What purpose does it serve?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somehow... like you have pointed out.... things have gone very badly... but I do not see this as a SUDDEN thing... I believe that many Americans seem to think that AMERICA is still the land of milk and honey... and that it's still the 1950's where homes had a mom... dad.. and kids... and a house with a white picket fence. The American Dream. This America in my estimation has been gone for DECADES...
It has been a slow fade... a creeping in ever so quietly fade... until one day.... you realize things have changed... and it's not good.

I agree with the "lobster (or frog, lol) in the pot" assessment, as it rings true with:
Jude (KJV)
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. "This?" Has been the "fate" (cycle) throughout all human history (as civilizations rise AND fall) since the "forbidden fruit" incident in the garden of Eden.

And also, the "forked tongue", by these SAME ones (not only in "governmental roles", as they also REQUIRE leaders in the church, to help 'em pull it off) Jude mentions, with the "white picket fenced dream", as "they" continue with: 1 Corinthians 10:22
Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? IOW? "I don't want my children to have as hard a time as I had growing up!"

That is, until RECENTLY, when their "modus operendi's" (call it Mystery Babylon) were exposed!
Now? They are being FORCED to continue on (turning up the heat on the boiling pot significantly) on those of us IN that pot! In their intimidating efforts of squelching ALL messaging to our fellow lobsters (or frogs).

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with the "lobster (or frog, lol) in the pot" assessment, as it rings true with:
Jude (KJV)
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. "This?" Has been the "fate" (cycle) throughout all human history (as civilizations rise AND fall) since the "forbidden fruit" incident in the garden of Eden.

And also, the "forked tongue", by these SAME ones (not only in "governmental roles", as they also REQUIRE leaders in the church, to help 'em pull it off) Jude mentions, with the "white picket fenced dream", as "they" continue with: 1 Corinthians 10:22
Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? IOW? "I don't want my children to have as hard a time as I had growing up!"

That is, until RECENTLY, when their "modus operendi's" (call it Mystery Babylon) were exposed!
Now? They are being FORCED to continue on (turning up the heat on the boiling pot significantly) on those of us IN that pot! In their intimidating efforts of squelching ALL messaging to our fellow lobsters (or frogs).
Most comical assessment... I was a bit worried I was in for a LASHING... LOL

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a new denomination forming?
I started this thread a few months back

Moralless Christians.
Is This a trend....a movement....a denomination....a cultural shift....or just apathy? Looking for opinions and comments.

Of course you have the democrat communists that are the enemy of God, country, or anything good. But then you have the kicker, Christians, that don't even have a Bible and then you have Christians that think that biblical morals are old fashion and not relevant in our times. That biblical morals deny human and civil rights. Is this a growing trend, to believe in Christ, but discard the morals of the Bible? The emergence of the moralless Christians, is this a real thing?

12194_2270f383e63c34cf16848b474fef2f00.JPG

Religion does not determine your morality....
Religion does not determine your morality web article.

The moralless revolution
Moralless Revolution
"In any case, religiosity is only loosely related to theology. That is, the beliefs and behaviors of religious people are not always in accordance with official religious doctrines. Instead, popular religiosity tends to be much more practical and intuitive."

Are religious people more moral?

Religion Doesn't Make People More Moral, Study Finds
Religion Doesn't Make People More Moral, Study Finds | Live Science

Belief in absolute moral truth rooted in God’s word is rapidly eroding among all American adults. This includes those who are both churched and unchurched, those belonging to every political segment, and from every age group. Even among those who do identify God as the source of truth, there is substantial rejection of any absolute standard of morality in American culture.
A Nation Unmoored – CRC Study Shows Americans Reject Moral Truth Rooted in God's Word | Arizona Christian University

Is this associated with the concepts of OSAS?
Is it related to the belief of universal salvation?
Is it drug related? The desire to be Christian but want to take drugs?
Is it caused by the colleges preaching atheism?
Is it just apathy?
Is it just not wanting to take a stand?
Can it be associated with the fake news agency's support of anarchy?
Is it part of the democrat party's assault on God and country?
Is it just fashionable to accept the social and moral decay of society?
May I dare say, is it the signs of the end time?
What do you think?

