WHAT IS THE SIN UNTO DEATH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still don't think you understand what I believe.

But even so . . .

How happy is the man to whom the Lord Will Not Impute Sin.

Who is that man?

My fear is that you do not know what Behold believes. You are not on the same page. At least I hope not.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you know the REASON for being born again and filled with the Spirit of Christ???

It is so there won't be any FUTURE sins to be forgiven.
Neither of us believe that. Not in the way you are saying.

Actually, I do believe that, but not in a way that you agree with. The one born of God cannot sin. That's all of us who are born of God. The new man. The one born of God.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fit of rage?? I don't think so.

And . . . even murder will not cause the redeemed to be condemned. If God owns you, then it doesn't matter about whatever we think. We're His. And He knows we won't be completely fixed until are resurrection. And the scandal to the Gospel? He's more interested in getting us back into the fold, and living life with Him, then He is in casting us away from Him, and throwing us into the lake of fire.

Do you see God as the loving Fathere gathering back together His errant creation, or do you see God as the Angry Judge, sifting through humanity to find at least one or two who will be holy enough for Him?

Much love!

Question: So if that Christian that commits murder and never repents, first, was that murder a sin, and are they still saved?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That nature is why Jesus came. To be the second Adam. To undo the hell Adam started. So He took out our nature of flesh, and brought us into the Spirit where we partake of the divine nature, and become as sinless as Christ where we no longer stumble, but are righteous and holy.
I agree that we are not saved by works, but I'm not sure what you mean here in regards to "become as sinless as Christ where we no longer stumble, but are righteous and holy." Are you talking about being sanctified/set apart/made holy positionally in Christ or are you talking about sanctification in an ongoing practical sense, in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives? - "sinless perfection/entire sanctification?"

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that we are not saved by works, but I'm not sure what you mean here in regards to "become as sinless as Christ where we no longer stumble, but are righteous and holy." Are you talking about being sanctified/set apart/made holy positionally in Christ or are you talking about sanctification in an ongoing practical sense, in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives? - "sinless perfection/entire sanctification?"

I believe when we were justified and all our past sins were forgiven, at the same time we were sanctified, set apart unto good works. You see, I no longer believe the process we go through during our life is called sanctification like most of the Church does. I kept seeing it as past tense, so I asked God, and He called the process, "Glorification." Study 2 Peter 1:2-11.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: So if that Christian that commits murder and never repents, first, was that murder a sin, and are they still saved?
Hypotheticals . . . sigh!

OK. God chastens His children. God's chastening is effective, and produces the peaceable fruit of righteousness.

I'm not sure your hypothetical is possible in real life.

Let's say a Christian commits a murder. Hypothetically. Not saying Christians are a bunch of murderers. Let's say one does. Are you saying that you are to judge them instead of letting Christ judge them, and that you are to judge them according to a law that God says isn't for them? Is that what you are saying?

So that you can impeach my teaching of complete forgiveness of sin based on an imaginary scenario that doesn't even fit to Scripture?

And will you act the same towards a moment of undeserved hatred for someone?

I can offer another hypothetical, see if it's more likely to actually happen . . .

Someone's axhead flies off of their handle, strikes a man, and kills him. "It was an accident, could happen to anyone!" Under the Law . . . not guilty.

But was he? Did he see the axhead wiggle on the shaft the day before? Not that he ignored it, just that he wasn't paying the best attention because he was becoming so angry with the tree he was trying to chop! Getting nowhere fast! Of course, had he read a little further that morning, it would have been about how wisdom is like a sharper ax, you can do more with it. But he didn't because he was in a hurry to get to work, and get some OT, because that payment was almost due. And he wasn't trusting God. Because he thought God was angry with him. Because he ___________ .

I obviously have too much time on my hands!

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe when we were justified and all our past sins were forgiven, at the same time we were sanctified, set apart unto good works. You see, I no longer believe the process we go through during our life is called sanctification like most of the Church does. I kept seeing it as past tense, so I asked God, and He called the process, "Glorification." Study 2 Peter 1:2-11.

Salvation is not a process, charismatic lady.
so, whatever voice told you that the eternal redemption that is gained by Christ and is FREELY given as the gift of righteousness, " is a process", is not God's voice.
You might consider casting it out.
Really.
If not... Dont listen to it anymore.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Salvation is not a process, charismatic lady.
so, whatever voice told you that the eternal redemption that is gained by Christ and is FREELY given as the gift of righteousness, " is a process", is not God's voice.
You might consider casting it out.
Really.
If not... Dont listen to it anymore.
There is definitely a justifying moment...Romans 5.1 and so from that moment onwards we indeed have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; and it's by faith.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Indeed, so....

Justification - in Romans and Galatians - is so assuring...

Assurance of Salvation, IS Eternal Life.
Eternal Life is not Temporary..
We have this assurance of completed salvation, because JESUS is Salvation. Jesus is the Resurrection. Jesus is Eternal Life.
Jesus is IN the born again, sealed, forever...
That is eternal assurance.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Assurance of Salvation, IS Eternal Life.
Eternal Life is not Temporary..
We have this assurance of completed salvation, because JESUS is Salvation. Jesus is the Resurrection. Jesus is Eternal Life.
Jesus is IN the born again, sealed, forever...
That is eternal assurance.
I do love all the assurance verses in John's First Epistle, also.

Romans 8 is also so very assuring.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is definitely a justifying moment...Romans 5.1 and so from that moment onwards we indeed have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; and it's by faith.

Amen.

peace that is sustained, kept, and completed= by the one time eternal redemption that JESUS GAINED that allows us to have perfect peace with God, despite our behavior, or moods, our faults.....
We are KEPT at eternal peace with God, by the BLood of Jesus...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's say a Christian commits a murder. Hypothetically. Not saying Christians are a bunch of murderers. Let's say one does. Are you saying that you are to judge them instead of letting Christ judge them, and that you are to judge them according to a law that God says isn't for them? Is that what you are saying?

We are under the law of the Spirit. Those under this law don't commit murder in the first place. That should have been your answer, because that is what I thought you believed. I guess you are like Behold. :(

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are under the law of the Spirit. :(

The law of the Spirit of life IN Christ?
Is this what you are trying to post,?

"under Grace"... this is our Spiritual Law. This is our dominion. This is our Kingdom of God.
Existing IN GOD, as the born again....is to be translated from darkness to LIGHT.
Its were we as the new creation in Christ, exist, forever.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that we are initially sanctified in which we are set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, (past tense) but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Yet I also see ongoing sanctification in a practical sense in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain (present tense) from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

So becoming washed, sanctified and justified in Christ is a one time event, yet abstaining from sexual immorality is not a one time event. Here is how I see it. The believer possess a positional, judicial standing of righteousness in Christ and, second, a remaining need for practical, progressive holiness in order to progress onward to maturity in Christ. I believe that glorification comes when we receive our glorified bodies. (Romans 8:23, 30; 1 Corinthians 15:51-56)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet I also see ongoing sanctification in a practical sense in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain (present tense) from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

I agree, except I call it glorification now, not sanctification. Sanctification has the connotation of continual justification, getting over our old nature to sin. That was taken care of when we were born again of the Spirit.

Many believe glorification is future, but I believe that is the divine nature that we partake of NOW.

Did you read 2 Peter 1:2-11?