What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on the circumstances. Perhaps his car wouldn't start.
If everything is woking fine and he chooses not to give the ride, after giving an oath that he would, yes it's a lie. and lying is a sin.

If one man says he believes this, and another man says (he being the first man or the second man? does not believe the same.

If the second man does not agree with the first than they are of a difference of opinion.
If the second man is accusing the first of not believing...
First man says: I believe the car is red. Second man says the first man does not believe the car is red.
I would ask if the second knows how to read minds.

Again, depends on the circumstance. Not everything is a lie. Some things you can't avoid.
But if you are able to be at work and choose not to, then yes, you have lied and should be fired. Lying is a sin.
There should be consequences for sinning.

If the man believed he believed, then changed his mind, I wouldn't consider that a lie or a sin, it is a change of heart.
But if he confessed he believed knowing he did not believe, then it would be a lie, and lying is a sin.

I think this answers the last question also.

Good Morning!
I'm buried in heavy snow. My knee isn't working and my dad is coming home tomorrow.
Thank you @Taken for keeping me focused
:)
HUGS
Global Warming is going to be the death us.

• Haha
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Global Warming is going to be the death us.
We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure, which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.
2 Thessalonians 1:3-10

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on the circumstances. Perhaps his car wouldn't start.
If everything is woking fine and he chooses not to give the ride, after giving an oath that he would, yes it's a lie. and lying is a sin.

If one man says he believes this, and another man says (he being the first man or the second man? does not believe the same.

If the second man does not agree with the first than they are of a difference of opinion.
If the second man is accusing the first of not believing...
First man says: I believe the car is red. Second man says the first man does not believe the car is red.
I would ask if the second knows how to read minds.

Again, depends on the circumstance. Not everything is a lie. Some things you can't avoid.
But if you are able to be at work and choose not to, then yes, you have lied and should be fired. Lying is a sin.
There should be consequences for sinning.

If the man believed he believed, then changed his mind, I wouldn't consider that a lie or a sin, it is a change of heart.
But if he confessed he believed knowing he did not believe, then it would be a lie, and lying is a sin.

I think this answers the last question also.

Good Morning!
I'm buried in heavy snow. My knee isn't working and my dad is coming home tomorrow.
Thank you @Taken for keeping me focused
:)
HUGS
We don’t have snow, but 40 degrees fluctuating temps the last few days. Sorry about your knee and if you be you’re dads caretaker… sounds next several weeks are going to be difficult. Sorry.

My point is all men lied, precisely with intent or without intent but because of unexpected circumstances that arise.

Point being…that is between man and man. Regardless of intent or circumstances…which I find between man and man to be trespasses and excuses, pardons and thank you of the one pardoned. And between man and man…forgiveness of trespasses is Scripturally taught and instituted.
I do not find, disbelief in a man a sin.

Regarding behaviors, beliefs, between man and the Lord God, I find as negatives called SIN and positive called Blessings.God doesn’t say Thank you for believing in Him. God blesses men who Believe in Him.

I delineat a Difference of Sin and Trespasses between man and man AND man and God.

I believe so also did the HEBREWS and Tribes of Israel…even in Jesus’ Day Jews called for Jesus to be Killed for Him making Himself God, BY He forgiving men of Sin against God, and they saying…who can forgive but God Alone, charging Jesus blasphemy , a charge which by Mosaic law, was a death sentence…and why they tried to stone Jesus to Death.

This is just a brief of my perspective, on a deep topic.

Hope you’re able to manage in the upcoming weeks. Take Care. God Bless,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Ziggy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
insult away

But the truth is the truth.

God came to bring peace not war.
Actually Christ the Lord did not come to bring Peace. Luke 12:51

He came to bring Division.

He came to OFFER internal Peace to those divided WITH Him…and the kicker is Even WITH the Lord…as long as you are alive on this earth you will be affected by all the Chaos, turmoil, wars, crimes, underhanded corruption, deceit which those NOT With the Lord MAKE it their daily business, effort and even their life long Career…to keep the world in a giant cluster $@$@!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don’t have snow, but 40 degrees fluctuating temps the last few days. Sorry about your knee and if you be you’re dads caretaker… sounds next several weeks are going to be difficult. Sorry.

My point is all men lied, precisely with intent or without intent but because of unexpected circumstances that arise.

