What part of us is redeemed/What part of us is meant to be crucified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying that Salvation is only to receive the new body?
Are you trying to help his bizarre idea that SALVATION, who is Christ on the CROSS is only for the OUTER MAN, the BODY?

Well, i think you know that the new birth is Salvation's RESULT, and the new body is related to the born again SPIRIT, (inside the body_ that will receive it.

LOL No! Our body is the only part that STILL needs to be changed. Our nature: our spirit and soul is already changed, called born again.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! But to help people you have to reach them where they are at. Otherwise it will seem like we are gloating over others because of what the Lord has done with us...and through us.

Humility demands that we identify with those who are in a learning phase towards full freedom in the Spirit. Not many of us are capable of being teachers...and not many of us should, as we will be judged on the sensitivity with which we are to teach others. We are to be like our Master who was careful to not break a broken reed or quench a smoking flax.

The more experience with God we have the more humility we need to exhibit. We are to grow roots downward and bear fruit upwards. We are to be S T R E T C H E D into Christ-likeness.

So then its great to have a good testimony...but what is even better is to help people step-wise into the deeper walk. Otherwise what good are we to the Body?
Those steps are so needed by those like myself...

Reactions: Episkopos

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4-5 AD

Ephesus.

Originally the CC was named by the Church Fathers, - "The cult of Mary".

Wow, that is before Christs ministry. I though Mary and Joseph were going to keep the facts of the conception a secret.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Those steps are so needed by those like myself...

I would say that almost all believers need the two steps to get into the resurrection walk. For the few that go immediately there...it is for a testimony to the others in order to encourage them to press on and upward in their walk.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Work out your own salvation with FEAR and trembling."

You are teaching self saving, or works of self effort, as Salvation.

This denies the Sacrifice of Christ who IS our Salvaiton.
You have no knowledge of this at all, and that is why all you can talk about is your own self effort.
All legalists, teach the same anti-CROSS self saving...."here is what you must DO", to be saved and stay saved.""

You teach AGAINST the Cross, "the GIFT of Salvation< and " the Gift of Righteousness", by replacing it with WORKS and SELF EFFORT.
This is the Gospel of the Devil, who replaces the CROSS with SELF righteousness, exactly as you do, while you pretend you are talking about God's Salvation.
This is Galatians 1:8 that you are involved with...Episkopos.

Thats some serious anti-Cross theology you are posting in public., Episkopos.

So, did you want to tell the readers that you believe that you can lose your salvation, because you dont't believe that Christ keeps you saved?
What are you waiting for?
Do you need me to ask you again for the 4th time?
Dont be afraid. Just step up to the plate and prove your self righteousness, some more for the members here..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are teaching self saving, or works of self effort, as Salvation.
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Phil. 2:12

I'm quoting Paul who you don't understand. Will you now be honest and admit you are condemning Paul...of course not! You can't even tell when I quote the bible directly and not put in chapter and verse indicators. Anything you say will have the same carnal religious posturing since you cannot be honest enough to admit you disagree with Paul and the rest of the bible. You only agree with Luther who made a scheme for the flesh based on a misrepresentation of what Paul said. Peter warned us that many twist the meaning of Paul to their own destruction. Since you don't fear the Lord as you should...you will ignore every warning that could save you INTO a true walk in Christ.

Paul said we should fear lest we be cut off...but you attack the one who quotes the bible directly..because you are not being honest about your own outer man resistance to the truth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Wow, that is before Christs ministry. I though Mary and Joseph were going to keep the facts of the conception a secret.

4th or 5th century, is = 400 or 500 AD

-
"""""""The Council of Ephesus in 431 sanctioned the cult of the Virgin as Mother of God;
Then....
Pope Gregory’s reading of the role of Mary would be repeated by monks and priests. They would weave in to the Gospels his readings as if they were Gospel themselves soon forgetting that it was myth. The words of Gregory soon became a reality. The birth of the cult of the Virgin Mary had begun. She became a pure and perfect form of womanhood, an expectation of perfection within the female form.
Next..
.The Virgin Mary in Byzantine Representations
The Virgin Mary, known as the Theotokos in Greek terminology, was central to Byzantine spirituality as one of its most important religious figures . As the mediator between suffering mankind and Christ and the protectress of Constantinople , she was widely venerated. Also..
Mary is mentioned more often in the Koran (Q`uran) (Islam) (30 references) than in the Christian Bible
Lastly for now...... The Catholic Religion relies heavily on "Church Father" and "Saints"
One of their favorites is Irenaeus.
IN his book Against Heresies (Book 5, ch. 19, c. AD 185) that talks about "recapitulation." He talks about how Jesus undid through obedience what Adam caused through disobedience. It also says that Mary, obeying while a virgin, undid the disobedience of Eve who disobeyed while a virgin."""""""

