What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what I said – but I realize that YOU can only converse dishonestly . . .

Like I said – you can CLAIM to be from Mars – but that doesn’t make it so.

And just because YOU can’t grasp being celibate for the service of God – like Paul – doesn’t mean that those who ARE celibate are all drunken perverts.

Sounds like you’re
projecting . . .
Celibacy has no meaning for Christian service. It is so unnatural that it is nothing but a distraction from Christian service and it has done nothing but cause the Catholic Church disgrace and cost the Church millions to pay damages. You can look on the pedophile registry list in your area.

You want to serve Christ bring people to the Lord and do Good Deeds.

The real reason for the Church's requirement for celibacy is that the Church does no want to pay to support the priests and their families.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your Scripture for YOU PRAYING TO saints in HEAVEN...
IS WHAT?

LOL...WHAAAAT?
Seriously, you do not know...
BODY’s are out of the dust of the Earth, DIE, return to the dust of Earth.
SAVED SOULS’ and QUICKENED SPIRITS, come from God, and return to God in HEAVEN...

Of course a Saved soul and Quickened spirit, DEPARTS OUT OF A DEAD BODY! :laughing:
Your nervous laughter only tells me that you CANNJOT answer the question about the Body of Christ.

I can ask ANYBODY in the Body of Christ to pray for me.
So, tell me - WHEN were those in Heaven kicked out of the Body of Christ??.

A Departed Spirit in Heaven, who is charged with the TASK of taking Prayers to God SHOULD have notified you....that THOSE ARE PRAYERS of the UNSAVED BELIEVERS, who intercessory IS JESUS....not you...not Saints in Heaven.

And IF you think they are taking YOUR prayers to God....THEN YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED....the SAVED AND BORN AGAIN....no longer REQUIRE a intercessory....THEY Have Gods Spirit IN them and can communicate DIRECTLY with God!

AGAIN....Where does ANY Scripture teach you to PRAY TO any Saints?

Really? You communicate with men WITHOUT their body NOW?
Fascinating!
I showed you. You don’t accept....no matter to me.
So YOUR TURN, where is YOUR SCRIPTURE that teaches you to PRAY “TO” Saints.......on Earth or in Heaven?
WRONG – it doesn’t say that you cannot pray to a created being for ANY reason.

Show me the Chapter and Verse that states this – or just admit that you LIED.
So far, you’ve FAILED.

ONE
more time, Einstein . . .
Rev. 5:8

And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

The elders in Heaven TAKING our prayers to God.
YOUR idiotic nonsense about the prayers being from “UNSAVED believers” doesn’t even make sense. The unsaved aren’t believers and they certainly don’t pray to God - OR ask for saintly intercession.

‘According to YOU – they’re NO LONGER part of the Body of Christ because they left this world.
What a load of
UN-Biblical manure . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic war against Bible reading...

In 1199, Pope Innocent III, writing in a letter to the bishop of Metz, banned the reading the Bible in private meetings (which he labeled as occultis conventiculis, or "hidden assemblies").
False assumption. You don't say what "Bible" false cults were reading, and you don't know how to do the research to back up your phony claim. You cite no source and I'm not doing your homework for you. The onus is on you to prove what happened 1100 years ago, as if that's supposed to mean anything in todays world.
The Council of Trent (1545-1564) placed the Bible on its list of prohibited books, and forbade any person to read the Bible without a license from a Roman Catholic bishop or inquisitor. The Council added these words: "That if any one shall dare to read or keep in his possession that book, without such a license, he shall not receive absolution till he has given it up to his ordinary."
Because false bibles were circulating. It's the same reason you would reject a gender neutral bible.
The bishops confirmed that the Latin Vulgate Bible, in use by Christians for over a thousand years, was the correct version for Catholics to use. It is true that the Church fathers at Trent were concerned about the numerous new translations of Scripture that were filled with error and misinformation and lacked proper and authentic notes. Consequently, they did mandate that only with permission of the pope could versions other than the Vulgate be read.​

Myths and Facts About the Council of Trent << that's citing a source, something you never do.

