What is this thing called "sin"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
And if the husband asks the wife if she likes his new power tie, should she tell him it is the ugliest thing she's ever seen him wear, even if his Mom gave it to him for Christmas?

Touchy....

What is it worth, d'ya think, to keep the peace between these two lovers?

Whoops! I'm sorry, Stan, I wasn't thinking.
Let me address my question to the married men who might be reading this. Anyone?
Probably best to be HONEST and not ask STUPID questions. Bottom line is, you sin wilfully, despite your motivation.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't see it as "if grace, no law, if law, no grace"...
Would I "willfully" sin? That is what I would call a "loaded question". Tell me, Mj...do you sin?
Be hones, now....
Hmm. And I thought you where ignoring me Barrd.

Actually if it where not for you I would not have pondered this issue as much as I should have. So lets explain.
In the beginning there was no law and there was no sin. When Adam fell Sin entered into the world.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Than when Moses gave the law to the Jews Judgement came. This bit.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

As I said before, the law does two things, it condemns and it Kills, that is all it can do.
SO
Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

To be condemned, one must be convicted, for one to be convicted one must have committed a crime for one to commit a crime one must have a law to break for.

Rom_5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

See without the law there is no so, how can one sin if one is in Christ and no longer condemned, for once when comes into Christ,

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Now how can one have life when the stench of death by the law hangs over ones head. Remember it was “you” who chose the law not Him.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Most importantly

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Your choosing to keep the law may be pleasing your flesh but by it you have already being slain.

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

For me to say I sin, would be to make Jesus a liar and the gospel of salvation would be a fairy tail

So no Barrd I do not sin, I cannot, for I have passed from death to life and for me there is no condemnation, nor for those who are in Christ.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Hmm. And I thought you where ignoring me Barrd.

Actually if it where not for you I would not have pondered this issue as much as I should have. So lets explain.
In the beginning there was no law and there was no sin. When Adam fell Sin entered into the world.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Than when Moses gave the law to the Jews Judgement came. This bit.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

As I said before, the law does two things, it condemns and it Kills, that is all it can do.
SO
Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

To be condemned, one must be convicted, for one to be convicted one must have committed a crime for one to commit a crime one must have a law to break for.

Rom_5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

See without the law there is no so, how can one sin if one is in Christ and no longer condemned, for once when comes into Christ,

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Now how can one have life when the stench of death by the law hangs over ones head. Remember it was “you” who chose the law not Him.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Most importantly

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Your choosing to keep the law may be pleasing your flesh but by it you have already being slain.

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

For me to say I sin, would be to make Jesus a liar and the gospel of salvation would be a fairy tail

So no Barrd I do not sin, I cannot, for I have passed from death to life and for me there is no condemnation, nor for those who are in Christ.
[/quote

MJRH...yes I can tell your are perfect..you never sin...you never get an evil thought in your head, you never utter a cuss word, and you are holy right..infallible....maybe you should go for the pope's job next time around, you and him would be the only 2 infallible people on the planet...makes you feel good doesn't it?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
Probably best to be HONEST and not ask STUPID questions. Bottom line is, you sin wilfully, despite your motivation.
I think I'm supposed to tell you that you have made it to my ignore list.
I'm not going to answer every time you insult me.

I think it's a better option than trying to get someone booted off the board...but then, that's me.
Doesn't mean I won't report you eventually if you don't stop, though, Stan.

I'm asking as nicely as I can...please just leave me alone...

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:

I think it's a better option than trying to get someone booted off the board...but then, that's me.

You asked facetiously, and I answered. Like I said, if you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen. You are FAR from innocent in your replies Barrd.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
The Barrd said:

Christianity Board Rules and Preamble: If a member requests the cessation of all personal contact, then please respect that member's wish.

Hopefully your request will be acknowledged.