Pic
-
2560px-Marienkirche_Ephesos_2.jpg

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Phil. 2:12

You are quoting but not understanding.

Listen...Salvation is God's Gift to the world that is received when a person BELIEVES in Jesus and is born again.

You are teaching Salvation as : "here is how i save myself".
So, if you died on the Cross for your own sin, then you have worked out your salvation, as YOU are falsely teaching it, Episkopos.
I dont think you died on the Cross.
Check your wrists for an update.

Listen.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross, dying for all our sin.
This was accomplished over 2200 years ago., and this is our Salvation...= CHRIST ON THE CROSS..= Accomplished by CHRIST's DEATH and shed Blood.

This is REDEMPTION based on the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

God Gives to us this SACRIFICE of CHRIST, that is the BLOOD ATONEMENT< as "the GIFT OF SALVATION, and "THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"< to all who BELIEVE.

These Believers, become, BORN AGAIN. = Spiritually.

So, the born again HAVE Salvation, its been given to them when their faith was accepted by God, who "justified them by FAITH".

So, now having Salvation, = the forgiveness of sin and Eternal life, the born again Believer is to "work it out".

You do this by renewing your mind into the right understanding of what it means to have become a "new creation in Christ".
You are not working to stay saved, as you falsely teach as your LEGALISM. Episkopos.......but the born again, who are in possession of GOD's Salvation (born again) are to learn how to exit within it, in the right mind, = working it out......

This is Growing in Grace.
This is "becoming the fullness of the stature of Christ", "as many as be PERFECT".
This is leaving the babe in Christ stage, of worrying about losing salvation and repenting, and so forth. Hebrews 6:1

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are quoting but not understanding.

Listen...Salvation is God's Gift to the world that is received when a person BELIEVES in Jesus and is born again.

You are teaching Salvation as : "here is how i save myself".
So, if you died on the Cross for your own sin, then you have worked out your salvation, as YOU are falsely teaching it, Episkopos.
I dont think you died on the Cross.
Check your wrists for an update.

Listen.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross, dying for all our sin.
This was accomplished over 2200 years ago., and this is our Salvation...= CHRIST ON THE CROSS..= Accomplished by CHRIST's DEATH and shed Blood.

This is REDEMPTION based on the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

God Gives to us this SACRIFICE of CHRIST, that is the BLOOD ATONEMENT< as "the GIFT OF SALVATION, and "THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"< to all who BELIEVE.

These Believers, become, BORN AGAIN. = Spiritually.

So, the born again HAVE Salvation, its been given to them when their faith was accepted by God, who "justified them by FAITH".

So, now having Salvation, = the forgiveness of sin and Eternal life, the born again Believer is to "work it out".

You do this by renewing your mind into the right understanding of what it means to have become a "new creation in Christ".
You are not working to stay saved, as you falsely teach as your LEGALISM. Episkopos.......but the born again, who are in possession of GOD's Salvation (born again) are to learn how to exit within it, in the right mind, = working it out......

This is Growing in Grace.
This is leaving the babe in Christ stage, of worrying about losing salvation and so forth..

I am teaching a spiritual walk in Christ. You are teaching a legalism based on a religious scheme that denies the power of the cross in the lives of believers. I leave you to your delusion as your own posts bear witness of what I am warning people about.

Reactions: Azim

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am teaching a spiritual walk in Christ. t.

You are teaching Cross Rejecting Legalism as your idea of how you try not to lose your salvation.

You are teaching working for Salvation, vs, receiving it as "the GIFT of Salvation" as GOD PROVIDED IT from THE CROSS of Christ.

You are teaching God's Gift of Salvation as your self righteous works.

Who are you kidding here?
Maybe some of these other members who worry they can lose their salvation.
Im not them, fella.
So....Try again.
Reboot your Cross rejecting Theology, Episkopos..., as your Grace Denying assault against the Cross is being performed on a Christian Forum.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I I leave you to your delusion as your own posts bear witness of what I am warning people about.

