What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly told you I TRUST Jesus’ Chosen Teachers....(Apostles)

Thanks for sharing YOU DO NOT TRUST the Apostles teachings.
Guess you learned that in Catholic school. :rolleyes:
Hey, Taken. The Apostles taught Hebrews 13:17. How do you fulfill that teaching? What man rules over you?

Looking forward to your dodge or non-answer.....

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the world from many perspectives.
God is the Judge.
And whether you are unjust or filthy, or righteous and holy, He will judge with righteous judgement what rewards belong to whom.

Mar 2:17
When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

These are not my words, they are his.
Hugs
Obviously. What is your point?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Is it for the government entities benefit that you turn the other cheek, or for God's benefit.
Who recieves the glory, the government or God?

Why brush off the dust from your feet when you are not accepted?
Are they not accepting you, or rather the one whom sent you?
Is this Priest acting on his own behalf or on God's who sent him?

Hugs
Good question, should we consider government entities like a town? Brushing off the feet is a testament against the town. Or maybe the individuals of it who by a majority rejected you.

I tend to think more poorly of groups than of individuals. Because the synergy of evil between evil individuals is always worse, not better. And with the individual there is a soul to consider.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Celibacy has no meaning for Christian service. It is so unnatural that it is nothing but a distraction from Christian service and it has done nothing but cause the Catholic Church disgrace and cost the Church millions to pay damages. You can look on the pedophile registry list in your area.

You want to serve Christ bring people to the Lord and do Good Deeds.

The real reason for the Church's requirement for celibacy is that the Church does no want to pay to support the priests and their families.
Why do you disagree with Paul (1 Corinthians) and Matthew (19)?

FYI....There are married Catholic priests ;)

Your entire post is bizarre and a lie.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul points out that the attempt at celibacy can lead to immorality and we can see what it has done to the Catholic Church. No, Christ loves children and Christianity loves families and there is a focus on the family.
You should read ALL of Scripture instead of those parts that fit YOUR narrative: and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How dense...No not according to me GASLIGHTER.
You blabbing on about being kicked out of the body of Christ....LOL

DUH...Unsaved BELIEVERS, have an ADVOCATE to hear their prayers...
Uh....JESUS ring a bell?

DUH...saved souls and quickened spirits DEPART their own dead body...

Didn’t you learn anything Scriptural in your Catholic indoctrination?

You pray to dead men and women.
Dead men and women are your pseudo intercessors to God... :rolleyes:

Scripture never teaches to Pray TO MEN or TO WOMEN or TO SAINTS.
And why, you could never provide a Scripture saying PRAY TO Men, or women, or TO SAINTS.
I HAVE provided Scripture verses. The fact that YOU ignore them doesn’t make them “go away”.. It just makes YOU a liar . . .

As for those in Heaven interceding on our behalf – Rev. 8:5 shows this explicitly, as they are taking our prayers to God.
YOUR idiotic explanation that they are prayers of “unsaved” believers” is not only STUPID – it’s completely unsupported by the text. “Unsaved” people are NOT “Believers”, Einstein.
That’s why they’re UNsaved.

