What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't given this subject enough attention, so take this with a grain of salt. I am a bit intrigued by the distinction between confession, profession, and practice and the real difference between profession and practice. The Bible seems to have a lot to say about those who profess one thing but practice another. And it seems to me that learning how to bring profession and practice into closer alignment is an essential aspect of the Christian walk. We used to say to each other, "walk the talk."

By way of analogy, I wonder whether the Christian walk might be analogous to being trained as a virtuoso musician? Perfection comes with practice, dedication, the joy of doing well, and a love for the instrument. Maybe we eventually live the sinless life but in the mean time, like students of moral practice endowed with moral courage, we continue to practice our profession, striving to be better people. Perhaps moral perfection also comes with practice, dedication, the joy of doing the good, and our love for God, love for others, love for believers and love for myself.

What do you say?

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
which begs the question...
ah, which question? sorry

"Almost surely" not what is meant... you are being uncharacteristically assertive here? I'm surprised so many Christians deny a literal second coming. Like I said, "great lengths" to do so, when so much scripture describes that event in great detail. Your admittance that such an event is something you would approve of and even hope for seems a contradiction to your distrust in the texts that positively teach it.
Considering scripture informs us that almost everyone will be pleading with their gods, the mountains and rocks, to send an avalanche to protect them from the coming Lord and the inevitable disclosures that His light will reveal, I would suggest that while at present "50% of atheists" may hope for a happy ever after, the time is coming when that hope will be forever terminated from their vocabulary. See Revelation 6:12-17 (sixth seal) which is a description of a time in which I believe we are now at the beginning of, followed immediately by Revelation 8:1, the seventh seal, all current residents in heaven soon coming here for a brief visit ....see Matthew 16:27, Acts 1:11, John 14:1-3, Mark 14:62. I could add many more, but "almost surely not what is meant"...why not?
ill reply to this when i get home, about 9am mountain ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Almost surely" not what is meant... you are being uncharacteristically assertive here?
i am? doesnt "almost surely" make that an oxymoron?
I'm surprised so many Christians deny a literal second coming.
ok, yes, we are aware of that one already i guess
Considering scripture informs us that almost everyone will be pleading with their gods, the mountains and rocks, to send an avalanche to protect them from the coming Lord and the inevitable disclosures that His light will reveal, I would suggest that while at present "50% of atheists" may hope for a happy ever after, the time is coming when that hope will be forever terminated from their vocabulary.
glosses the point but ok
See Revelation 6:12-17 (sixth seal) which is a description of a time in which I believe we are now at the beginning of, followed immediately by Revelation 8:1, the seventh seal, all current residents in heaven soon coming here for a brief visit ....see Matthew 16:27, Acts 1:11, John 14:1-3, Mark 14:62. I could add many more, but "almost surely not what is meant"...why not?
No one has ever gone up to heaven
you and your sons will be here with me
There is only One Immortal
the kingdom of heaven is within you
all go to the same place
no one knows where they go when they die
if you dig a pit for others to fall into, you end up in it yourself

did you know "Baal" means "Lord?"
weird, huh
See Revelation 6:12-17 (sixth seal) which is a description of a time in which I believe we are now at the beginning of, followed immediately by Revelation 8:1, the seventh seal, all current residents in heaven soon coming here for a brief visit ....see Matthew 16:27, Acts 1:11, John 14:1-3, Mark 14:62. I could add many more, but "almost surely not what is meant"...why not?
all go to the same place
we do not yet know what we will become

and dont take this wrong ok bc i dont know, but i would be using the Rev for personal rather than corporate application, bc where is Christ revealed, after all? Otherwise see you are led into divining, yeh? The Rev is written in symbols imo

Last edited:

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more than honey pots and whatnot? Spiritual "beings" making choices? Thing is our present reality makes those quite logical sounding arguments moot imo, as humans we always want more, And if spirits can make choices then i guess they arent understood very well, not that i dont understand ok. Those are great beliefs to start out with, but a mature Christian will not be finishing up with them imo
"the best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible" SClemens

leads you to wonder, i guess? I found "Mithraist" fits for most ppl, at least it did me, tho im sure there are all kinds of defs for Christian, yeh. How bout "Galilean," found that one yet?

well, they might seem to, as wisdom is hidden from the wise, yes, but im sure there is an interpretation that does not violate your bargain with the grave will be cancelled, and i mean after all it doesnt say "you will see Him come down the same way they saw Him go up" or anything, right, i mean you actually post vv that help my argument, Jesus Himself telling those ("Galileans") standing there that they will see Him come down? 2000 years ago? Huh? Game over, right?

anyway, do you have any idea what "satan's dialectic" is? i ask bc you seem knowledgeable. And again ntmy, have a good Solday ok

All you posted in uninformed, non Scripture-based opinion.

As such, you have no other foundation other than "I think that.........."

From that, and from your previous posts, it is reasonable to assume that you know neither the love of, nor the mercy of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

As a result of that, and due to your spiritual blindness (referenced below as to its origin):

2 Corinthians 4:
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​
You shall remain in that state of darkness unless you call out to Jesus for Him to give you spiritual sight.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From that, and from your previous posts, it is reasonable to assume that you know neither the love of, nor the mercy of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

As a result of that, and due to your spiritual blindness (referenced below as to its origin):

2 Corinthians 4:
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​
You shall remain in that state of darkness unless you call out to Jesus for Him to give you spiritual sight.
Is that how you're gonna get started off here at CB, as a trollster?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't given this subject enough attention, so take this with a grain of salt. I am a bit intrigued by the distinction between confession, profession, and practice and the real difference between profession and practice. nother. And it seems to me that learning how to bring profession and practice into cl

"...the real difference between profession and practice."

