What part of us is redeemed/What part of us is meant to be crucified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Gal. 2:20

The above verse says a lot about having an inner man and an outer man. "I live, yet not I? In Christ we are alive in the Spirit in the inner man, but dead in the outer man. The life of Christ in the inner man is quickened in the inner man when the outer man is taken out of the way.

In the Spirit we don't walk by our own faith since we are not walking in our own strength. Rather, at that level we are walking in the faith OF Christ. It is He that has taken over the reigns of our life at that point. This speaks of an intimate walk with the Lord so that our own ideas, opinions, and points of view are crucified with the outer man...the seat of all things temporal and carnal.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The body is dead because of sin.
The mind is not born again, and has to be renewed.

So What is left?

The BORN AGAIN Spirit,= is the "new creation in Christ", that is "made righteous", and exists as "ONE with God".

The Son/Daughter of God, is the Born Again Spirit.

Reactions: Marilyn C

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The body is dead because of sin.
The mind is not born again, and has to be renewed.

So What is left?

The BORN AGAIN Spirit,= is the "new creation in Christ", that is "made righteous", and exists as "ONE with God".

The Son/Daughter of God, is the Born Again Spirit.
A born again spirit? This is a good thing...and a newborn baby has great potential ....but cannot work with his/her Dad in that state. There is a process to salvation that entails being weaned of the flesh. A baby needs to be weaned of its mother in order to be able to travel with Dad and be useful to him. Likewise we also need to be weaned of our own carnal ways.

Now some will think that this is just a natural progression....from sin into holiness. But there is NO such progression. That which is of the flesh is flesh and that which is of the Spirit is Spirit. To get rid of the flesh it needs to be "put down"...crucified. Only then can the inner man proceed in holiness and to the renewing of the mind AT THAT LEVEL.

How can we be sure we are not just learning to put up a religious facade rather than actually being renewed in our minds?

Should we not suspect our own motives in regards to our own survival? The sin nature needs to be ripped out at its roots in the outer man.

We need to be honest enough to realize that we don't want to die...we want to live. The flesh goes to the cross kicking and screaming. Until that flesh is out of the way...we will have a compromised walk...and we will be double minded...that is unless we love the truth enough to come to the light to be exposed in our true condition.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A newborn does not have a born again spirit.

A Christian has a born again Spirit.

LOL A new born Christian is a spiritual babe in Christ. A born again babe in Christ is a spiritual infant. And most modern believers remain there...throwing tantrums when the idea of having their toys taken away comes up.o_O:oops:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
LOL A new born Christian is a spiritual babe in Christ. A born again babe in Christ is a spiritual infant. And most modern believers remain there...throwing tantrums when the idea of having their toys taken away comes up.o_O:oops:

Explain why the blood atonement applied to a Believer by God, always keeps them saved.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Explain why the blood atonement applied to a Believer by God, always keeps them saved.

Salvation has more than one facet. We live in time...we can turn from evil to do what is right and we can turn from doing right and do what is evil. Men have created one way streets...but God's ways are fair and balanced. We can go either way as long as we are alive.

Was the prodigal son still saved when he forsook his father's ways? No, his father said, he was dead and is come back to life.

Likewise when we see a brother or sister that has erred from the path of life...and we restore such a one to the path of life....the bible says that...

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

This is apostolic teaching. Very unlike what is preached at the present time. Only the outer man needs a guarantee of salvation. Trusting in God and loving the truth are far better. That, and keeping an open heart and mind, ready to listen and learn.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation has more than one facet..

You dont seem to realize that Salvation is God as Christ on the Cross.
Can you explain why you dont know this and try to talk around The Cross of Christ, and ignore it?

Salvation is JESUS. John 14:6
Final answer.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You dont seem to realize that Salvation is God as Christ on the Cross.
Can you explain why you dont know this and try to talk around The Cross of Christ, and ignore it?

Salvation is JESUS. John 14:6
Final answer.

The problem is that it is you doing the justifying. This goes along with human nature. Did Jesus die to preserve the sinful nature of Adam? Or, are we saved into Christ AWAY from Adam.

