WHAT IS THE SIN UNTO DEATH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I used to believe sanctification was a process too but, no longer as how do we get around the scriptures stating it has already taken place and yes, set apart as you say.
Sanctification is both an accomplished fact (when the gift of the Holy Spirit is given) as well as a process. CL promotes the false doctrine that she is sinlessly perfect, but that is not true. Sanctification is the process of become more like the Lord and walking in the Spirit. But that is not the same as sinless perfection (which is achieved at the time of glorification),

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps this was because they were rejecting the very works which were so overwhelmingly given by the Father to prove Jesus was Who He claimed to be.
Precisely, the scribes and Pharisees whom Jesus was speaking to couldn't claim ignorance, they had to reconcile the supernatural works they were witnessing, and there could only be works of Satan or He was God. These works were supernatural not like you see today. Later in Hebrews Paul is conveying this message to Jews that would turn back to Judaism,

There'll be no excuse.

This is also why Paul is starting he was ignorant in his blasphemy, I assume he never actually witnessed a miraculous display of Christ.

Until his meeting on his way to Damascus.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, all sin does lead to death but what to do with the words of Christ Himself then? He said blaspheming the Holy Spirit would never be forgiven, in this world or the next.
What are we to do with that scripture?
I guess try and put it into context?

Reactions: Nancy

69chapels

Jun 6, 2019
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jesus said, "don't eat my flesh or blood")
!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jesus said, "faith without work is dead")
!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jesus said, "if its in my father will, he will hear it")
!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jesus said, "Eternal Damnation is also my father's will")
You live and then you die, that is god's mercy for you in most cases. Many people have no place with God, for the mercy of jesus, their prayers, their suffering, their works all mean nothing towards the new testament covenant, that is god's law.

This is not a debate, this is not a controversy, many people do not have a legal right to live, those tribes are removed from the book of revelation, the book of life.

Sometimes, answering "dead flesh accusation/unified field/noah's rainbow", has no priority with god.................god's law is designed to save a few souls, exceeding man's natural state of suicide pleasure and nothing else. period.

(I pray, I fast three times a day, I committed no sin, I do good works all my life, and then I then, I die. ................... all of that most of the time doesn't mean anything, you live and then you die, that is god's mercy for you, period. Its god's mercies otherwise, and god is not dealing with a "generation", god is dealing with a few individuals generationally only, in the dead flesh accusation)

(when you die you don't go to heaven (which exists only for this judgment and temporary, in the sense you can understand god, you only understand this judgment, so you are in error!!!!!!!!!!!), you go nowhere. when people die in favor with god, they may be re-articulated towards the chain in the new universe. anything else is false witnesses, humanity is simply not mature enough to accept the answer, and, its time for humanity to die and pass away)

(there are stages to the suffering and death, all self inflicted, before humanity is dead in less then about 40 years to halley's comet)

(we are still doing state funded incest/rape/murder with me for suicidal pleasure, and this is good, we have one more cycle seasonal, for observation of coronavirus, good to see the level of lethal force and of any kind used against me be persistent and good)

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess try and put it into context?

"but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin "-- It seems pretty straight forward to me. Eternal is eternal whether it be before or after the Cross, speaking to Jews or Gentiles, pharisees. I see no pardon through grace either. (shrug) :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin "-- It seems pretty straight forward to me. Eternal is eternal whether it be before or after the Cross, speaking to Jews or Gentiles, pharisees. I see no pardon through grace either. (shrug) :)
These were scribes and Pharisees that had truly seen the works of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Glorification is becoming perfect. We are already sinless.

I wonder what commentary you use to get this word "Glorification".
Its not a NT Term, and the HS didn't "whisper" it to you when you were in a tongue trance.
So, just stop with that nonsense.
Who is the commentary by, that you are using?
Just be honest.

Also, "becoming perfect"..
If you are sinless, you are already righteous, = already perfect, as a "new creation".
So, the only idea that can relate to your commentaries idea of "glorification", is DISCIPLESHIP.
And that IS a process...but its not one that based on "glorification" as you described as a "divine nature" change.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder what commentary you use to get this word "Glorification". Its not a NT Term...
Looks like you know nothing about this matter. The Scriptures are right there for anyone to read:

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God...
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (Rom 8:21,29,30)

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious Church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (Eph 5:26,27)

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Phil 3:20,21)

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (1 Cor 15:42-44)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what commentary you use to get this word "Glorification".
Its not a NT Term, and the HS didn't "whisper" it to you when you were in a tongue trance.
So, just stop with that nonsense.
Who is the commentary by, that you are using?
Just be honest.

Also, "becoming perfect"..
If you are sinless, you are already righteous, = already perfect, as a "new creation".
So, the only idea that can relate to your commentaries idea of "glorification", is DISCIPLESHIP.
And that IS a process...but its not one that based on "glorification" as you described as a "divine nature" change.

I didn't get it out of a commentary. I rarely use them. I just asked God, "if sanctification is not the "process" we go through after being filled with His Spirit, then what is?" Immediately, He spoke to me and it was He who said, "Glorification."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you know the REASON for being born again and filled with the Spirit of Christ???

It is so there won't be any FUTURE sins to be forgiven.
Yes, in and by the Holy Spirit we are given the power, the incentive, the means, not to ever sin again, but... when we teach others and we ourselves practice quenching the Holy Spirit in us, then we and they whom we have to so taught will almost certainly sin again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in and by the Holy Spirit we are given the power, the incentive, the means, not to ever sin again, but... when we teach others and we ourselves practice quenching the Holy Spirit in us, then we and they whom we have to so taught will almost certainly sin again.

Yes, never quench the Spirit. That is a command. So we should practice what we preach.

Reactions: amadeus