What part of 'you know not' do you not understand?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The quote below is yours. You say you disagree with the interpretations of the scriptures posted. If you go back and reread the start of this thread up to the point you made that comment, you'll notice that no interpretations were given.

You're either a troll trying to stir up conflict or your reading comprehension is nonexistent.

Thanks for calling me a pig.
default_thumbsup.gif
Hadn't heard that one since grade school.

So be it. Your response has only confirmed what I have said that you would do.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Christ comes as a thief, in an hour and a day in which we think not. It is better to live the Christian life in daily expectancy that Christ may return for his church today!

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. - Matthew 24:36

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24:42

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.- Mark 13:32

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. - Luke 12:39

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3:3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

We don't know the day,however we are to know the season

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Christ can't,I repeat CAN'T come at anytime

He told us everything that will and must happen before His return.

If you think He can,at what time was that possible?

Peter Knew that He Would Die before Jesus Returned

Paul Knew that He Would Go to Rome before Jesus Returned

The Early Church Knew that They Must Take the Gospel to the World before Jesus Returned

So at what time may I ask did His return become imminent?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Christ can't,I repeat CAN'T come at anytime

He told us everything that will and must happen before His return.

If you think He can,at what time was that possible?
when love is awakened, in your season,
"I want you to swear, O daughters of Jerusalem, Do not arouse or awaken my love Until she pleases."
So at what time may I ask did His return become imminent?
when one gets eyes to see that He was there all along, and never left you, i guess
plenty of Scripture for that

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Is this a reference to the parables of the Minas and the Talents? if so, then the so called worthless servants is a Good Guy in the two parables, because he stood up to Satan and told him that the harvest was not his to have.

I was thinking of Matthew 25:14-30. In that account, the "worthless servant" did not do as you are describing above.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was thinking of Matthew 25:14-30. In that account, the "worthless servant" did not do as you are describing above.
Please let the two parables speak for themselves: -

Matthew 25:24-28: - 24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'

26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.

Luke 19:20-23: - 20 "Then another came, saying, 'Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.' 22 And he said to him, 'Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?'

In both cases, the Good Guy who is called a wicked servant by Satan, who both parables is about, stands up to Satan and refuses to oppress the people around him by putting monetary burdens on them which they are not able to meet easily, making their live hard to bear. In both parable the "Good Guy" acts within the "law" and returns the money he had received in the same condition as he had received it.

I describe the Parable of the Minas as the Secular parable, while the parable of the Talents I describe as the religious parable. The differences between the two parables are only minor except in the parable of minas, a fleeting reference is made to the starting process of Israel being redeemed, in our near future, and also to the fact, that when Satan returns, he will go after the Saints and kill them because they do not want to have Satan ruling over them.

The parables tell us of Satan's intent of continuing his oppression of the people of the earth even while he is to be locked up for 1,000 years in the bottomless pit where his influence is curtailed by his imprisonment.

The text in both parables support my statement.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>
I describe the Parable of the Minas as the Secular parable, while the parable of the Talents I describe as the religious parable. The differences between the two parables are only minor except in the parable of minas, a fleeting reference is made to the starting process of Israel being redeemed, in our near future, and also to the fact, that when Satan returns, he will go after the Saints and kill them because they do not want to have Satan ruling over them.

The parables tell us of Satan's intent of continuing his oppression of the people of the earth even while he is to be locked up for 1,000 years in the bottomless pit where his influence is curtailed by his imprisonment.

The text in both parables support my statement.

Mat 25:30 And cast ye out the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

Well, that is certainly an interesting take. I gotta say, I disagree.

I would be curious to hear your opinion @bbyrd009.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 25:30 And cast ye out the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

Why was the servant unprofitable to Satan?

Because he was teaching and acting out God's truth, the light that Satan fears, and so, Satan has him cast as far away from his activity as possible so that the Good Guy Servant does not rain on his parade with God's truth. The fact that Satan acknowledges that there will be much gnashing of teeth there, is an irony that await him.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ comes as a thief, in an hour and a day in which we think not. It is better to live the Christian life in daily expectancy that Christ may return for his church today!