If I fell for half the lies you do, I wouldn't be Catholic either.
  • Luther's bible came out in 1520 and before his Bible appeared there were exactly 104 editions of the Bible in Latin;
  • there were 9 before the birth of Luther in the German language,
  • and there were 27 in German before the Lutheran Bible appeared.
  • Before the Protestant Bible appeared there were already in Italy more than 40 editions and 25 of these were in the Italian language with the express permission of Rome.
  • In France there were 18 editions before 1547.
  • Spain began her editions in 1478.
  • In all, 626 editions of the Bible with 198 in the language of the laity, had been edited before the first Protestant Bible was sent forth into the world.
With all this evidence why should there be those intellectuals who declare that the Church despised the Bible? This testimony shows that the Church fought to preserve it, translate it, and multiply it. She saved it from utter destruction at the hands of infidels; she saved it from total extinction by guarding it as the greatest treasure of all ages.
source

1678747067074.png

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bread of life is actually what the true RCC is all about . He studies diligently all things they do teach .
Which outta tell ya why i dont sit under that place . Most catholics are like most protestants
they basically just go with the motions and throw some religion in maybe at church .
He is a solider of ROME and any pope would probably be proud , so very proud of him .
But then you see why i dont sit under Rome . Most of your catholics are as lukewarm
in their religoin as are lots of protestants in theirs . Its why they also are so fast to call for this unity so called
THEY actually believe even mormons follow the same JESUS . If folks even dared
to study their own leaders and where their doctrine came from and then knew about other faiths
THEY WOULD know full well , WELL WE CANT JOIN IN UNITY with all that mess . That light and dark cannot coexist .
Another stupid and uninformed post . . .

Ummmmm, by the way, genius - where do you get the idea that we believe that Mormons follow the same Jesus Christ as WE do??

Didn't anybody ever tell you that God hates liars?
Rev. 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and ALL LIARS their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Good luck with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Celibacy has no meaning for Christian service. It is so unnatural that it is nothing but a distraction from Christian service and it has done nothing but cause the Catholic Church disgrace and cost the Church millions to pay damages. You can look on the pedophile registry list in your area.

The real reason for the Church's requirement for celibacy is that the Church does no want to pay to support the priests and their families.
I see you went to the Jack Chick Comic Book School of Theology.
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

Dust off
your Bible and turn to 1 Cor. 7: . . .

1 Cor. 7:8, 32-35, 38)

“To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. . . . I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried woman or girl is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit; but the married woman is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord. . . . he who marries his betrothed does well; and he who REFRAINS from marriage will do BETTER”

Paul taught that being married is a good thing – but to remain UNMARRIED is an even MORE excellent way to serve the Lord.
So much for YOUR perverted understanding . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Ummmmm, by the way, genius - where do you get the idea that we believe that Mormons follow the same Jesus Christ as WE do??
Because he read it on the internet so it must be true.o_O

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

IV. Celibacy is Church Practice, Not Dogma​

Matt. 19:11-12 – Jesus says celibacy is a gift from God and whoever can bear it should bear it. Jesus praises and recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church. Because celibacy is a gift from God, those who criticize the Church’s practice of celibacy are criticizing God and this wonderful gift He bestows on His chosen ones.

Matt. 19:29 – Jesus says that whoever gives up children for the sake of His name will receive a hundred times more and will inherit eternal life. Jesus praises celibacy when it is done for the sake of His kingdom.

Matt. 22:30 – Jesus explains that in heaven there are no marriages. To bring about Jesus’ kingdom on earth, priests live the heavenly consecration to God by not taking a wife in marriage. This way, priests are able to focus exclusively on the spiritual family, and not have any additional pressures of the biological family (which is for the vocation of marriage). This also makes it easier for priests to be transferred to different parishes where they are most needed without having to worry about the impact of their transfer on wife and children.

