What is the High Calling in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all by faith, yes I agree. Technically it's all ours, but in reality we aren't all walking in everything that is ours are we....we can see that with our own eyes looking at ourselves honestly and other believers. Kind of the "yes, but not yet" of things in reality. But we are to grow in the Lord. We must know there is a big difference between "ye are yet carnal" and "you who are spiritual" and grown into the full stature of Christ.

This is how I understand this....I'm seeing it that all the promises are ours, but we're on a journey of growth to apprehend them all. And His word is the light unto our path as we grow, the Lord leading us by His word and by His spirit. I think a few are like Joshua and Caleb and have grace to enter the land of promise quickly, while most of us have 40 years (or however long it takes) of wilderness trekking in order to die to ourselves, shedding our old man, so that we can enter. Everyone is given a measure of faith and grace in the beginning as the Lord apportions it...some have more, some less (parable of the talents)....but whatever measure we have received we are to keep growing and increasing in it. And we can only grow if we are paying the price to follow Jesus...staying on the narrow path and obeying Him and His leading even when it costs us.....don't be rolling off the altar......that is how we "buy the truth" and are buying more oil for our lamps, paying the price for it. If we are His legitimate children we undergo His discipline/chastisements of our flesh. "Be not surprised at the fiery ordeal...." because that is just the norm for His children. I had never heard this preached in the churches....it would have been very encouraging and strengthening if I had heard it earlier on, but the Lord began showing me these things after I left off with churches to follow Him outside the camp. I think sometimes you have to live it before you can see it.

As we are Christ's body on earth, we are filling up what remains of the sufferings of Christ.

Yes, I'm very much in agreement in these things!

:)

I've seen, as I understand things, where God has given gifts of faith to enable a sanctified life beyond one's level of maturity. I believe that sanctified life is the life of the mature Christian. Yes, sometimes we can be there quickly, sometimes it can take a lifetime, and sometimes God puts us there, or allows us to no longer be there. All for His Own reasons.

I compare spiritual immaturity to having millions of dollars in the bank, but living like a pauper because you don't know it's there. You are rich beyond your dreams, but you don't realize it, so you don't benefit.

I believe we are waiting for ourselves, and not another Spirit baptism. I believe that we can apprehend by faith all that God has promised us, because it is all ours in Christ, and having already given us Christ, He does not withhold anything else we need.

And this has put me at odds with some of the people here, who hold to a "latter rain" end times "second Pentecost", looking for when the Spirit will restore the church to unity and power. I believe we are actually to be edifying each other, and to be growing spiritually ourselves, in order to bring unity to the church. I believe the Spirit's power is in us now. But we choose fleshy things out of hidden fleshy motives, sometimes even hidden from ourselves. And tell ourselves we are waiting for that second outpouring.

And the same thing in our lives. We are remade by God in righteousness and holiness of truth. I remain fascinated with the nuances of the meaning of Ephesians 4:24. And we persist in not believing that. We are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to be walking in those works, but we don't believe, and therefore we don't walk. We choose fleshy things because we are used to being fleshy people, not because God hasn't provided for us what we need to live His Way.

As far as the fiery trial being taught in churches, yes, I've come to realize, largely from my forum participation, that I live in an area unlike many, as we have a good number of churches where all the Bible is taught, including the fiery trials, and the tribulations in the world. Of dying to self, and enduring. I'm very thankful for this!

Much love!

Reactions: Lizbeth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view is the mind is first, and the heart second, your view as I see it is the renewing of the mind is the final act...

You put a division between mind and heart that I don't, and then act as though your division defines what I'm saying, and that isn't valid.

Hebrews 4:12 KJV
12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The thoughts and intents of the heart. I don't see us as, "the mind has thoughts/ the heart has feelings/ one is renewed separate from the other".

I just stay with the Biblical terminology, for instance,

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You can talk about the renewing of the heart, but the Bible doesn't speak that way.

Ezekiel 36:25-26 KJV
25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Final act?

1 Corinthians 15:51-54 KJV
51) Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

So then as I don't speak in terms of "renewing the heart", understand, the Bible doesn't either. I don't have any issue with you thinking in these terms if it helps you to walk in faith.

True, But Many men fall into the errors of faithless men because they dismiss those sent to correct those errors as "self-affirming".

I'm simply saying "self affirmation" is often the reason why some will say things that are not so. When the one who claims to speak from God speaks falsely, there are a variety of reasons why that may be, and this is a very common one. To elevate one's self in one's own eyes. "I can sit in judgment over you because I am above you" is the idea.