You can't even be honest and tell these MEMBERS that you believe you can lose your Salvation..
How do i know that about you ????, as i knew it before i asked you the question....
Did you figure that out yet?
Ive asked you 4x, and stated it again a 5th in this post to you.
What "honest" person, would dodge this question 4-5 times, Episkopos?
So, you take your "warning" and point it in your own face, as you are "the man".
Believe it.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The inner man and the outer man.

That was a good episode 3 of your podcast @Episkopos . It helped clarify things for me on my spiritual walk and understanding. I was surprised by the length, compared to your previous episodes, but it went by quickly. Definitely will be listening to it again. I also noted how you brought to light to several verses in the Bible, in regards to the inner man and outer man, which I never would of noticed. Going to have to pray the Holy Spirit will help open my eyes to that more often when I study. Blessings to you!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it exactly backwards. The false teachers of righteousness are those who for a sample of grace then replace true righteousness with an outward conformity to a dead religious form...that has NO ETERNAL LIFE in it.

A false righteousness is one that is imputed by outward beliefs...dogmas, creeds. The Catholics may have gotten it wrong, but the Protestants added to their error. The Pharisees were certain of their salvation because of their birth into Israel. Were they faithful to God? no...they were faithful to their own natures. The same thing goes for so much of modern Christendom. Modern Pharisees are just as certain of their own salvation based on a new birth in the Spirit. But there is a race ahead that determines who will pass through the wilderness part of their walk.

You have to ignore the whole bible to not see that God doesn't go easier on the Gentiles than on the Jews.

Listen to Paul if no one else...

"Work out your own salvation with FEAR and trembling."

“Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you standby faith. Be not highminded (SMUG), but fear:”“For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not you.“Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shalt be cut off.” Rom 11:20-22

The outer man that has no fear has never encountered the living God. In that case it's all outer man religion...just like the Pharisees.

"But there is a race ahead that determines who will pass through the wilderness part of their walk."
God give us strength, faith, wisdom and understanding to break through!

I would say that almost all believers need the two steps to get into the resurrection walk...

"The outer man that has no fear has never encountered the living God. In that case it's all outer man religion...just like the Pharisees."

My question here is, how MUCH fear is healthy as, it's hard to come boldly to His throne if one is too afraid of Him. Personally, I am terrified of Him sometimes and it is not because of actively living in any kind of sin other than reading, praying and worshipping Him not enough (IMHO). There is still a distance that I "feel" perhaps "expecting" Him to suddenly give me a gift as, cannot see where I have ANY "gift". We are to pray for them and, even that prayer has faded long ago sadly :( Pray for this soul brother, she needs it!
:pray:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"But there is a race ahead that determines who will pass through the wilderness part of their walk."
God give us strength, faith, wisdom and understanding to break through!

"The outer man that has no fear has never encountered the living God. In that case it's all outer man religion...just like the Pharisees."

My question here is, how MUCH fear is healthy as, it's hard to come boldly to His throne if one is too afraid of Him. Personally, I am terrified of Him sometimes and it is not because of actively living in any kind of sin other than reading, praying and worshipping Him not enough (IMHO). There is still a distance that I "feel" perhaps "expecting" Him to suddenly give me a gift as, cannot see where I have ANY "gift". We are to pray for them and, even that prayer has faded long ago sadly :( Pray for this soul brother, she needs it!
:pray:

The fear is on the outer man...as in..don't get in the way of the inner man coming to God. The confidence must come from the inner man. God is WAITING for the inner man. No need to fear from within. We are to come boldly before the throne of grace.

So we are only afraid of God in the outer man. The inner man is beloved by God...Jesus died to reconcile us (in the inner man) to God. So the problem is that we are not confident enough unless the outer man is involved. The right thing to do is to seek the Lord boldly AND in humility. It sounds like a difficult combination....but we can do it...by faith in Him. Faith gives us the boldness to seek His face. He loves us and wants us to seek His face. So by going to Him we are already lining up with His will. If He doesn't receive us right away...we are not to lose heart. The spiritual walk is based on the law of Christ. So we learn how our heart is to be courageous yet humble as we seek Him. Inner faith gives us the courage to come into the light of God's love.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was a good episode 3 of your podcast @Episkopos . It helped clarify things for me on my spiritual walk and understanding. I was surprised by the length, compared to your previous episodes, but it went by quickly. Definitely will be listening to it again. I also noted how you brought to light to several verses in the Bible, in regards to the inner man and outer man, which I never would of noticed. Going to have to pray the Holy Spirit will help open my eyes to that more often when I study. Blessings to you!