1 Cor 7:1 – Paul teaches that it is well for a man not to touch a woman. This is the choice that the Catholic priests of the Roman rite freely make.

1 Cor. 7:7 – Paul also acknowledges that celibacy is a gift from God and wishes that all were celibate like he is.

1 Cor. 7:27 – Paul teaches men that they should not seek marriage. In Paul’s opinion, marriage introduces worldly temptations that can interfere with one’s relationship with God, specifically regarding those who will become full-time ministers in the Church.

1 Cor. 7:32-33, 38 – Paul recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church so that they are able to focus entirely upon God and building up His kingdom. He “who refrains from marriage will do better.”

1 Tim. 3:2 – Paul instructs that bishops must be married only once. Many Protestants use this verse to prove that the Church’s celibacy law is in error. But they are mistaken because this verse refers to bishops that were widowers. Paul is instructing that these widowers could not remarry. The verse also refers to those bishops who were currently married. They also could not remarry (in the Catholic Church’s Eastern rite, priests are allowed to marry; celibacy is only a disciplinary rule for the clergy of the Roman rite). Therefore, this text has nothing to do with imposing a marriage requirement on becoming a bishop.

1 Tim. 4:3 – in this verse, Paul refers to deceitful doctrines that forbid marriage. Many non-Catholics also use this verse to impugn the Church’s practice of celibacy. This is entirely misguided because the Catholic Church (unlike many Protestant churches) exalts marriage to a sacrament. In fact, marriage is elevated to a sacrament, but consecrated virginity is not. The Church declares marriage sacred, covenantal and lifegiving. Paul is referring to doctrines that forbid marriage and other goods when done outside the teaching of Christ and for a lessor good. Celibacy is an act of giving up one good (marriage and children) for a greater good (complete spiritual union with God).

1 Tim. 5:9-12 – Paul recommends that older widows take a pledge of celibacy. This was the beginning of women religious orders.

Rev. 14:4 – unlike our sinful world of the flesh, in heaven, those consecrated to virginity are honored.

Isaiah 56:3-7 – the eunuchs who keep God’s covenant will have a special place in the kingdom of heaven.

Jer. 16:1-4 – Jeremiah is told by God not to take a wife or have children.

Only one Catholic rite requires mandatory celibacy, exceptions are made even in the Latin rite because celibacy is not a doctrine.

1678748227241.png 1678748282949.png1678748438514.png1678748537441.png 1678748599551.png

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:31, "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day."

John 3:16-17, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

You see the world one way but God sees it exactly the opposite way!
Rev 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We are poor, we are wretched, we are hateful, mean, greedy, and most of all or worst of all LIARS.
Everywhere lies, lies, lies." Speak for yourself!
This isn't a statement to be taken personal.
The spiritual condition of the world is truly in peril.
All of the leaders are seeking their own gain.
People are killing people in the streets.
Are you saying that Chicago and LA and Detroit are figments of my imagination?
Drug abuse, mental illness... I could go on..
All of these are symptoms of sin.
And when you witness violence in the streets and the media tells you it's a peaceful protest..
You can't hear the lies they spew right in your face???
London Bridge is falling down. And on one hand that is good, this babylon system needs to fall.
But on the other is much pain and suffering.
Chemicals being spilled into rivers, people in the vacinity frightened they can't drink the water, that it will make them sick.
Food processing plants all of a sudden burning to the ground. Children dying from fentynal brought in by drug cartels, and whoever is seeking to earn a living for trafficking.
You don't see people accusing people for anything and everything, because they don't think alike? And no one willing to take responsibility for anything?

Are you blind man?

I know God has this. I know babylon has to fall. But it's devouring innocent people on it's way down.
And those at the top haven't felt it yet, but they will. In the meantime they just keep on keeping on, making everything hard for everyone else for their own selfish reasons.

