What part of us is redeemed/What part of us is meant to be crucified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! But to help people you have to reach them where they are at. Otherwise it will seem like we are gloating over others because of what the Lord has done with us...and through us.

Humility demands that we identify with those who are in a learning phase towards full freedom in the Spirit. Not many of us are capable of being teachers...and not many of us should, as we will be judged on the sensitivity with which we are to teach others. We are to be like our Master who was careful to not break a broken reed or quench a smoking flax.

The more experience with God we have the more humility we need to exhibit. We are to grow roots downward and bear fruit upwards. We are to be S T R E T C H E D into Christ-likeness.

So then its great to have a good testimony...but what is even better is to help people step-wise into the deeper walk. Otherwise what good are we to the Body?

There are whole denominations of "Christians" that try to be good, forever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth. Why? Because they are afraid to teach on the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is still on the outside drawing them, but never allowed on the inside changing them and making them born again. Those churches are full of the unsaved who will die in their sins. Christ's yoke is easy, and His burden is light, so be fearless to explain the truth of the gospel without shame, for it is the power of God for salvation.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are whole denominations of "Christians" that try to be good, forever learning but never coming to a knowledge of the truth. Why? Because they are afraid to teach on the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is still on the outside drawing them, but never allowed on the inside changing them and making them born again. Those churches are full of the unsaved who will die in their sins. Christ's yoke is easy, and His burden is light, so be fearless to explain the truth of the gospel without shame, for it is the power of God for salvation.

And there are entire denominations that claim to be spiritual based on outward signs...denying the level of a walk in resurrection life. To those Jesus will say...depart I never knew you.

But these things should not affect the way we present the truth...which is to be in love.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are entire denominations that claim to be spiritual based on outward signs...denying the level of a walk in resurrection life. To those Jesus will say...depart I never knew you.

But these things should not affect the way we present the truth...which is to be in love.

I always teach 2 Peter 1:2-11. And have them memorize 5-7, but 8-11 should give us pause to avoid Matthew 7:21-23.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Episkops...

The Title of your Thread says....that our old man is meant to be Crucified.

However Paul teaches that our old man IS Crucified, and we are to reckon this old man dead, as it has become already "crucified with Christ"

Romans 6:6

Reactions: marks

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkops...

The Title of your Thread says....that our old man is meant to be Crucified.

However Paul teaches that our old man IS Crucified, and we are to reckon this old man dead, as it has become already "crucified with Christ"

Romans 6:6

Right, but he is addressing those who only think they are saved. They have never crucified the flesh, nor know that the Spirit can. BTW, do you speak in tongues?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Right, but he is addressing those who only think they are saved. They have never crucified the flesh, nor know that the Spirit can. BTW, do you speak in tongues?

You must be talking about the video. I didnt watch it.
But the Title of the Thread, is what im addressing.

Also, Episkops, said this......

I"ll quote Him for you..

"""Only the outer man needs a guarantee of salvation."""""

So, do you see this nonsense?
Even you know better then to teach the LIE that the "outer man", needs salvation, when its the spirit that is born again, by Salvation.

So, there is quite a bit of false theology coming out of this Op.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I"ll quote Him for you..

Even you know better then to teach the LIE that the "outer man", needs salvation, when its the spirit that is born again, by Salvation.

LOL It's amazing how you already judge something that you haven't even listened to yet. How many people read their bibles with the view to looking for passages to justify themselves as they already are.

There are others however who are willing to learn and grow in the ways of God in Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It makes my heart heavy to be made aware by the Spirit the delusions that some CHOOSE to believe rather than hear God.

God is weary with mankind and he will not always strive with us to WALK the correct path. Especially those whom avoid the truth!

Three blind mice will scratch one another's backs bc it smoothes over the true spirit that questions the delusions.

May God in His mercy and love guide those that truly seek !

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I"ll quote Him for you..

I'll let you address that with him.

My question now is do you speak in tongues.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
LOL It's amazing how you already judge something that you haven't even listened to yet. How many people read their bibles with the view to looking for passages to justify themselves as they already are.

There are others however who are willing to learn and grow in the ways of God in Christ.

I asked you if you believe you can lose your Salvation @Episkopos.

Don't be afraid to answer.
I already know your answer, but the readers here need to read what you will say.

also,
I never watch the videos.
I listen to the Op's who post them, as from this i can discern if the video is heresy.
Works every time.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you if you believe you can lose your Salvation

Seeing as there will be no sinners in heaven, don't you think the question should be can you willfully sin after Salvation? Or is that two extreme for even you to teach?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'll let you address that with him.