People speak from ignorance sometimes, but pride prevents them from seeing that. They have the impetus of hubris. Indeed, it could simply come from being mistaken. Time has a way of sorting that out. Those who are sincere, and sincerely mistaken, will receive correction.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:9-16 KJV
9) There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10) For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13) Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

I was just going to quote vs 16, but then, the rest of this passage touches on so much of what's being written.

We enter His rest, unless we remain in unbelief.

We are naked before Him, nothing hidden, but our High Priest is touched with the feeling of our infirmities, so don't let go of your confession of faith! Instead, come boldly before the throne of grace. Boldly! to find grace for timely help.

Believe!

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm simply saying "self affirmation" is often the reason why some will say things that are not so. When the one who claims to speak from God speaks falsely, there are a variety of reasons why that may be, and this is a very common one. To elevate one's self in one's own eyes. "I can sit in judgment over you because I am above you" is the idea.

Are you not sitting in judgment over those who are sent as messengers by declaring that they are "self-affirming"? Are you not elevating yourself in not entertaining the idea that you could be in error and that messenger was sent to correct that error in you? Do You not see how this attitude in you CAN lead you to kill the prophets and messengers God sends?

The Proper approach is to be prayerful and self-reflective when someone brings a message or a correction to you.

God sent me with two messages, summed up in two phrases.
1 Can the teacher be taught: This pertains to the leaders in the churches, as to being so sure of their doctrine that they are no longer able to receive divine revelation from the Holy Ghost. You would be surprised how many Pastors have entrenched themself in this mindset, and it is the Laodicean mindset that says we are in need of nothing all the while Jesus is standing there knocking waiting to come into their churches and teach them especially in these end times.

2 It is not about me being right but us getting it right: This pertains to the sheep. We all know in part, and if our attitude is not right we will fail to grow the way the body was designed by God to grow into the Unity of the Spirit. If we as separate parts of the Body cannot come together the parts will remain separate and the whole truth will never be seen, and the "one accord" of the early church which produced the outpouring of the Gifts of the Spirit will never come to be (The latter rain).

The thing is, I Know God will fulfill this latter rain in the end times, But many will miss out. Messengers are sent as a final act of mercy on God's part to reach out to those who still have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. But many are "killed" figuratively and literally at the hands of those they are sent to bid to the feast.

God bless

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I'm very much in agreement in these things!

:)

I've seen, as I understand things, where God has given gifts of faith to enable a sanctified life beyond one's level of maturity. I believe that sanctified life is the life of the mature Christian. Yes, sometimes we can be there quickly, sometimes it can take a lifetime, and sometimes God puts us there, or allows us to no longer be there. All for His Own reasons.

I compare spiritual immaturity to having millions of dollars in the bank, but living like a pauper because you don't know it's there. You are rich beyond your dreams, but you don't realize it, so you don't benefit.

I believe we are waiting for ourselves, and not another Spirit baptism. I believe that we can apprehend by faith all that God has promised us, because it is all ours in Christ, and having already given us Christ, He does not withhold anything else we need.

And this has put me at odds with some of the people here, who hold to a "latter rain" end times "second Pentecost", looking for when the Spirit will restore the church to unity and power. I believe we are actually to be edifying each other, and to be growing spiritually ourselves, in order to bring unity to the church. I believe the Spirit's power is in us now. But we choose fleshy things out of hidden fleshy motives, sometimes even hidden from ourselves. And tell ourselves we are waiting for that second outpouring.

And the same thing in our lives. We are remade by God in righteousness and holiness of truth. I remain fascinated with the nuances of the meaning of Ephesians 4:24. And we persist in not believing that. We are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to be walking in those works, but we don't believe, and therefore we don't walk. We choose fleshy things because we are used to being fleshy people, not because God hasn't provided for us what we need to live His Way.

As far as the fiery trial being taught in churches, yes, I've come to realize, largely from my forum participation, that I live in an area unlike many, as we have a good number of churches where all the Bible is taught, including the fiery trials, and the tribulations in the world. Of dying to self, and enduring. I'm very thankful for this!

Much love!
I don't entirely disagree. And yet if even the Captain of our salvation was made perfect through suffering and death, and we are to follow in His footsteps, wouldn't the same apply to us as well? Just doesn't happen overnight, at least not for most of us.