I know you see this.
Am I lying?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who has confessed Jesus and have believed that God has rose him from the dead are Christian. As the scripture says…

8 The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10

From there pray and let God lead you to the church he would have you in. Which can be..

1. Messianic
2. Oriental Orthodox
3. Greek Orthodox
4. Catholic
5. Protestant
6. English revived
7. American Word of Faith - Including non-denominational

As far as how all of that pans out I am not worthy to know as the Bible says…

1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5

I believe, therefore, that the Catholic Church is indeed a Christian denomination. But there are many Christian churches on this earth not Catholic.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You dont see china or russia claiming to be christain , and yet even they have not honored some sins NEAR as much as have the western nations and her churches " Aside from your usual, deplorable English, this is going way too far! If you believe this garbage why don't you move to China or Russia? YOU ARE FILLED WITH SIN AND CLEARLY DIRECTED BY SATAN TO CURSE THE BODY OF CHRIST!!! ETERNAL TORMENT AWAITS YOU!!!
The thing that awaits true non conforming christains is persecution from the conformed ones .
Soon enough all will unite as one under the common lie of this wisely crafted false love religion .
As many are already . Soon enough even preaching CHRIST as the only means for salvation , that one has
to believe in HIM will be seen as totally offensive to the sold out realm of christendom and the united religoins
they come to believe worship the same GOD that christians do . Its a lie of course
But the false love god is taking so many captive now to a lie that UNITES them as one .
Eternal damnation awaits those who denied CHRIST , the gospel and all who united with this universal false love
god and its religoin that is now uniting all faiths and all religoins and even secular under its false love .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
understand the Early Roman Catholic Church (325 AD and on) you have to understand the Roman way of thinking and doing things and then you have to understand who is running the Church and who isn't. There were no Jewish-Christians at the Ecumenical Councils that I know of......Its all Gentiles.....Pagans that had converted to Christianity....that the Bible calls Gentiles. They come from different Christian churches from different regions. They converted to the beliefs of Christianity but retained their own customs and holidays. They bring all that into Christianity and that is fine. Eventually they will Christianize their customs and holidays. Emperor Constantine insisted on combining the Christian and Pagan holidays so as not to constantly shutdown the Empire for individual holidays.
Prophecy foretold that there was to be a power that would inherit the character of those pagan empires listed in Daniel: Babylon, Meda-Persia, Greece, and Rome. A characteristic that Protestantism took a long time to shed, and has yet not done so completely... The panchant for appealing to the secular powers for support in establishing her doctrines upon society. Though not all Christian, the founding fathers of your nation understood the danger of welcoming Catholic clergy into the new world. The early settlers were escaping clerical tyranny, sadly, they brought a lot of the mindset with them, and my understanding of prophecy is that it will be a fallen protestant America which appeals to government to legislate religious doctrine.
This Roman way continues on through history from Empires to Kingdoms and so on until around the 19th century. And the American and French Revolutions occurs in the 1700's and Vatican II occurs in 1962.

it is time for this feud between the Protestants and Catholics to end.
It isn't a feud. The issue with catholicism goes much further than a long standing dispute with Protestantism over doctrine and power. The prophetic future is being played out as we speak... Catholic global hegemony through the vehicle of ecumenism and the NWO. No-one will be immune to her persecutions except they submit to papal authority and those legislated doctrines that protestantism in America will establish on her behalf.
No – I think it’s more about your NOT being able to substantiate your false prophetess’s invented doctrines.
As I said. Your ignorance of Christian history is exposing your limited understanding of reality. Ellen White did not invent what you call "soul sleep", a misnomer for the long held Christian belief that when people die, the whole person... Body or soul... Which includes all consciousness, rests in the grave until the resurrection. The first Christian to teach this was Jesus Himself. I quoted 2 texts, there are numerous more of you need them, (you could find them easily enough of you owned a Bible, perhaps stay with John 5:28,29). to substantiate this. I think Jesus is the standard for all truth don't you think? Your quotes of Paul to substantiate a contradiction is a gross misuse of Paul's writings... Unless you think he disagreed with Jesus.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Didn't anybody ever tell you that God hates liars?
Rev. 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and ALL LIARS their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Good luck with that . . .
many within both the protestant realm and yes even the catholic one , now believe God is fine with all paths
all religoins , that we do serve the same GOD . They did a poll on it .
Its almost seventy percent that now beleive this . Not all Catholics do nor do all protestants , but the majority of them do .
Fact .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your nervous laughter only tells me that you CANNJOT answer the question about the Body of Christ.