LGBTQ community is a cesspool of perversions and sinful lifestyles including drugs, the occult, and child molestations that openly denounce God and country. Do people see this new moralless denomination as an outreach to these type of people? Do they believe that hell is not relevant? Or that these people can be saved by believing in Christ but continue to live sinful lifestyles? Or they just do not care? Live and let...burn in hell.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter and what???? You decided to drop it off here on my thread because??? you missed me??

Relevant to the discussion. How do you take a stand? Can you take a stand by not taking a stand?
Should it be an honest and open declaration of a new Christian denomination?
We have Calvinists that blaspheme God in the worst way and Jehovah's Witnesses that deny the deity of Christ...would this fit in? Really? Would it be worse? What would you call it...The Church of Fashionable Christians...no no some would take that as Christians that dress well. How about the The Church of Abundant Life....no no that name is already taken. I am not sure, what do you think?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and... what would you call the RAVI ZACHARIAS scandal?? @Grailhunter

and the CEO of Voices of the Martyrs who committed suicide in a warehouse because earlier in the week charges were brought against him regarding molestation of a child???

and all the Catholic priests who over the years have abused and molested 10's of 1000's of children... with the church denying it and sweeping it under the carpet... or the pastor that abuses his wife behind closed doors.???

I would call the above a cesspool of perversion with a capital P.

It would seem to prove that Religion does not make one more moral. ( for the secular world who are looking in ).

I was really looking forward to a nice Sunday...and a quiet afternoon... ( You know... us Christians who can't bare to take a STAND against evil )

God is the one who deals with sin... and every human being is going to have to give account for their lives one day.

My job is to live life to the best of my ability as a Christian... It is not my job to approach all the sinners within ANY community and tell them they are VERMIN and worthy of damnation.

This is what I am talking about... all this SHOUTING about things... It solves NOTHING... and it doesn't seem to end.

Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would ask that this thread NOT become a place to BASH people... and... I will once again reiterate....
I do NOT condone sin. I do not HIDE from TRUTH. I simply understand that we live in a fallen world.

I had to read my own Original post again... just to make sure that this WAS on topic... and although I don't like the tone of what Grailhunter has posted... it is what it is.

I have to say... this reminded me of the Westboro Baptists with their ugly little picket signs... SHOUTING that Homosexuals are going to hell.

Like that is really going to help CHANGE the SIN in the world.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and... what would you call the RAVI ZACHARIAS scandal?? @Grailhunter

and the CEO of Voices of the Martyrs who committed suicide in a warehouse because earlier in the week charges were brought against him regarding molestation of a child???

and all the Catholic priests who over the years have abused and molested 10's of 1000's of children... with the church denying it and sweeping it under the carpet... or the pastor that abuses his wife behind closed doors.???

I would call the above a cesspool of perversion with a capital P.

It would seem to prove that Religion does not make one more moral. ( for the secular world who are looking in ).

I was really looking forward to a nice Sunday...and a quiet afternoon... ( You know... us Christians who can't bare to take a STAND against evil )

God is the one who deals with sin... and every human being is going to have to give account for their lives one day.

My job is to live life to the best of my ability as a Christian... It is not my job to approach all the sinners within ANY community and tell them they are VERMIN and worthy of damnation.

This is what I am talking about... all this SHOUTING about things... It solves NOTHING... and it doesn't seem to end.

LOL Ravi Zacharias, and they say you can't judge a book by it cover! LOL
And as far as you....as I said before....what I know of you is what you post.
Now if you knew me you might find that statement entertaining.
Now read what you just posted....does that sound like a atheist apologist....patterns...
This is the second time that when the discussion is about morality that you bring up charges against the faith.
As far as I am concerned any pastor or preacher that would betray the trust of their congregation should be punished in the worst way. Civil courts are not good enough. I will leave it at that. What is the alternative, having priests and pastors wearing ankle bracelets.

Non- participant..Nahhh! You participate you stand ready to charge the faith and are tolerant of immorality??? Prove me wrong....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL Ravi Zacharias, and they say you can't judge a book by it cover! LOL
And as far as you....as I said before....what I know of you is what you post.
Now if you knew me you might find that statement entertaining.
Now read what you just posted....does that sound like a atheist apologist....patterns...
This is the second time that when the discussion is about morality that you bring up charges against the faith.
As far as I am concerned any pastor or preacher that would betray the trust of their congregation should be punished in the worst way. Civil courts are not good enough. I will leave it at that. What is the alternative, having priests and pastors wearing ankle bracelets.

