What is the narrow gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Jesus taught----- Enter through the narrow gate, because cramped is the road that leads to life( eternal) FEW will find it. Have you seen the narrow gate? Are you one of the FEW?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is certainly not narrowmindedness. it occurs when we trust God enough to be vulnerable - allowing Hin to transform our hearts to love God and neighbor - unfortunately, many will conrinue to love themselves, therefore it is the narrow path.

Reactions: bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Its not what, but who. John 10:9

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
lforrest said:

Yes Jesus is the door( narrow gate)--by learning every teaching of his and applying every teaching of his--- it is not picking and choosing which teachings to abide by. Its a shame, but I believe 1% of mankind find the door. Jesus taught---Few will find it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kjw - wow sure sounds like your idea of God is pretty weak, compared to the power of evil to lead people astray.

Reactions: Stucky

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
The world has got to where there are only a few true believers but God has always had a remnant of people somewhere who would believe Him. Look at the antediluvian world. There was just a few. Noah, his sons, his daughter-in-laws, & his wife. That was all that went into the ark. Jesus said, "As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the coming of the Son of man".

Reactions: Earburner

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
lforrest said:
Good one !!!!!!!!!!!
kjw47 said:
Yes Jesus is the door( narrow gate)--by learning every teaching of his and applying every teaching of his--- it is not picking and choosing which teachings to abide by. Its a shame, but I believe 1% of mankind find the door. Jesus taught---Few will find it.
With all respect .... your post insinuates that you are on the narrow road and the rest of are probably not

Makes you feel special doesn't it

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
aspen said:
Kjw - wow sure sounds like your idea of God is pretty weak, compared to the power of evil to lead people astray.

God isn't weak---Mortals are.
Arnie Manitoba said:
Good one !!!!!!!!!!!

With all respect .... your post insinuates that you are on the narrow road and the rest of are probably not

Makes you feel special doesn't it

Anyone can get onto the narrow road--but it takes enduring till the end to achieve actually being saved.
Gods word teaches---Beware if you think you are standing strong.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, we are weak, but He is strong - so strong that He is all powerful; no wonder Jesus tells us not worry. And Kjw, He is faithful.......so do you still think God is going to go so far as to sacrifice His Son for a less than 1% return?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47 said:
Anyone can get onto the narrow road--but it takes enduring till the end to achieve actually being saved.
Gods word teaches---Beware if you think you are standing strong.

How about you list the exact things you are doing to stay on the narrow road.

That way we will have a perfect model to compare ourselves to.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
How about you list the exact things you are doing to stay on the narrow road.

That way we will have a perfect model to compare ourselves to.

Jesus is the perfect model---Learn his truths and apply them.
aspen said:
Yeah, we are weak, but He is strong - so strong that He is all powerful; no wonder Jesus tells us not worry. And Kjw, He is faithful.......so do you still think God is going to go so far as to sacrifice His Son for a less than 1% return?

Jesus death gave all the opportunity to repent--- 99% are being mislead to take off the table of demons daily.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
kjw47 said:

Jesus death gave all the opportunity to repent--- 99% are being mislead to take off the table of demons daily.
How did you come to the conclusion that "99% are being misled to take off the table of demons daily."? Why such a high number, where does it say that so many would be lost? Narrow road does not automatically equal almost everyone.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
aspen said:
I find this to be an odd statement coming from you aspen. I read a lot of what you have to say and disagree with a lot of it, but I do have to give you credit for consistency of viewpoint, you rarely contradict your overall viewpoints of God\life.

You focus a tremendous amount of effort on explaining God's love\mercy attributes. You of all people do not believe God would have sent His Son for just 1 person much less 1%?

I am not saying that I agree with his 1% assessment. It just seems odd to me that you would use that train of thought with what you preach. It is an interesting concept to think God would think in "return on investment" terms.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
snr5557 said:
How did you come to the conclusion that "99% are being misled to take off the table of demons daily."? Why such a high number, where does it say that so many would be lost? Narrow road does not automatically equal almost everyone.

All throughout Gods written word-- 99% mislead.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47 said:
You are dodging the question .... what are your personal attributes that make you think you are one of the 1% on the narrow road ??

Stand up and proclaim them for us ... stop hiding

Jesus' attributes we already know about

It is you we want to here from

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A highway shall be there, and a road, and it shall be called the Highway of Holiness. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road, although a fool, shall not go astray. No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast go up on it; it shall not be found there. But the redeemed shall walk there, And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." Isaiah 35:8-10

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6

25. When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, "Who then can be saved?''
26. But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'' Matthew 19:25-26

"Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem." Acts 9:1-2

I rather prefer being called one who is "of the Way" to being called "a Christian," as in our time the latter includes all forms of foolishness that the former excluded.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
One day I awoke and found that I was surrounded by light - the brightest light that I have ever seen, yet my eyes did not hurt. And I was light.

Specific enough for you? Is that narrow enough to qualify?

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Risen Angel said:
One day I awoke and found that I was surrounded by light - the brightest light that I have ever seen, yet my eyes did not hurt. And I was light.

Specific enough for you? Is that narrow enough to qualify?

Learning and applying Jesus' truths is the only way.
Arnie Manitoba said:
You are dodging the question .... what are your personal attributes that make you think you are one of the 1% on the narrow road ??

Stand up and proclaim them for us ... stop hiding

Jesus' attributes we already know about

It is you we want to here from

If you know Jesus and his attributes, then you know he made his followers--Fishers of men.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
kjw47

You cannot even tell us how and why you are on the so called narrow road , how the Heck do you think you can tell anyone else where they are ???

Sorry to be so rough on you but critics like that are a dime a dozen .... they loudly proclaim how wrong everyone else is , yet can never proclaim what they do that is any better.

Stand up and be counted !!!