What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judeao Christian ?
Putting Jewish values before Christianity ? why do people do that nowadays ? when did that creep in, the late 1990's I think that deranged nonsense started.

What is wrong with Christian values on it's own ? We do not need them, they need Jesus ! so one never should put the lower in front of the Greater, for such is a deception in fact. Same with bigots who claim to be African Americans, when they are Not born in Africa ? when they are in fact Americans of African decent or etc in fact ! such is a deception !

Their was never a Jewish race ! they were just one Tribe of Semitic peoples Tribes in fact. No race !
What Religion is based on race ? non that I know of.

Regarding Judaism it's all about a religion seeking God ! but fact is no one can come to the Father but through his only begotten Son, Who is the Alpha and the Omega.
People who do not understand this fact are lost.
We who are Saved are not of this world that is full of deceptions and delusions, as Jesus himself pointed out but of the Kingdom of God !

Christian Values are clearly not the values of the Jew in fact !
I don't even know where to begin...
If there were no Torah there would be no Gospel.
God CHOSE Israel to follow Him, they didn't choose God.
From Genesis to Malachi is all about God's covenant with Israel, which they didn't keep. They became the lost sheep of which Jesus is shepherd of.
The Gospel is God's redemption plan for his people Israel, and not only them but whomsover believes that Jesus is the Son of God who came to take away the sins of the world.

How can you read Paul's letters and understand anything he is teaching to not only Gentiles but mostly to the Jews?
How can you understand the lessons without knowing the history?
You wouldn't even know what God's commandments were if it wasn't for the Jews.

Christian values are clearly the same values God gave to the Jews.
Who is Paul talking to here? Surely not Gentiles...

1Co 10:1
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2
And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3
And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Paul is talking to Jews who are being converted over to Christianity.

Does anybody actually READ their bibles?
The OT is the foundation of the NT. Without the OT there would be no NT.

You got issues with Jews that's your problem, but facts and history are important.

Corner Fringe Ministries teaches the transformation. They believe that God's Holy Days trump man's Pagan holidays.
Frankly I don't keep any of either.
But the entire Gospel is written throughout those Holy Days. You wouldn't know what Jesus meant by him being the manna God sent from heaven. You wouldn't know what Jesus meant about Living water and Jacob's well. You wouldn't understand anything concerning tabernacles which are tents we temporarily reside in in our bodies if it were not for the Feast of tabernacles.
Feast of firstfruits, the ingathering, Feast of Trumpets..
All of these represent God's plan, His Good News.
And God chose a people out of all the nations in which to put his name. And they could not do it on their own. They lacked faith.
The Gospel is God sending His Son to earth to teach us how to have that faith they lacked.
God isn't done with Jews yet. Many convert to christianity daily.
But you have worldly stubborn factions as there are in ALL denominations that are truly unwilling to come out of their blindness and trust God.

so one never should put the lower in front of the Greater,

Jhn 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Read Romans chapter 11.

Here let me help you:

Hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the day....the union was what consummated marriages. No biblical requirement for wedding ceremonies to be married. It is still not a biblical requirement.....a Christian custom.
A Catholic still trying to find a reason to demonize sex?
Back in the day, the Jews didn't have a marriage ceremony??? You can't be that stupid. A Christian custom and not a sacrament??? Even the reformers didn't ditch Matrimony as a sacrament. Consummation completes the liturgical ceremony, they are not two separate things.
"A Catholic still trying to find a reason to demonize sex?" This is a whole new level of stupid. I made it clear that marital sex is a gift from God; way back on pg. 60 and you replied with an insulting chart. It reminds me why I had you on ignore for a long time. You play games and avoid an honest reply. Here it is again that you refuse to comprehend:

Dialogue: Is Catholic Virginity an “Anti-Sex” Viewpoint?​

"It seems to me clear that the main message of the Mary stories is that sex is essentially bad, and only someone who doesn’t have any experience with it at all is the ideal to be achieved. Of course, this then inevitably dooms all women who marry to be lesser things than they were earlier – they have been defiled by the very act that defines marriage. Is this really the message that the Church wants circulated? “Just say "no” is hardly a viable strategy for sexuality in the long run."

As I have explained, in order to have an incarnate God, He has to come about in a way that is not the usual reproductive method.
That entails the virgin birth (“with child by the Holy Spirit” rather than by a man).