I see in the story of the Israelites a pattern for the church, since the church in the wilderness is our ensample. There is something about having to cross the Jordan after having already been baptized in the Red Sea. How that manifests I don't know for sure. The Jordan was at flood stage (that has to mean something) and the Lord stopped the river all the way back upstream to a town called ADAM! Speaks to our Adamic nature, I believe. The Lord stopping the flow that proceeds from our Adamic nature? That gives me hope. Scripture says somewhere when the enemy comes in like a flood the Lord raises a banner against him. The bible also has a lot to say about waiting on the Lord... and also burying of the corn of wheat to die in order that it produce a crop. (Though the Lord may use different scriptures to speak to different people.)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you not sitting in judgment over those who are sent as messengers by declaring that they are "self-affirming"? Are you not elevating yourself in not entertaining the idea that you could be in error and that messenger was sent to correct that error in you? Do You not see how this attitude in you CAN lead you to kill the prophets and messengers God sends?

The Proper approach is to be prayerful and self-reflective when someone brings a message or a correction to you.

God sent me with two messages, summed up in two phrases.
1 Can the teacher be taught: This pertains to the leaders in the churches, as to being so sure of their doctrine that they are no longer able to receive divine revelation from the Holy Ghost. You would be surprised how many Pastors have entrenched themself in this mindset, and it is the Laodicean mindset that says we are in need of nothing all the while Jesus is standing there knocking waiting to come into their churches and teach them especially in these end times.

2 It is not about me being right but us getting it right: This pertains to the sheep. We all know in part, and if our attitude is not right we will fail to grow the way the body was designed by God to grow into the Unity of the Spirit. If we as separate parts of the Body cannot come together the parts will remain separate and the whole truth will never be seen, and the "one accord" of the early church which produced the outpouring of the Gifts of the Spirit will never come to be (The latter rain).

The thing is, I Know God will fulfill this latter rain in the end times, But many will miss out. Messengers are sent as a final act of mercy on God's part to reach out to those who still have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. But many are "killed" figuratively and literally at the hands of those they are sent to bid to the feast.

God bless
I haven't been here very long and don't know what has been said about latter rain....but I believe it does apply to the church because James talks about it:

Jas 5:7-8

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

And the book of Esther is a living parable for what happens at the end.

Reactions: David H.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jordan was at flood stage (that has to mean something) and the Lord stopped the river all the way back upstream to a town called ADAM! Speaks to our Adamic nature, I believe. The Lord stopping the flow that proceeds from our Adamic nature? That gives me hope. Scripture says somewhere when the enemy comes in like a flood the Lord raises a banner against him. The bible also has a lot to say about waiting on the Lord... and also burying of the corn of wheat to die in order that it produce a crop. (Though the Lord may use different scriptures to speak to different people.)
Very good observation!

The text you cited is from Joshua 3:16. It says "in Adam" (be-Adam). So the second blessing...or baptism of the Spirit, takes us from being IN Adam to being IN Christ. Being crucified in the inner man allows us to cross over into Zion in order to abide in Christ...and be where He is with the keeping power of a heart connection to the living God. This is the high calling which is a betrothal to the King of kings.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To make sure I understand rightly, your thinking here is that,

Water baptism makes us a part of the body of Christ but does not bring us into Christ Himself, is that the idea?

Much love!
I had to give that some thought too. I believe our brother is speaking of the 'many are called, few are chosen' principle. Initially our faith walk is very corporate....we worship, pray and get involved in church activities corporately and our faith walk really relies on that in the beginning, relying on mother church to keep our faith going as it were. Like Esther was scooped up with many other maidens and became part of the King's harem at first. Then some will be separated out from the harem to meet with the King alone. It comes down to the individual soul how closely each one will draw near to the King personally, trusting in Him, pleasing Him, counting the cost, and maturing spiritually, etc. We're given the allegory of all entering the race, but only 'one' winning the race, ie, a relative few. Watching an earthly race, you see the winner separating from the pack and being out front of the pack when he crosses the finish line. Only 'one' becomes Bride, and that is by definition not corporate, but alone personally. Part of holiness involves being set apart, separated out (for the King).

Sng 6:8-10

There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number. (corporate body)

My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners? (warrior Bride at the coming of the Lord...His army)

I believe this is tied to our own choices and walk, but also at the same time God's choice and gift, according to His foreknowledge.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you not sitting in judgment over those who are sent as messengers by declaring that they are "self-affirming"?
I'm saying that when someone comes to you with "A word from the Lord for you", and when it's not accurate, you know it, right? So if I say, God told me to tell you to make amends with your sister from your mother's first marraige, and you don't have a sister, you may ask, why would I say such a thing?

