What is the meaning of life? Why are we here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
The word of God contains two kinds of information,that which is easily understood such as" thou shall" and "thou shall not" and that which requires deep study...its fine to debate that which requires deep study,but when we start debating thou shall and thou shall not and questioning what the bible calls right and wrong then we have what we have now....modern 21st century christianity.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Man was created to dwell with God in intimate and loving fellowship.

Jer 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jer 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Man broke fellowship with God and the Lord has come to restore that fellowship with those who choose to come into agreement with Him and be bound by His framework of covenantal relationship that we may walk as Jesus walked, and not as Adam walked.

Amo_3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

The meaning of life is Jesus Christ and knowing Him and like any relationship God gives us parameters on how to walk in relationship with Him.

Axehead

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I agree with you Axehead and also think that God, knowing man's frame, perhaps had a greater plan in all of this - bringing us from the garden into the Kingdom through his Son eg:from gardeners [which Adam was assigned to tend] to Children of the King...JMHO

Be Blessed!

InHisGrace07

Jul 4, 2012
We are the Bride of Christ, who will reign alongside Christ in His kingdom. But before we are to take such a position, it is necessary that we endure a time of preparation. I believe that is the meaning or purpose of our short time on this earth. In this earth, we face challenges, obstacles, and warfare. However, through it all we learn to mature, overcome and exercise our God given authority. All this preparing us for the responsibility and destiny that awaits us in eternity with Christ.

Beyond that, we are here to bring Him glory! Amen!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation 21

The New Jerusalem
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Shalom!!!