Non- participant..Nahhh! You participate you stand ready to charge the faith and are tolerant of immorality??? Prove me wrong....
I call it CLEANING up my own back yard.... We are so busy as Christians condemning the "lost" world... we can't even keep our own yards clean... so yeah. Once we take the specs out of our own yards.... then maybe we can help a brother with his.... THIS to me is just an excuse to be NASTY.... If you think it's your job to FIX the world of it's sin by calling out all the sinners.. then by all means... go for it.

I will stick to my position of letting God do HIS work on the world. REALLY... I think someone pooped in your cornflakes this morning.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would ask that this thread NOT become a place to BASH people... and... I will once again reiterate....
I do NOT condone sin. I do not HIDE from TRUTH. I simply understand that we live in a fallen world.

I had to read my own Original post again... just to make sure that this WAS on topic... and although I don't like the tone of what Grailhunter has posted... it is what it is.

I have to say... this reminded me of the Westboro Baptists with their ugly little picket signs... SHOUTING that Homosexuals are going to hell.

Like that is really going to help CHANGE the SIN in the world.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are bashing you.
And the post on the new denominations was presented for all those on the thread to comment on....I stated that in the beginning of the post.

Again this is a new thing....the desire to silence those that stand up for Christianity by saying they are offended when Christians speak against sin. Signs of the times....the propaganda machine that promotes lies and immorality while trying to silence Christians.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did not accuse you of bashing me... I am perfectly aware that you and I DISAGREE... it's not a problem.

The desire to silence those that stand up for Christianity by saying they are offended when Christians speak against sin.

I am not offended about speaking against sin...but... I understand we live in a completely fallen world... filled with overflowing sin.
My point is that GOD is the one who DEALS with sin.

There has been such nastiness going on since the election... name calling... bashing of others... it has been horrific... ( this is the part where you tell me to STOP WHINING )... I just don't see that any of this type of action is helpful.

ACCUSING people of living perverted lives is all good and well... but it accomplishes nothing... it does not fix the problem of sin.

You seem to think I have taken the easy way out... the LAZY way out... that I am a no show when the chips are down.. but in all actuality
I just don't see the world in the way that you do. I thought we covered that truth on a different thread... but apparently we are NOT finished. LOL

Anyways... go at it... debate away... I will take a back seat and watch.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are bashing you.
And the post on the new denominations was presented for all those on the thread to comment on....I stated that in the beginning of the post.

I did not accuse you of bashing me... I am perfectly aware that you and I DISAGREE... it's not a problem.

The desire to silence those that stand up for Christianity by saying they are offended when Christians speak against sin.

I am not offended about speaking against sin...but... I understand we live in a completely fallen world... filled with overflowing sin.
My point is that GOD is the one who DEALS with sin.

God will deal with sin on Judgment Day....but until then we have to live with and deal with sin. Not sit silently and let it fester.
Did Christ and the Apostles have your attitude? Stay silent against sin? Were they being nasty when they called people on their perversions? Would Satan want Christians to remain silent non-participants as he worked his agenda? Live and let burn in hell!

There has been such nastiness going on since the election... name calling... bashing of others... it has been horrific... ( this is the part where you tell me to STOP WHINING )... I just don't see that any of this type of action is helpful.

Open discussions are always helpful. That is why the founding father of our country but freedom of speech in the Bill of Rights.

ACCUSING people of living perverted lives is all good and well... but it accomplishes nothing... it does not fix the problem of sin.

Accusing....ya see....patterns. It is not a fact that homosexually and drug use are wrong? That is just an opinion for you? You see it being nasty when I point out sin. Talking about the perversions of people is offensive. You might hurt somebody's feelings. You should be quiet about morality....Talk sweet things about Christ and pretty pictures and sweet smelling flowers.
I will reference you back to.... Is a new denomination forming...

You seem to think I have taken the easy way out... the LAZY way out... that I am a no show when the chips are down.. but in all actuality
I just don't see the world in the way that you do. I thought we covered that truth on a different thread... but apparently we are NOT finished. LOL

The lazy way out is the non-participant, the one that does not take a stand...stand for nothing. Tolerate anything. No confrontation.

Anyways... go at it... debate away... I will take a back seat and watch.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, our job:

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:28-29

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

Reactions: Grailhunter

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter at this point I am just going to "whatever" you.... You keep twisting what I say... and at this point... I have wasted enough time trying to share my heart and thoughts...

You and I DISAGREE.... NOT on the DEFINITION of SIN... but on WHAT our duties are as Christians.
Yes we are to stand against sin.... by living our lives in a way pleasing to God... that is all the power we have... to work on our OWN lives.

You mistake my allowing GOD to do HIS work... as me not doing mine... I cannot fix that mindset.

Maybe you should build a tall tower... so that you can SHOUT from the top of your lungs to the SINNERS who have turned AMERICA upside down.

AT this point.... I have nothing more to say to you... I have tried to explain how I see things... and nothing I say seems to appeal to you.

If you want to peg me in as a NEW GENERATION of CHRISTIANS who are against CHRISTIANS... then go for it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter at this point I am just going to "whatever" you.... You keep twisting what I say... and at this point... I have wasted enough time trying to share my heart and thoughts...

I don't twist anything....straight shooter. Read your own posts...consider what you are saying.

You and I DISAGREE.... NOT on the DEFINITION of SIN... but on WHAT our duties are as Christians.
Yes we are to stand against sin.... by living our lives in a way pleasing to God... that is all the power we have... to work on our OWN lives.

Like I pointed out, that is not the beliefs of Christ and the Apostles....You really cannot categorize the Bible as a book of toleration.

ou mistake my allowing GOD to do HIS work... as me not doing mine... I cannot fix that mindset.

So what do you see as God's work? And I do not know what you do.
Maybe you should build a tall tower... so that you can SHOUT from the top of your lungs to the SINNERS who have turned AMERICA upside down.

LOL Ya that sound like a good idea.

AT this point.... I have nothing more to say to you... I have tried to explain how I see things... and nothing I say seems to appeal to you.

If you want to peg me in as a NEW GENERATION of CHRISTIANS who are against CHRISTIANS... then go for it.

Oh you have explained reasonably well. Peg you in...I think you need to read your own posts...I think you did that yourself.
There are a lot of denominations out there....and what you have expressed is reasonably popular. And again I would wonder what you would call it. Socially acceptable Christianity....I don't know. As it is most that think along the line of what you do, probably do not go to church because they would find to much of it offense...would not feel that you fit in. But if a denomination was formed regarding tolerance and social acceptance...it would be a place to fit in....it would be a great church for the LGBTQ community.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter At the risk of having nightmares about you SHOUTING at me while I sleep... I shall yet again try to explain.

Let me see... where do I start?? I find it absolutely mind boggling that you would peg me as having a reasonably popular belief system.
You are stating that I am a socially accepting Christian of sin.

What I am saying to you is what on earth do YOU think YOU can do to change the sinful condition of the world????
You are ranting about sin yet have NO solution to deal with it.... other than SCREAMING that it is SIN and that YOU will not tolerate such a thing...
PULEEEEEEEZE. What do you propose to do???? send in the busses.... send in the ships... the sinners are being EVACUATED.

You keep telling me to read what I am writing...

I am writing that SIN is wrong... all of it... I am writing that I live my life to the best of my ability. I am writing that I trust God with all my heart... and that I believe it is HIS job to deal with the sin of the world.

I don't know what you expect me to say... I can send you money for a megaphone if you would like.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't twist anything....straight shooter. Read your own posts...consider what you are saying.

Like I pointed out, that is not the beliefs of Christ and the Apostles....You really cannot categorize the Bible as a book of toleration.

So what do you see as God's work? And I do not know what you do.

LOL Ya that sound like a good idea.

Oh you have explained reasonably well. Peg you in...I think you need to read your own posts...I think you did that yourself.
There are a lot of denominations out there....and what you have expressed is reasonably popular. And again I would wonder what you would call it. Socially acceptable Christianity....I don't know. As it is most that think along the line of what you do, probably do not go to church because they would find to much of it offense...would not feel that you fit in. But if a denomination was formed regarding tolerance and social acceptance...it would be a place to fit in....it would be a great church for the LGBTQ community.
Unfortunately this is what is happening in many “churches “, the LGBTQ community is being coddled and told that God loves you regardless. God does love them, but cannot tolerate their sin. There are consequences to an abhorrent lifestyle. Not just homosexual sin but any sin. The political correct mob really caters to the various groups, and much care for Christians.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying to you is what on earth do YOU think YOU can do to change the sinful condition of the world????