Perpetual virginity is an extension of the supernatural nature of the birth. If Mary had had other children, skeptical people like you, who reject the virgin birth as it is, would have more “grounds” to doubt that Jesus’ birth was supernatural and miraculous.

I don’t see how this has anything whatever to do with an “anti-sex” message. Sexuality is only tangentially involved insofar as sex is the way that human beings are normally conceived. Since this is a miraculous conception, sex could not be involved.

Your view is like arguing that a person who wants to get to the top of a hill by a method other than walking is “anti-walking.” Does that make any sense? No . . .

Now, how one gets to the virgin birth / perpetual virginity scenario to an imaginary position that all of this somehow is an “anti-sexual” point of view, perhaps you can explain to me. It’s not actually there. It’s merely projected onto the state of affairs by those who already believe that the Church is “against sex” merely (mostly, it seems to me) because it has sensible rules (another whole discussion).

It’s like saying that one is “against beer drinking” because one believes that it is sensible to not drink five bottles of beer and then drive a car. Is that against beer itself or is it for a sensible use of a substance that alters cognitive abilities?

Now, going beyond Mary and the birth of Jesus, the biblical, Christian view of virginity is that it’s a great state if one is called to it. Paul teaches (1 Corinthians 7) that all should follow the calling that God gave them. If they are called to be single (which in biblical morality, means celibate), this is good, because (as he says) the single person can give undistracted attention to the Lord, whereas the married person is naturally concerned about wife or husband, too.

Both states are, therefore, exalted. The consecrated virgin is considered to be “married to the Lord”. Marriage is a sacrament. It gives grace to those who are married.

I have found that it’s only in the Catholic Church that a single, celibate person is considered valuable, and not defined merely by the lack of a mate. Every other institution and our society (generally speaking) tend to look down upon single people as freaks, weirdos, oddballs, misfits, incomplete, inadequate, people that don’t fit in.

Protestants and Orthodox insist upon married clergy. Our view (Roman Rite / Western / Latin Catholicism) is that we prefer priests to be among the category of people who have totally devoted themselves to God, as consecrated virgins: a heroic sacrifice made for the sake of God. But Eastern Catholics allow and encourage married priests. This is a matter of discipline, and not dogma (thus, it could change).

Again, that hasn’t the slightest to do with some supposed antipathy to sex. If you want that, you have to go to ancient Gnostic views or Puritanism or Victorianism: that sort of thing.

You can’t find a single passage in the Bible whereby a married woman becomes “defiled” by marital sexuality. It’s not a sin! Extramarital sex is the sinful activity, not marital sex. There are passages about the Law that have to do with menstruation, etc., but that had to do with ritual purity: not sin. It was a symbolic thing.

There is not a single passage in the Bible that states that “marital sex is evil / wicked / bad.” If you’re so sure that Catholicism is “anti-sex” then surely you could produce one or more such passages. But it can’t be done because they don’t exist. And you ought to know that already, since you say you’ve studied the Bible a lot.

If you think the Bible is anti-sex, you need to read Song of Solomon, very slowly. The very relationship of God and His people is compared repeatedly to that of a groom and his bride. So how could we possibly arrive at a notion that “sex is bad” if God chose to use a sexual relationship as a description of His relations with human beings?

He would be using a sin to describe Himself, and of course, that’s not possible in a Christian, biblical worldview, where God is perfectly holy and without sin.

Related Reading:

Q & A: Catholic Sexual Morality and Contraception [1-1-08]

Virgin Birth & Perpetual Virginity: “Anti-Sex”? [5-21-14]

Catholic Sexuality: A Concise Explanation & Defense [12-29-15]

Catholic Sexuality: Cordial Dialogue with an Agnostic [12-30-15]

Natural Family Planning: Anti-Sex & Anti-Pleasure? [1-23-17]

