How shall we know the true Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading through some things when I came across this from the questions and answers file from Billy Graham..

Q:

Our pastor quoted a verse from the Bible the other day about Satan being an angel of light (if I remember correctly). I've always thought the devil should be associated with darkness, not light. What does this verse mean?

A:

Your pastor probably was referring to the words of the Apostle Paul, who wrote that sometimes “Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14).
Note that the Bible doesn’t say Satan is an angel of light; it says he only masquerades as an angel of light. In other words, sometimes Satan puts on a disguise (as it were), and makes it look like he actually stands for good instead of evil. When the devil offered to feed Jesus by turning rocks into bread, he was masquerading as one who wanted to do good–or as an angel of light (see Matthew 4:1-11).
But Satan is not an angel of good or of light; he is the opposite. Jesus said that Satan “was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44). Satan will try to deceive us and make us think that his way is best–but it never is. Martin Luther rightly labeled him “the prince of darkness.” Don’t fall for his lies!

We find this masquerade where Satan disguised himself and tempted Christ in the desert, in several places in the bible, Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 1:12-13, and Luke 4:1-13,. Lets take a look at the one in Mark 1 from verse 1.
Mark 1:1-13
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.
13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

We see that this happened right after the Baptism of Christ by John, so He had been identified by God as His 'beloved Son' and Satan now knew it. Now Christ was sent by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness and was fasting when Satan appeared disquised as an angel to offer Him substance, but noticed how.

Matthew and Luke record the first temptation as one involving food as after fasting, Jesus was clearly hungry. Satan chose to tempt Jesus by telling Him to turn stones into bread. Jesus responded by quoting from Deuteronomy.
Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew then records that the devil took Jesus to the top of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem and told Him to jump off. Satan quoted the Old Testament passage.
Matthew 4:6
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

I think this is where Satan gives himself away as he would have had not reason to doubt that Christ was the Son of God, if he had just come from God especially if God Himself had just stated after the baptism.
Jesus quoted again from Deuteronomy.
Matthew 4:7
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

He knew that this would be a misuse of power and in direct violation of the mission God the Father had given Him. So now the devil took him to a very high mountain "and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory" The devil then said he would give Jesus authority over all of these kingdoms if Jesus would worship him. This was a dead giveaway as no angel would even try this, and Jesus refused, telling the devil to basically leave him, again quoting Deuteronomy.
Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

So Satan came enshrouded in light, claiming to be one of the angels from the throne of God. Christ recognized that the deceiver was disguised as an angel of light, but what about us, can we. If a bright being were to land in Jerusalem or holy land performing amazing 'miracles or on a grand ship from space today, and declare himself a christ or savior of the world, how many would immediately accept it and go to were he was.

We read in scripture how Satan can enshroud himself in light and how he is a master deceiver and Christ warns us many times, but things are happening today in a manner which is very surprising and even different than we expected. People are in complete deception as most of the mainline Christian church do not teach the Biblical coming of Christ today. Most churches, if they preach about the second coming at all, preach a coming of Christ that He walks around in the world with the wicked, but the Bible teaches He comes to take the saints to the kingdom, or they say He will bring peace to the nations, but the Bible teaches a destruction of nations. They preach a secret rapture with a conversion of sinners at the coming of Christ when the Bible teaches that probation will close and then Christ will come to judge and destroy sin and sinners.

We see, how Jesus warned that one of the signs that would occur at the end of the age, just prior to his Second Coming, would be the appearance of false Christs. We read in Matthew 24:23-26, basically that at that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' dont believe it. For we shall see false Christs and false prophets appear and perform great signs and miracles to as verse 24 says "if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." He tells us ahead of time. So, if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' dont go out there, or 'Here he is, at so and so place, dont believe it.

So as Jesus said, prior to the day of His Second Coming, there is going to appear visibly on earth a great counterfeit false christ. So how shall we know, which is the false christ or will we be fooled...