The wisdom of the world right? What did Christ and the Apostles think they could do "to change the sinful condition of the world?" There is a lot you can do and a lot I can do. But at least you could vote against it. Seeds and the act of one.

Back in the day when I was traveler I would go to churches...different states and different countries. Testifying of Christ and speaking against sin and sinful lifestyles. What is that song? Your so vain...Carly Simon....You're so vain I bet you think this song is about you...
I do not have a little bubble...I think worldwide...When I am talking to you or speaking to hundreds of people I am not expecting to change them. I can't change them...but I can plant seeds that God can work with. They can hate me because sometimes planting that seed is painful. I wrote a 1700 page book entitled "The Cup The Rose And The Lamb." In that book I address seeds of faith....as does the Bible. Truth has the power to convict....shake your tree! When I am talking to you I am talking to the world and if my seeds make a few think again and if God can use them to save souls....I will know about it on Judgment Day.

Then again along the lines of seeds and doing right....as I said, traveling to churches and when the topic of charity would come up, some would say that it would not change anything because they got where they were because of their choices. And I would explain to them that all that matters is that we do what is right. The fact that you tried to help someone is all that matters.

I don't get involved with understanding why they need help. And all they know is that someone or the church helped them. Is that a seed, that could very well be. In the last few hours I packed boxes of food to deliver to the elderly. Just got back from doing that. Does that change anything....ask them.

I am writing that SIN is wrong... all of it... I am writing that I live my life to the best of my ability. I am writing that I trust God with all my heart... and that I believe it is HIS job to deal with the sin of the world.
I don't know what you expect me to say... I can send you money for a megaphone if you would like.

And this is why I like you....
What would have happened if the Apostles thought that it was God's "job to deal with the sins of the world."
What if after Christ ascended to His Father, the Apostles just went home and went with, they trusted God to deal with the sins of the world? Not our business if souls are saved...not our business if souls go to hell. No skin off our tails...we believe! Why would they think they could change anything?

A farmer believes that evil is wrong and when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor he enlists in the army. What if all the farmers just agreed that sin is bad and would have stayed home?

The power of the one that believes in God! The power of those that walk with Christ! The power of those that collectively stand against evil! You and I can change the world....yes we can. Some of us have an opportunity more than others to change the world and I have been there and was with those that changed the world. It is about standing for what is right and doing what is right. The more that do what is right, the better off we all are.

During the Iraq war, when Saddam Hussein was shooting scud missiles at Israel....Israel warned President Bush that they intended to nuke Iraq. President Bush told them to hold fast and hang on to there hats. He sent the USS Washington that was nuclear equipped to defend Israel. I and my team was sent in to deliver and train the Patriot Missile system to give Israel a defensive umbrella against the Scud missiles. So Israel could stand down.

You see when you nuke someone in the sand...that sand goes up in the upper atmosphere and can kill others that are in other counties...US nukes don't do that. So what we prevented changed things.

Doing what is right religiously and doing what is right in life is important. "DOING" is the keyword.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter

I am passing the baton of this thread over to you... as I have no interest in trying to JUSTIFY
what type of Christian I am. In my opinion.... you landed on this thread with the intention of
of proving some kind of point.

I do not OWE you or ANYONE countless hours of explanation as to how I see life or my duty as a Christian. I answer to God.

I am fully aware of the fact that you are not impressed with my attitudes regarding a great many things... I am absolutely fine with that.

Tenderly. Addy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Grailhunter

I am passing the baton of this thread over to you... as I have no interest in trying to JUSTIFY
what type of Christian I am. In my opinion.... you landed on this thread with the intention of
of proving some kind of point.

I do not OWE you or ANYONE countless hours of explanation as to how I see life or my duty as a Christian. I answer to God.

I am fully aware of the fact that you are not impressed with my attitudes regarding a great many things... I am absolutely fine with that.

Tenderly. Addy

Yeap I always have a point....walking speech.
But you can keep your baton.....I'll back off.
See ya later...