And often times the answer is, it's self-affirming to act that way.

So I'm sharing some information that one may take ahold of or not, may use in their self reflection or not, it's up to the individual. And as we try to understand why others act the way they do, this is sometimes the reason.

Let the one with understanding show it in their conduct. That's also from James.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet if even the Captain of our salvation was made perfect through suffering and death, and we are to follow in His footsteps, wouldn't the same apply to us as well? Just doesn't happen overnight, at least not for most of us.
Absolutely! No disagreement. (Don't just accept what some make me sound like)

How that manifests I don't know for sure.
It may be remedial, is what I think.

Had they believed, they would have gone from the Red Sea into Canaan. IF you don't believe, if you don't obey, God will take you through other routes.

Like being brought by God divinely into a greater sanctification than you've know. I think this is also remedial, but that's just my thinking. We can trust and obey, or we can live through God's activity in our lives, from trials to miracles, to bring us to the trust that leads us to obey.

It doesn't happen overnight for many, and for some it does. We call it "gloriously saved" in my circles, the heroin addict who was instantly freed from the addiction, never to return, only to go on to serve God. Then there is the one who returns again and again to their addiction as God leads them on a more winding path.

I was given a sanctified life ( whatever you like to call it), interestingly, the same amount of time I later spent in a deep deep major depression. God has amazing ways! He showed me the prize, so I wouldn't give up in despair. Actually there was much more gained than just that, but it's a much longer story.

The Jordan was at flood stage (that has to mean something)
I think it does.

the Lord stopped the river all the way back upstream to a town called ADAM! Speaks to our Adamic nature, I believe. The Lord stopping the flow that proceeds from our Adamic nature? That gives me hope.

Seems hard to miss that one! Stops the flood all the way back to Adam! Amen!

and also burying of the corn of wheat to die in order that it produce a crop.

I think many don't realize how far that death needs to go!

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we worship, pray and get involved in church activities corporately and our faith walk really relies on that in the beginning, relying on mother church to keep our faith going as it were.
To me it sounded that he was speaking of more than just practice and perception, but he's not answered for himself, so the question remains.

I would not look past the Holy Spirit towards keeping our faith. We are kept by the power of God.

It comes down to the individual soul how closely each one will draw near to the King personally, trusting in Him, pleasing Him, counting the cost, and maturing spiritually, etc.

This to me is our life with God. We each know Him personally, as He works in each of us personally. I believe He is nurturing us each of us to the fullest extend that it can happen. We help and hurt by our choices, and His program for our life takes each into account.

I think we get into problems when we take what God has done with us personally, those personal ways that are not presented in the Bible, such as whether God will address a certain issue with a miracle now or with tribulation for years, I think we get into problems when we insist that the way God works with us, is how He must work with everyone, and if you don't agree, you are unspiritual.

Again I agree with you, that at first, we don't know much, and we are more "part of a crowd". Not always, not everyone, but I think that's likely common. It's the beginning of discipleship, the beginning of the renewing of the mind. Not because we lack of God's Spirit, but because we are not renewed. I don't see this as being "the first stage of salvation, corporately in Christ", then we wait for the second stage, "personally in Christ". Being "In Christ" is salvation, is new birth, is eternal life. We have to grow into that. Like being given a new suit, but I'm only 17. It won't fit fully until I'm 22, but it's still the complete new suit. Maybe that's a poor analogy. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying. You can't wear it right. Everyone can see you aren't wearing it right. You don't even know the rules for the buttons! Just the same . . .

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we have the power of God in us - now - to live holy lives according to God's will? Or do we require more power than already given us?

Is it impossible for us to trust and obey God - now - in what we've received from Him now? Impossible until we receive our Second Pentecost?

Is it that we are waiting for God's power? Or are we rather waiting because we are unwilling to make the good choices now?

Is the church unable to know unity in the faith and knowledge of Jesus by the Spirit that is in us? Impossible until the Latter Rain? Or could we, if we are willing to trust and obey?

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we have the power of God in us - now - to live holy lives according to God's will? Or do we require more power than already given us?

Is it impossible for us to trust and obey God - now - in what we've received from Him now? Impossible until we receive our Second Pentecost?

Is it that we are waiting for God's power? Or are we rather waiting because we are unwilling to make the good choices now?

Is the church unable to know unity in the faith and knowledge of Jesus by the Spirit that is in us? Impossible until the Latter Rain? Or could we, if we are willing to trust and obey?

Much love!