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I was reading through some things when I came across this from the questions and answers file from Billy Graham..
We know the true Jesus Christ by repenting of sinning and being born anew of the Father, with all things now being of God, and nothing being of sin and Satan.

We know all the false Christian ministers by knowing the true ministry of Christ. Just like becoming experts on a true dollar bill, so as to easily spot all the counterfeits.

All we have to do is to cut to the quick, set aside all the pretty speeches and Bible handling, and see what they say about Christians sinning or not sinning.

Q:

Our pastor quoted a verse from the Bible the other day about Satan being an angel of light (if I remember correctly). I've always thought the devil should be associated with darkness, not light. What does this verse mean?

A:

Your pastor probably was referring to the words of the Apostle Paul, who wrote that sometimes “Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14).
Note that the Bible doesn’t say Satan is an angel of light; it says he only masquerades as an angel of light. In other words, sometimes Satan puts on a disguise (as it were), and makes it look like he actually stands for good instead of evil.
He does so by calling good evil, and evil good. All antichrists preach their own personal version of a gospel in a common light; Sinning is not evil but normal to all men, and not sinning is not possible and boastful against all other men.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

He knew that this would be a misuse of power and in direct violation of the mission God the Father had given Him.
True. And the devil was still up to the same tricks at the cross, by having people mock Jesus and demand He to come down off the cross, and prove to them visibly He was indeed the Messiah and Son of God.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

If a bright being were to land in Jerusalem or holy land performing amazing 'miracles or on a grand ship from space today, and declare himself a christ or savior of the world, how many would immediately accept it and go to were he was.
This could be true with light shining, but the Bible doesn't get specific about it.

But the obvious lie will be that he does not come through the air with great power and glory.

And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

People are in complete deception as most of the mainline Christian church do not teach the Biblical coming of Christ today. Most churches, if they preach about the second coming at all, preach a coming of Christ that He walks around in the world with the wicked,
And why not? They preach a body of Christ full of sinful members. And some even preach against being members of Christ's body with no sin.

but the Bible teaches He comes to take the saints to the kingdom, or they say He will bring peace to the nations, but the Bible teaches a destruction of nations.
True, by His coming with great power and glory.

They preach a secret rapture with a conversion of sinners at the coming of Christ when the Bible teaches that probation will close and then Christ will come to judge and destroy sin and sinners.
True. The opportunity to repent of sinning on earth will be at the moment of His coming and raising His resurrected church into the air with Him.

You are also correct in rejecting a 'secret' rapture of instant transportation into the air.

The only thing done in a moment is the resurrecting of the dead saints bodily. along with the instant changing of His saints alive and remaining on earth to immortality. And then with the two witnesses, they will all ascend straight up into the air in sight of all the world.

Every eye will see Him coming with His angels, and they will see His saints rising to meet Him, and they will all know He is there with clouds, when multitudes of the nations gather around Armageddon to make was with Him.

They will be just as reprobate mad as Pharaoh and his armies driving down into the dry sea bed, for the waves to come crashing down upon them all in one fell swoop.

The Lord knows how to win wars without wasting any time nor effort.

For we shall see false Christs and false prophets appear and perform great signs and miracles to as verse 24 says "if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." He tells us ahead of time. So, if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' dont go out there, or 'Here he is, at so and so place, dont believe it.
It's simple not to believe it by not believing him, which is any antichrist preaching and teaching and living something other than the simple words of God in the Bible.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
So as Jesus said, prior to the day of His Second Coming, there is going to appear visibly on earth a great counterfeit false christ. So how shall we know, which is the false christ or will we be fooled...
The last antichrist will persuade many around the world to convert to his own sinful Judeo-Christian religion.

He will make war with the holy saints and brethren of the Lord Jesus, because they will be the only ones showing from the Bible and by their holy manner of life, that his sin-laden ministry and religion is not the pure conversion and religion of Jesus Christ.

He will have secular powers at his disposal by his ruling converts, and use them to make his attack on the saints publicly in politics and business, and finally to death sentence.

The unbelieving Jews will also hail him as their long-awaited messiah and savior over other people.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

There have been many such antichrists making their own special little Christian cults with their own headships, as well as many messiahs to the Jews, but the last great one will encompass both around the world. He will unite under his own name and banner both unbelieving Jews and unrighteous Christians alike.

Many Jews still look for their own messiah, and many Christians still preach their own christ. The common ground being a sinful gospel and ministry of sin to the body of decieved believers. They will not be ministering the One true and sinless Jesus Christ with righteousness and true holiness in life.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Q:

A:

Note that the Bible doesn’t say Satan is an angel of light; it says he only masquerades as an angel of light. In other words, sometimes Satan puts on a disguise (as it were), and makes it look like he actually stands for good instead of evil. When the devil offered to feed Jesus by turning rocks into bread, he was masquerading as one who wanted to do good–or as an angel of light (see Matthew 4:1-11).
But Satan is not an angel of good or of light; he is the opposite. Jesus said that Satan “was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44). Satan will try to deceive us and make us think that his way is best–but it never is. Martin Luther rightly labeled him “the prince of darkness.” Don’t fall for his lies!

We find this masquerade where Satan disguised himself and tempted Christ in the desert, in several places in the bible, Matthew 4:1-11, Mark 1:12-13, and Luke 4:1-13,. Lets take a look at the one in Mark 1 from verse 1.
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

We see that this happened right after the Baptism of Christ by John, so He had been identified by God as His 'beloved Son' and Satan now knew it. Now Christ was sent by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness and was fasting when Satan appeared disquised as an angel to offer Him substance, but noticed how.

Matthew and Luke record the first temptation as one involving food as after fasting, Jesus was clearly hungry. Satan chose to tempt Jesus by telling Him to turn stones into bread. Jesus responded by quoting from Deuteronomy.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew then records that the devil took Jesus to the top of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem and told Him to jump off. Satan quoted the Old Testament passage.
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

I think this is where Satan gives himself away as he would have had not reason to doubt that Christ was the Son of God, if he had just come from God especially if God Himself had just stated after the baptism.
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

He knew that this would be a misuse of power and in direct violation of the mission God the Father had given Him. So now the devil took him to a very high mountain "and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory" The devil then said he would give Jesus authority over all of these kingdoms if Jesus would worship him. This was a dead giveaway as no angel would even try this, and Jesus refused, telling the devil to basically leave him, again quoting Deuteronomy.

So Satan came enshrouded in light, claiming to be one of the angels from the throne of God. Christ recognized that the deceiver was disguised as an angel of light, but what about us, can we. If a bright being were to land in Jerusalem or holy land performing amazing 'miracles or on a grand ship from space today, and declare himself a christ or savior of the world, how many would immediately accept it and go to were he was.

We read in scripture how Satan can enshroud himself in light and how he is a master deceiver and Christ warns us many times, but things are happening today in a manner which is very surprising and even different than we expected. People are in complete deception as most of the mainline Christian church do not teach the Biblical coming of Christ today. Most churches, if they preach about the second coming at all, preach a coming of Christ that He walks around in the world with the wicked, but the Bible teaches He comes to take the saints to the kingdom, or they say He will bring peace to the nations, but the Bible teaches a destruction of nations. They preach a secret rapture with a conversion of sinners at the coming of Christ when the Bible teaches that probation will close and then Christ will come to judge and destroy sin and sinners.

We see, how Jesus warned that one of the signs that would occur at the end of the age, just prior to his Second Coming, would be the appearance of false Christs. We read in Matthew 24:23-26, basically that at that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' dont believe it. For we shall see false Christs and false prophets appear and perform great signs and miracles to as verse 24 says "if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." He tells us ahead of time. So, if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' dont go out there, or 'Here he is, at so and so place, dont believe it.

a.) Receiving the Word

b.) Believing every word comes from the Mouth of God

c.) Knowing the Word

d.) Anything or anyone who opposes the Word is not following the Word

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

"LIGHT"< is a En-Lightenment.

