What is wrong with this picture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is wrong with this picture? Men in a pissing contest; Mine is holier than yours. Testosterone is shed more than humble tears. "I am right. You are wrong." Puffed up, argumentative men; claiming superior knowledge and their truth as the ONLY way. But they have forgotten their first love. What does He say about pride? What does he say about arrogance and vain arguments? What does He say about strength being made perfect in weakness? What does He say about knowing them by their fruits?

What is wrong with this picture? THe stench of piss is stinking up the place...

Let them be castrated before you, Lord. Let them enter as a bride.
love is nonexistant. Their is an emptyness in these individuals. So they fight to be in some way esteemed in there own eyes. These urinating parties go on in Christian assemblies also. Everywhere but in the bathroom it seems. The desire to be esteemed creates debates that don't end when a neutral observer throws out a verse of Scripture which shows neither side as possible of winning. They ignore that Scripture and carry on with their quest for self esteem by downing the self esteem of others. The winner, if there is one becomes puffed up even though "love is not puffed up", according to Paul in his assertion to the Corinthians. Their love, Jesus, is only that until they have figurred that since they are going to Heaven unconditionally they can do as they please. So they often sin because "grace will abound, even though The Apostle Paul has mentionned that this is not acceptable. So subtly there love is for themselves, not for Jesus anymore. And the "urinating" parties recommence, but no longer in the bathroom because other elements have replaced urine for their parties now. Then one day the doctor tells them they will have to provide a urine sample for a urine analysesand/ or culture. Suddenly they wince. This is not the macho thing to do. So they take a deep breath and with a sigh get the nightmare over so they can go on to being macho again. They haven't learned much. But some of these people are no longer lovers of Jesus They are self righteos and feel they can do what they want without fear of reprisals from God.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the age of accountability, could this be a reference to that age?
default_noidea.gif

Numbers 14
26 And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying,
27 “How long shall I bear with this evil congregation who complain against Me? I have heard the complaints which the children of Israel make against Me.
28 Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you:
29 The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above.
30 Except for Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun, you shall by no means enter the land which I swore I would make you dwell in.
31 But your little ones, whom you said would be victims, I will bring in, and they shall know the land which you have despised.
32 But as for you, your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness.
33 And your sons shall be shepherds in the wilderness forty years, and bear the brunt of your infidelity, until your carcasses are consumed in the wilderness.
34 According to the number of the days in which you spied out the land, forty days, for each day you shall bear your guilt one year, namely forty years, and you shall know My rejection.
35 I the Lord have spoken this. I will surely do so to all this evil congregation who are gathered together against Me. In this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.’”

Numbers 1
17 Then Moses and Aaron took these men who had been mentioned by name,
18 and they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month; and they recited their ancestry by families, by their fathers’ houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and above, each one individually.
19 As the Lord commanded Moses, so he numbered them in the Wilderness of Sinai.

I put this up for your consideration. Just something to ponder. What it means...I'm not really sure, but it does say the Lord considered those under the age of twenty to be children.

Your guess is as good as mine...

default_sad030.gif

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now I am (OOPS! Not claiming to be God~!) REALLY frightened!

Haha! Maybe in somethings we will find that we are indeed seeing eye to eye.
My most favourite scripture in the bible is Job 14:7-9
7 " For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant."

In God, there is always hope. :)

Reactions: pia and Richard_oti

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes- the Hebrew and Greek words for it mean "the Grave".
No Eternal BBQ Pit....
Did I say I believe in the BBQ pit?
The Hebrew words for the after death are different and mean different concepts.
The Greek word for hell is mistranslated.

Does this mean hell, whatever it is, does not exist?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say I believe in the BBQ pit?
The Hebrew words for the after death are different and mean different concepts.
The Greek word for hell is mistranslated.

Does this mean hell, whatever it is, does not exist?

Never said you did; just reflecting!
The definition of the Greek word Hades, used as Sheol is in Hebrew means the Grave.
(Of course, it has the meaning of Greek religions added to it)\

Churchianity and the World Religions all teach that NO ONE dies - "it's just the body".
We supposedly are 'immortal souls' that float OUT of our bodies at 'death'.
Thus they teach as Satan did Eve, and call God a Liar.

I've thus had many church people tell me Adam and Eve were forgiven and taken to Heaven- while God tortures their wayward offspring FOREVER!

Try finding THAT whopper in the Bible!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is wrong with this picture? Men in a pissing contest; Mine is holier than yours. Testosterone is shed more than humble tears. "I am right. You are wrong." Puffed up, argumentative men; claiming superior knowledge and their truth as the ONLY way. But they have forgotten their first love. What does He say about pride? What does he say about arrogance and vain arguments? What does He say about strength being made perfect in weakness? What does He say about knowing them by their fruits?

What is wrong with this picture? THe stench of piss is stinking up the place...

Let them be castrated before you, Lord. Let them enter as a bride.

I find that analogy to be disgusting!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Please provide the biblical evidence to support your assertions here.
i could, but they don't seem to ever serve in cases like this. Anyway, it might be seen as a matter of perspective, who doesn't have some story of "being in hell" as an adolescent, because of some edict issued by a parent?

As to the other, the evidence is everywhere, but one's perspective will cause them to read what they want to read anyway, see. A hell of flames and torture, not existent in Hades' mythology at all, was just the best analogy English translators (with an agenda) had, to express concepts such as Gehenna and Hades (a mythological god, you might note, being used in Holy Scripture; should tell us something all by itself imo)

But even the request of the Rich Man, suffering, should give one pause; you're on fire, and you want a drop of water for your tongue?

Whoever digs a pit will fall into it
They dig a deep pit to trap others, then fall into it themselves

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that analogy to be disgusting!

Then it is the perfect analogy for pride.

1 Samuel 25:21-22 KJV
[21] Now David had said, Surely in vain have I kept all that this fellow hath in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained unto him: and he hath requited me evil for good. [22] So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

2 Kings 18:27-28 KJV
[27] But Rab-shakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you? [28] Then Rab-shakeh stood and cried with a loud voice in the Jews' language, and spake, saying, Hear the word of the great king, the king of Assyria:

Last edited:

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's simple~!
Adam and Eve DIED- returning to the ground they were formed from.
No 'immortal souls'.
No pronouncement of a 'Hellfire' for their bad offspring.
Jesus, the prophets, and rthe Apostles all foretold a time when the dead would live again- a Day of Resurrection.

Churchianity has lied thru their teeth for 2,000 years!
They even teach JESUS never died- it "was only the b-o-d-y"!

Attachments

• CONNED.jpg
    CONNED.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 0

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
They even teach JESUS never died- it "was only the b-o-d-y"!

1Pe 3:18 Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
1Pe 3:19 in which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison,
1Pe 3:20a that aforetime were disobedient

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Pe 3:18 Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

See?
They try to say that happened in the 3 days after he 'died' (switched bodies, in churchese)...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theQuestion

His body died on the cross. He was resurrected by the Spirit of God.

The spirits in prison to which he preached were the men and women on planet earth who had only the death [the prison of sin]. Jesus came to bring Life to the those dead.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" Rom 5:12

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theQuestion
His body died on the cross. He was resurrected by the Spirit of God.
The spirits in prison to which he preached were the men and women on planet earth who had only the death [the prison of sin]. Jesus came to bring Life to the those dead.
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" Rom 5:12

See?
You have been conned into thinking Jesus was ALIVE those 3 days!
(As I once did)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See?
You have been conned into thinking Jesus was ALIVE those 3 days!
(As I once did)
Of course I was as many have been [and still are]. For me that was long ago.

Jesus was indeed dead for 3 days, but that is no new thing. It has simply been hidden from people by others who have often been blind themselves.

We, all of us, are the ones to whom Jesus preached. We are the ones who were in the prison of sin until we received the Life he brought.

Give God the glory!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what provoked me to write the OP. It just seems the topic is something God has really infused into my life: the true value of a woman. (her price is far above rubies). A friend of mine come to visit the other night and stayed until way after midnight talking with my husband and I about God, scripture, and love. My husband asked my friend if she believed the word is infallible. Her answer was 'some of it, but there's some I have my doubts'. The topic turned to rape and a woman's value to God. You see, my friend has suffered those things. Sexual abuse. Those really hard things no one wants to talk about. We shared with her some of what God has shown us: one being that the Proverbs woman is not a single woman but rather the entire body of Christ (His church). For the first time my friend saw it. The church is the virtuous woman. She is the one that seeks wool, works willingly with her hands, brings her food from afar, rises when it is yet night, gives meat to her household and her candle doesn’t go out by night. Yet, the virtuous woman also describes Christ (she considers a field and buys it and plants a vineyard.) We showed her Christ in some of those hard verses in the OT about rape and selling and buying and providing and covering. We kept explaining to her...it is not 'a' woman but the bride of Christ. A woman purchased is not 'a' woman as cattle but THE woman(the bride of Christ). My husband kept saying, 'don't you see, I am that woman. It is not about gender. I am the bride.' It is about what (or who) belongs to God.

Matthew 19:7-12
[7] They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? [8] He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. [9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. [10] His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. [11] But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. [12] For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it , let him receive it.

Twice:
All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

What is a ‘eunuch’?

"And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren? And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren? For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother." (Mark 3: 33-35)

If you are a woman that is convinced you have no real value to God...you are so wrong. The world and circumstances has fed you a lie. You have great value. The weak vessel is His church. The weak vessel, His church, is the one He lifts up and bears by His strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009