What is the horseman War?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angel

May 16, 2016
http://biblehub.com/revelation/6-4.htm

Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

What is war exactly? The official explanation is that war is a desolating judgment and a time where peace is taken from the earth. At least that is what the site says. If it is a time period then why was the rider himself specifically given the power to take peace from the world?

Are the horseman actually people or just metaphors? In the case of death the horseman is given a name and everything. Why give a metaphor a name? I don't know just something to ponder about. What do you think?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I think there is an angel tasked with taking peace from the earth. Angels are spiritual beings, and this one is sent to earth to put people in the spirit of making war. So he is both a person and a metaphor.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angel said:
http://biblehub.com/revelation/6-4.htm

Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

What is war exactly? The official explanation is that war is a desolating judgment and a time where peace is taken from the earth. At least that is what the site says. If it is a time period then why was the rider himself specifically given the power to take peace from the world?

Are the horseman actually people or just metaphors? In the case of death the horseman is given a name and everything. Why give a metaphor a name? I don't know just something to ponder about. What do you think?
I`m 100% positive that the prophecy of the four horsemen is alrwady happening, and serves as a precursor to the arrival of Apollyon, the beast that will ascend from the pit to make war with the saints. I believe The four horsemen is in reference to what Jesus refers to as the beginning of sorrows where there will be wars and rumors of wars, with the rise of nation against nation among other things. This is NOT to be mistaken with the great tribulation which will not occur until Apollyon arrives. The day he arrives with his army of "locusts" is the day the true next great war will start. There is no talk of the antichrist with the four horsemen, its only a precursor. You won`t have to speculate about who the beast of revelation is because his arrival will not be a quiet one. His arrival, is really described as just as terryfying as the day of the Lord itself. You will know him when you see him.