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. - Matthew 24:36

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. - Matthew 24:42

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.- Mark 13:32

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. - Luke 12:39

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3:3

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

that maybe a point to take note of, but if you notice the falling away of the gentile population from the Lord's influence especially in the churches, its a time when the remnant need to know what times they are living in. and hence the Lord has given them information to recognize it. just as He did when Babylon toke them just as when Titus trampled them. and He also gave them warning when He was to do anything significant.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know the day,however we are to know the season

And there are people who claim we can't know the season or time...........And I wonder, what in the blue hell is the freaking point of prophecy if this is true? I just don't understand people like the OP when they make such claims.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

i gotta say, i have never heard @Jay Ross' interpretation, but it is resonating on more than one level. "Outer darkness" might be = to "outside the camp," in perception anyway. I think the context in which they are presented is telling, too. The Matthew acct is prefaced by
11“Later the rest of the virgins also came and said, ‘Master, master, open up for us! ’

12“But he replied, ‘•I assure you: I do not know you! ’

13“Therefore be alert, because you don’t know either the day or the hour.

and the Luke acct, by

11As they were listening to this, He went on to tell a parable because He was near Jerusalem,l and they thought the kingdom of God was going to appear right away.

iow in both accounts we are first presented with Believers Who Do Not Understand, and the parables are given as a direct reply to the misunderstandings. It is a stretch, if you think about it, to rep the believers as "servants who hate God," 14“But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We don’t want this man to rule overus! ’

although that could be taken two ways as well. So imo what we have here is maybe a parable that works one way for one season, and another way for another season, although that may not be satisfying to many.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The fact that Satan acknowledges that there will be much gnashing of teeth there, is an irony that await him.
yes, i mean we gotta admit that there would have been a lot of teeth gnashing if anyone had attempted to follow Meshak, Shadrak, et al into the furnace, too; but they were fine, right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

it is mostly the use of "money" in the parable that makes it suspect, to me. If money = "talents," in the current vernacular, then it goes one way, and if talents = money, it goes another.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is annoying that people put lifetimes into elaborate date schemes whereby they lead many astray. If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton leaves his own prediction in doubt, and has the humility to say...

“"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

I believe Isaac Newton was incredible close, especially considering he has been dead nearly 400 years. And he reiterates, after his predictions, that Christ comes as a thief in the night.
Even Isaac Newton seemed to speculate. And rightly so, for he acknowledged the same authority of a created timeline of a fallen world...

But, no, these words of God are only discerned spiritually: "A time, times, and half a time"...is [all] of time. Meaning, one time overall, two dispensations, and the daily dividing of time into darkness and light (good and evil).

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even Isaac Newton seemed to speculate. And rightly so, for he acknowledged the same authority of a created timeline of a fallen world...

But, no, these words of God are only discerned spiritually: "A time, times, and half a time"...is [all] of time. Meaning, one time overall, two dispensations, and the daily dividing of time into darkness and light (good and evil).

Another way of looking at this "A time, times and a half of time" in Daniel 12 is in reverse order, a half of time/age for Israel to repent of their idolatrous behaviour, two times/ages where God walks contrary to them and they walk contrary to God, and the final time/age when they are redeemed and they renew and enter into the Kingdom of priests and a holy nation Covenant with God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An interesting insight to the timing of the Parable of the Minas can be gained if we consider the timings given in this parable.

The people, i.e. Israel, since the audience listening to this parable were Israelites going up to Jerusalem for the Passover, send a delegation off after Satan leaves to tell ??? that they do not want Satan to rule over them when he returns. The beginning of the redemption process for Israel which will occur in our near future.

The parable ends with the start of the great Tribulation foretold, after the Master/Satan return from his "supposed journey" with the claim that he has been granted his request to rule over the people and he begins killing the people who will not worship him as a deity.

It is just a thought.