You replied with "You are absolutely wrong." followed by a lame threat. Another non-reply.
Maybe you are lashing out at me because your sneaky Malleus Maleficarum scam got exposed. No reply to that either.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Plenty of scholarly studies have been done on this matter; there isn't a shred of evidence that celibacy contributes in any way to scandals. The onus is on you to find one that supports your diabolical myth making. Prove your despicable claim or stop scourging my Lord's Body with your relativistic liberalism.
Your reply: Does common sense apply. Then your just left with evil Priests molesting women and children.....I will go with horny Priests so as to put the blame on moronic system.
A stupid insult because you refuse to support your diabolical myth making with any scholarly study. Put up or shut up.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back in the day....the union was what consummated marriages. No biblical requirement for wedding ceremonies to be married. It is still not a biblical requirement.....a Christian custom.
Back in the day, the Jews didn't have a marriage ceremony??? You can't be that stupid. A Christian custom and not a sacrament??? Even the reformers didn't ditch Matrimony as a sacrament. Consummation completes the liturgical ceremony, they are not two separate things.
"A Catholic still trying to find a reason to demonize sex?" This is a whole new level of stupid. I made it clear that marital sex is a gift from God; way back on pg. 60 and you replied with an insulting chart. It reminds me why I had you on ignore for a long time. You play games and avoid any honest reply for most of the posts you quote. Here it is again; deprogramming requires repetition.

"It seems to me clear that the main message of the Mary stories is that sex is essentially bad, and only someone who doesn’t have any experience with it at all is the ideal to be achieved. Of course, this then inevitably dooms all women who marry to be lesser things than they were earlier – they have been defiled by the very act that defines marriage. Is this really the message that the Church wants circulated? “Just say "no” is hardly a viable strategy for sexuality in the long run."

As I have explained, in order to have an incarnate God, He has to come about in a way that is not the usual reproductive method.
That entails the virgin birth (“with child by the Holy Spirit” rather than by a man).

Perpetual virginity is an extension of the supernatural nature of the birth. If Mary had had other children, skeptical people like you, who reject the virgin birth as it is, would have more “grounds” to doubt that Jesus’ birth was supernatural and miraculous.

I don’t see how this has anything whatever to do with an “anti-sex” message. Sexuality is only tangentially involved insofar as sex is the way that human beings are normally conceived. Since this is a miraculous conception, sex could not be involved.

Your view is like arguing that a person who wants to get to the top of a hill by a method other than walking is “anti-walking.” Does that make any sense? No . . .

Now, how one gets to the virgin birth / perpetual virginity scenario to an imaginary position that all of this somehow is an “anti-sexual” point of view, perhaps you can explain to me. It’s not actually there. It’s merely projected onto the state of affairs by those who already believe that the Church is “against sex” merely (mostly, it seems to me) because it has sensible rules (another whole discussion).

It’s like saying that one is “against beer drinking” because one believes that it is sensible to not drink five bottles of beer and then drive a car. Is that against beer itself or is it for a sensible use of a substance that alters cognitive abilities?

Now, going beyond Mary and the birth of Jesus, the biblical, Christian view of virginity is that it’s a great state if one is called to it. Paul teaches (1 Corinthians 7) that all should follow the calling that God gave them. If they are called to be single (which in biblical morality, means celibate), this is good, because (as he says) the single person can give undistracted attention to the Lord, whereas the married person is naturally concerned about wife or husband, too.

Both states are, therefore, exalted. The consecrated virgin is considered to be “married to the Lord”. Marriage is a sacrament. It gives grace to those who are married.

I have found that it’s only in the Catholic Church that a single, celibate person is considered valuable, and not defined merely by the lack of a mate. Every other institution and our society (generally speaking) tend to look down upon single people as freaks, weirdos, oddballs, misfits, incomplete, inadequate, people that don’t fit in.

Protestants and Orthodox insist upon married clergy. Our view (Roman Rite / Western / Latin Catholicism) is that we prefer priests to be among the category of people who have totally devoted themselves to God, as consecrated virgins: a heroic sacrifice made for the sake of God. But Eastern Catholics allow and encourage married priests. This is a matter of discipline, and not dogma (thus, it could change).

Again, that hasn’t the slightest to do with some supposed antipathy to sex. If you want that, you have to go to ancient Gnostic views or Puritanism or Victorianism: that sort of thing.

You can’t find a single passage in the Bible whereby a married woman becomes “defiled” by marital sexuality. It’s not a sin! Extramarital sex is the sinful activity, not marital sex. There are passages about the Law that have to do with menstruation, etc., but that had to do with ritual purity: not sin. It was a symbolic thing.

There is not a single passage in the Bible that states that “marital sex is evil / wicked / bad.” If you’re so sure that Catholicism is “anti-sex” then surely you could produce one or more such passages. But it can’t be done because they don’t exist. And you ought to know that already, since you say you’ve studied the Bible a lot.

