What is the new nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading all this, I have to ask: Why are we told to die to ourselves daily if we are already perfected?
Because we are in the process of being perfected.

Perfected:
teleióō, tel-i-o'-o; from G5046; to complete, i.e. (literally) accomplish, or (figuratively) consummate (in character):—consecrate, finish, fulfil, make) perfect.

it's a growing process:

Eph 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

1Pe 2:1
Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

1Co 3:1
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

2Pe 3:17
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus and Spyder

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading all this, I have to ask: Why are we told to die to ourselves daily if we are already perfected?
Indeed, also @Ziggy
And does not the work continue as we are being helped and as we ourselves strive to overcome all that stands between us and what God wants us to be?

Eph 4:11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Jesus overcame the world, the world of temptations to his body of flesh.
Joh 16:33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
What have we overcome? What are we overcoming?

1jo 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a new nature that nature is in Christ...we do not jump in and out of our old nature...our old nature is dead and buried in Christ.

No it’s not ...we are Born Again of imperishable seed? Our spirit is under no curse at all....we are Born of the Spirit.

We are to renew our minds..that is the old mindset...it is not the flesh, we aren’t in the flesh we are in the Spirit

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed...that is the word of God and I stand on it as I’m Born Again of imperishable seed.
Well we will disagree always. You think you are perfect now and fully sanctified and will never sin again. OK

I did nnotice you ignored my question. I asked if you believe if a person who claims to be born again and a child of God, if they sin were they truly saved or did they lose their salvation?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well we will disagree always. You think you are perfect now and fully sanctified and will never sin again. OK

I did nnotice you ignored my question. I asked if you believe if a person who claims to be born again and a child of God, if they sin were they truly saved or did they lose their salvation?
Who said I was perfect?...this body used to sin.....now it doesn’t, my sin is with Christ on the cross, he took all of my sin onto himself.

A Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Show me scripture where it says a “ Born Again “ repeat “ Born Again sins...then I will believe you.

All scripture that talks about sin, is in no reference to a Born Again, they were predestined and chosen before the foundation of the world...for to be used solely for Gods purpose and plan.

And you’re right we will never agree regarding sin.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said I;was perfect?

A Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Show me scripture where it says a “ Born Again “ repeat “ Born Again sins...then I will believe you.

All scripture that talks about sin, is in no reference to a Born Again, they predestined and chosen before the foundation of the world...for to be used solely for Gods purpose and plan.
You said you were imperfect. Perfect does not sin. So if you are imperfect biblically you sin, unless of course you have been taught to redefine that word also.

So you have beenindoctrinated that all passages that refer to sin is directed t unbelievers as Behold has said.
that is your privilege, but I will call this out as false doctrine.

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Written to believers.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Written to believers.

Reactions: Spyder

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said I was perfect?...this body used to sin.....now it doesn’t, my sin is with Christ on the cross, he took all of my sin onto himself.

All scripture that talks about sin, is in no reference to a Born Again, they were predestined and chosen before the foundation of the world...for to be used solely for Gods purpose and plan.

And you’re right we will never agree regarding sin.
It saddens me deeply that Scripture shows God rich in mercy and patinece and gentle and forgiving.

But yet for you god is a harsh taskmaster to His children. Can't sin or you were never saved to begin with.

I do pity you Rita for you have a heap of unconfessed sin. While this does not affect your relationship with god in the least, it has blocked your fellowship with god and has left you open to many serious "old mindset" errors.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It saddens me deeply that Scripture shows God rich in mercy and patinece and gentle and forgiving.

But yet for you god is a harsh taskmaster to His children. Can't sin or you were never saved to begin with.

I do pity you Rita for you have a heap of unconfessed sin. While this does not affect your relationship with god in the least, it has blocked your fellowship with god and has left you open to many serious "old mindset" errors.
What a load of balloney .....you are now playing the condemnation card,LOL

Therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

I have been Born Again of imperishable seed and I have wonderful fellowship with God via his Holy Spirit...a very intimate and beautiful relationship....nothing on the planet like it, I live, breath and sleep God.

By the way you post scripture out of context.

We are Born Again of imperishable seed then we know in our heart / spirit that we have been saved from eternal damnation.

Hallelujah and Praise God.

A Born Again cannot go on sinning because we have been Born Again/of imperishable seed.

That seed that was planted when we received the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit, the seed / word of God manifests itself in our hearts, as he in dwells his Born Again child , the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, he speaks to our spirit, how else would I know I have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Therefore my old nature is dead and sins no more...I have my new nature and that new nature is in Christ....I am no longer in the flesh I am in the Spirit..

. The new nature is the divine nature. It is the very nature of God Himself – look up and compare John 1:12-13 (notice the last three words) with 2 Peter 1:3-4. This new nature within is the very life of the risen Lord who is upon the throne of God, and this life is imparted to us by the Holy Spirit

The Old Man of Sin is Dead and Gone​

“For we know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that our body of sin (our sinful nature) might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin.” Romans 6:6

We are Born Again in our spirit not our intellect.

A Born Again abideth in Him because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed that abideth and liveth forever.

That means the Holy Spirit liveth and abideth forever in our hearts/ spirit.

The Old Man of Sin is Dead and Gone​

“For we know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that our body of sin (our sinful nature) might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin.” Romans 6:6

1 John 3​

King James Version​

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Romans 6:6
Verse Concepts
knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin

Source: 5 Bible verses about Old Nature
Ephesians 2
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Alive with Christ
(Colossians 2:6–23)
1And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, fulfilling the cravings of our flesh and indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.
4But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses. It is by grace you have been saved! 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.a

1706116291618.jpeg

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

I have been Born Again of imperishable seed and I have wonderful fellowship with God via his Holy Spirit...a very intimate and beautiful relationship....nothing on the planet like it, I live, breath and sleep God.
I've found that trusting that Jesus has truly and completely reconciled me to God is the key that unlocks this door.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've found that trusting that Jesus has truly and completely reconciled me to God is the key that unlocks this door.

Much love!
I have found through God given faith, and becoming Born Again of imperishable seed, Knowing that Jesus took all of my sin upon himself died and was then resurrected, that is what has reconciled me back to God.

You have to have God given faith to trust in Jesus..I know in my heart that he died and rose from the dead, I also know that he was the Son of the Father....unfortunately I’m not allowed to speak about all 3 at the same time.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.unfortunately I’m not allowed to speak about all 3 at the same time.
I just learned this the other day.
And I'm not sure what the doctrine is so I'm going to try and explain if I understand it correctly in carnal terms and all I ask is a yes or no.

God is the President. God is the Vice President. God is the Speaker of the House.
Each hold their own individual office yet work together as one form of government.

or,

God is President, God is Vice President, God is Speaker of the House and holds all 3 offices simultaneously?

I'm not asking which you favor, I'm only asking which of these is the doctrine in question. So I know which one exactly I'm not supposed to discuss.
Thank you
Hugs

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a load of balloney .....you are now playing the condemnation card,LOL
Not in tthe least, I masde it clear you are a sister.

But time will tell. Your miinterpretation of imperishable seed and other words like Behold is very alarming. but time will show .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That seed that was planted when we received the gift of Faith which is a manifestation of the Spirit, the seed / word of God manifests itself in our hearts, as he in dwells his Born Again child , the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, he speaks to our spirit, how else would I know I have been Born Again of imperishable seed.
I agree 100%

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:6
Verse Concepts
knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin
So then you believe you are not on earth. Because we are already seated in heavenly places in christ!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Born Again of imperishable seed then we know in our heart / spirit that we have been saved from eternal damnation.
I agree 100% You just mistake imperishable as an ability to never sin again! It is not. first year greek students know this.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree 100% You just mistake imperishable as an ability to never sin again! It is not. first year greek students know this.
A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Unfortunately you have no spiritual understanding of imperishable seed...the seed is the Holy Spirit who takes up permanent residence in our spirit...that is what you aren’t understanding.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So then you believe you are not on earth. Because we are already seated in heavenly places in christ!
I am a Born Again and I am in Gods spiritual realm here on earth...you do know that the Holy Spirit is a Living Spirit don’t you? and that his will is also done on earth?

Kingdom of God, the spiritual realm over which God reigns as king, or the fulfillment on Earth of God's will. The phrase occurs frequently in the New Testament, primarily used by Jesus Christ in the first three Gospels

Romans 8:9 KJV​

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

You should know that he speaks to us via his Spirit, when we read his Living word?...he speaks to our spirit, how else could we understand God’s word?

It’s not known to those who are carnal is it?

We must be Born Again to understand the word of God.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And does not the work continue as we are being helped and as we ourselves strive to overcome all that stands between us and what God wants us to be?
I was baptised and born again at the age of 18. I am now 58.
These last 40 years have been a journey indeed.
When God planted the seed of His Spirit in me, it took a few years before I saw any evidence of it beginning to sprout.
And as I started to grow I would notice weeds sprouting out of the ground around me.
I noticed anger that wasn't justified, pride that needed humbling, self-righteousness that lacked knowledge and understanding.
And God tended the pot this seed was growing in. And before the weeds became thorns and thistles he would pluck them out so they wouldn't get caught in the root and steal the nutrients and water that God was supplying.
Over the last 5 years or so I have dveloped some buds. One is temperance, another is kindness, another grace, and many other such buds are growing from this seed God planted in me.
But even still, at times the birds will drop other seeds into my pot and the weeds begin to grow again. But now they are easier to recognize and easier to remove, because the root itself is sturdy and the stalk the buds are growing on is strong.
I know I haven't come to fruition yet, there is still much growing to do.
But when those buds turn into blooms, then I shall see them as God meant them to be.

1706132737257.png 1706133199263.png

And then one day he will take me and plant me in His Garden beside the tree of life and the river which flows from his throne.
Where the light warms my branches, and his breath stirs my leaves. And I will be planted in my new home.
:D
Hugs

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptised and born again at the age of 18. I am now 58.
These last 40 years have been a journey indeed.
When God planted the seed of His Spirit in me, it took a few years before I saw any evidence of it beginning to sprout.
And as I started to grow I would notice weeds sprouting out of the ground around me.
I noticed anger that wasn't justified, pride that needed humbling, self-righteousness that lacked knowledge and understanding.
And God tended the pot this seed was growing in. And before the weeds became thorns and thistles he would pluck them out so they wouldn't get caught in the root and steal the nutrients and water that God was supplying.
Over the last 5 years or so I have dveloped some buds. One is temperance, another is kindness, another grace, and many other such buds are growing from this seed God planted in me.
But even still, at times the birds will drop other seeds into my pot and the weeds begin to grow again. But now they are easier to recognize and easier to remove, because the root itself is sturdy and the stalk the buds are growing on is strong.
I know I haven't come to fruition yet, there is still much growing to do.
But when those buds turn into blooms, then I shall see them as God meant them to be.

View attachment 40576 View attachment 40577

And then one day he will take me and plant me in His Garden beside the tree of life and the river which flows from his throne.
Where the light warms my branches, and his breath stirs my leaves. And I will be planted in my new home.
:D
Hugs
Thanks for the testimony sister.
I know you are still working with your father. I am keeping you both in prayer.

For myself, I really got serious with God at 32 in 1976. That's quite a ways back now and I also have gone through some growing pains, but now as I get closer to the end of the road, there is some fruit on the tree. Do I still have some temptations? Yes, but they are not like they once were, and God is with me through it all. When they found the cancer in 2022 I was ready to go and considering my age I figured my time here would soon be over... but God was not and is not finished with me yet. He gets finished with us in His time!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the testimony sister.
I know you are still working with your father. I am keeping you both in prayer.

For myself, I really got serious with God at 32 in 1976. That's quite a ways back now and I also have gone through some growing pains, but now as I get closer to the end of the road, there is some fruit on the tree. Do I still have some temptations? Yes, but they are not like they once were, and God is with me through it all. When they found the cancer in 2022 I was ready to go and considering my age I figured my time here would soon be over... but God was not and is not finished with me yet. He gets finished with us in His time!
Thank You amadeus.
Dad is still in rehab. He is recovering well. Therapy has him getting around in a wheelchair, I hope they transition to his walker soon.
But he is eating his meals withthe other residents in the diningroom. And I am glad about that. He is a social person and I'm a hermit.
And I know he gets bored day after day doing the same routine. Winter is here and I don't travel hardly at all. And by nature I'm a solitary person.
They anticipate him coming home around the 2nd week of February. I know I like living the quiet life. But after having him with me for the last 9 months, I am missing the interaction. Sometimes I wake up thinking, I have to make dad toast and get his coffee. And then I remember he's still in rehab. I'm looking forward to him coming home.
And I think he is anticipating taking that other trip home. But God is not ready to take him yet. And I'm thankful for that.

Your always in my prayers brother,
Much Love
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: amadeus

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Unfortunately you have no spiritual understanding of imperishable seed...the seed is the Holy Spirit who takes up permanent residence in our spirit...that is what you aren’t understanding.
repeating the same accusation against me doesn'r make it truer the tenth time you repeat it as when you accused me the first time.