Point being…that is between man and man. Regardless of intent or circumstances…which I find between man and man to be trespasses and excuses, pardons and thank you of the one pardoned. And between man and man…forgiveness of trespasses is Scripturally taught and instituted.
I do not find, disbelief in a man a sin.

Regarding behaviors, beliefs, between man and the Lord God, I find as negatives called SIN and positive called Blessings.God doesn’t say Thank you for believing in Him. God blesses men who Believe in Him.

I delineat a Difference of Sin and Trespasses between man and man AND man and God.

I believe so also did the HEBREWS and Tribes of Israel…even in Jesus’ Day Jews called for Jesus to be Killed for Him making Himself God, BY He forgiving men of Sin against God, and they saying…who can forgive but God Alone, charging Jesus blasphemy , a charge which by Mosaic law, was a death sentence…and why they tried to stone Jesus to Death.

This is just a brief of my perspective, on a deep topic.

Hope you’re able to manage in the upcoming weeks. Take Care. God Bless,
Taken
Jhn 9:1
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Jhn 9:2
And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jhn 9:3
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Jhn 9:18
But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.
Jhn 9:19
And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?
Jhn 9:20
His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:
Jhn 9:21
But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
Jhn 9:22
These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

Did the parents lie?

Hugs

Dad got an extended stay at hospice until Sunday. It's still sbowing, heavy wet snow. Someone is coming today to shovel me out. Praise God. This will give me a couple days to try to get the swelling in my knee/leg down.
I don't have to do anything for it to flare up. But when it does, it makes it very difficult to put any weight on it.
This too shall pass. Hopefully sooner than later.
Thankyou for your kind words.
Hugs

Reactions: Taken

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:14-17 . . As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so
must the Son of Man be lifted up; that whoever believes may in him have
eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son,
that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

The incident to which Christ referred is located at Num 21:5-9.

Long story short: Moses' people became weary of eating manna all the time
at every meal. But instead of courteously, and diplomatically, petitioning
their divine benefactor for a different diet, they became indignant and
confrontational; angrily demanding better accommodations.

In response to their insolence, and their ingratitude for His providence; God
sent a swarm of deadly poisonous vipers among them; which began striking
people; and every strike was 100% fatal, no exceptions.

After a number of people died, the rest came to their senses and begged
Moses to intercede. In reply; The Lord instructed Moses to fashion a replica
of the vipers and hoist it up on a pole in plain view so that everyone dying
from venom could look to it for relief.

The key issue here is that the replica was the only God-given remedy for the
people's bites-- not sacrifices and offerings, not tithing, not church
attendance, not scapulars, not confession, not holy days of obligation, not
the Sabbath, not rosaries, not weeping, not the golden rule, not charity, not
Bible study and/or Sunday school, not self denial, not vows of poverty, not
the Ten Commandments, nor even one's ideology of choice, i.e. it wouldn't
have mattered whether somebody was Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic,
Protestant, Baha'i, Atheist, Agnostic, or whatever. No; the replica was it;
nothing else would suffice to save their lives.

As an allegory, the brazen serpent indicates that Christ's crucifixion for the
sins of the world is the only God-given rescue from the wrath of God; and
when people accept it, then according to John 3:14-17 and John 5:24, they
qualify for a transfer from death into life. Those who reject his crucifixion as
the only God-given rescue from the sum of all fears, are already on the
docket to face it.

John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does
not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the
name of God's one and only Son.

In context His son's "name" is relative to the brazen serpent incident.
_

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus also clarified that HE was speaking about his words = John 6:56-64

Aware that His disciples were grumbling about this teaching, Jesus asked them, “Does this offend you? Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?

The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)
exactly!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post 918
And not all of the Apostles were celibate and still served God well.
NOBODY said they were ALL celibate.

However – IF you believe that Scripture is God-breathed (2 Tim. 3:16), then you have to consider the fact that Paul wrote the following under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit . . .

1 Cor. 7:33-34, 38
An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided.
So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does BETTER.[

YOUR objections are SQUASHED by the
Word of God . . ..

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Will the Catholic church stand firm against or bow down to the demands of this anti-christian movement plaguing the earth?
You need to escape from your fundie ghetto and open your eyes. If you weren't so ill-informed, you wouldn't be asking such an asinine question.
The pope understands that human nature is fixed: there are only two sexes. Hollywood thinks human nature is fluid: there are many sexes, or what they inaccurately call “genders.”​
Is the Hollywood crowd naïve, as the pope says, or are they something more sinister? To conclude they are naïve is to say they can be educated as to their follies. But if they are not naïve, and they know exactly what they are doing, then they are willfully promoting what the pope calls “one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations.”

