What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Do you mean = folks who claim 'born-again' from water baptism thru BOTH catholicism and Protestant(ism) are BOTH in grave danger of ending up on the wrong side of things....

BOTH? Yeah or Nay?
Nay - read post #40.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nay - read post #40.
Thank you for the clarification.

OK - you are right!

Nay to water baptism
It cannot, at any time or place, generate the New-Birth(Born-Again).
Whether it is performed by any institution/church from birth on forward to any age.

Listen to the Lord Jesus Christ = "flesh is born of flesh but the spirit is born of the Spirit." - Gospel of John 3:6

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the one true Church?​

Jesus was sent FROM Heaven and revealed ON Earth.
FROM God in Heaven Jewish men were revealed Jesus IS the Christ.
Immediately thereafter; Christ Jesus said He would build “His” Church upon Jesus (Gods Word, Truth, Life, Way) Christ (Gods Power, Wisdom, Seed)...

The one True Church is Jesus Christ’s Church.
Built ON the ROCK (Jesus Christ), word, truth, life, way, power, wisdom, seed of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: David in NJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your "refisal" to enter into a converstion with ANYMODY violates the Word of God:

2 Pet. 3:15

"...but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, ALWAYS being prepared to make a defense to ANYONE who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you:

Good job . . .
Either you are typing way too fast or worse you are on something my friend . REFISAL , Coverstion , anymody
Either its the pipe or you are typing way too fast . but either way , I WONT make my bed with a HARLOT . period .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the clarification.

OK - you are right!

Nay to water baptism
It cannot, at any time or place, generate the New-Birth(Born-Again).
Whether it is performed by any institution/church from birth on forward to any age.

Listen to the Lord Jesus Christ = "flesh is born of flesh but the spirit is born of the Spirit." - Gospel of John 3:6
BAPTISM is what Spiritually regenerates (John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, , Col. 2:11-12).
WATER is the means prescribed by Jesus (John 3:5).

It's not the water that saves us.
We are saved THROUGH Water in Baptism (1 Pet. 3:21).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either you are typing way too fast or worse you are on something my friend . REFISAL , Coverstion , anymody
Either its the pipe or you are typing way too fast . but either way , I WONT make my bed with a HARLOT . period .
Hey - it's YOUR disobediencece to God - not mine.

PS -
If I pointed out all of the typos and grammatical errors in YOUR posts - we'd be here ALL day . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BAPTISM is what Spiritually regenerates (John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, , Col. 2:11-12).
WATER is the means prescribed by Jesus (John 3:5).

It's not the water that saves us.
We are saved THROUGH Water in Baptism (1 Pet. 3:21).

Your reply does not come from the Holy Spirit and neither do the scriptures you posted support your error.

"flesh is born of flesh but the spirit is born of the Spirit." - Gospel of the Apostle John 3:6

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is set out and established in scripture. It has an organization and function for the poor that there are no poor among them. When you find this church let me know.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Council of Trent - Solas and Anathema, (cursed, excommunicated)

Following the deep division in the church which had resulted from the Protestant Reformation, there was a widespread desire, which grew stronger and was expressed in a variety of ways, for an ecumenical council. Its aim would be to reject errors against faith, add strength to the official teaching, restore the unity of the church, and reform the standards of the Roman curia and of church discipline.1 (Full list of Solas @ link: Theology Thursday - Anathema! The Council of Trent on Justification | SHARPER IRON )

Also, per the members discussion of reverence of dead saints:

Myth: Trent “damned to hell” those who do not agree with the decrees they issued.

Fact: The canons, or decrees, issued by Trent all include the term “anathema.” For example, the Council of Trent, session XXII, canon V, reads: “If anyone saith, that it is an imposture to celebrate Masses in honor of the saints and for obtaining their intercession with God, as the Church intends, let him be anathema.” The word anathema is a Greek word meaning to separate, suspend or set aside, not “damn to hell.” The Church does cut off or excommunicate Catholics who consciously and publicly deny the canons of Trent because the canons affirm the teachings of Christ. These Catholics are welcomed back when willing to be reconciled with the Church’s teachings.
Francis Beckwith is a U.S. philosopher who sparked a furor when he resigned as president of the Evangelical Theological Society, upon his return to his cradle Catholic faith.

You spent 32 years in the evangelical world. What could Catholics learn from evangelicals?

