What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water, is a NATURAL Birth, effected by a mans seed.
Born of Spirit, is a SUPERNATURAL Birth, effected by Gods SEED.

Both Births (Natural and Supernatural) ARE REQUIRED according to Gods Order and Way BEFORE a man can ENTER into the kingdom of God.

John 3:
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
No one goes to Heaven unless they are first in Heaven.

Like you said: "Way Before" = "I am the Way.........Jesus"

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born of Water, is a NATURAL Birth, effected by a mans seed.
Born of Spirit, is a SUPERNATURAL Birth, effected by Gods SEED.

Both Births (Natural and Supernatural) ARE REQUIRED according to Gods Order and Way BEFORE a man can ENTER into the kingdom of God.

John 3:
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
And here are THRTEE reasons why this make absolutely ZERO sense . . .

1. EVERYBODY who is born is born of “water” (amniotic fluid) - so that statement would be nonsense.

2. Nicodemus’s question to Jesus was about how a man id born AGAIN (John 3:4). because Jesus mentioned it first (John 3:3). Nicodemus already knew how a person was born the FIRST time.

3. If you’re ONLY talking about those who are “born” – then you are damning ALL unborn, miscarried and aborted children to Hell.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

YOU make Jesus sound like an idiot for stating the obvious.
He may as well have said, “Unless a person is born of water and Spirit – he won’t grow up!”
Well, DUHHH . . .

His statement was FAR deeper than anything YOU can understan
d . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favorite illustrations of Jesus' church is that of a Temple
constructed of individual stones craftily fit together to form a structure .
Take away the individual stones and there would be no structure.

In other words: Catholicism's hierarchy is a poor representation of Jesus'
church. They're just managers. Jesus' church is actually the folks warming
the pews rather than the folks who own the pews; and I sincerely believe
that holds true for every denomination whether Catholic, Protestant, SDA,
JWs, or whatever.
_

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. EVERYBODY who is born is born of “water” (amniotic fluid) - so that statement would be nonsense.

2. Nicodemus’s question to Jesus was about how a man id born AGAIN (John 3:4). because Jesus mentioned it first (John 3:3). Nicodemus already knew how a person was born the FIRST time.

3. If you’re ONLY talking about those who are “born” – then you are damning ALL unborn, miscarried and aborted children to Hell.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

He may as well have said, “Unless a person is born of water and Spirit – he won’t grow up!”
Well, DUHHH . . .

His statement was FAR deeper than anything YOU can understan
d . . .
#1 RCC keeps you in a perpetual state of sin whereby you are never Born-Again by the Holy Spirit.

#2 RCC is a 'works' based salvation that seeks to mimic the Law and the OT priesthood with the puppet pope acting as High Priest.

Listen to the Holy Spirit speaking thru the Apostle Paul - Romans ch3

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.
For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood,
through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness,
that He might be Just and the Justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Your post lacks the Wisdom of God therefore you are currently unable to understand Truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah and Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 RCC keeps you in a perpetual state of sin whereby you are never Born-Again by the Holy Spirit.

#2 RCC is a 'works' based salvation that seeks to mimic the Law and the OT priesthood with the puppet pope acting as High Priest.

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.
For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood,
through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

Your post lacks the Wisdom of God therefore you are currently unable to understand Truth.
Hey David,

I would like to address your 2 lies.

Catholics, or any Christian that is accepts/given a Triune baptism with water, are born again when they are baptized.

Catholicism is NOT a "'works' based salvation". It is a FAITH+WORKS salvation. Because, as I am sure you already know, faith without works is dead. James 2:14-26

Mary

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey David,

Catholics, or any Christian that is accepts/given a Triune baptism with water, are born again when they are baptized.

Catholicism is NOT a "'works' based salvation". It is a FAITH+WORKS salvation. Because, as I am sure you already know, faith without works is dead. James 2:14-26

Mary

As a former RCC member, my statements are True and Verifiable from the Word of God = Holy Scripture = which cannot lie.

Now, as a Member of the Body of Christ thru His Precious Blood, i have complete forgiveness of sins = ONCE and for ALL

Hebrews ch9
But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come, He went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made by hands and is not a part of this creation. He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves,
but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.

For Christ did not enter a man-made copy of the true sanctuary, but He entered heaven itself, now to appear on our behalf in the presence of God.

Nor did He enter heaven to offer Himself again and again, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.
Otherwise, Christ would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world.
But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment,
so also Christ was offered
once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time,
not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favorite illustrations of Jesus' church is that of a Temple
constructed of individual stones craftily fit together to form a structure .
Take away the individual stones and there would be no structure.

In other words: Catholicism's hierarchy is a poor representation of Jesus'
church. They're just managers. Jesus' church is actually the folks warming
the pews rather than the folks who own the pews; and I sincerely believe
that holds true for every denomination whether Catholic, Protestant, SDA,
JWs, or whatever.
_
Nobody ever said that the hierarchy WAS the Church.
The Church is the BODY (the faithful) and the Head (Christ) (Col. 1:18).

Your skewed views of the Church - and the fact that you left, are all based on your ignorance of what the Church is.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BOTH of your points are woefully incorrect.
An ignorant post, indeed . . .

#1 – Your claim is absolute nonsense for which there is ZERO evidence. I need for YOU to show me where the Church teaches the falsehood that we are kept in a “perpetual state of sin whereby you are never Born-Again by the Holy Spirit.”
Give me the paragraph # from the Catechism – or just admit that you LIED . . .

Not ONLY do we teach about being born again in the Holy Spirit – we taught this truth to the WORLD. This is where your Protestant Fathers learned about it. True, that they later came up with their OWN version opf that truth – whereas, Catholics always stuck to the Biblical definition prescribed in verses like John 3:5, Acts 2:38-39, Col. 2:11-12 and 1 Pet. 3:21.

#2 –
The Church does NOT teach A “Works salvation”. We are saved by the grace of God because of what Jesus Christ already did for us. HOWEVER, we ,ust cooperate with God’s grace in order to receive it or it is NOT a gift.

Whereas, many Protestants adhere to “easy-believeism: - Catholics don’t because faith is MUCH more than just “believing”. James 2:19 tells us that even the demons believe – so that’s NOT good enough.

Echoing the sentiments of Jesus Christ Himself in the Lesson of the Sheep and the Goats (Matt. 25:31-46)Paul reminds us that God prepared works in advance for us to do (Eph. 2:10). What happens to the Goats who don’t do these works?
As Paul says, “The ONLY thing that matters is faith WORKING through love” (Gal. 5:6).

These works are an essential element of faith – NOT simply an “after effect”. THIS is why James states firmly that faith without works is DEAD (James 2:24).

FAITH = Belief + Obedience (works, surrender).

Without ANY of these elements – you don’t have FAITH.

As to your idiotic LIE that the Pope is our "High Priest" -
From Paragraphs 1544 & 1546 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

The Christian tradition considers Melchizedek, "priest of God Most High," as a prefiguration of the priesthood of Christ, the unique "high priest after the order of Melchizedek";16 "

Christ, high priest and unique mediator, has made of the Church "a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."20

So, either admit that you LIED – or that you are simply ignorant of Catholic teaching.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a former RCC member, my statements are True and Verifiable from the Word of God = Holy Scripture = which cannot lie.

Now, as a Member of the Body of Christ thru His Precious Blood, i have complete forgiveness of sins = ONCE and for ALL
Wanna retract that statement now that I've pretty much publicly-SPANKED you with the facts??

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true church is all mankind

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
WRONG . the true church is and are ONLY THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN CHRIST . Though pope francis might agree with you .
I marvel that even catholics follow that man . THOUGH i dont and wont follow the CC .
Cause even francis teaches some things contrary to their own doctrine . But even many of the protestant realm
follow that man . NUFF with this false religoin . TIME for the truth .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST , learn and embrace all things HE DID teach . ALL ELSE IS VAIN .
PS the apostels also left us letters in the bible that i suggest we LEARN WELL . NUFF with this all inclusive delusion .
Its death and its end bringeth and shall bring all who followed it to the second death .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

BOL could come up with a hundred CARNAL MINDED reasons why the Word of God makes ZERO sense to BOL.
Scripture itself tells us and verifies....WHY it makes ZERO sense to BOL.

1 Cor 2:
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 8:
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Cor 2:
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Your foolishness has nothing to do with me.
Your foolishness of your claiming Jesus sounds like an idiot, is accounted to you!

:(

Last edited:

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers and sisters in Christ, does this discussion bring joy to your heart and spirit? Or does the participation of Protestants merely provide an opportunity for others to remind us post after post how blessed we are to be in Christ? :shine:

• Sad
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wanna retract that statement now that I've pretty much publicly-SPANKED you with the facts??
God gave you His Statement of Salvation in the Gospel of Christ

a.) Apostle John = 1:11-13
He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

b.) Apostle John 3:5-8
Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

c.) Hebrews 9:24-28
For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Choose wisely, for the wrong choice leads straight to Hell.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers and sisters in Christ, does this discussion bring joy to your heart and spirit? Or does the participation of Protestants merely provide an opportunity for others to remind us post after post how blessed we are to be in Christ? :shine:
BOTH

a.) ALWAYS GREAT JOY in SALVATION thru CHRIST and CHRIST Alone

b.) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@David in NJ

* BOL has no clue he misrepresents the Word of God with Carnal Minded foolishness.
* Thereafter takes his cue from his “holy pope father” to call names to those who disagree with his foolishness.
* Thereafter reveals his own natural reputation of arrogance and pride of being spiritually discerned.

:rolleyes:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey David,

Mary

What “WORKS” ? Example?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ

* BOL has no clue he misrepresents the Word of God with Carnal Minded foolishness.
* Thereafter takes his cue from his “holy pope father” to call names to those who disagree with his foolishness.
* Thereafter reveals his own natural reputation of arrogance and pride of being spiritually discerned.

:rolleyes:
Whereby we yield to the Holy Spirit of Truth for the Reason of our Hope in Christ and Christ Alone.

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God,
not by works, so that no one can boast.

“However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,
Or what is the place of My rest?
Has My hand not made all these things?’

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews ch9
But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come, He went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made by hands and is not a part of this creation. He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves,
but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.

For Christ did not enter a man-made copy of the true sanctuary, but He entered heaven itself, now to appear on our behalf in the presence of God.

Nor did He enter heaven to offer Himself again and again, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.
Otherwise, Christ would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world.
But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment,
so also Christ was offered
once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time,
not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.
As a former Catholic you have committed another lie. Here is what The Church teaches about faith+works: Catechism of the Catholic Church

THAT is what The Church AND Scripture teaches. Stop lying.

So I ask YOU, David: “What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?”