Techniques that entail the dissociation of husband and wife, by the intrusion of a person other than the couple (donation of sperm or ovum, surrogate uterus), are gravely immoral. These techniques (heterologous artificial insemination and fertilization) infringe the child’s right to be born of a father and mother known to him and bound to each other by marriage. They betray the spouses’ “right to become a father and a mother only through each other” (CCC 2376; cf. CCC 2377-79).

1678896876323.png1678896986893.png
Abortion, euthanasia, surrogate motherhood, transgender ideology, test tube babies and other gravely immoral issues are being imposed on societies by cultural dictatorships and sexual engineering in public schools, and compromised more and more by Protestant churches, especially same sex weddings. You are barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 3:14-17 . . As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so
must the Son of Man be lifted up; that whoever believes may in him have
eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son,
that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

The incident to which Christ referred is located at Num 21:5-9.

Long story short: Moses' people became weary of eating manna all the time
at every meal. But instead of courteously, and diplomatically, petitioning
their divine benefactor for a different diet, they became indignant and
confrontational; angrily demanding tastier food.

In response to their insolence, and their ingratitude for His providence; God
sent a swarm of deadly poisonous vipers among them; which began striking
people; and every strike was 100% fatal, no exceptions.

After a number of people died, the rest came to their senses and begged
Moses to intercede. In reply; The Lord instructed Moses to fashion a replica
of the vipers and hoist it up on a pole in plain view so that everyone dying
from venom could look to it for relief.
Yup. A physical object conveys grace, which contradicts the Protestant denial of the Incarnation Principle.
The key issue here is that the replica was the only God-given remedy for the
people's bites-- not sacrifices and offerings, not tithing, not church
attendance, not scapulars, not confession, not holy days of obligation, not
the Sabbath, not rosaries, not weeping, not the golden rule, not charity, not
Bible study and/or Sunday school, not self denial, not vows of poverty, not
the Ten Commandments, nor even one's ideology of choice, i.e. it wouldn't
have mattered whether somebody was Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic,
Protestant, Baha'i, Atheist, Agnostic, or whatever. No; the replica was it;
nothing else would suffice to save their lives.
Your Catholic bashing is uncharitable and based on fallacious reasoning.
As an allegory, the brazen serpent indicates that Christ's crucifixion for the
sins of the world is the only God-given rescue from the wrath of God; and
when people accept it, then according to John 3:14-17 and John 5:24, they
qualify for a transfer from death into life. Those who reject his crucifixion as
the only God-given rescue from the sum of all fears, are already on the
docket to face it.

● John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does
not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the
name of God's one and only Son.

In context His son's "name" is relative to the brazen serpent incident.
_
Agreed. However, we eat the Real Thing, not "replicas".

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant Popes…LOL
Do you never CEASE from jabbering nonsense AS IF you were appointed to Speak for everyone else… ? You should step outside of your EGO and have a look see how Ridiculous you are.
What is the function of the Pope?
The Chief earthly shepherd of the flock.

What is the function of ANY of the leaders of your tens of thousands of splintered factions?
Chief earthly shepherd
of their respective flock.

Protestant
Popes . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is, in the Catholic vision of reality, a profound understanding of the impenetration of matter by grace which we call the Incarnational principle. The Incarnation of God the Son as Jesus Christ is the bedrock which underlies the Christian vision of the relationship between God and man. In assuming a human nature, God demonstrates at once that creation, including human nature, is not only good but is capable of being further elevated through the impenetration of the Divine life.

This is the basis of the entire sacramental system, which uses outward (material) signs to transmit to us a share of God’s life, (as did Moses with the brazen serpent) from the initiation of the believer’s journey in Baptism to its conclusion in Anointing of the Sick. It is the basis of the Church, a visible society which itself serves as a living connection between God and man, a sort of meta-sacrament for the transmission and embodiment of grace. It is even the basis for all of society, which begins with a proper understanding of matrimony, which St. Paul tells us is a model for the relationship of Christ and the Church. For in matrimony a man and a woman join in a profound sanctifying union of both body and spirit, a union which is both faithful and fecund, generating new life.

This understanding of the goodness of creation, of matter, of humanity and of human joys and aspirations—and the lesson that this goodness is designed to be further filled, animated and elevated by the love of God—is so central to God’s plan that Christianity begins and ends with it. It begins with God’s self-emptying of glory as He takes on human flesh and it ends in the Resurrection of the glorified Christ, who henceforth forever retains His identity as man.

It ought to be obvious to just about everybody that no other religion incorporates this particular (and particularly profound) understanding of the relationship of nature to nature’s God. Every human philosophy inevitably makes too much of nature or too little, and sometimes both at once, as in modern secularism which sees nature as all and so ignores that to which it points. What may be surprising, however, is that even among Christians those who have doctrinally fallen away from Rome have largely lost the unique and special wholeness of this Christian vision. Thus, from its beginning, Protestantism has been preoccupied with what it regards as the depravity of human nature, its radical incapacity for goodness, its reliance on grace as on something which supplants man’s nature rather than penetrates it.

Here we find the cause of Protestantism’s inability to understand the importance of works to salvation, which led Luther to revise Scripture and declare the letter of St. James to be apocryphal. Here also we have the root of Calvin’s notion that some are predestined for heaven and others for hell by nothing but the arbitrary will of God. Nor are we surprised to find Protestant sects which have outlawed the celebration of Christmas itself, distrusting the human values and human joy which Christmas both represents and fulfills. Indeed, from the point of view of nature, Protestantism must be described as a very thin, a very incomplete religion.

By contrast, Catholicism flowers in nature, transforming and elevating not only man himself but man’s culture.
The astonishing achievements of Catholic culture over two millennia—in art and literature, sculpture and architecture, education and government, work and play, fast and feast—are one and all rooted in the Incarnational principle. The sense that the human body is itself a repository of grace, a temple of the Holy Spirit, fosters a unique Catholic mode of being in which the mind and spirit are never alone, never cut off. Rather man worships God in his body, and carries all of nature beyond itself in the quest to fulfill the very end of religion, which is for all creation to give glory to God.

Not in the abstract, then, is Catholic salvation worked out, but in the concrete; not in the general, but in the particular. The Catholic vision is not one of being “attached” to Christ, but of “putting on” Christ (Gal 3:27), not one of merely receiving an external gift, but of living the Christ life deep within—so that I live, no not I, but Christ lives in me (Gal 2:20). Each virtue is cultivated, each habit transformed and elevated, each relationship purified, each work ennobled. And the power for this continuous transformation is nourished—no, actually ingested—and formed into community through the Eucharist, the Word quite literally made Flesh, the Body and Blood really and actually present, not in figure or even in grace alone, but in its very substance.

Every Catholic is called to a life-long process of incorporating (I choose the word advisedly) his whole self, body and soul, into Christ, and not only his self but his loves, his labors, his own small creations, and the entire world over which he has been given dominion. This project, in which no detail is neglected or flattened, and no element lost or discarded, is unique to Catholicism. As I have said, it is a project rooted in the Incarnational principle.
But even the Incarnational principle is not so much explained as demonstrated, not so much taught as lived. It was lived first by Christ Himself, born of Mary and protected by Joseph, in Bethlehem, in a stable, in a manger—
and so at length in us.

source

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOBODY said they were ALL celibate.

However – IF you believe that Scripture is God-breathed (2 Tim. 3:16), then you have to consider the fact that Paul wrote the following under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit . . .

1 Cor. 7:33-34, 38
An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided.
So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does BETTER.[

YOUR objections are SQUASHED by the Word of God . . ..
How to study scriptures.... people don't know how to study scriptures.
I do believe that scriptures are God-breathed....but you got to understand them.
Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.....give that a try....squashed by the Word of God!
“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26 That would make for a pretty weird religion.

If you need help interpreting scriptures I can help.

At the end of all of it, Christ would not tell them to do something that would make a horror out of the Church and be a disgrace about all other Churches....the gift the keeps on giving...

It would be good to be perfect like our heavenly father.....words mean things?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to study scriptures.... people don't know how to study scriptures.
I do believe that scriptures are God-breathed....but you got to understand them.
Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.....give that a try....squashed by the Word of God!
“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26 That would make for a pretty weird religion.

If you need help interpreting scriptures I can help.

At the end of all of it, Christ would not tell them to do something that would make a horror out of the Church and be a disgrace about all other Churches....the gift the keeps on giving...

It would be good to be perfect like our heavenly father.....words mean things?
Apples and Oranges.
The verses that you posted (Matt. 5:48, Luke 14:26) to compare against Paul’s exhortation on marriage and celibacy are completely irrelevant.

For starters, Matt. 5:48 isn’t saying that we HAVE to be “perfect” but that we should STRIVE to be perfect. Similarly, Luke 14:26 isn’t instructing us to “hate” anybody. It is simply telling us that we must turn our back on our former life in order to truly follow Him. In other words, dying to oneself (Luke 9:23).

There – now that I’ve taught you those basics – let’s get back to the subject of priestly celibacy, as preached by Paul in 1 Cor. 7.
Let’s hear YOUR explanation of Paul’s words . . .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apples and Oranges.
The verses that you posted (Matt. 5:48, Luke 14:26) to compare against Paul’s exhortation on marriage and celibacy are completely irrelevant.

For starters, Matt. 5:48 isn’t saying that we HAVE to be “perfect” but that we should STRIVE to be perfect. Similarly, Luke 14:26 isn’t instructing us to “hate” anybody. It is simply telling us that we must turn our back on our former life in order to truly follow Him. In other words, dying to oneself (Luke 9:23).

There – now that I’ve taught you those basics – let’s get back to the subject of priestly celibacy, as preached by Paul in 1 Cor. 7.
Let’s hear YOUR explanation of Paul’s words . . .
They are kind of apples and oranges except they are things that Christ never intended to happen.
The words for Matthew 5:48 are very clear... Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect....not should or strive.
The words for Luke:26 are very clear “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
But you are catching on....You have to but the scriptures in motion.....what are the ramifications of the scriptures? Did Christ want blood on the hands of the Church? Did He want the Catholic leaders to demonize women and sex and marriage? I can copy what they said back in here if you want. Did He intend for His Church to be remembered in disgrace?

Beyond that there is the practical.....for the Apostles? Apostles on horseback.....no they generally were traveling on foot....away from home. No way to support their family if they were not there. And there is nothing to say that it was a permanent option to not get married.

let’s get back to the subject of priestly celibacy, as preached by Paul in 1 Cor. 7.
Do you think the word priest occurs in 1st Corinthians?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the function of the Pope?
The Chief earthly shepherd of the flock.

What is the function of ANY of the leaders of your tens of thousands of splintered factions?
Chief earthly shepherd
of their respective flock.

Protestant
Popes . . .

LOL....your papa pope is over all Catholic Churches.
One man is not over all Protestant Churches.
Protestant Clerics are not called a “pope” or “father”.

STOP embarrassing yourself with your nonsense.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are kind of apples and oranges except they are things that Christ never intended to happen.
The words for Matthew 5:48 are very clear... Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect....not should or strive.
The words for Luke:26 are very clear “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
But you are catching on....You have to but the scriptures in motion.....what are the ramifications of the scriptures? Did Christ want blood on the hands of the Church? Did He want the Catholic leaders to demonize women and sex and marriage? I can copy what they said back in here if you want. Did He intend for His Church to be remembered in disgrace?

Beyond that there is the practical.....for the Apostles? Apostles on horseback.....no they generally were traveling on foot....away from home. No way to support their family if they were not there. And there is nothing to say that it was a permanent option to not get married.
And WHO is “demonizing” women and sex and marriage??

Priests are simply heeding Paul’s teaching on the holy nature of celibacy for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
You see – it’s YOUR idiotic perversion here – not mine.

let’s get back to the subject of priestly celibacy, as preached by Paul in 1 Cor. 7.
Do you think the word priest occurs in 1st Corinthians?
Paul NEVER even implies that the celibate life is supposed to be a “temporary” thing. It’s more of his teaching of mortification of the flesh for the glory of God, as he taight in verses like Rom. 8:13; see also Col. 3:5, and Gal. 5:24.

It is in this same spirit that Catholics deny themselves certain luxuries during Lent.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....your papa pope is over all Catholic Churches.
One man is not over all Protestant Churches.
Protestant Clerics are not called a “pope” or “father”.

STOP embarrassing yourself with your nonsense.
There is not ONE Protestant “Pope” over ALL Protestant factions precisely because you are splintered into separated FACTIONS – each having invented their own “doctrines”.

So, we have tens of thousands of little
“Popes” . . .