What is your favorite Gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is your favorite Gospel?

• Matthew

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mark

• Luke

• John

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been wondering what the CyB community feels is their favorite Gospel - and why.

For most of my life, my favorite was Matthew. When I began to read the Bible daily, I picked Luke for its non-Jewish orientation. Lately, I've come to apreciate the active Gospel of Mark.

When I read John, I had the craziest response. As I read, I felt anxiety about where the story was headed and hoped it would not turn out for the worst. Part of me thought I could stop the story that happened so long ego. I most appreciate John being the most anti-trinitarian book in the whole Bible.

I know the 1st 3 are lumped together, called synoptic but that is a false dichotomory. John's Gospel powerfully evokes emotion. Luke's Gospel evokes the confidence that comes from an objective eye witness. Mark's Gospel reads like an exciting Dynamic Duo changing the world with power, love and compelling us to be our best. Matthew's Gospel is the most detailed and has the distinct Hebrew heritage, starting off with geneology, much like Chronicles.

So, now I'm at a loss. Love them all. Seems my favorite is the one I read last. :D I look forward to your answers.

Stitch

Mar 9, 2024
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mark.

Matthew was always the early Church's favourite and is quoted most often.

Luke has a lot of social justice elements.

Wouldn't say John is anti-Trinitarian, but seems to have been written by someone outside his circle of apostles.

Stitch

Mar 9, 2024
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How in the world can anybody claim John is anti-Trinitarian? The theologians head right for John's prologue first thing.

Oh, wait; we can't talk about that.
The Arians used it too, though, so it's not always been straightforward.

I would agree it's more than likely Trinitarian and John's Gospel is most clear Jesus is God.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been wondering what the CyB community feels is their favorite Gospel - and why.

For most of my life, my favorite was Matthew. When I began to read the Bible daily, I picked Luke for its non-Jewish orientation. Lately, I've come to apreciate the active Gospel of Mark.

When I read John, I had the craziest response. As I read, I felt anxiety about where the story was headed and hoped it would not turn out for the worst. Part of me thought I could stop the story that happened so long ego. I most appreciate John being the most anti-trinitarian book in the whole Bible.

I know the 1st 3 are lumped together, called synoptic but that is a false dichotomory. John's Gospel powerfully evokes emotion. Luke's Gospel evokes the confidence that comes from an objective eye witness. Mark's Gospel reads like an exciting Dynamic Duo changing the world with power, love and compelling us to be our best. Matthew's Gospel is the most detailed and has the distinct Hebrew heritage, starting off with geneology, much like Chronicles.

So, now I'm at a loss. Love them all. Seems my favorite is the one I read last. :D I look forward to your answers.

The book of John was the first book I was told to start with then the rest of the gospels. It is my favorite for many reasons, you learn what it means to abide in the Lord and that He will make His abode with you. You learn about the Comforter, and it is the only book John 17 the Lords prayer for us as well as the disciples as you learn from that prayer to pray out in the future for your family lines to be believers just as Messiah did for us. To me also He went to the Samaritans (Samaria) first and told the woman at the well He was Messiah, so he went to the tribe to me of Joseph who were not accepted as Jews and He stayed there 2 days. You learn the importance of "His" words that we will be judged by them. It is also the book that demonstrates both sides of Messiah in Him single handedly chasing people out of the temple, at a time of a great feast, so you see the warrior in Him definitely no fear nor a weakling they often portray Him as with turn the other cheek.

Next would be the book of Matthew now this book I got a miracle for my son with in the hospital dropped it open to that book and read the word out loud through the night woke to a miracle for my son on a death bed... it was also a witness to his surgeon a Cohen shocked when he came in and saw.

These 2 book are also the only ones we have from the Lord's chosen disciples.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John's Gospel is most clear Jesus is God.
I agree this is the best argument and it shows how weak the argument is since it relies on the strongest evidence AGAINST the premise, the heresy, the 4th century manmade IDOL.

Jesus is quoted in John 17:1-3 as saying his Father is the only true God. I agree with Jesus. And this is one of many verses that support what I said about the Gospel.

I've written in detail about this before the dark times. Before the empire. Before the rule.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm fond of Luke, both for its logical layout, and for some of the Lukan distinctives that focus on Jesus's compassion for "the least and the last", e.g. The Good Samaritan, the Lost Sheep, et. al.
I've been told Luke is the best one to start with, in general. This especially true for people who are not so familiar with the Jewish culture, which is most people in America today.

Reactions: Lambano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes I know whom you follow... you couldn't vote

You forgot one of the Gospel's.

So, i listed it for you, as my answer @Cyd

See, you didnt ask......"which of the 4 Gospels, is your favorite"

Do you understand what im showing you yet?

Now read this..

Philippians 3:17

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus is quoted in John 17:1-3 as saying his Father is the only true God.

Think of it like this, and you might be able to understand something.

"The Father is the only True God", as there are many false Gods, such as "allah" the Islamic Moon God.

So, that is for you to think about @Wrangler.

And i think you possibly might believe that God is the Father of all Creation?

And Jesus said...>"I and my Father are ONE"

And Jesus said..."If you've seen me, you've seen THE FATHER"

Now, if you own a bible, ...then read....

John 1:10, as this proves that Jesus made the WORLD, and so did GOD.

Then ... read Colossians 1:16, as its talking about JESUS, again, as God.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot one of the Gospel's.

So, i listed it for you, as my answer @Cyd

See, you didnt ask......"which of the 4 Gospels, is your favorite"

Do you understand what im showing you yet?

Now read this..

Philippians 3:17

I understand this and do you?
John 8:31
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 12:48
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (I think we can say we are at the time of last day.)
John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul followed Christ.

So why does a certain individual on this thread make a show of following Paul?

As if Paul had a separate gospel apart from Christ…

:hmhehm

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slightly off-topic, but this word-for-word (KJV or NIV) CD set is the best production of the Gospels I've ever seen. The narration of the Gospels (both KJV and NIV on each disk) is over what was obviously a major, highly realistic production with a believable Jesus and actors who are anything but Hollywood pretty people. If I were a pastor, I'd play it in church.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla