives us spiritual gifts.

What have you seen of Zion where God dwells?
Jesus will return and dwell there during the Millennial Kingdom.
You are mistaken if you think Zion is heaven!
It is a physical place.
Jerusalem is sometimes referred to as Zion. But more specifically, Mount Zion is the high hill on which David built a citadel. It is on the southeast side of the city. It essentially means "fortification" and has the idea of being "raised up" as a "monument." Zion is described both as the city of David and the city of God.

If you believe the testimony of Jesus...REALLY believe His testimony....then you will open your mind to hearing that ALL the virgins of Israel (spiritual Israel) will fall into a deep sleep. (Matt. 25)
I really do believe!
Spiritual Israel? Virgins? Oh, I suppose you think the church has replaced Israel, in other words the Church is Israel? That is Replacement Theology and is wrong. God is not done with Israel yet and there is a clear distinction between Israel ( the physical blood descendants and land area) and the Church. (Read Romans 11). And the virgins you mentioned, do you mean the virgins mentioned in Rev. 14, the 144k Jews chosen feom the 12 tribes during the Great Tribulation? God hasn't given them the Mark of God yet - but will soon.

Do you understand things on an eternal scale?
You would have to be God. I suppose you are claiming that knowledge?

***Non-Trinitarians should not be trying to teach anyone, they are just all goofed up about Jesus, the nature of God. You can't even explain fundamental concepts like the ones you just tried to.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We try to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. God makes us holy, we don't, nor can we.
Jesus washed away our sins.
AS in Acts 2, we are baptized by the Holy Spirit and are born again. He gives us spiritual gifts.

Jesus will return and dwell there during the Millennial Kingdom.
You are mistaken if you think Zion is heaven!
It is a physical place.
Jerusalem is sometimes referred to as Zion. But more specifically, Mount Zion is the high hill on which David built a citadel. It is on the southeast side of the city. It essentially means "fortification" and has the idea of being "raised up" as a "monument." Zion is described both as the city of David and the city of God.

I really do believe!
Spiritual Israel? Virgins? Oh, I suppose you think the church has replaced Israel, in other words the Church is Israel? That us Replacement Theology and is wrong. God us not done with Israel yet and the is a clear distinction between Israel ( the physical blood descendants and la d area) and the Church. (Read Romans 11). And the virgins you mentioned, do you mean the virgins mentioned in Rev. 14, the 144k Jews chosen feom the 12 tribes during the Great Tribulation? God hasn't given them the Mark of God yet - but will soon.

You would have to be God. I suppose you are claiming that knowledge?

***Non-Trinitarians should not be trying to teach anyone, they are just all goofed up about Jesus, the nature of God. You can't even explain fundamental concepts like the ones you just tried to.

You are stuck between testaments in your understanding. First comes the physical, then the spiritual. You have fully misunderstood the scale of the calling that is in Christ. (and pushed into an afterlife)

Also, I am a Binatarian...like the early Christians. :) The Trinity idea denies the power of the Spirit in order to give an ecclesiastical hierarchy a handle on God in name only...but without any power.

Baptizing in the 'name" of the Spirit is not the same as being baptized in the POWER of the Spirit. But for men to have control over the church a way had to be found to negate the power that comes from the living God and the humility required to be an actual servant of God...waiting on Him for power and the truth.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, I am a Binatarian...like the early Christians. :) The Trinity idea denies the power of the Spirit in order to give an ecclesiastical hierarchy a handle on God in name only...but without any power.
The Spirit is fully God. Why would you think anyone could possibly deny God of anything?
The Spirit is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. He is in pure unity with the Father and the Son. God is Spirit, God is One.

Baptizing in the 'name" of the Spirit is not the same as being baptized in the POWER of the Spirit. But for men to have control over the church a way had to be found to negate the power that comes from the living God and the humility required to be an actual servant of God...waiting on Him for power and the truth.
More warped thinking. Where do you get this junk theology? From the University of the All Wise Binatarians? It is apparent you don't understand that being baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit means that you acknowledge Him as God and receive Him. He dwells in the Born Again Christian. He is a person, not just a name floating under in our minds. He guides us, comforts us, teaches, empowers, sanctifies, communes with us, chastises, justifies us, loves us, and much more - all that God is and does for us, all the truth that Jesus gave us is available in Him. We have access to this power.
Sure the Catholic Church went off track and wrongly expressed and reflected God. I think we are all guilty of grieving the Spirit in one way or another and certainly in humility is the only way we can commune with Spirit.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone have any thoughts on how we get there? I've long felt that I'm lacking and falling short.