I am the one including the cross of Christ and its power to crucify our sinful flesh. God decides who is justified and who will be saved. No human or human organization can lift themselves above God's judgments.

The sacrifice of Jesus was for the WHOLE world...not just believers.

1 Tim. 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Especially
for believers but not exclusively.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

It is very unwise to claim a justification that only God can bestow. The religious outer man will do this in a bid for self-preservation.
Religious conditioning should not take precedence over the bible.

God's ways are balanced and equal. Try to learn that way.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The problem is that it is you doing the justifying.

Christ on the Cross, is for the sin of the world, but it has to be applied per BELIEVER based on Faith in Christ.
Its not automatic, but the offer is universal.

Also, You are not able to explain why the blood atonement keeps the believer saved.

And
John 3:16 does the justifying.

Christ on the Cross is the Justification that God provides to everyone who will believe.

Its an offer to all will come.....its a universal offer.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The inner man and the outer man.

That was awesome Epi, I sent it to one of my (blood and spiritual) brothers as well as another brother is Christ. Great way of explaining the outer man, especially tying it into the church itself. You are and have been correct all along about these church's today...I'm very hard pressed to find one that teaches the deeper things of God and am about to give up for good as, no real meat there, just STILL the ABC's of things when
"we should be teachers by now"
Gonna watch/listen again and be in prayer today.
Thank you brother for another great vid.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Gal. 2:20

The above verse says a lot about having an inner man and an outer man. "I live, yet not I? In Christ we are alive in the Spirit in the inner man, but dead in the outer man. The life of Christ in the inner man is quickened in the inner man when the outer man is taken out of the way.

In the Spirit we don't walk by our own faith since we are not walking in our own strength. Rather, at that level we are walking in the faith OF Christ. It is He that has taken over the reigns of our life at that point. This speaks of an intimate walk with the Lord so that our own ideas, opinions, and points of view are crucified with the outer man...the seat of all things temporal and carnal.
Oh to fully burst out of that seed husk!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was awesome Epi, I sent it to one of my (blood and spiritual) brothers as well as another brother is Christ. Great way of explaining the outer man, especially tying it into the church itself. You are and have been correct all along about these church's today...I'm very hard pressed to find one that teaches the deeper things of God and am about to give up for good as, no real meat there, just STILL the ABC's of things when
"we should be teachers by now"
Gonna watch/listen again and be in prayer today.
Thank you brother for another great vid.
This is so encouraging Nancy! Thank you for your kind words. The Lord bless you and build you up inwardly! :) <><

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so encouraging Nancy! Thank you for your kind words. The Lord bless you and build you up inwardly! :) <><

Oh thanks for that, it is sorely needed my brother. You've given me a new way to understand the inner and outer man, in all it's duality, thank you. Hi to Dorothy after all these years! God bless and keep you growing!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A born again spirit? This is a good thing...and a newborn baby has great potential ....but cannot work with his/her Dad in that state. There is a process to salvation that entails being weaned of the flesh. A baby needs to be weaned of its mother in order to be able to travel with Dad and be useful to him. Likewise we also need to be weaned of our own carnal ways.

Now some will think that this is just a natural progression....from sin into holiness. But there is NO such progression. That which is of the flesh is flesh and that which is of the Spirit is Spirit. To get rid of the flesh it needs to be "put down"...crucified. Only then can the inner man proceed in holiness and to the renewing of the mind AT THAT LEVEL.

How can we be sure we are not just learning to put up a religious facade rather than actually being renewed in our minds?

Should we not suspect our own motives in regards to our own survival? The sin nature needs to be ripped out at its roots in the outer man.

We need to be honest enough to realize that we don't want to die...we want to live. The flesh goes to the cross kicking and screaming. Until that flesh is out of the way...we will have a compromised walk...and we will be double minded...that is unless we love the truth enough to come to the light to be exposed in our true condition.

For me it was one event, an experience. It is not something I progressed in, it was all God. When His Spirit came into me, I felt it, and a heaviness was lifted out of me, making me feel light as a feather. What changed in me was the desire to sin was gone. I was so hungry for more and more of God I couldn't get enough. I know now that that 'heaviness' was the old man, my carnal nature from Adam's sin that was nailed to the cross, and what was resurrected in me was a reborn spirit and soul, which is a new nature. I now had the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:16.

