What Mormons Believe--according to a Former BYU Professor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great minds think best after a nap.....two cups of coffee and a stretch.
LOL, if I drank 2 cups of coffee in the afternoon, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night. The problem is last night I went to sleep around 11, but woke up around 2 and didn't get back to sleep. :confused:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, if I drank 2 cups of coffee in the afternoon, I wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night. The problem is last night I went to sleep around 11, but woke up around 2 and didn't get back to sleep. :confused:
I drink at least a gallon of coffee a day. So my sleep pattern cycles, sometimes up all night, sometimes not.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4.8? :)

I like that!

Phil. 4:8--Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like that!

Phil. 4:8--Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
In these days of media levity and unprofitableness (to coin a word), this verse is a good anchor, I think...

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Students live on coffee... (I did; but gave it up years ago... o_O)
I pulled plenty of all-nighters in college, but I don't remember OD-ing on coffee to do it. I guess it's too long ago to remember. :(

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A GALLON??? PER DAY??? REALLY? How are you still alive?
I am 62...on an average day I can out bench anyone in the gym...ox....I am living proof that you do not need water to be health. I drink very little water....but a lot of fluids.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you got yourself a worthwhile diploma there, anyhow... :)

(With or without coffee...)
I got a useless degree, but I spent 2 more years (part-time) getting my teacher certification and taught middle school history and English. So, it did pay off in the long run.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am assuming you guys are talking to me....coffee....
I do not like water....but drink all the time....coffee, tea, milk, juice, etc....but not much water.
Healthy old ox. Burgess Meredith...movie....Grumpier Old Men.. He talks about it...something like Those flat bellied-Green loving doctors say I should have died years go.....but I am a healthy old ox and they are little weaklings eating their lettuce and worry about their health...that is not even close to what Burgess said....it is the point. lol

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am assuming you guys are talking to me....coffee....
I do not like water....but drink all the time....coffee, tea, milk, juice, etc....but not much water.
Healthy old ox. Burgess Meredith...movie....Grumpier Old Men.. He talks about it...something like Those flat bellied-Green loving doctors say I should have died years go.....but I am a healthy old ox and they are little weaklings eat their lettuce and worry about their health...that is not even close to what Burgess said....it is the point. lol

LOL! You sound like the dwarves in The Hobbit movie who were offended by the elves' "green food." Ever see the movie?