What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Honestly, what will our edge over Lucifer, and Adam and Eve be?

You wont sin in Heaven, because you're sin has already been resolved by God on the Cross 2000 yrs ago, if you are born again.

There are a lot of annoying little legalist ruining forums who endlessly want to convince you, Reader, that if you are born again, you are still a sinner.

Well, note these deceivers, and turn them off.
Then begin to see yourself as God sees you........and He sees you just as RIGHTEOUS as He is, and why?
Because you are "made righteous", if you are born again.
See, God could not accept you if you are a "sinner", God can only accept you if you are as righteous as God is Himself.
So, God came here, died on a Cross, resolved your sin issue, and replaced it with His OWN HOLINESS, as "the gift of Righteousness".
When God looks at you, He sees the blood of Jesus that has Made you as Righteous as God is Himself.
If you were not, you would not be born again.

Later, when you are not perfect in your behavior, ....do not let this cause you to misunderstand your POSITION "in Christ".
As you are made the righteousness of God, by GOD, and you are always eternally kept the very same righteousness of God, by God.
Your salvation, is none of you, and all of God.
God completed your salvation, and gave it to you as "THE GIFT of Salvation".
This Gift, is WHY you are going to Heaven, and this GIFT, is WHY you are always seen by God, as sinless and righteous.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't have the answer to the title question, you need to go back to square one. If you do, then you need to state it as shown in Scripture.
It's food for thought. Even if I declared what I believe the answer is, it would just be my theory with a bullseye on it. I don't believe I need to do anything other than try to facilitate the discussion. I think I might update the OP.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ephesus: To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.
Smyrna: He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.
Pergamos: To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.
Thyatira: And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’—as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.
Sardis: He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
Philadelphia: He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
Laodecia: To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

When you falsely teach that a born again believer has to "overcome" to stay saved, then you are denying the Grace of God and spitting on the Cross.

So, who is it that "overcomes"? "its all who have believed that Jesus is the Son of God".

ALL THE BORN AGAIN, have already OVERCOME.......by being born again.

So, you are again teaching Cross denying Legalism, charismaticlady.
And you will continue to do it, as that is what a deceiver does, as they have nothing else to offer.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you falsely teach that a born again believer has to "overcome" to stay saved, then you are denying the Grace of God and spitting on the Cross.

So, who is it that "overcomes"? "its all who have believed that Jesus is the Son of God".

And you will continue to do it, as that is what a deceiver does, as they have nothing else to offer.
The words she simply quoted are printed in red in most Bibles.
You are calling Jesus Christ--God, the Son a deceiver.
Nice job.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't believe I need to do anything other than try to facilitate the discussion.
True enough. But since you have not said anything about this, the answer is found in 1 John 3:1-3:

THE SAINTS WILL BE PERFECTED AND GLORIFIED AT THE RESURRECTION/RAPTURE
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True enough. But since you have not said anything about this, the answer is found in 1 John 3:1-3:

THE SAINTS WILL BE PERFECTED AND GLORIFIED AT THE RESURRECTION/RAPTURE
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
So we will have perfection and glory above that which Lucifer, Adam, and Eve once had?

Reactions: marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My theory has already been expressed by someone here, albeit sandwiched between some stuff with which I do not agree.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wont sin in Heaven, because you're sin has already been resolved by God on the Cross 2000 yrs ago, if you are born again.

There are a lot of annoying little legalist ruining forums who endlessly want to convince you, Reader, that if you are born again, you are still a sinner.

Well, note these deceivers, and turn them off.
Then begin to see yourself as God sees you........and He sees you just as RIGHTEOUS as He is, and why?
Because you are "made righteous", if you are born again.
See, God could not accept you if you are a "sinner", God can only accept you if you are as righteous as God is Himself.
So, God came here, died on a Cross, resolved your sin issue, and replaced it with His OWN HOLINESS, as "the gift of Righteousness".
When God looks at you, He sees the blood of Jesus that has Made you as Righteous as God is Himself.
If you were not, you would not be born again.

Later, when you are not perfect in your behavior, ....do not let this cause you to misunderstand your POSITION "in Christ".
As you are made the righteousness of God, by GOD, and you are always eternally kept the very same righteousness of God, by God.
Your salvation, is none of you, and all of God.
God completed your salvation, and gave it to you as "THE GIFT of Salvation".
This Gift, is WHY you are going to Heaven, and this GIFT, is WHY you are always seen by God, as sinless and righteous.

We are still sinners. It is a trustworthy saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Timothy 1:15. It is good that we should each one of us, adopt this saying to our own lives.

We are sinners in that we have indwelling sin (1 John 1:8).

We are not sinners in that if we are born of God, we "do not" and "cannot" commit sin (1 John 3:9); and as long as we abide in Christ, we "sin not" (1 John 3:6) for ever more (1 John 2:17).

My righteousness of God in Christ is in fact, a practical righteousness (1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:17-18, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is like saying in order to lock in sinlessness you have to first become a sinner and then overcome sin. You're answering the "if" question more than the "how."

Become a sinner? Don't you know that before Christ all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is Jesus lying to tell the Church there are some who need to overcome?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Become a sinner? Don't you know that before Christ all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God?
Yes, I know that. But before Adam and Eve fell to temptation, they had a perfect, sinless nature (both physically and mentally), as we will have at Christ's return. So what will we have that they didn't have to keep that same nature intact for eternity?

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it will be when (if?) we eat from the Tree of Life?
This is a very thoughtful answer. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve were eating from the tree of life at the time they fell into temptation.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very thoughtful answer. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve were eating from the tree of life at the time they fell into temptation.

@Nancy

The reason they had to leave the Garden in such a hurry was in case they ate of the Tree of Life in their current sinful condition. Therefore, that is another reason I didn't think of sis (thank you!!!) that proves we won't be sinning in heaven. We have to be born again and sin-free in order to eat of it. In other words according to Rev. 22:11 we have to be righteous and holy, accomplished through the divine nature and our will to not quench the Spirit.

Genesis 3:
24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Sis, isn't it interesting how many believe they can get to heaven in their sin, instead of letting Jesus free them from their sin???

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we've ventured off-topic a bit, it seems like the problem with the never-ending controversy over OSAS is that most people assume there are only 2 options: Locked-in or constantly in-and-out. Aren't there other possibilities?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we've ventured off-topic a bit, it seems like the problem with the never-ending controversy over OSAS is that most people assume there are only 2 options: Locked-in or constantly in-and-out. Aren't there other possibilities?

Once you are in the Spirit, you can stay there. No, in and out. That doesn't mean you have no growing to do. Philippians 3:16.

True Christians live in their new relationship with the God of the Universe. Why jeopardize that???

Ever since I was filled with the Spirit I've been able to hear His voice, and enjoy countless miracles, including all my prayers are answered. Sin would hinder that, so I know Nancy and I want nothing to do with sin.

Reactions: amadeus

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's sacrifice put away sin once for all, otherwise we can say 'goodbye' to free will...once for all. LOL

Reactions: BarneyFife