Its "secret knowledge". "hidden".

God's LIGHT is "Logos" and "revelation knowledge" based on TRUTH. So, that is God's Light.

Jesus IS this Light of Truth.
Jesus is the LIGHT of the WORLD.

DARK Light, is also light...... is also en-lightenment, and that is Satan's knowledge.. .His Light is DARKNESS, Spiritually, because He is the "Father of LIES".

Jesus said that Satan fell as "Lightning" to the earth...., and He's referred to as a type of Light in the OT.

The born again are of God "who exists IN LIGHT".....that is Truth.

Unbelievers and deceived Christians, exist as Luke 11:35

They have en-lightenment, but its DARK Light. Its DECEPTION. Its not of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know the true Jesus Christ by repenting of sinning and being born anew of the Father, with all things now being of God, and nothing being of sin and Satan.

We know all the false Christian ministers by knowing the true ministry of Christ. Just like becoming experts on a true dollar bill, so as to easily spot all the counterfeits.

All we have to do is to cut to the quick, set aside all the pretty speeches and Bible handling, and see what they say about Christians sinning or not sinning.

He does so by calling good evil, and evil good. All antichrists preach their own personal version of a gospel in a common light; Sinning is not evil but normal to all men, and not sinning is not possible and boastful against all other men.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

True. And the devil was still up to the same tricks at the cross, by having people mock Jesus and demand He to come down off the cross, and prove to them visibly He was indeed the Messiah and Son of God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

This could be true with light shining, but the Bible doesn't get specific about it.

But the obvious lie will be that he does not come through the air with great power and glory.

And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

And why not? They preach a body of Christ full of sinful members. And some even preach against being members of Christ's body with no sin.

True, by His coming with great power and glory.

True. The opportunity to repent of sinning on earth will be at the moment of His coming and raising His resurrected church into the air with Him.

You are also correct in rejecting a 'secret' rapture of instant transportation into the air.

The only thing done in a moment is the resurrecting of the dead saints bodily. along with the instant changing of His saints alive and remaining on earth to immortality. And then with the two witnesses, they will all ascend straight up into the air in sight of all the world.

Every eye will see Him coming with His angels, and they will see His saints rising to meet Him, and they will all know He is there with clouds, when multitudes of the nations gather around Armageddon to make was with Him.

They will be just as reprobate mad as Pharaoh and his armies driving down into the dry sea bed, for the waves to come crashing down upon them all in one fell swoop.

The Lord knows how to win wars without wasting any time nor effort.

It's simple not to believe it by not believing him, which is any antichrist preaching and teaching and living something other than the simple words of God in the Bible.

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
The thing is that Satan is such a deceiver, that even though we know things from Gods Word that should shield us from evil, the Devil shows a apparitions of what is claimed to be Mary or whomever and people flock to it like bees to honey.. Marian Apparitions | Dynamic Catholic

Reactions: David in NJ

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Q:

A:

Actually, in our day satan is very visible in his masquerade of being an angel of light.
Here is a clue to the depth of it through Peter:
Mat. 16
[21] From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
[22] Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
In other words, Satan was tempting Jesus saying: "You don't don't have to die, but instead you could live out your life as a great teacher".

It's still going on today.
In our day in the Age of God's Grace, satan is very much masquerading as a benevolent angel of light.
You don't have to die also. You can trust your "witch doctor" and then go to your local pharmacy* (a witchcraft store), for the latest in medicine.

In the *Greek, pharmakeia means witchcraft.
Mat. 16
[26] For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul [life]? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

Q:

A:

Everyone on earth will know it is the true Christ coming again, because every eye will see Him and know exactly who it is.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

It's always easy to spot a false christ coming in his own name. He'll have his acolytes telling others where he is.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The thing is that Satan is such a deceiver, that even though we know things from Gods Word that should shield us from evil, the Devil shows a apparitions of what is claimed to be Mary or whomever and people flock to it like bees to honey.. Marian Apparitions | Dynamic Catholic
And foolish people flock...

A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign;