What is the new nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Born Again and I am in Gods spiritual realm here on earth...you do know that the Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit don’t you? and that his will is also done on earth?

Kingdom of God, the spiritual realm over which God reigns as king, or the fulfillment on Earth of God's will. The phrase occurs frequently in the New Testament, primarily used by Jesus Christ in the first three Gospels

Romans 8:9 KJV​

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

You should know that he speaks to us via his Spirit, when we read his Living word?...he speaks to our spirit, how else could we understand God’s word?

It’s not known to those who are carnal is it?

We must be Born Again to understand the word of God.
And as I have followed the Lord for over 50 years now, I think I have the Spirit as well and listen to Him as well as His Word. YOu do know th eSpirit will not reinterpret the word of God don't you?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's many that see the Bible the way you do. In fact, most and I know it's because the preachers teach it that way. I'm as righteous as God and therefore cannot be considered corrupt.
Do you still sin ?

You have stated the position of the believer before God. Does your position and your practice line up together ? If not why not ?

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: marks

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you still sin ?

You have stated the position of the believer before God. Does your position and your practice line up together ? If not why not ?

hope this helps !!!
The Bible says that I cannot sin. Here's some Scripture on that...

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says that I cannot sin. Here's some Scripture on that...

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.
So you have not committed any sin since you became a christian ?

How many years have you been a christian ?

BTW- quoting the bible is not the answer to my questions. I'm asking you personally which are a simple yes or no question on have you sinned since you believed and how many years have you believed.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And as I have followed the Lord for over 50 years now, I think I have the Spirit as well and listen to Him as well as His Word. YOu do know th eSpirit will not reinterpret the word of God don't you?
And you do know that a Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

How do you listen to God , by what means?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
repeating the same accusation against me doesn'r make it truer the tenth time you repeat it as when you accused me the first time.
Listen, we all have spiritual understanding in different areas...I voiced my opinion of your understanding of what it means that we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

I have no doubt you are a Brother in Christ...by the way, how are you?..weren’t you unwell at one time?

I hope you are ok now, Brother,xoxo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YOu do know th eSpirit will not reinterpret the word of God don't you?
The Holy Spirit is the only one who can bring us to understanding the word in the Spirit.

He opens our heart to receive his truth...you can’t open my heart, I mean, the Holy Spirit could speak to me through you and open my heart to receive his word.....so far....your words have not penetrated my heart, in fact your words have done the opposite......because they are your words and your understanding of God’s word...in other words it’s an opinion.........do you understand what I have just explained to you?

I believe God...A Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...why do you deny the Living word of God?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a new nature that nature is in Christ...we do not jump in and out of our old nature...our old nature is dead and buried in Christ.
Yes, there is nothing in the Bible that says we have "2 natures", or that we move back and forth between old and new nature.

Even so, Paul wrote, to the regenerate,

Ephesians 4:20-24 KJV
20) But ye have not so learned Christ;
21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So there IS something happening here. What is it?

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, there is nothing in the Bible that says we have "2 natures", or that we move back and forth between old and new nature.

Even so, Paul wrote, to the regenerate,

21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So there IS something happening here. What is it?

Much love!
The nature of the “new man” is that of the Holy Spirit, therefore He desires to love, obey and please God. The nature of the “old man” is that of the flesh, which manifests itself through self-centeredness; self-gratification, and self-righteousness.

We aren’t in the flesh any longer, for we are Born Again, therefore have received the new nature in Christ....when we became Born of the Spirit.

Our old man has been crucified with Christ as soon as we became Born Again of imperishable seed, therefore it is no I that lives it is Christ in me.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The nature of the “new man” is that of the Holy Spirit, therefore He desires to love, obey and please God. The nature of the “old man” is that of the flesh, which manifests itself through self-centeredness; self-gratification, and self-righteousness.

We aren’t in the flesh any longer, for we are Born Again, therefore have received the new nature in Christ....when we became Born of the Spirit.

Our old man has been crucified with Christ as soon as we became Born Again of imperishable seed, therefore it is no I that lives it is Christ in me.
What is it that we "put on" and "put off"?

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is it that we "put on" and "put off"?

Much love!
I don’t put anything on or off...i am Born Again of imperishable seed...so, why would I need to?
I already have that new nature in Christ don’t you know you too have that new nature?

It’s my old mindset that is being renewed.

Galatians 2:20
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

New Living Translation
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

English Standard Version
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Berean Standard Bible
I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t put anything on or off...i am Born Again of imperishable seed...so, why would I need to?
I already have that new nature in Christ don’t you know you too have that new nature?
What is God saying to us here?

Written to Christians, Put off the old man, be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new man. What is God telling us to do here?

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is God saying to us here?

Written to Christians, Put off the old man, be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new man. What is God telling us to do here?

Much love!
Listen....I don’t need to understand this as I’m Born Again of imperishable seed......I have the new nature in my heart, my old nature is dead and buried with Christ, do you understand that?

I ask you a second time, do “you” know you are in the new nature of Christ and do you know in your spirit that you are Born Again of imperishable seed?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you do know that a Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

How do you listen to God , by what means?
Imperishable is not what you think it means. Look up the word in the Greek.

I listen to god in prayer, trying to be sensitive to the Spirit and the Word of God! I know the Holy Spirit when communicating will never contradict the written word.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen, we all have spiritual understanding in different areas...I voiced my opinion of your understanding of what it means that we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

I have no doubt you are a Brother in Christ...by the way, how are you?..weren’t you unwell at one time?

I hope you are ok now, Brother,xoxo
Thank you . Yes I have had heart valve transplants and had to have my hips replaced. My health on best days is only fair, but I am still filled with Joy.

YOu are a precious sister. Though I debate intensely (just who I am) I mean no evil or ill.

YOu hold to a much more expansive view of what imperishable means while I hold to the definition of the word as was uses in the first century.

Let us finish this in the good spirit your last response and hopefully this response has given. We may never agree on this.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you . Yes I have had heart valve transplants and had to have my hips replaced. My health on best days is only fair, but I am still filled with Joy.

YOu are a precious sister. Though I debate intensely (just who I am) I mean no evil or ill.

YOu hold to a much more expansive view of what imperishable means while I hold to the definition of the word as was uses in the first century.

Let us finish this in the good spirit your last response and hopefully this response has given. We may never agree on this.
Love you Brother and I’m glad all is well with you.God Bless you,xoxo

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen....I don’t need to understand this as I’m Born Again of imperishable seed......I have the new nature in my heart, my old nature is dead and buried with Christ, do you understand that?

I ask you a second time, do “you” know you are in the new nature of Christ and do you know in your spirit that you are Born Again of imperishable seed?
I suggest that these things are worth understanding. I'll not pursue this further with you unless you so desire.

To answer your question, yes, I believe I have been reborn.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Imperishable is not what you think it means. Look up the word in the Greek.
Brother imperishable seed I don’t need to look up, it’s the seed of God, the Holy Spirit, that is who is manifest in my heart / spirit i also have the gift of Faith...so, we will agree to disagree.

The seed is the word of God, the “ Living “ Holy “ Spirit “.

Imperishable and incorruptible is the seed of God ,the Holy Spirit that liveth and abideth forever......where do you think he liveth and abideth forever?.....it means his seed liveth and abideth forever in our hearts...we have been “ Born Again “ of “ imperishable seed “.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed,"who is Christ.

Luke 8:11-18NKJV “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
I listen to god in prayer, trying to be sensitive to the Spirit and the Word of God! I know the Holy Spirit when communicating will never contradict the written word.
I listen to God via his Living Holy Spirit..who has taken up residence in my heart.
I hope we are now done and be mature about it as we will “ never”agree.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest that these things are worth understanding. I'll not pursue this further with you unless you so desire.

To answer your question, yes, I believe I have been reborn.

Much love!
Ok..I don’t need to understand them and you know why...therefore I will leave you to discuss with others..God Bless.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
repeating the same accusation against me doesn'r make it truer the tenth time you repeat it as when you accused me the first time.
That is true here, but watching the mass media's effect on the public shows that it does work most of the time.