Finally – I can overwhelm you with verses of people praying to people – nut I’ll just five you the verses showing Jesus praying to people . . .
(Matt. 5:46, Matt. 5:47, Matt. 6:27, Matt. 6:28, Matt. 7:3, Matt. 7:16, Matt. 8:26, Matt. 9:4, Matt. 9:5, Matt. 9:15, Matt. 9:28, Matt. 11:7, Matt. 11:16, Matt. 12:11, Matt. 12:29, Matt. 12:34, Matt. 12:48, Matt. 14:31, Matt. 15:3, Matt. 15:34, Matt. 16:9, Matt. 16:13, Matt. 16:15, Matt. 16:26, Matt. 17:17, Matt. 17:25, Matt. 18:12, Matt. 19:17, Matt. 20:21, Matt. 20:22, Matt. 20:32, Matt. 21:25, Matt. 21:28, Matt. 21:42, Matt. 22:18, Matt. 22:42, Matt. 23:17-19, Matt. 23:33, Matt. 26:10, Matt. 26:40, Matt. 26:53, Matt. 26:54, Matt. 26:55, Matt. 27:46, Mark 2:8, Mark 4:21, Mark 4:30, Mark 4:40, Mark 5:9, Mark 5:30, Mark 5:39, Mark 7:18, Mark 7:18, Mark 8:12, Mark 8:17-18, Mark 8:19, Mark 8:20, Mark 8:21, Mark 8:23, Mark 9:12, Mark 9:33, Mark 9:50, Mark 10:3, Mark 10:18, Mark 10:51, Mark 12:15, Mark 13:2, Mark 14:37, Mark 14:37, Luke 2:49, Luke 2:49, Luke 5:22, Luke 5:23, Luke 6:46, Luke 8:25, Luke 8:30, Luke 8:45, Luke 10:15, Luke 10:26, Luke 10:36, Luke 11:40, Luke 12:14-15, Luke 12:25, Luke 12:57, Luke 14:31, Luke 14:34, Luke 15:4, Luke 15:8, Luke 16:11, Luke 17:17, Luke 18:7, Luke 18:8, Luke 22:27, Luke 22:46, Luke 23:31, Luke 24:17, Luke 24:19, Luke 24:26, Luke 24:38, Luke 24:41, John 1:38, John 2:4, John 3:10, John 3:12, John 4:7, John 5:6, John 5:44, John 5:47, John 6:5, John 6:61, John 6:62, John 6:67, John 6:70, John 7:19, John7:19, John 7:23, John 8:10, John 8:43, John 8:46, John 8:46, John 10:36, John 11:9, John 11:26, John 11:33, John 13:12, John 14:9, John 18:4,7, John 18:11, John 18:34, John 18:21, John 18:23, John 20:15, John 21:5, John 21:17, John 21:22)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking of you, wavers between laughable and distain.

Expected you would not comprehend man-KIND is taught relationships between and amongst man-KIND in preparation for an eternal relationship with the Lord God.

JEWS, call every violation of Jewish Law....a SIN!
DUH!

Oh, but that’s right your church is build upon Simon Peter, a Human Jewish man.
James isn’t teaching Judaism or the LAW.
He is teaching the forgiveness of CHRIST. In other words, Einstein – the GOSPEL message.

This is the NEW Testament – NOT the Old.
James
is telling his readers to confess their SINS to one another (James 5:126).

You LOSE this argument as well . . .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question, should we consider government entities like a town? Brushing off the feet is a testament against the town. Or maybe the individuals of it who by a majority rejected you.

I tend to think more poorly of groups than of individuals. Because the synergy of evil between evil individuals is always worse, not better. And with the individual there is a soul to consider.
It seems the issue is with a Hospital that fired a Priest for answering a patients question concerning marriage.

A Roman Catholic priest in the United Kingdom is pursuing legal action against a public hospital trust after he was allegedly ousted from a National Health Service (NHS) facility for responding to a patient's question about the Church's stance on sexuality and marriage.
Rev. Patrick Pullicino, 73, who was a temporary member of staff at South West London and St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust, was told that the Trust’s policy on equality and diversity "takes precedence over religious belief" after the patient complained, according to his legal counsel at the London-based Christian Legal Centre.
Pullicino told Fox News Digital that the incident, which took place in August 2019, happened when a Catholic patient at the NHS hospital requested to take a walk with him, during which he told the priest about his same-sex partner and asked what he thought about it.

Pullicino was later informed that a formal complaint had been lodged against him for his comments. Vanessa Ford, the acting chief executive of South West London and St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust, reportedly said in a written response to the complaint that the Trust’s policy on equality and diversity "takes precedence over religious belief."

The priest ultimately had his contract with the hospital terminated while he was on annual leave in January 2020, his lawyers say.

equality and diversity "takes precedence over religious belief."

This is where we are now.
It'd everywhere.
They are trying to kill God.

My question then is: Do we fight God's battles or does he fight ours?
I totally understand the wanting an Eye for an Eye in this scenerio.
I'm just not sure it's the right approach.