Consistently trusting in God, and believing everything He was written to us. I'm lacking too. We need to choose to return to trust every time we realize we've left trusting God. If you want to discuss this more I'd be happy to share what I've learned.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now your claim that spiritually was somehow lost centuries ago is absurd. It is and continues to be preached and understood in probably hundreds of thousands of churches. GOD IS SOVEREIGN. This means His plan is going along exactly how He designed it. He allows for evil and factors on all our blunders and errors into His perfect plan. Or would you stand there and tell Him He's failing? All who are written to the Book of Life are predestined to be saved. No one is lost that He has in mind to save.
So what is the High calling? Two things.
1. He first draws us to Himself, an inner calling and an outward calling by which He orchestrates events and people in our lives so that we can hear and read His Word.
2. Once we are saved, He equips us with spiritual gifts and some sort of mission/calling to do. We are to be salt and light and when prompted, share the gospel.
Yep, another "The Church is a Failure". I don't buy into that myself.

If I were to declare you faulty, well, maybe that's just my opinion, but what I see a lot of is that it's not an opinion, it's a self-affirmation. Without exception the lesser is blessed by the greater. And the one who gives their judgment of another sits themself above that other as their judge. And enjoys that high opinion of themself.

I've seen that those with overly high opinions of them self tend to be the quickest to declare others wrong, carnal, presumptuous, whatever, and as in so many cases, what they say of others is actually true of them selves.

It's sad, it's harmful, and it clutters up good threads.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lizbeth! :)

Good post. The extra oil is the full measure of grace that must be purchased at the throne of grace. being born again is only a sample...or an aravon...downpayment...given to us in order to sample what costs us EVERYTHING to have. Think the parable of the pearl or the field. :)
Sample? I don't see that in the text, can you elaborate?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have to understand that, perfectly, asap, as that is the first step towards, perfecting your Discipleship......

Your discipleship is perfected by you perfectly understanding who you have become as a "new creation IN Christ". as that is to have the "renewed mind".
95% of Christians never understand this, and die trying to be good, instead of allowing the understanding of God's Grace to empower them to exist right here... = "Christ always Gives me the VICTORY"... over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Most Christians are trying by self effort to do what only Christ in you can do, through you.
And when you live in that wrong mind of faith...Christ says..."apart from me, you can do NOTHING".
Amen!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity idea denies the power of the Spirit in order to give an ecclesiastical hierarchy a handle on God in name only...but without any power.
How so? I don't think that is correct.

Perhaps the error is in thinking that the Spirit of God that goes forth unto us is somehow not itself living, just a force possessed by another. God who is the author of life, in Whom all live and have their being, His Spirit is not an insensate force, but is the Person of God Himself, and living in those who are His.

Much love!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, another "The Church is a Failure". I don't buy into that myself.

If I were to declare you faulty, well, maybe that's just my opinion, but what I see a lot of is that it's not an opinion, it's a self-affirmation. Without exception the lesser is blessed by the greater. And the one who gives their judgment of another sits themself above that other as their judge. And enjoys that high opinion of themself.

I've seen that those with overly high opinions of them self tend to be the quickest to declare others wrong, carnal, presumptuous, whatever, and as in so many cases, what they say of others is actually true of them selves.

It's sad, it's harmful, and it clutters up good threads.

No Offence, (Not trying to pick a debate) but you probably would have been one of the ones chopping heads off of prophets with this attitude.... Sometimes God uses people like this to show the church when it falls into hypocrisy or carnality or complacency, and it is unwise to ignore someone God has sent to warn the church. Dismissing these messages is detrimental. Like praying the prayer of the pharisee instead of the publican. (Luke 18:9-14)

Reactions: Mr E

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sample? I don't see that in the text, can you elaborate?

I Don't agree with @Episkopos Binatarian stance, I see the HS as God with us, Emmannuel, fully God but the basis for this argument is the difference between the earnest and and the fulness of The Spirit from scripture. When we are born again we receive the earnest of the Spirit, the fulness comes later. It does not come specifically from the text in Matthew 25 but the rest of scripture backs this up, particularly the writings of Paul (2 Corinthians 1:22, Acts 7:55)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Offence, (Not trying to pick a debate) but you probably would have been one of the ones chopping heads off of prophets with this attitude....
If that's what you think, you don't know me in the slightest! And you do better to keep your negative opinions to yourself. Even to question yourself whether you should even be thinking such a thing.

