What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then Lucifer and adam and Eve were ripped off. The game was fixed. Sorry, any scenario that ends in us having an inherent advantage over the 3 original sinners is unfair, which is ungodly.
Such remarks are unworthy of any response. Be careful that you do not go off the rails.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is something else that might fit into another thread. Eliphaz the Temanite said some wrong things in the book of Job. Was he right or wrong when he said:

Job 4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?

Really? Can angels do foolish things sometimes? Perhaps they can.

1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Part of the reason people, including me, get confused or misunderstand, is that we so often speak different languages or at the very least have different understanding for single words used in the scriptures or which are used to describe things in the scriptures. "Angels" is one of those. I have seen two kinds of angels [messengers] in scripture, the heavenly ones which people talk about most of the time [Gabriel or Michael] and the human ones like John the Baptist. The misunderstanding arises because too many people presume that when the English word, angel, is used it is referring to the heavenly type. The human type of angel can certainly do foolish things... But this is really going far afield from the OP, isn't it?

Were the words of Eliphaz and the other two "friends" of Job the Word of God? Were the words that the devil quoted to Jesus the Word of God spoken out of his mouth? See you on some of these questions perhaps on another thread...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well sure, he is the "father of lies," but the point at the time anyway was to note that no lie can be Quoted, literally speaking
Except perhaps those that each of us tell?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,..." Rom 3:4

When is it that we stop lying or do we all in the end have our "part in the lake which burneth"?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't try to dodge yet another question. You said there would be no more death or sinners. I presented you with a passage showing "bad people" outside the Holy City in Revelation 22. If you don't have an explanation, feel free to say so; if you have one, please give it. It is clear, isn't it, that those "bad people" are not suffering eternally the lake of fire if we are told they are outside the Holy City but can't enter it?
We might make more progress in our discussions if you stopped talking about me and speculating about my motives. You introduced another topic into the thread; and I answered you. And I will repeat the idea: Many people treat the Bible the way Eve treated the words of God. People often think they do not need to pay attention. People can read a passage in the Bible and then mangle it when they try to explain it.

God said don't eat of that fruit, and Eve told the serpent God said not to touch it. How can we understand properly if we aren't willing to pay attention?

You are giving me some laughs however. You change the topic; and when I respond to you, you accuse me of having some hidden purpose? What?
You said yourself, you're here for amusement. As I've said before, when I was in the throes of adolescence, my mother used to tell me: "You would argue with a fence post." I've come to know how she felt. I'm also becoming less and less interested in your estimation of how I should conduct myself here. Consider yourself cordially invited to take your demands, accusations, and petty challenges elsewhere. If you possess any Christian charity at all, please vex me no further. You win. I'm a topic shifter and a dodger, and whatever else you care to add. But know this, I don't owe you anything but a prayer in your behalf.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, and if you think God is going to tolerate a 2nd rebellion, you're wrong. Perfect, sinless nature + knowledge of Calvary = universe protected from 2nd rebellion.

The blood of Christ is the eternal antidote for sin.

I agree. Jehovah has this period of time, around 6000 years as a witness or testimonial that only his way of ruling works. He never again will allow a rebellion like what mankind is going through to happen again. Anyone who does something like what the Angel who became Satan did and be unrepentant will be destroyed right then and there.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who does something like what the Angel who became Satan did and be unrepentant will be destroyed right then and there.
Not gonna happen. Perfect, sinless nature + knowledge of Calvary = protection from 2nd rebellion.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such remarks are unworthy of any response. Be careful that you do not go off the rails.
And yet you responded. Thanks for the warning. I'm on the careful side of the line.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said yourself, you're here for amusement. As I've said before, when I was in the throes of adolescence, my mother used to tell me: "You would argue with a fence post." I've come to know how she felt. I'm also becoming less and less interested in your estimation of how I should conduct myself here. Consider yourself cordially invited to take your demands, accusations, and petty challenges elsewhere. If you possess any Christian charity at all, please vex me no further. You win. I'm a topic shifter and a dodger, and whatever else you care to add. But know this, I don't owe you anything but a prayer in your behalf.
I don't remember saying I was here for amusement. I have said at times that people amuse me, but that doesn't mean that's my reason to be here. Again you remind me of Eve, not duplicating what words she heard except you're doing it with words you read. You happen to amuse me: Would you prefer I post blistering words about you?

When I point out you are dodging questions, that's to point it out to readers more than to you. I was not speculating about your motives. I was noticing your behavior. Others my profit if they got distracted and didn't notice how you failed to answer questions but dodged.

You could have ignored me when I returned to this thread to answer a post from Charismatic Lady, I did not return to chase you around. If you don't want posts from me, odds are you'd see a lot fewer of them if you stopped posting to me. Ha, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," eh?

That's hilarious coming from you.
There you go again making another personal comment about me! You just couldn't resist it, could you? Yes, I am amused. Why get upset?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then Lucifer and adam and Eve were ripped off. The game was fixed. Sorry, any scenario that ends in us having an inherent advantage over the 3 original sinners is unfair, which is ungodly.
Who told you that you were naked?

disregarding "satan" for the moment
well, wadr i guess one might come to a diff way to understand that at some point...not disagreeing :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You said there would be no more death or sinners. I presented you with a passage showing "bad people" outside the Holy City in Revelation 22.
ha

It is clear, isn't it, that those "bad people" are not suffering eternally the lake of fire if we are told they are outside the Holy City but can't enter it?
hmm
i guess maybe "suffering" is a subjective experience?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Except perhaps those that each of us tell?

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,..." Rom 3:4

When is it that we stop lying or do we all in the end have our "part in the lake which burneth"?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8
i wonder if "their part" is maybe being misunderstood? Not sure i get it myself tbh

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i wonder if "their part" is maybe being misunderstood? Not sure i get it myself tbh
The chaff of each one of us is burned up in the fire. If all we have is chaff then we will be burned up completely. If on the other hand we have some wheat, then that part of us will remain. Any 'liar' part of us will definitely be gone, one way or the other.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." Matt 3:11-12

The fire is God Himself. He is a consuming fire... that is, He consumes everything that is not "good". For that which is good and innocent His fire is a comforting fire like the warm fire in the hearth on a chilly winter's evening or the warmth of our mother's holding us close against the coldness all around us. Daniel 3 shows only the one fire that kills the soldiers who came too close but only burns up the ropes which secured the three Hebrews when they were thrown into the fire