If this St. George's Mental Health NHS Trust is connected or funded by the Catholic Church,
I suppose I would think the Church would withhold it's funding until religious belief takes precedence over equality and diversity.

They are basically shutting out the church so why shouldn't the church shut them out as well?
Let them be given over to Satan as Paul says.. the secular world, to learn it's lesson.

When they realize the world won't support their ministry perhaps they will return to the Lord's.

It's getting ugly. But as Jim says, it's been like this since the beginning of time.
God will sort it out.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James isn’t teaching Judaism or the LAW.
He is teaching the forgiveness of CHRIST. In other words, Einstein – the GOSPEL message.

This is the NEW Testament – NOT the Old.
James
is telling his readers to confess their SINS to one another (James 5:126).

You LOSE this argument as well . . .
Sins are the transgression of the Law though.
All 10 of them. Which were summed up into 2.
You can't omit the OT from the NT because the OT is the foundation of the NT.
To do so is to only hear half the story.
Hugs

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Tim 3:15 . . If I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in
the household of God, which is the church of the living God; the pillar and
foundation of truth.

It's a very common among Catholics to look at that verse and let their minds
see the church as the pillar and foundation of truth rather than God. But that
would make no sense at all since the church of the living God consists of
mortal beings infected with human nature and a natural propensity to
embellish the truth and twist it rather than preserve it.

It's far more likely that 1Tim 3:15 is saying that if there were no real live
God out there somewhere, then Christianity would be a silly myth. It's only
the reality of God that makes so-called "truth" to be actual fact; valid, and
reliable.
_

Reactions: Ziggy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the reasons that you cannot read the Bible like its the local Sunday paper.
For the Jews, for a guy to remain celibate, it was like spitting on the cross.
Could a celibate man be a Jewish religious leader.....? Look it up. LOL Scarcely any references to celibates are to be found in the Bible or in the Talmud, and no medieval rabbi is known to have lived as a celibate The Jewish Virtual Library
But it is easy to come to the belief that the New Testament has no focus on the family. That this modern focus on the family is a modern heresy! That the New Testament advocated celibacy for all Christians.

Now that would have been a popular religion!....LOL. Where do I sign up for that! In that time period a religion that promoted celibacy would have been a very strange idea....people like the word cult....it would have been considered a cult. It would have not really got anywhere or lasted anytime. But if it did?! Imagine what Christian churches would be like....with just single people with no families or children. Don't worry it would have never lasted that long. But the question did come up from the Church of Corinth.....Is it good for a man not to touch a woman.

1st Corinthians 7:1-8
7:1 Now concerning the things about which you wrote, it is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband. 3 The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and [b]come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 But this I say by way of concession, not of command. 7 Yet I wish that all men were even as I myself am. However, each man has his own gift from God, one in this manner, and another in that. 8 But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. 9 But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Paul points out that the attempt at celibacy can lead to immorality and we can see what it has done to the Catholic Church. No, Christ loves children and Christianity loves families and there is a focus on the family.

Father and Son....Yahweh and Yeshua....they weren't buddies....they were family.....we are not buddies with God....we are family....the concept runs through the whole New Testament.
Your comments above in RED highlight your complete dishonestly and abject ignorance.

NOBODY is saying that the New Testament advocates celibacy for “ALL” Christians.
Paul makes it crystal-clear that when it comes to serving God, marriage is a GOOD thing – but celibacy is better (1 Cor. 7:38).

NOBODY
is saying that the New Testament has “NO focus on the family.
Scripture is littered with verses about the importance of family (Gen. 2:24, Exod. 20:12, 1 Tim. 3:5, 5:8, Col. 3:20).

Finally – NOBODY is talking about Jewish people being celibate – even though, Paul, a Jewish guy WAS celibate.
This is about CHRISTIANS. The Law does NOT pertain to Christians – especially GENTILE Christians, whom Paul is writing to.