But it is very self-affirming, that you can sit in judgment over another. Feel better now?

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's what you think, you don't know me in the slightest! And you do better to keep your negative opinions to yourself. Even to question yourself whether you should even be thinking such a thing.

But it is very self-affirming, that you can sit in judgment over another. Feel better now?

What I am saying is that with the attitude that all people who confront you on a certain set of beliefs that you hold are just condemning you and self-affirming themselves, you could be missing out on a messenger sent from God to show you this error in your life. You read a "negative comment", where there is an analogy for why this is an errant attitude... I Am comparing this attitude to the killing of the Prophets of old who were sent by God.... It really is no different, and if you were honest you would admit this. (Hebrews 13:2) There would be no need for the office of Prophet if the church was perfect and true, History has shown, she is prone to error, and in need of correction, these are just facts. God sends his called out ones to send those messages and often times they are not the high and mighty in the church, but the broken vessels he has been molding to his holy use. By having this attitude you belittle and begrudge the messenger of God unawares.... BTW angels are messengers from God

1. a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God
G32 - angelos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv) (blueletterbible.org)

Reactions: Mr E

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you could be missing out on a messenger sent from God to show you this error in your life.
That's a poor assumption to make in my opinion. What do you actually know about my spiritual life? Seriously?

where there is an analogy for why this is an errant attitude...
Compare everything to Scripture, and compare attitudes as expressed in peoples, and your, words, compare these to the way the Bible discribes the children of God, and pray for the wisdom and discernment to understand. There is much that may be understood in God's wisdom.

What I am saying is that with the attitude that all people who confront you on a certain set of beliefs that you hold are just condemning you and self-affirming themselves,

Here you paint me in a certain way and it's not correct. So again we go down this road.

It's not good, so I'm signing off again.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a poor assumption to make in my opinion. What do you actually know about my spiritual life? Seriously?

It is pretty obvious you don't handle criticism very well.

Compare everything to Scripture, and compare attitudes as expressed in peoples, and your, words, compare these to the way the Bible discribes the children of God, and pray for the wisdom and discernment to understand. There is much that may be understood in God's wisdom.

Here you paint me in a certain way and it's not correct. So again we go down this road.

It's not good, so I'm signing off again.

Used to be that when a person had a correction or rebuke of the church it was not just brushed away as "self-affirmation" on the part of the person with the message, but it was carefully considered by the elders of the church, and Judged accordingly. This is the way it is supposed to be, but in this day of everyone being offended by criticism and rebuke and correction, the messages are ignored.... Like closing the door to the word of Knowledge given to that messenger.... is it any wonder the churches are dying?

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The HIGH CALLING in Christ is to be with Him on His throne in the third heaven. (Rev. 3: 21) The Body of Christ is called to be Kingpriests. (Rev. 1: 6)

And the third heaven is the ONLY realm where those two offices are together. Jesus Himself is the King(High)Priest and thus we, His body are one with Him. (Heb. 6: 20 7: 1 & 2)

In the other realms - the Universe and the earth, those two offices, king and priest are separate. (Rev. 21: 14, Rev. 14: 1) (isa. 66: 21, Rev. 21: 24)

So as the Apostle Paul encourages us - `to press toward the goal of the high, (on top) calling of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The HIGH CALLING in Christ is to be with Him on His throne in the third heaven. (Rev. 3: 21) The Body of Christ is called to be Kingpriests. (Rev. 1: 6)

And the third heaven is the ONLY realm where those two offices are together. Jesus Himself is the King(High)Priest and thus we, His body are one with Him. (Heb. 6: 20 7: 1 & 2)

In the other realms - the Universe and the earth, those two offices, king and priest are separate. (Rev. 21: 14, Rev. 14: 1) (isa. 66: 21, Rev. 21: 24)

So as the Apostle Paul encourages us - `to press toward the goal of the high, (on top) calling of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

I hear what you are saying although this is not accurate. We are called to walk with the Lord in Zion....which is an ongoing walk in the Spirit. The third heaven is for a temporary visit to the throne room of God. The throne room of God is for He that is holy holy holy.

The 3 heavens are the physical universe, Zion in the Spirit, and the throne room of God. No one can remain in the third heaven and still remain on Earth. Zion is where the saints walk with God. We are to seek to walk where Jesus abides with us...and where we can abide (remain) with Him.