But I found that I did grow in the Spirit, or fruit of the Spirit, and that takes us to holiness in the end.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me it was one event, an experience. It is not something I progressed in, it was all God. When His Spirit came into me, I felt it, and a heaviness was lifted out of me, making me feel light as a feather. What changed in me was the desire to sin was gone. I was so hungry for more and more of God I couldn't get enough.

But I found that I did grow in the Spirit, or fruit of the Spirit, and that takes us to holiness in the end.

My own experience likewise was to be blasted into the holy walk by being instantly baptized in the Spirit from the very beginning. But what I learned through many years of fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ is that most people come at the life in Christ in a step-wise fashion. Also in history we see the same thing. So then I believe we collectively MAINLY need a second blessing to add to the sample of grace we have been given.

Unless SOME believers were instantly translated into the spiritual realm...there would be no one to testify to the others that such a level of walk existed.

In any case remaining in the higher walk is too difficult for the spiritually immature. We all we go in and out of the Spirit...as is testified to in the bible and also the many saints throughout history.

Peace

Reactions: faithfulness

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own experience likewise was to be blasted into the holy walk by being instantly baptized in the Spirit from the very beginning. But what I learned through many years of fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ is that most people come at the life in Christ in a step-wise fashion. Also in history we see the same thing. So then I believe we collectively MAINLY need a second blessing to add to the sample of grace we have been given.

Unless SOME believers were instantly translated into the spiritual realm...there would be no one to testify to the others that such a level of walk existed.

In any case remaining in the higher walk is too difficult for the spiritually immature. We all we go in and out of the Spirit...as is testified to in the bible and also the many saints throughout history.

Peace

I heard that a long time ago about going in and out of the Spirit, but I've come to the conclusion seeing as those without the Spirit do not belong to Christ, that we never go out of the Spirit. Once inside of us, our conscience is super-sensitized and that never goes away. It not only convicts of sin, It prevents us from sinning in the first place. What also happens is knowledge. The Spirit in us brings more and more knowledge to us, and if we let Him, helps us discern errors in false teachings to avoid or discard. I had to do that with one false teaching that I had thought was good. Interestingly, even though I acted on that false teaching, miracles did not cease. God was not holding me accountable for those sins. That false teaching prevented the truth from the Spirit from being written on my heart. Mind boggling now to think about. But it was because it was unintentional and not willfully against God's will. But I do know that He set me in a new level of obedience farther down the line in 2000. I'm 75 now. Yikes! I'm old! Sure wish I had this knowledge in my youth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I heard that a long time ago about going in and out of the Spirit, but I've come to the conclusion seeing as those without the Spirit do not belong to Christ, that we never go out of the Spirit. Once inside of us, our conscience is super-sensitized and that never goes away. It not only convicts of sin, It prevents us from sinning in the first place. What also happens is knowledge. The Spirit in us brings more and more knowledge to us, and if we let Him, helps us discern errors in false teachings to avoid or discard. I had to do that with one false teaching that I had thought was good. Interestingly, even though I acted on that false teaching, miracles did not cease. God was not holding me accountable for those sins. That false teaching prevented the truth from the Spirit from being written on my heart. Mind boggling now to think about. But it was because it was unintentional and not willfully against God's will. But I do know that He set me in a new level of obedience farther down the line in 2000. I'm 75 now. Yikes! I'm old! Sure wish I had this knowledge in my youth.

Amen! But to help people you have to reach them where they are at. Otherwise it will seem like we are gloating over others because of what the Lord has done with us...and through us.

Humility demands that we identify with those who are in a learning phase towards full freedom in the Spirit. Not many of us are capable of being teachers...and not many of us should, as we will be judged on the sensitivity with which we are to teach others. We are to be like our Master who was careful to not break a broken reed or quench a smoking flax.

The more experience with God we have the more humility we need to exhibit. We are to grow roots downward and bear fruit upwards. We are to be S T R E T C H E D into Christ-likeness.

So then its great to have a good testimony...but what is even better is to help people step-wise into the deeper walk. Otherwise what good are we to the Body?