What is the Mark of the Beast on the Forehead vs the Hand?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it to be more literal. Not everyone has a left hand, but everyone has a forehead.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 14:9-10
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

The book of Revelation is a very symbolic book. In other words, it uses symbols to teach spiritual lessons. The use of the word hand is symbolic for our works and the forehead is symbolic for what we believe, because its the part of the mind where decisions takes place and moral choices are made. Those who are condemned in the end will either have the Mark of the Beast on their forehead or on their hand.

The conflict is between the religious/political entity of the Antichrist as we see in Revelation 13, where Satan, represented by the Dragon, empowers the beast to enforce its false worship which is symbolized by a mark, a name, which is represented by the number 666, on the foreheads and hands of their followers. Thus, we can see the mark, name, and number of the beast, represent the nature of the false worship promoted by them, whether in the mind (forehead) or actions (hands) of the followers.

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

So you have the true worship of God, and the false worship of the Dragon and the Beast power and its supporters. In other words, those who have the mark on their forehead will be worshiping the Beast and is Image which is with us today. They will stand up for the false worship of the apostate church and follow it by doing what it asks, or really are deceived and believe its false doctrines and teachings. Those who have the mark on their hand may not be truly worshiping the Beast but they follow it nonetheless, they may even be speak against some of its teaching or false worship, but their works will be in line with the beliefs and practices of the apostate church.

The context of the text reveals the difference between those who have the Mark of the Beast as they follow it and the Dragon behind it, and will find themselves losing eternal life, and those who follow God and His Law and will be in His kingdom. We see it in the words of Christ...

Matthew 19:16
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Sorry, but the mark is just what the bible says- a physical mark on (not in) the forehead or in the inner right hand. It is his name or the number of his name-666.

The word mark is "charagma and can never be construed as actions or thoughts or emotions or worship- it is a physical stamp akin to a tattoo.

charagma (Key)
Pronunciation
khar'-ag-mah
speaker3_a.svg

Part of Speech
neuter noun

The KJV translates Strong's G5480 in the following manner: mark (8x), graven (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. a stamp, an imprinted mark
    1. of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist
    2. the mark branded upon horses
  2. thing carved, sculpture, graven work
    1. of idolatrous images

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Hobie,
As I have been presenting, the prophecies are spiritual and are individually fulfilled within the Elect. I have already experienced the Battle of Armageddon in my own life because it occurred when I was converted. At that time, the natural sun (Satan) and the natural moon (carnal nature) were darkened and I began to receive knowledge and understanding only from Christ (New Sun) and the Holy Spirit (New Moon). After my spiritual blindness was healed, Christ appeared to me and gathered me to heaven. Because this happens to all the Elect before they die, Christ comes quickly to them.

If you are still looking out into the world for the end-time prophecies to be fulfilled and for Christ to return, you will miss His second coming as most of the "many" have for the past 1900 years.

Joe
This is not scriptural to say the least..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps what one portrays inward from the heart, on the minds, and the hand is something of allegiance towards.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but the mark is just what the bible says- a physical mark on (not in) the forehead or in the inner right hand. It is his name or the number of his name-666.

The word mark is "charagma and can never be construed as actions or thoughts or emotions or worship- it is a physical stamp akin to a tattoo.

charagma (Key)
Pronunciation
khar'-ag-mah
speaker3_a.svg

Part of Speech
neuter noun

The KJV translates Strong's G5480 in the following manner: mark (8x), graven (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. a stamp, an imprinted mark
    1. of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist
    2. the mark branded upon horses
  2. thing carved, sculpture, graven work
    1. of idolatrous images
Yet the Jews used it in that manner between the eyes or frontlets of the forehead to remind and signify they believed, and the hand was what they did..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it to be more literal. Not everyone has a left hand, but everyone has a forehead.
Remember what Christ said of the body, better to cut off your hand or pluck your eye out, than let it take you into sin. The body is not a problem for God, it is ones mind, the freewill choice one makes, to put on the mind of Christ and follow Him and be sealed with His mark, or follow another and take on his mark. Its that simple...

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet the Jews used it in that manner between the eyes or frontlets of the forehead to remind and signify they believed, and the hand was what they did..
Jews did not physically mark their bodies. they wore a phylactery but that was not a mark

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews did not physically mark their bodies. they wore a phylactery but that was not a mark
It was a symbol, like the Mark..
Exodus 28:38
And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a symbol, like the Mark..
Exodus 28:38
And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.
But the mark is not a symbol just like the phylactory was not a symbol.

Tghey symbolize a reality but they are both physical things.

The mark is a physical mark on the hand or forehead which is a symbol one has declared the antichrist as Savior and Lord.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians chapter 6. Christian people must have gospel armory on. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word.

The warfare is words, ideas and concepts. That's how Lucifer operates.

In gospel Matthew chapter 4. Devil temptation of Jesus, was using scripture to try to convert Him. Jesus slapped the scripture back in his face. Satan will twist the scripture in the middle of verse or the end.

Mark of beast is your brain. It's being deceived by antichrist lies and deception near future.

That's why gospel armory is only way past antichrist lies and deception near future.

Many Christian people are biblically illiterate. Because pastors and priests teach tradition of men and false doctrine.

Ephesians chapter 6 is the key past antichrist near future.