What is the point that we should judge someone as being a false teacher?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't made God. The Eternal Son(God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity) became man. He was made a man, not God. He is the Eternal God never for a moment void of His Deity.
Jesus was begotten in the incarnation (Matthew 1:18-20, Luke 1:35).

It was not a 2nd God who descended to become a Man; and neither was it 1/3 of God; but it was God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, do what you like i guess? I celebrate Passover standing up!
Just pointing out that the translation in Acts 12:4 of "Easter" is not a bad translation...but of course the devil will not fail to contend against it because it is the concept of Easter (resurrection Sunday) that defeats him every time. For he was defeated not only by the Cross; but also by the resurrection.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't made God. The Eternal Son(God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity) became man. He was made a man, not God. He is the Eternal God never for a moment void of His Deity.
Then how did his God forsake him if he was always a God/man?

Did God forsake Himself?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer the question.

Chicken?
lol I have no fear.

There is One God who is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father and the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son. One God who is 3 in Persons.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol I have no fear.

There is One God who is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father and the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son. One God who is 3 in Persons.
If the members of the Trinity are equally separate, each of them being God, that is three Gods (Tritheism).

To have a true Trinity in your belief, you would have to believe in one God (distinct Persons within the Trinity, rather than separate). As such, you would not be able to say that the Father is not the Son, etc. (while I do believe that the Father is not the Son but that the Son is the Father; and that the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of the Father and the Son; while the Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24) and there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4)).

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Just pointing out that the translation in Acts 12:4 of "Easter" is not a bad translation...but of course the devil will not fail to contend against it because it is the concept of Easter (resurrection Sunday) that defeats him every time. For he was defeated not only by the Cross; but also by the resurrection.
ok, im not buying it any more, but give it your best shot imo
i'll stick with what Scripture says myself, Passover

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The kjv says Easter; and it is not a bad translation (it is also scripture).
well, imo its straight from hell, but you go ahead and celebrate fertility goddesses if you like, with ol Queenie's blessings i guess jbf, ok with me. "Easter" is just one of its many problems imo, although i guess it isnt the very worst xlation around either.
Many Christians celebrate Easter apart from the pagan elements; celebrating it as resurrection Sunday.
im curious who does this now, cant recall much variation there

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn your history as easter did not begin until the 2nd century.

Passover dates back to 1200 BC.
How did they know what day it was?

Was it not the commemoration of Jesus rising from the dead?

Translating it as "Easter" in the verse in question is not taking it beyond its bounds.

Because Jesus rose from the dead just at the end of Passover; and I would venture to say that peter was not released during Passover but after Passover, right around the same time that Jesus rose from the grave.

But the devil hates this doctrine about Easter; he will do everything in his power to annihilate it from holy scripture.

Because Jesus rising from the dead signifies the devil's defeat on so many levels; therefore he hates the doctrine of Easter (resurrection Sunday).

I personally am edified by the fact that the translators of the kjv used the word Easter instead of Passover.

I would also mention that people who speak Greek in today's world, when they speak of Passover, the Greek word that they use means Easter. So it is not a bad translation in the kjv if you consider the Greek language of today's world.