To me, there is, or should be no difference. If we profess our allegiance to Christ, our lives, in practice, should reflect that. And, confession? IMHO, is just admitting our wrongs...Face to face if possible. :)

Lot's of lip service out there, and if we look close enough at our own hearts...would we see any of this?
"walk the talk" -Amen, walking the talk, we won't have need for many words!

"By way of analogy, I wonder whether the Christian walk might be analogous to being trained as a virtuoso musician? Perfection comes with practice, dedication, the joy of doing well, and a love for the instrument. Maybe we eventually live the sinless life but in the mean time"

Ahhh...I suppose one might reach such heights in this life but then I think of the many who become Christians later in life. All the habits formed over decades...can be hard to unlearn as a senior newbie (SHRUG). Unless they are given more understanding with prayer and study perhaps? Would also have to study constantly! :eek::D

"the joy of doing the good, and our love for God, love for others, love for believers and love for myself."

The last line is a tough one for me but, I know why and do pray about it but, for sure the rest! He gives us compassion for those we once might not have given much thought to! He gives us the want to so as not to be hypocrites, miserable and grumbling while serving Him. We can do it with joy, Amen.

Love God, love our neighbor and all the rest...
Thoughtful post :)

Reactions: amadeus

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i am? doesnt "almost surely" make that an oxymoron?
For you, almost surely is living dangerously close to an absolute truth.

all go to the same place
Each of the above lines may answer I think separate questions and contextually different subjects.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For you, almost surely is living dangerously close to an absolute truth.
ha well i see your point there, and admit that i might even have to eat those words someday, yeh, but im not sure you are reading what i wrote, so to speak, as we dont know each other too well yet? So "for you" i dont quite get...but i do know you cant Quote "Jesus, Returning," not anywhere, except maybe a bad xlation.

But tbh i am going to stop bringing this out in forums, as i guess it just upsets ppl, and does not imo help to reveal the nature of Yah or Christ as i had hoped anyway; its likely a concept more suited to a serial study, as there are many elements--and its hard to imagine how belief in a literal Return could be "bad," huh
Each of the above lines may answer I think separate questions and contextually different subjects.
maybe, but i am mostly struck by the dearth of replies to those, you are perhaps the third person in ten years who has even acknowledged them

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus life on this earth is precious, being filled with opportunities to rid ourselves of any idols which prevent us from loving God and our fellow man as we ought. Do not ask then what will keep us from sinning in heaven: Ask what can we do here and now to keep ourselves from sinning. Do today what you ought, and tomorrow will take care of itself. Do not be so concerned about things in the world to come that you falter in this world.
Excellent!

:)

Reactions: Giuliano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you him then? :)
wondered what happened to ol bl...

I have wondered what is happening with BL too, we should be praying for those we do not hear from suddenly. Quietthinker is still posting, Phoneman was back for awhile but seems to have left the building too. I really love these guys. They do have some awesome insight...not that I am a proponent of all their doctrine but, it's all in the take away :)

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that how you're gonna get started off here at CB, as a trollster?

Generally speaking:

If I post truth, I am not a troll

If I post seeking clarification, I am not a troll.

Specifically speaking:

I have no idea of the specific post to which you refer, and IMO it is not wrong to seek understanding of fuzzy phrased posts. Actually, I am doing what I have always done on another unnamed forum for many years; I seek to have definitions of terms, and use the Bible in those definitions.

Another reason for doing that is that I see posts that are not in keeping with traditional Christian teachings, and the posters claim to be "Christian". For example, there are some Mormons who claim to be "Christian" and they are far removed from any conventional definition of "Christian" in what they have posted.

BTW I am personally very insistent on backing things up through the use of Scripture in its context. I do that because any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised you wrote this. While Byrd did not explicitly cite the Bible by book, chapter and verse, I saw some allusions in his post. You missed those?

No, I did not miss the "allusions" but I could not find Scripture supporting those "allusions". Do you somehow object to another poster requesting another to back up what s/he posts using Scripture?

If that is the case, it may be that some here equate unsubstantiated opinion with Scripture in its context. Personally, I have a very high view of Scripture, and I test what others write by the standard of the Bible. I take apologetics so seriously, that I will use the grammar and lexical meanings of Koine Greek, and of Hebrew to demonstrate that Scripture in its original languages says this, but not that.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did not miss the "allusions" but I could not find Scripture supporting those "allusions". Do you somehow object to another poster requesting another to back up what s/he posts using Scripture?

If that is the case, it may be that some here equate unsubstantiated opinion with Scripture in its context. Personally, I have a very high view of Scripture, and I test what others write by the standard of the Bible. I take apologetics so seriously, that I will use the grammar and lexical meanings of Koine Greek, and of Hebrew to demonstrate that Scripture in its original languages says this, but not that.
You could have politely asked him for references to see what he meant. I have trouble myself understanding him at times. You did not ask politely. You assumed he had no scriptural basis for anything he wrote. That surprised me.

See? You did not ask him for scripture. I was also surprised you didn't know which scripture he was referring to.