I can ask ANYBODY in the Body of Christ to pray for me.
So, tell me - WHEN were those in Heaven kicked out of the Body of Christ??.

WRONG – it doesn’t say that you cannot pray to a created being for ANY reason.

Show me the Chapter and Verse that states this – or just admit that you LIED.
So far, you’ve FAILED.

ONE
more time, Einstein . . .
Rev. 5:8

And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

The elders in Heaven TAKING our prayers to God.
YOUR idiotic nonsense about the prayers being from “UNSAVED believers” doesn’t even make sense. The unsaved aren’t believers and they certainly don’t pray to God - OR ask for saintly intercession.

‘According to YOU – they’re NO LONGER part of the Body of Christ because they left this world.
What a load of
UN-Biblical manure . . .

How dense...No not according to me GASLIGHTER.
You blabbing on about being kicked out of the body of Christ....LOL

DUH...Unsaved BELIEVERS, have an ADVOCATE to hear their prayers...
Uh....JESUS ring a bell?

DUH...saved souls and quickened spirits DEPART their own dead body...

Didn’t you learn anything Scriptural in your Catholic indoctrination?

You pray to dead men and women.
Dead men and women are your pseudo intercessors to God... :rolleyes:

Scripture never teaches to Pray TO MEN or TO WOMEN or TO SAINTS.
And why, you could never provide a Scripture saying PRAY TO Men, or women, or TO SAINTS.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You dont see china or russia claiming to be christain , and yet even they have not honored some sins NEAR as much as have the western nations and her churches " Aside from your usual, deplorable English, this is going way too far! If you believe this garbage why don't you move to China or Russia? YOU ARE FILLED WITH SIN AND CLEARLY DIRECTED BY SATAN TO CURSE THE BODY OF CHRIST!!! ETERNAL TORMENT AWAITS YOU!!!
I wont move to china or russia . My love for the peoples to help them and to warn against error
is my reason . It wont matter where one moves , what matters is that we follow the biblical Christ
and teach HIS teachings . I aint looking for the easy road , nor do i fear any kind of persecution .
Why run . There is no where in this world that evil does not exist . Rather i shall expose the darkness
and point to Christ . And that includes warning against false leaders and all who would decieve and fleece their flocks .
I aint the enemy jim . I just want what is best for you .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... And it is time for this feud between the Protestants and Catholics to end.

Don’t count on it, any more than you might count on nations governing men sitting at a diplomacy round table pretending they can establish world peace.

Jesus Came to DIVIDE the People.
People are DIVIDED; with or without the Lord God.
That DIVID-ING time shall End on SEPARATION Day.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t count on it, any more than you might count on nations governing men sitting at a diplomacy round table pretending they can establish world peace.

Jesus Came to DIVIDE the People.
People are DIVIDED; with or without the Lord God.
That DIVID-ING time shall End on SEPARATION Day.
The lambs shall contend for the true faith till the last and final breath . YES INDEED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Hit the trenches ziggy . we shall contend for the true faith to the last breath . To the LORD be all the glory .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan

Do you think they teach that book in schools nowadays??
I think every child should have a copy.
Enjoy

Hugs

Reactions: Nancy