Bless you Venksta. Be courageous in the inner man of faith. I think the length was necessary to convey the complexity..and yet I still left out important aspects...like I added at the beginning of this thread with the "I am crucified with Christ yet I live..." (outer man crucified yet the inner man still lives)

The first few podcasts were a learning experience....I will need to post additional Q and A kind of supplements in the future to finish the ideas. Now if I could only stop clipping my sentences! If I could only slow down and complete some thoughts! ;)

Peace to you and yours

<><

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you Venksta. Be courageous in the inner man of faith. I think the length was necessary to convey the complexity..and yet I still left out important aspects...like I added at the beginning of this thread with the "I am crucified with Christ yet I live..." (outer man crucified yet the inner man still lives)

The first few podcasts were a learning experience....I will need to post additional Q and A kind of supplements in the future to finish the ideas. Now if I could only stop clipping my sentences! If I could only slow down and complete some thoughts! ;)

Peace to you and yours

<><
Which part are you clipping, the beginning or the end :D
Your excitement is pushing you hard, lol.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our flesh, this vessel of clay is not worth a pound of dirt !. Flesh & blood shall not inherit the kingdom nor enter into heaven.
It is the flesh that must be brought under subjection to God [1John 2:14-17
( cxt ) ] and that flesh nature is the love of the world, ie,the lust of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes, and the pride of life.

Romans 8:1-4 ( cxt )
There is now therefore NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who WALK NOT after the flesh but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of SIN and DEATH.
For what the law could not do, in that it is weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.

Crucifying it DAILY.

The soul of man, which God spoke these words unto the prophet Ezekiel in ch.18, tell us this is the part that is redeemed.
All souls are God's and the soul that sinneth will die just as God has ordained it to.
Each is RESPONSIBLE for their own iniquity & transgressions and it cannot be charged to another.

Yet God in His glorious love came down among man as flesh to be tried, tempted & tested as we are but WITHOUT his own sin.
He took on himself every sin of the whole world that NONE would perish but that all MIGHT BE REDEEMED BY BELIEVING IN HIM !

It is a forward walk, not looking BACK nor LEFT nor RIGHT but straight ahead following in Christ steps.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4th or 5th century, is = 400 or 500 AD

-
"""""""The Council of Ephesus in 431 sanctioned the cult of the Virgin as Mother of God;
Then....
Pope Gregory’s reading of the role of Mary would be repeated by monks and priests. They would weave in to the Gospels his readings as if they were Gospel themselves soon forgetting that it was myth. The words of Gregory soon became a reality. The birth of the cult of the Virgin Mary had begun. She became a pure and perfect form of womanhood, an expectation of perfection within the female form.
Next..
.The Virgin Mary in Byzantine Representations
The Virgin Mary, known as the Theotokos in Greek terminology, was central to Byzantine spirituality as one of its most important religious figures . As the mediator between suffering mankind and Christ and the protectress of Constantinople , she was widely venerated. Also..
Mary is mentioned more often in the Koran (Q`uran) (Islam) (30 references) than in the Christian Bible
Lastly for now...... The Catholic Religion relies heavily on "Church Father" and "Saints"
One of their favorites is Irenaeus.
IN his book Against Heresies (Book 5, ch. 19, c. AD 185) that talks about "recapitulation." He talks about how Jesus undid through obedience what Adam caused through disobedience. It also says that Mary, obeying while a virgin, undid the disobedience of Eve who disobeyed while a virgin."""""""

Pic
-
2560px-Marienkirche_Ephesos_2.jpg

Probably 5th century - 400's when the second emperor after Constantine made all paganism illegal. All pagan temples were turned into the first churches and to help indoctrinate the pagans into Christianity that is when they superimposed Mary and Jesus onto pagan deities and their idols.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You must be talking about the video. I didnt watch it.
But the Title of the Thread, is what im addressing.

Also, Episkops, said this......

I"ll quote Him for you..

"""Only the outer man needs a guarantee of salvation."""""

So, do you see this nonsense?
Even you know better then to teach the LIE that the "outer man", needs salvation, when its the spirit that is born again, by Salvation.

So, there is quite a bit of false theology coming out of this Op.
You're seeing false doctrine because you didn't understand what Episkopos is saying. The outer man, our carnal flesh nature craves and demands "assurance of salvation". It craves to be justified in other words, but God doesn't justify our outer man, He does the opposite to it and we need to obey and cooperate with Him in that effort.