If you think the Bible is anti-sex, you need to read Song of Solomon, very slowly. The very relationship of God and His people is compared repeatedly to that of a groom and his bride. So how could we possibly arrive at a notion that “sex is bad” if God chose to use a sexual relationship as a description of His relations with human beings?

He would be using a sin to describe Himself, and of course, that’s not possible in a Christian, biblical worldview, where God is perfectly holy and without sin.

Related Reading:

You replied with "You are absolutely wrong." followed by a lame threat. Another non-reply.

You are the one saying the Church needs to change, but offer no suggestions as to exactly what needs to change, pretending that no changes regarding sex scandals have taken place. That's a scandal in itself.
I could make a long list of your evasions and non-replies; it confirms what I said before: Anti-Catholicism is a spiritual and mental sickness. That would explain your evasions and non-replies. I don't always agree with BofL's style, but nobody refutes his content with any intelledctual rigor. Just stupidity. I do agree with him that you are a fraud, with a false intellectualism.

Maybe you are lashing out at me because your sneaky Malleus Maleficarum scam got exposed. Post #1226. No reply to that either.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A Catholic still trying to find a reason to demonize sex?" This is a whole new level of stupid. I made it clear that marital sex is a gift from God; way back on pg. 60 and you replied with an insulting chart. It reminds me why I had you on ignore for a long time. You play games and avoid an honest reply. Here it is again that you refuse to comprehend:

Related Reading:

Maybe you are lashing out at me because your sneaky Malleus Maleficarum scam got exposed. No reply to that either.
This one is simple LOL did they require a wedding ceremony to be married? find the scripture that requires a wedding ceremony anywhere in the Old or New Testament. The Protestants were the first to require a wedding ceremony to be married in mid 1500. In the mean time I will look up my essay on Christian marriages.

The Malleus Maleficarum thing? You and the readers can look this up for yourselves....still in print you can order a copy for yourselves.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just a thought that crossed my mind I'm getting back to the OP, I am wondering if at present there is a "one true church". I do believe that I'm the best future there will be, but right now there are Christians in every church, in every denomination, genuine believers who do not at this time have all the truth, many of room have different stances on different doctrines from one another, but one thing they have on common, they Jesus and all have a desire to grow in Him and accept His Lordship over their lives. This God accepts, but there is coming a time when He will call them out of those churches for the vast majority have joined with Babylon and are being infected by her false doctrines, deceptions, and lies. They as individuals... In fact all individuals in all churches... Will come to the point of having to make a choice. Whom do they serve? A worldly religious conglomerate made up of all churches and religions for the sake of the common good but who have abandoned much of what made them independent and gave them identity, or, the Truth as it is in Jesus. Choosing Jesus will be costly. But God is even more calling His people out of the world and out of compromise and luke warm Christianity. And what are they being called out to? Whatever results, whether loosely organized or a gathering in the wilderness, that will be the one true church. Described in Revelation as the remnant... Keeping the commandments of God, having the faith of Jesus, the spirit of Prophecy.
Are you being called out of where you currently are as part of your search for truth?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A Catholic still trying to find a reason to demonize sex?" This is a whole new level of stupid. I made it clear that marital sex is a gift from God; way back on pg. 60 and you replied with an insulting chart. It reminds me why I had you on ignore for a long time. You play games and avoid any honest reply for most of the posts you quote. Here it is again; deprogramming requires repetition.
You so funny!....it is not to uncommon for Catholics or Protestants not to know their own history....I mean this thing on false beliefs, I have to have a sense of humor....LOL

The History of Marriages
I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth….So truth is the focus and exposing false beliefs is my top priority….And this is one of many false beliefs that are popular….so lets get it straight….

Martin Luther was a Catholic that was out to reform the Catholic Church. And marriage was on that list of items to correct the Catholic Church on. He preached sermons praising marriage beginning in 1519 and several years later wrote his first formal treatise attacking the value of vows of celibacy and arguing that marriage was the best Christian life. In the process he fell in love with a Nun and eventually married her….Katharina von Bora

Marten Luther “The Estate of Marriage” 1522….
How I dread preaching on the estate of marriage! I am reluctant to do it because I am afraid if I once get really involved in the subject it will make a lot of work for me and for others. The shameful confusion wrought by the accursed papal law has occasioned so much distress, and the lax authority of both the spiritual and the temporal swords has given rise to so many dreadful abuses and false situations, that I would much prefer neither to look into the matter nor to hear of it. But timidity is no help in an emergency; I must proceed. I must try to instruct poor bewildered consciences, and take up the matter boldly.
This is pretty long so here is the link
Luther: The Estate of Marriage.

Now for many this will be a little shocking….for one he does not mention wedding ceremonies put he talks about polygamy saying.. "I confess that I cannot forbid a person to marry several wives, for it does not contradict the Scripture.”

The first requirement for Christian wedding ceremonies to be married occurs in the mid 1500’s. His “Estate of Marriage” was written in 1522 so that is why he does not mention weddings. Shortly after the Protestants made wedding ceremonies a requirement the Catholic Church made wedding ceremonies a requirement but of course they only recognized weddings conducted by Catholic priests.

The first documentation for the model of Christian weddings and vows was by the Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Cranmer in his Book of Common Prayer. 1549

So how did Christians get married before this? To start with lets take it back to the Bible.
You can read the Bible from cover to cover and you will not find a requirement for a wedding ceremony in the Bible….Old or New Testament.

The Jews had a process that involved payment for the bride but no ceremony required or described. The bride price or bride dowry was part of the Jewish customs where women were property. Property of father and then the husband. The process started usually between the fathers where they agreed on a bride price….sometimes between the father and perspective husband. Either way the father was expected to deliver a virgin daughter….if not, according to the Mosaic Law she could be killed and her body left at the father’s doorstep. The significance of the virginity of the bride continued on to modern times.

The father’s control over who and when his daughter married continued on until the Catholic Church forbid it in the 13th century, but the custom of paying a bride price continued on in Christianity until well into 19th century. Particularly in the upper class, history records such arrangements between Kingdoms. Of course outside of Christianity the practice continues.

After the bride price was paid the father handed his daughter over to the man…then the marriage was consummated in the bridal chamber…if there was one. No vows or wedding ceremonies required. But in some cases there was a marriage contract and some families celebrated the event.

So why doesn’t the Bible require a wedding ceremony? Probably because wedding ceremonies, one way or another come from Pagan customs and cultures.

So when Christ was talking about Weddings, Wedding Feast, Wedding garments, wedding guests, the ten virgins with lamps etc….where did this come from?

You will not find any of it in the Old Testament. In between the testaments, when the Jews were under the rule of the Persians they developed their own wedding ceremonies and receptions…feasts. Scholars believe it was because the Jews liked Persian weddings and celebrations. The Jewish weddings had an Old Testament theme and it is pretty well represented by Modern Jewish weddings, except the bridal chamber is replaced by a canopy called the Chuppah.

But after Alexander the Great conquered Persia the Greeks and then the Romans persecuted the Jews, killing and crucifying tens of thousands of them, so the Jews distanced themselves from Pagan customs.

During Christ’s time Jewish weddings mostly fell out of favor because of the Pagan connections with Persia. Then during the Middle Ages Jewish weddings became popular again.

Well what about the wedding at Cana? The Bible does not tell us if it was a Jewish wedding or a Pagan wedding….The Bible does not tell us who the bridegroom or bride was. All we know was that Christ and Christ’s mother was there and wine was so important that Christ performed a miracle at his mother’s request to turn water into superb wine. So it is not too far fetched to believe it was a Jewish wedding.

So how did Christians get married back in the day? They married just like they did in the Old Testament….they took a wife, the union being the consummation of the marriage. The father still chose when and who his daughter married and there could still be a bride price and they could have a celebration. Did the fathers always pick their daughter’s husbands and receive a bride price? Probably not and it probably it did not always occur in the Old Testament.

No weddings! The Jewish-Christians probably did not have many. The Gentile-Christians probably did, we just do not have any documentation of it. Gentile Christians were Pagans that had converted to Christianity, they converted their religious beliefs but they did not abandon their various regional customs and traditions and seasonal holidays. Weddings were popular with Pagan cultures. Still no requirement for weddings but it is very likely that Christian weddings were conducted by Gentile Christians. But still the first documented Christian wedding does not occur until the 9th century.