My thoughts on this Mark.

I am filled with the Holy Ghost as at Pentecost. When I accepted salvation, I received God in the whole of his being that he had manifested to man thus far, the Father, the Son and the Spirit.

On my day of Pentecost, I received something deeper; an opening up of myself to the Holy Spirit of God. Jesus said for his disciples to tarry at Jerusalem until they be endued with POWER from on high in the form of the Holy Ghost.

I believe the supposed latter rain to have already come and it happened at Pentecost in the upper room and is still raining til today. We are at the closing of the door on this age and the beginning of a new world in God.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the supposed latter rain to have already come and it happened at Pentecost in the upper room and is still raining til today. We are at the closing of the door on this age and the beginning of a new world in God.
That sounds right to me.

I know a time when I received a filling of the Spirit that affected my life profoundly. But then that wasn't the only time, and such fillings are described in the Bible, but not as a "second Spirit baptism".

What the Bible calls being filled with the Spirit, some call being baptized in the Spirit, but if we've already been baptized into Christ, well, according to Paul, there is one baptism.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is so patient and full of understanding that he continually waits for us to catch up.

I am lagging in my own walk with him but I'm still pressing on.

I want eyes forward, shoulders squared and the full armour applied that I might be a worthy servant pushing against the barrier that keeps us from full and complete surrender to all things God !

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying that when someone comes to you with "A word from the Lord for you", and when it's not accurate, you know it, right? So if I say, God told me to tell you to make amends with your sister from your mother's first marraige, and you don't have a sister, you may ask, why would I say such a thing?

And often times the answer is, it's self-affirming to act that way.

So I'm sharing some information that one may take ahold of or not, may use in their self reflection or not, it's up to the individual. And as we try to understand why others act the way they do, this is sometimes the reason.

Let the one with understanding show it in their conduct. That's also from James.

your example is nonsensical. In Other words, common sense would say this is false assuming my mother did not have a first marriage or a daughter from that marriage that would be my stepsister. A Messenger is sent to give a word from the LORD which often times the person the message is directed towards is blind to their own error, whether this is via false teachers they are following or some form of self-deception. It takes great perseverance, Patience and a whole lotta longsuffering to deliver that message, as the last thing people want to believe is that they have been deceived or are in error. We have everything we need in the blood of the Savior shed for us on the cross, the problem lies in us, failing to apply the Blood properly in our lives. The doctrine of rest is an essential part of the renewed mind, but this is the beginning of walking in the Spirit. This is the very foundation of saving faith, but to that faith we are to add virtue, to virtue knowledge.... till finally we add charity (Agape Love) to our lives, which is God's love being perfected in us. That is obedience of the New commandment Christ Gave us, to love one another as he loved us. This Agape love is what a saint is all about.... they willingly place themselves in harm's way so as to preserve others.

But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:13)
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your example is nonsensical. In Other words, common sense would say this is false assuming my mother did not have a first marriage or a daughter from that marriage that would be my stepsister.
When someone tells you something about yourself, as though from the Lord, you know whether they are right or wrong. And if they are wrong about you, then who is actually speaking, and why?

Think about it . . . it may become more clear.

Imagine if I started parroting to you about your supposed spiritual shortfalls, and you know - you know - that it's off base. But I just continue and continue and continue, regardless of anything you actually do or say. Would you not begin to ask yourself . . . What is this guy going on about?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have everything we need in the blood of the Savior shed for us on the cross, the problem lies in us, failing to apply the Blood properly in our lives.

Can you show Scripture that will help me understand what you mean, "apply the blood properly in our lives"? What does it mean to "apply the blood"? I'm aware how that expression fits with annointing the Mercyseat. What passages are shaping your view on this?

For myself, I think the primary issues are in why we may fall short are our failure to trust Jesus, and failure to obey Him.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but to that faith we are to add virtue, to virtue knowledge.... till finally we add charity (Agape Love) to our lives, which is God's love being perfected in us.
This describes our participation in the process of renewing the mind. And God has ways to kickstart us as needed when we get stuck.

This is like the nuts and bolts of putting on Christ.

We have faith, we are to put on virtue, or perhaps better expressed as, put on valor. Not just virtue - goodness - but also the heart to fight for it. To that add knowledge, we have to understand God's idea of what is good, right. To that, add self-control. Discipline yourself to continue valiantly in doing good. Perserverance, continue, continue, continue, continue, add godliness, Literally, well-worshiping.

That's worthy of some study and meditation on your own.

Much love!

Last edited: