What is the sin, when you are trying to force God's Hand? (conceit?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So look, the thing is I have a very peculiar relationship to God. I'm of the opinion that God is reserving judgment, until He sees what I am doing and then He is leaving me out of the difference (that I make?). Because I feel nervous, I try to get God to play His Hand, because I feel I would be more confident if God took the fall for me, even if I end up taking the fall later myself. I am trying to save the flesh, basically.

I don't know if its conceit, or what? But I feel like my sacrifice would be better, if no one had to have a part in it. That requires discipline, which men are only capable of to a point. Point being, I am trying to do things the hard way, by getting my will separate from God, once I see what He is doing and turning to my own resources. It feels evil. Like I am pushing God to the front of the battle and pulling back. King David paid for this sin. It is "over contrition" I think.

When you are over-contrite, you take more responsibility than you need, to make a point that can survive the difference. Evolution is like this in a way, actually (so it is something the world struggles with, to an extent). What if my life made no point? Then God would get nothing, now and into eternity. So you see it is quite a struggle, with big stakes in play. Maybe I need to apologize to God, maybe there is still time to do things differently? For Him to do things differently?

I'm not saying I won't ever sin again, if God delivers me, but I think I need to start acknowledging Him, not just now, but indefinitely. Or is that a mistake? Am I making up for lost time, by saying "no, this is the only way forward (the only way to relate to God), whatever God says"? My heart says 'take on the enemy', which is right but I can't even tell at what point the Devil tricked me into treating God this way. It feels like I am breaking new ground, working this out, but at the same time it would be better if the Holy Spirit quickened me, if He sort of read between the lines and put me there with God on the front lines? But then am I punishing myself, for something everyone does?

I guess what I am saying is that sin is not only evil, its twisted (and leads to more evil). May the Holy Spirit give you the ground you are looking for, or need.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did it!

I reread what I wrote and thought about it some more - and I realised I wasn't thinking consciously about God (I was trying to come to Him unconsciously).

It might seem like a fickle thing, but if you come to God unconsciously you don't have the benefit of staying making sense.

I wonder if others struggle unconsciously?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah some people believe that... if someone stands on God's promises, they are trying to "make" God do something as if God was a liar.

I see this frequently when it comes to receiving healing from the Lord... they devil lies to them and tell them they are trying to "make" God do something He doesn't want to do or has not promised to do.... that and the devil lies to them telling them God not only uses His Word and the Holy Ghost to teach His children... he also uses sickness and disease. crazy.gif

Reactions: Gottservant