Like I said in the mid 1500’s the Protestants made it a requirement to have a church wedding ceremony. And like I said, soon after the Catholics followed suite. But just to be clear, again Christians and Catholics had wedding ceremonies all along….just not required or well documented. The funny? Up to the 1500’s Catholics did not allow weddings inside the church buildings. But then after the 1500’s they required all weddings to be inside a Catholic church and then at the Council of Trent in 1563 the Catholic Church made marriage a sacrament.

So what are some of the ramifications of all of this….
It means….That the common belief that two single people having sex is a sin….is false. It is not a sin as long as they remain together.

It means…men and women should only have sex with one person in their lifetime….and when they do, it formed a marriage.

It means that….people that have casual sex are committing adultery, because they were married the first time they had sex.

It means that….today people do not have to have a wedding ceremony to be married.

It means that….common phrases like shacking up or living in sin are false accusations of sin…. Weddings are a Christian custom.

On the other hand….if you are a Catholic or a Protestant church member, you are required by the church to have a wedding, and if you do not, you are in violation of the church, but not the Bible.

Should unmarried couples be allowed in the church? Yes. The hope being that Christian association will convince them to have a wedding. But they cannot be members of the church until they have a wedding.

Personally I believe in the requirement to have a wedding….the bigger and the fancier the better.

What about the Pagan connection that wedding ceremonies have. It is a fact that modern Christian weddings and receptions have Pagan customs imbedded in them. Things like exchanging wedding rings, the bridal wedding veil, the train on the dress, the vows, the tiered cake, the bride and groom cutting the cake together, saving a piece of the cake, throwing rice, bells, cans tied behind the car etc. I think the custom of the father handing the bride to the groom and carrying the bride across the threshold is Jewish. The bedroom representing the bridal chamber.

When Christ chose to offer salvation to the Pagans….some Pagan customs came with them. The Bible did not make restrictions on this and this was right and not surprising. But then again as time went on the Pagan customs were Christianized.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Ziggy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not think nor have I ever said the Bible is anti-sex. But for most of its history the Catholic Church and most of it most important religious leaders had no use for women, love and romance, marriage, and sex even in marriage. Of course that gradually changed, the Modern Catholic Church has a much better attitude on such things.

Why didn't the New Testament have a big focus on the family? They believed they were living in the last days....not weeks....not months, not years, not decades, not centuries and certainly not millenniums. They believed that Christ's return and the tribulations would occur soon....was there time to start a family.....would you want to start a family for that. Would you want to watch your wife and kids being lead into the arenas to be tortured and killed.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a thought that crossed my mind I'm getting back to the OP, I am wondering if at present there is a "one true church". I do believe that I'm the best future there will be, but right now there are Christians in every church, in every denomination, genuine believers who do not at this time have all the truth, many of room have different stances on different doctrines from one another, but one thing they have on common, they Jesus and all have a desire to grow in Him and accept His Lordship over their lives. This God accepts, but there is coming a time when He will call them out of those churches for the vast majority have joined with Babylon and are being infected by her false doctrines, deceptions, and lies. They as individuals... In fact all individuals in all churches... Will come to the point of having to make a choice. Whom do they serve? A worldly religious conglomerate made up of all churches and religions for the sake of the common good but who have abandoned much of what made them independent and gave them identity, or, the Truth as it is in Jesus. Choosing Jesus will be costly. But God is even more calling His people out of the world and out of compromise and luke warm Christianity. And what are they being called out to? Whatever results, whether loosely organized or a gathering in the wilderness, that will be the one true church. Described in Revelation as the remnant... Keeping the commandments of God, having the faith of Jesus, the spirit of Prophecy.
Are you being called out of where you currently are as part of your search for truth?
Made me think of this:
Mat 24:40
Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41
Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the day, the Jews didn't have a marriage ceremony??? You can't be that stupid.

A betrothal (engaged)agreement (between man and females father) was all that was necessary for a couple to be accounted man and wife.
A wedding ceremony was not necessary, but at times was carried out.

If the betrothal (engagement) was dissolved…a bill of Divorcement would be issued.

I do not recall Mary and Joseph having a “Wedding” ceremony. They simply began living together, when they learned of MARYS pregancy.

You are quick to call people stupid…when I am quite confidant you are not all knowing.

Reactions: David in NJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think the Bible is anti-sex, you need to read Song of Solomon, very slowly.

IF @Grailhunter thought that….he would be the one saying so…not you.!

It is a weird thing you and BOL do…always thinking and speaking for others…what THEY never think or say.