In terms of expository preaching, as well as teaching the laity, Protestant evangelicals are without peers in the Christian world.

For instance, it is not unusual for evangelical churches to host major conferences on theological issues in which leading scholars address lay audiences in order to equip them to share their faith with their neighbors, friends, etc. Works by evangelical philosophers and theologians such as [J.P.] Moreland, [Paul] Copan, and William Lane Craig, should be in the library of any serious Catholic who wants to be equipped to respond to contemporary challenges to the Christian faith.

Then I read the Council of Trent, which some Protestant friends had suggested I do. What I found was shocking. I found a document that had been nearly universally misrepresented by many Protestants, including some friends. I do not believe, however, that the misrepresentation is the result of purposeful deception. But rather, it is the result of reading Trent with Protestant assumptions and without a charitable disposition.

For example, Trent talks about the four causes of justification, which correspond somewhat to Aristotle’s four causes. None of these causes is the work of the individual Christian. For, according to Trent, God’s grace does all the work. However, Trent does condemn “faith alone,” but what it means is mere intellectual assent without allowing God’s grace to be manifested in one’s actions and communion with the Church. This is why Trent also condemns justification by works. I am convinced that the typical “Council of Trent” rant found on anti-Catholic websites is the Protestant equivalent of the secular urban legend that everyone prior to Columbus believed in a flat earth.
READ THE WHOLE THING

Reactions: Philip James

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Francis Beckwith is a U.S. philosopher who sparked a furor when he resigned as president of the Evangelical Theological Society, upon his return to his cradle Catholic faith.

You spent 32 years in the evangelical world. What could Catholics learn from evangelicals?

In terms of expository preaching, as well as teaching the laity, Protestant evangelicals are without peers in the Christian world.

For instance, it is not unusual for evangelical churches to host major conferences on theological issues in which leading scholars address lay audiences in order to equip them to share their faith with their neighbors, friends, etc. Works by evangelical philosophers and theologians such as [J.P.] Moreland, [Paul] Copan, and William Lane Craig, should be in the library of any serious Catholic who wants to be equipped to respond to contemporary challenges to the Christian faith.

Then I read the Council of Trent, which some Protestant friends had suggested I do. What I found was shocking. I found a document that had been nearly universally misrepresented by many Protestants, including some friends. I do not believe, however, that the misrepresentation is the result of purposeful deception. But rather, it is the result of reading Trent with Protestant assumptions and without a charitable disposition.

For example, Trent talks about the four causes of justification, which correspond somewhat to Aristotle’s four causes. None of these causes is the work of the individual Christian. For, according to Trent, God’s grace does all the work. However, Trent does condemn “faith alone,” but what it means is mere intellectual assent without allowing God’s grace to be manifested in one’s actions and communion with the Church. This is why Trent also condemns justification by works. I am convinced that the typical “Council of Trent” rant found on anti-Catholic websites is the Protestant equivalent of the secular urban legend that everyone prior to Columbus believed in a flat earth.
READ THE WHOLE THING
Intellectual blather never ascends to the height of Glory that God has for those that love Him.

It is the status quo of religious utopia that gives the Angels a good laugh.

i suggest you read books such as = Gospel of John and Acts to start...........and Hebrews is essential for all religious minded.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intellectual blather never ascends to the height of Glory that God has for those that love Him.

It is the status quo of religious utopia that gives the Angels a good laugh.