Your argument goes in all directions because you simply do NOT grasp what Paul is saying in 1 Cor. 7. It’s not a mandate to be celibate. It’s a CHOICE – and a very HOLY choice at that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sins are the transgression of the Law though.
All 10 of them. Which were summed up into 2.
You can't omit the OT from the NT because the OT is the foundation of the NT.
To do so is to only hear half the story.
Hugs
THYANK YOU.
You just made my argument against @Taken, who insists that people CANNOT forgive sins against them.

The last 7 Commandments are about SINS against your fellow man

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Tim 3:15 . . If I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in
the household of God, which is the church of the living God; the pillar and
foundation of truth.

It's a very common among Catholics to look at that verse and let their minds
see the church as the pillar and foundation of truth rather than God. But that
would make no sense at all since the church of the living God consists of
mortal beings infected with human nature and a natural propensity to
embellish the truth and twist it rather than preserve it.

It's far more likely that 1Tim 3:15 is saying that if there were no real live
God out there somewhere, then Christianity would be a silly myth. It's only
the reality of God that makes so-called "truth" to be actual fact; valid, and
reliable.
_
HUH??
The “so-called” truth??

Remember, Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
Jesus guaranteed that HIS Church would be led to ALL Truth by the Holy Spirit (John 16:;12-15).

Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit calls the Church the pillar and foundation of that truth.
We also read in Heb. 1:22-23, that the Church is the FULLNESS of Christ, who is Truth itself.

Yes, the Church is made up of human beings – but at the HEAD is Jesus Christ, who IS truth (Col. 1:18). Men within the Church can make mistakes - but because Christ is the Head – it cannot teach error.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THYANK YOU.
You just made my argument against @Taken, who insists that people CANNOT forgive sins against them.

The last 7 Commandments are about SINS against your fellow man
Actually the first 4 commandments belong to God and the remaining 6 ..... well these belong to God and your neighbor.

You shouldn't hate God, or Lie to God, Steal from God, flirt around with other gods on God, Bear false witness to God,
or Covet anything that is God's.
But God attributes these to our neighbour as well.

As far as people CANNOT forgive sins against them... I'm sorry I haven't been following the conversation that closely so I don't know what this refers to.

Hugs

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the first 4 commandments belong to God and the remaining 6 ..... well these belong to God and your neighbor.
You shouldn't hate God, or Lie to God, Steal from God, flirt around with other gods on God, Bear false witness to God,
or Covet anything that is God's.
But God attributes these to our neighbour as well.
As far as people CANNOT forgive sins against them... I'm sorry I haven't been following the conversation that closely so I don't know what this refers to.

Hugs
WRONG.

Jesus states emphatically after the Lord’s Prayer –
Matt. 6:14015

For if you FORGIVE other people when they SIM against you, your heavenly Father will also FORGIVE you. But if you do not FORGIVE others their SINS, your Father will not FORGIVE your sins.

WHAT are they teaching youo at your separated Protestant factions??

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you gonna answer the question or keep giving me word salads that mean nothing?

Never mind....I got you in a pickle by using your own theology against you and you can't get out of it. RUN from those men that are teaching you Taken RUN!!!

LOL RUN from Christ Jesus and His taught and chosen Apostles...
Pfff...are you NUTZ?

You asked a dumb question....what about the baby’s....duh, they grow up.
You may have MEANT, but did not SAY, what about the baby’s that DIE...

Nothing different from a baby, mentally incompetent, or an adult with full mental capacity.....
DUH....God searches an individual’s truth in their HEART!
Not their Carnal MIND!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Create a “one true church” and mischief will surely follow… When we had a plating department in our facility I worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work. Inside I feared he was right. In many cases religion can inhabit too much personal ego.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Jesus states emphatically after the Lord’s Prayer –
Matt. 6:14015

For if you FORGIVE other people when they SIM against you, your heavenly Father will also FORGIVE you. But if you do not FORGIVE others their SINS, your Father will not FORGIVE your sins.

WHAT are they teaching youo at your separated Protestant factions??
I think our paths are crossing here...
You said:
THYANK YOU.

I should have said: I'm sorry I don't know who "them" are that are being refered to, as I haven't been following the conversation that closely.

Who is "them" ?
Thank You