You guys are accountable for you own twisted thoughts and words….how underhanded!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is the one true Church?​

OP ^

Christ’s Church WithIN a man…AS several Non-Catholics have testified.

Haven’t heard the same from Catholics posting on this thread. :rolleyes:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is the FACTS....
I CHERRY-PICK what applies to me and could care less what YOUR carnal mind thinks.

YOU speaking FOR me is irrelevant.
What YOU CHERRY-PICK that which applies to you, is irrelevant to me.
What YOU believe, is irrelevant to me.
What YOU do, is irrelevant to me.
What YOU proclaim is YOUR teaching, is irrelevant to me.
YOUR catholic doctrine, is irrelevant to me.
YOUR catholic statues, gestures, trinkets, rituals, are irrelevant to me.
A Relationship with YOU, is irrelevant to me.

Is that CLEAR enough for YOU to comprehend?
Thank you for at leadst havng the courage to admit that you're moral relativist . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the one true Church?
OP ^

Christ’s Church WithIN a man…AS several Non-Catholics have testified.

Haven’t heard the same from Catholics posting on this thread. :rolleyes:
Be cause we've been too putting out all of the idiotic anti-Catholic fires that YOU and others have been lighting . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The criminal activities of Priests are well known and it is settled.
Now if you want to collect the details of Protestant sexual abuses and the video testimonies of such
And I will do the same for the Catholics and post them here so we can let the reader decide....we can do that.
It is already well-doeumented in the book, Pedophiles and Priests by Protestant author Philip Jenkins.

As I have repeatedly informed you - Jenkins lists the FBI statistics as well as the official Insurance statistics with regard to the molestation problem. His conclusion:
The problem is WORSE and more prevalent among PROTESTANTS.

this dpoes NOT excuse Catholic priests - it simply sjhows the level of YOUR hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of others on this forum who ONLY point to the probelm among priests.

Funny how you guys point to CELIBACY as the problem - yet, what is happening in YOUR congregations is being done largely by MARRUED ministers . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Great Harlot of Rome will be put to the flames of Judgment = Revelation chapter 18

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or contract any of her plagues.
5For her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities.
6Give back to her as she has done to others;
pay her back double for what she has done;
mix her a double portion in her own cup.
7As much as she has glorified herself and lived in luxury,
give her the same measure of torment and grief.
In her heart she says, ‘I sit as queen;
I am not a widow and will never see grief.’
8Therefore her plagues will come in one day—
death and grief and famine—
and she will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOGWASH.

As I have told you before – your Scriptural ignorance has been your folly during our exchange. It’s NOT simply a Christian “custom” – it is a BIBLICAL edict. You total LACK of ability to comprehend what is written.

Gen 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his WIFE (not “girlfriend), and they shall become one flesh.

Hebr. 13:4
Let marriage be held in honor
among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

1 Cori. 6:18
Flee from sexual immorality
. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

1 Cor. 7:2
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife
and each woman her own husband.

Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate dictionary
Fornication
for·ni·ca·tion ˌfȯr-nə-ˈkā-shən

Synonyms of fornication
1) sexual intercourse between two persons
not married to each other

Do your homework before embarrassing yourself any further . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Great Harlot of Rome will be put to the flames of Judgment = Revelation chapter 18

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or contract any of her plagues.
5For her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities.
6Give back to her as she has done to others;
pay her back double for what she has done;
mix her a double portion in her own cup.
7As much as she has glorified herself and lived in luxury,
give her the same measure of torment and grief.
In her heart she says, ‘I sit as queen;
I am not a widow and will never see grief.’
8Therefore her plagues will come in one day—
death and grief and famine—
and she will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”
Absolutely - but not sure what that has to do with this thread . . .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is already well-doeumented in the book, Pedophiles and Priests by Protestant author Philip Jenkins.

As I have repeatedly informed you - Jenkins lists the FBI statistics as well as the official Insurance statistics with regard to the molestation problem. His conclusion:
The problem is WORSE and more prevalent among PROTESTANTS.

this dpoes NOT excuse Catholic priests - it simply sjhows the level of YOUR hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of others on this forum who ONLY point to the probelm among priests.

Funny how you guys point to CELIBACY as the problem - yet, what is happening in YOUR congregations is being done largely by MARRUED ministers . . .
What people say....I figured you would not want to present the facts. But the people here know the truth.