i suggest you read books such as = Gospel of John and Acts to start...........and Hebrews is essential for all religious minded.
Never stop pointing to Christ and exposing that which is false . Even if it means prison and death for doing so .
They can kill our bodies , they can even torment us , but one thing they cannot do
is seperate us FROM CHRIST and they cannot tortue the soul after death . FEAR NOT MAN
fear ONLY HE who has power to destroy both body and soul in hell fire .
Expose that harlot and let us point to Christ .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is set out and established in scripture. It has an organization and function for the poor that there are no poor among them. When you find this church let me know.
ITS ALREADY HERE . ITS HERE and AMONGST US . WE SHOULD have had no desire of earthen treasures but rather
a love for the WORD and words of GOD . THE TRUE CHURCH would HOPE ONLY IN CHRIST
and have all hopes and affections upon HIM and the PROMISE OF HIS COMING .
THEY Would have been busy and with joy been taking care of any who lacked .
THEY WOULD NOT FALL FOR THE FALSE GOVTS approach to taking care of the poor .
FOR THEY HAVE NO HOPE IN MEN OR GOVTS OF MEN .
TIS REAL MY FRIEND . AND ITS TIME WE BE REMINDED OF IT . THE CHURCH has never died .
OH ITS a small group , but its still alive and it does thrive .
WHEN THE HEART , the HOPE , THE cares and affections are above on the LORD
and not upon the things of this earth or its men , its govts , right or left , but ON GOD
THEN that is THE CHURCH . and it wont be decieved by a false unity or false gathering produced by men and govts .
THE CHURCH IS ALIVE . ITS ALIVE as ITS LORD IS ALIVE FOREVERMORE .
BUT a rare find this is amongst the mainstream . YE SHALL FIND HIM when YE SEEK HIM WITH THE WHOLE HEART .
My words are not condemnation , but rather point to the ONLY HOPE WE HAVE . I AM not your hope
BIDEN nor trump is your hope , this false unity lovey lovey AINT HOPE AT ALL but death .
JESUS IS OUR HOPE and HIS LAMBS STILL EXIST .

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i suggest you read books such as = Gospel of John and Acts to start...........and
Hebrews is essential for all religious minded

I suggest not suggesting your friend read certain portions of the Bible
because not everyone reading it is enlightened by it; for example:

Acts 8:30-31 . . Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the
prophet Isaiah; so he asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
The man replied, "How can I, when there is no one to instruct me?"

The man with whom Philip dialogued wasn't some obscure cobalt miner in
the Democratic Republic of Congo nor an illiterate cow poke herding beef in
Montana. The man was high up in the government of Ethiopia; so it's likely
he had an above-average IQ, and yet without someone to help him, he was
stumped by Isa 53:7-8.
_

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS ALREADY HERE . ITS HERE and AMONGST US . WE SHOULD have had no desire of earthen treasures but rather
a love for the WORD and words of GOD . THE TRUE CHURCH would HOPE ONLY IN CHRIST
and have all hopes and affections upon HIM and the PROMISE OF HIS COMING .
THEY Would have been busy and with joy been taking care of any who lacked .
THEY WOULD NOT FALL FOR THE FALSE GOVTS approach to taking care of the poor .
FOR THEY HAVE NO HOPE IN MEN OR GOVTS OF MEN .
TIS REAL MY FRIEND . AND ITS TIME WE BE REMINDED OF IT . THE CHURCH has never died .
OH ITS a small group , but its still alive and it does thrive .
WHEN THE HEART , the HOPE , THE cares and affections are above on the LORD
and not upon the things of this earth or its men , its govts , right or left , but ON GOD
THEN that is THE CHURCH . and it wont be decieved by a false unity or false gathering produced by men and govts .
THE CHURCH IS ALIVE . ITS ALIVE as ITS LORD IS ALIVE FOREVERMORE .
BUT a rare find this is amongst the mainstream . YE SHALL FIND HIM when YE SEEK HIM WITH THE WHOLE HEART .
My words are not condemnation , but rather point to the ONLY HOPE WE HAVE . I AM not your hope
BIDEN nor trump is your hope , this false unity lovey lovey AINT HOPE AT ALL but death .
JESUS IS OUR HOPE and HIS LAMBS STILL EXIST .
The gov does a pretty good job of taking care of the poor amigo. Churches don't do it.

But the church takes care of church members. I don't think the original church as spelled out in the bible said to take care of drug addicts that were homeless.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I suggest not suggesting your friend read certain portions of the Bible
because not everyone reading it is enlightened by it; for example:

Acts 8:30-31 . . Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the
prophet Isaiah; so he asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
The man replied, "How can I, when there is no one to instruct me?"

The man with whom Philip dialogued wasn't some obscure cobalt miner in
the Democratic Republic of Congo nor an illiterate cow poke herding beef in
Montana. The man was high up in the government of Ethiopia; so it's likely
he had an above-average IQ, and yet without someone to help him, he was
stumped by Isa 53:7-8.
_

The example you just gave is greatly emphasized by the Holy Spirit later on in Acts as well.

The Holy Spirit greatly emphasizes it, again, in 1 Corinthians.

And do not forget the Person who first emphasized it in NT Scripture = Matthew 11:25

"At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight."