My question now is do you speak in tongues.

You are a Charismatic, and Charismatics worry about gifts, as all babies do.

So, as a Charismatic you were taught incorrectly that your prayer language is one of the 9 Spiritual Gifts.
Its not.

The reality is...... "tongues are for a sign", and "Signs are for the Jews".... Which is why they asked Jesus...>"What SIGN will you show us.

This explains also why the apostles had "signs of an apostle" as Jews were dealing with Jews.

Now, Charismatic Lady, you have no idea what you are talking about, as you do not understand that the Gift of Tongues, is what Peter performed, in Acts 2, when the Jews who heard him, said.>"we hear in our OWN LANGUAGE".

So, all of this is over your head, and so because it is, the best i can do for you, is show you what you didn't know as usual.

See, all Charismatics are taught the lie that speaking in tongues is the proof of the infilling, yet, the gift of Tongues is a "foreign language", not a heavenly language, so, the entire Charismatic movement is based on a total fabrication of this idea of the "infilling" that came down the tubes from EW Kenyon, and right past Kenneth Hagan, and of course Azusa Street with Aimee Semple M.

But let me put it to you another way, also.
I am Spirit Filled, i have been baptized with the Spirit. I have been enabled by God's spirit to perform the ministry He gave me.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 14:17-23 (cxt)
Grow up and be adults of understanding, except in iniquity and the tearing down of all things God !
Proverbs 10:11-14 ( cxt)
The mouth of the RIGHTEOUS is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.
Hatred stirred up strife: but love covereth ALL sins.
In the lips of him that hath understanding WISDOM is found: but a rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding.
Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.
James 1:3-6 ( cxt)
If any LACK WISDOM,let him ask of God...................

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a Charismatic, and Charismatics worry about gifts, as all babies do.

So, as a Charismatic you were taught incorrectly that your prayer language is one of the 9 Spiritual Gifts.
Its not.

The reality is...... "tongues are for a sign", and "Signs are for the Jews".... Which is why they asked Jesus...>"What SIGN will you show us.

This explains also why the apostles had "signs of an apostle" as Jews were dealing with Jews.

Now, Charismatic Lady, you have no idea what you are talking about, as you do not understand that the Gift of Tongues, is what Peter performed, in Acts 2, when the Jews who heard him, said.>"we hear in our OWN LANGUAGE".

So, all of this is over your head, and so because it is, the best i can do for you, is show you what you didn't know as usual.

See, all Charismatics are taught the lie that speaking in tongues is the proof of the infilling, yet, the gift of Tongues is a "foreign language", not a heavenly language, so, the entire Charismatic movement is based on a total fabrication of this idea of the "infilling" that came down the tubes from EW Kenyon, and right past Kenneth Hagan, and of course Azusa Street with Aimee Semple M.

But let me put it to you another way, also.
I am Spirit Filled, i have been baptized with the Spirit. I have been enabled by God's spirit to perform the ministry He gave me.

It wasn't Peter, it was the 120. They understood supernaturally in their hearing. Understand the text. Each devout Jew heard THEM like a choir in each of their individual languages.

The gospel was for the Jews. Gentiles are only grafted in, so don't let "dealing with the Jews" throw you. The Day of Pentecost was the start of the New Covenant and nothing ceases during a covenant, and ours hasn't ended yet. The gifts are how we communicate with God. I still have my gifts. In fact, there are only two that I don't have because they have to do with an office that isn't my office.

So do you have any? Or do you believe they all ceased.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
don't you think the question should be can you willfully sin after Salvation?

The born again are not sinners, they are Saints, Heirs of God, joint heirs with Jesus, having become a new Creation in Christ.

So, Paul teaches that ""Jesus became our sin"", and the born again became "the righteousness of God in Christ"

This is the Divine Exchange

Paul says this..>"use not your liberty for an occasion to the Flesh".
Why does he say that instead of saying....Use not God's Grace for a chance to sin again?

Its because the born again are not under the Law....they are "under Grace" and there is no sin found there.
So, as the Law holds no dominion over the born again, it can't define their works of the flesh as sin.

Reactions: marks

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it can't define their works of the flesh as sin.

What works of the flesh? In fact, what flesh? Paul is not speaking of our body when he uses "flesh" in Romans 8:8-9. He is speaking of "the old man," the carnal nature. If you are teaching that actions of sin are not seen as sin you are mistaken. Please tell me you don't believe that.