Nevertheless - the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father(in Heaven) that empowers us who believe, to bear witness to the Truth.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware church leaders who walk not as Christ . JESUS and his own had all things common .
Any true leader does not and would not see the church as a business . THEY would live as do their flocks
always looking out for the poor amongst them .
Yet most are rich and always BEG the churches for money to take care of the poor and yet they LIVE IN LUXURY .
YES let us GIVE to the poor but DO NOT as they do and give them not a cent either .
I notice the same pattern in politics as i do in religoin now . THE RICH leaders HOLLER
GIVE GIVE to the poor and yet they seem to live WELL OFF . HOW COME they aint giving all to their own poor
yet they preach REDIST of wealth . I mean if GEORGE SORROS loved the poor , HOW COME
he has far more than man needs and yet desires a redist of wealth that he claims will be for the poor .
JUDAS too held the bag , HE TOO CRIED THIS CAN BE GIVEN TO THE POOR , but judas just like them
HOLD THE BAG and keep what is put therein . FOLLOW THEM NOT . YOU GIVE to the poor on your own .
Take care of those in need and dont give a cent to these harlots who do nothing but fleece the flocks
and cry and act as though they do for the poor .
IF i had millions or billions of dollars , REST ASSURED my church would not lack .
SO WHY do so many within these churches whose leaders and instiutions lack .
CAUSE THEY HEAP FOR THEMSELVES . YET JESUS NEVER HEAPED UP FOR HIMSELF .
DID JESUS eat great meats and great foods and drive in fabulous chariots while his own
walked beside him lacking . NOPE . ANY LEADER WHO KNOWS JESUS would put HIS OWN FIRST , ABOVE HIMSELF
JUST LIKE JESUS DID .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gov does a pretty good job of taking care of the poor amigo. Churches don't do it.

But the church takes care of church members. I don't think the original church as spelled out in the bible said to take care of drug addicts that were homeless.
NO it dont . its blows most of that money on groups that SUPPORT IT . You know it and i know it .
LOOK at the abomination that occured during covid . THEY HELPED THEIR RICH FRIENDS and BIG GOVT LOVING COOPERATIONS
but the poor got a few scraps and the middle class business who worked independently GOT ZERO to no help
THEY ARE CORRUPT . I watched more middle class business go out of business during covid
YET THESE GOVTS gave HUGE PORTIONS of money to their friends , millions went to transgender support
but the poor man got a check or two . THEY ONLY PROMISE things , but the real agenda
IS TO BUILD a system FOR THEM . DONT fall for their ruse .
WE , the church , can take care of others ON OUR OWN . I Dont need to pay judas
to help the poor , WHEN most of what i pay him would go to HIM , NOT THE POOR . SURE maybe a scrap or two would go to the poor .
THESE people are DECIEVING YOU . the church dont need the crooked govt who blows and wastes money on evil
TO take care of the poor . WE CAN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The example you just gave is greatly emphasized by the Holy Spirit later on in Acts as well.

The Holy Spirit greatly emphasizes it, again, in 1 Corinthians.

And do not forget the Person who first emphasized it in NT Scripture = Matthew 11:25

"At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight."

Nevertheless - the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father(in Heaven) that empowers us who believe, to bear witness to the Truth.
EVERY WORD is for our good . Just cause some folks DONT LIKE certain things . that is on them .
EVERY WORD in that bible is pure , lovely and wonderful . from every warning to every promise .
GOD warned them , ITS NOT HIS FAULT they didnt listen and were thus destroyed . The fault lies on man .
Those warnings and every example in that bible is written for our own learing . that we do NOT the evil they did .
But rather simply do good and love the LORD above all . EVERY WORD OF GOD works GOOD
GOOD and wonderful GOOD to the soul that heeds and obeys it . BUT to the soul that chooses to omit it
WOE WAIL . but again that is on them . GOD DESIRED GOOD for them , ONLY They WOULD NOT

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless - the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father(in Heaven) that
empowers us who believe, to bear witness to the Truth

Acts 8:35 . .Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same
scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

However; not everyone is endowed with the ability to do what Philip did. And
those who aren't should not attempt it. (Eph 4:11, 1Cor 12:4-11, Jas 3:1)
_

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 8:35 . .Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same
scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

However; not everyone is endowed with the ability to do what Philip did. And
those who aren't should not attempt it. (Eph 4:11, 1Cor 12:4-11, Jas 3:1)
_
fear not man . preach JESUS